• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Callidior and Neon_Stacks crazy rp

You awake to the sound of dreary water dips and muffled murmurers. A strong musky scent fills your nostrils. The feel of hard stone and iron cuffs gripping tightly to your wrists are hardly inviting.

A lantern barley illuminates your surroundings. You can see before you thick iron bars and too your right is your cellmate a Fox from the desert lands.

The desert fox looks to you and speaks. "Hey. Are ya awake yet?"

@Neon Stack 

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkness as thick as tar was all that was in front of her. Only a slight glimmer of light coming from a rusty lantern illuminated the room. A voice cut through the shadows.

"Hey. Are ya awake yet?"

"...ugh..."

Merel could feel the cold stone on her face. The moist air sat heavy in her lungs as she sat up to face the stranger. Looking around Merel knew exactly where she was. Another dark, dingy cell. The lantern just outside the cell cast dancing shadows across the stone walls. On the opposite side of the cell sat another individual although it was too dark to see their face.

Merel glanced around to take in her surroundings. Her arms ached with stiffness from the iron cuffs around her wrist. The cell was your standard issue hellhole: dark, wet floors and leaky ceilings; iron bars standing oppressively in the way of freedom. This was nothing new to Merel. Being locked up for being a vigilante makes one become jaded to such depressing surroundings. She leaned her head back against the wall in defeat.

"Another damn prison cell..." she mumbled.

@Callidior

Ayla giggles "Another prison cell? What did you do to end up In so many?Oh and um.. What's ya name?" Ayla thalf smiles and tilts her head to the side. 

Prison was an occasional thing for Ayla. She would occasionally get caught stealing or causing a ruckus among the tavern-folk but this time was different... she didn't do anything this time!

@Neon Stack

Merel braced her back against the wall and stood up. She swished her tail flinging small water droplets against the stone wall.

"That's none of your damn business..."

Holding her hands above her head, she quickly stepped towards the iron bars, swinging he shackles hard against them. A loud pang rung throughout the rest of the holding cells. Recoiling back, Merel examined the cuffs before slamming them into the bars a few more times. Between the loud banging of the bars, loud footsteps approached the cell. From around the corner, a large bear-man approached.

"Keep it down over there!"

"Come make me asshole!" Merel yelled as she continued to bang the shackles against the bars.

The bear man swiftly moved towards the cell and reached through the bars, pulling Merel close to him and pinning her face against the cold metal. She could smell the alcohol and meat on his breath. His dark brown fur was shaggy and large scar stretched across the bridge of his nose. Standing at almost 2 meters tall, the hulking brute lifted merel off her feet.

"Shut up and be quiet, or I'll cut the rest of your damn ear off." the man growled as he threw Merel against the back wall. She crumpled to the floor trying to regain the wind that was knocked out of her.

"When I get out of here..." Merel spit blood on the floor and stared daggers through the goon.

"I'm kicking your ass."

The jailor threw his head back and let out a loud, boisterous laugh.

"You do that sweetheart!"

@Callidior

Ayla sat there on the floor and watched Merel beat on the bars in confusion. 

"Keep it down over there!"

Ayla's ears perked up, she has seen the Bear-Man harass other prisoners here so she instintilvly made herself look as out of the way as possible by scooting to the corner of the cell.

"Come make me asshole!"

Ayla thought Merel was insane! She nervously grinded her teeth together as the Bear-Man approached but, then something caught her eye. While being held up by the Bear-Man Ayla observed quick blurs move between Merel and the Bear-Man. At that moment Ayla rejected any thoughts about Merel being insane... well most of them.

"Shut up and be quiet, or I'll cut the rest of your damn ear off."

Ayla flinched at Merel slamming into the wall.

"When I get out of here..."

Ayla switched her view to the blood and thought about how much that may have hurt.

"I'm kicking your ass."

Ayla looked back to the Bear and tried not to laugh at his ridiculous laugh

"You do that sweetheart!"

The Bear-Man then turned back and walked away grumbling. Once the Bear-Man was sufficiently away Ayla turned her head towards Merel and gave her an devilish smirk then proceed to scoot closer to her.

"Pssst. Soooooooo what did ya take off our bear friend." Ayla whispered comically while holding up her cuffed hands near her face and tapping her claws together.

@Neon Stack

Merel sat up and brushed the white fringe out of her face. Leaning back against the prison wall, she held her hands up. Between her hands was a small pocket knife no bigger than 2 or 3 inches. It had ivory inlay with brass rivets holding the handle to the fixed blade. Two letters were inscribed in the side: TJ.

"Unless this thing can cut through steel..."

Merel examined the knife thoroughly.

"...We're out of luck."

Bending her legs upwards, Merel rested her shackled hands on her knees. Letting out a big sigh, She continued:

"Any ideas sand shrew?"

Callidior Callidior

Ayla's once perked up ears drooped downwards once she saw what Merel stole.

"Any ideas sand shrew?"

Ayla cocked her head and giggles

" Sand shrew? Ha! I'll take that as a complement."

Ayla holds out her restrained hands out toward Merel respecting a handshake.

"M'names Ayla and um... I think we could use that knife on the guard maybe if he was a little closer, perhaps in the cell with us? Ya know to get a better angle . Or maybe carve a lockpick outta something? "

Ayla Shrugs

"I dunno this my first time actually escaping jail. Usually I just buy my way out."

Neon Stack Neon Stack

Merel looked at Ayla like she just grew a third head. Buying her way out of jail? Usually one is put in jail after all other options of reconciliation have long passed. Merel shifted her gaze down towards Ayla's outstretched hand. What kind of formality is this? Well, at least she's friendly. Hesitating, Merel reached forward and met Aylas gesture.

"Merel...Merel Dragt..."

Merel quickly retracted her hand and picked up the knife. She stood up and began to walk around the cell looking for a stone that was flat enough to use.

"The only way we're getting out of here is to escape, or to take residence in a body bag. I'm not too fond of the latter."

She continued her search around the cell, stopping every few feet and feeling the stone in front of her.

"You're not going to buy your way out of this one, and I'm not going to stick around so I can be auctioned off as some fat nobleman's piece of meat."

Merel reeled her hand back and threw the knife against the wall, shattering the handle into 2 pieces. She picked up the broken handle and sat down on the floor. She reached over and grabbed her sleeve and ripped a piece of cloth off, wrapping it around the bare blade like a makeshift handle. She then began to work of carving the pieces of the broken handle.

Callidior Callidior

Ayla watched the knife bounce off the wall then looked back to Merel

"Merel? Merel is a cute name!" Ayla grinned

" But yeah, I've tried to bribe my way outta this one but, it didn't work. Then a bit before you woke up I overheard some of the guards talk of selling us. Your pretty spot on."

Ayla eyed the handle Merel was carving.

" I may not look like much but, Im pretty good at pickin looks."

Neon Stack Neon Stack

Merel was focused on the handle she was carving. Every few strokes of the knife, she held up the handle to the light to check her work.

"Basic Pin and tumbler locks. They don't look to have offset keyways so it shouldn't be that hard..."

Merel help up the first of the finished picks to the faint light of the lantern before sliding it across the floor to Ayla.

"Hopefully they won't have any security pins in them. I trust you have experience with picking sans a torque wrench? If not, just use your claws to leverage the cylinder like a torque."

Merel wasn't really looking for an answer; it was a rhetorical question. She started working on the second half of the handle without hesitation.

"I hope you are confident with your picking skills. You only get one shot."

Callidior Callidior

Ayla noded then bent down and picked up the lock pick.

"Nice!" Ayla smiled "When somebody is mean to me I tend to break in to their place and take stuff. That's kinda how I got inta lockpicking"

Ayla moved to the jail door then stuck the pick and her claw inside the key hole.

"hmmmm" Ayla fiddles with the lock for a minute until a click was heard.

"Yes!" Ayla grinned until she pulled her claw and a broken pick from the lock.

"Aww shit" she frowned with her ears drooped down. "Sowwy"

Neon Stack Neon Stack

Merel was busy finishing up another pick when she heard a click coming from the lock.

"Wait...did you just...?"

"Aww shit"

"You didn't..." Merel's eyes narrowed.

"Sowwy"

Letting out a big sigh, she stuck the finished pick into the the lock of the shackles. Using her claw as a torque, she felt around the lock. One pin set. Second pin set as well. Third and forth set with no issues. The fifth pin was bound so she moved on to the sixth; set, now back to the fifth. After some force, the lock turned freely. Merel carefully extracted the pick from the lock and held it with her teeth while she removed her hands from the shackles.

"Ah...much better..."

Removing the pick from her mouth, she turned to Ayla and waved her over.

"You. Get over here."

Callidior Callidior

Ayla walked over to Merel with droopy ears and a pout.

"Thanks Merel." Ayla held up her shackles.

" Uh..I guess I'm not as good as a lock picker I thought I was. Good thing I got my friend Merel" Ayla spoke happily in hopes to not make Merel upset.

Neon Stack Neon Stack

Merel made quick work or Ayla's shackles. The lock sprung open with a slight pinging noise.

"Without our gear, we're sitting ducks."

Merel quickly removed the shackles from Aylas's wrists.

"Any idea where our gear might be?"

Callidior Callidior

Users who are viewing this thread

Back