• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Call of Duty:AW RP... Stop Laughing and Give Me a Chance

If There is a CODAW RP, Whose Side Would You Like to be On?

• Atlas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sentinels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Serano

Anyone played Call of Duty: AW? I haven't, but after I heard Kevin Spacey was in it, I was immediately intrigued. At least enough to watch a cut-scene-movie of the game on YouTube. Unfortunately, (perhaps unsurprisingly so) it turned out to be your run of the mill, cliche filled, generic action story where you could see all the twists a mile away. Although I was disappointed, it's not because the story was fundamentally flawed. In fact, there's some real potential for a strong setting that could make for an interesting role play. But first, for those who aren't COD fans, here's the campaign trailer that does a good job of setting up the world (since it doesn't have the cartoon cliched twist revealed, which if you can't see it coming, you need your eyes checked.)

[media]

[/media]
For the back story of this new RP, there are three things I would change that would make the story infinitely more intriguing (this is only for those who have played the game, and if you haven't, you needn't worry about it):

First off, I would of held off killing Jack Mitchell's best friend Will Irons (Jeremy Irons' son) . In the game, they kill him off at the end of the first engagement which leaves little time to grow an attachment to him. Thus when Will's "dramatic" death comes a long, you have no emotional investment in the character or your relationship and thus are left wondering "was that suppose to be sad?" Pushing his death to after the 4/28 attacks, gives you more time to develop that bond and would of given his demise more impact. There's a second reason though for pushing his death to the finale of the Seattle mission, and that ties back to Jeremy Irons (Kevin Spacey) who is of course leader of Atlas.

Before we get to that, I have to go over the second big alteration I would make to the plot; to scrap the whole part of Jeremy Irons' knowing in advance about the terrorist attack but not telling anyone. It's bad enough to know that it's coming, but for it to actually occur just makes me cringe at what a waste it is of Spacey and that character. Instead of that twist, I would of had Irons attempt to stop the attacks. But due to having to deal with government red tape, your squad doesn't arrive in time to accomplish the mission, As a result, his son is killed in the attack.

The whole rest of the game would basically continue from that point on, but we end up with a much more complex antagonist. Irons transforms into a man who is now willing to do whatever it takes to avenge his son's death, which is shown by him sending in his team into Greece without letting the local authorities know of his plans. After the success of the mission, he realizes that the only way to prevent another 4/28, is to reshape the world in the image of Atlas.

You may ask, "wouldn't this turn him into a hero?" In fact it would, to some people at least. But keep in mind, Bin Laden is adored by many in the Middle East and if you ask them, they'll say that America and the West are the villains. I don't agree with them, but you can certainly see where there coming from if you take into account the history of that part of the world. The better question though, if the above is the case, "why wouldn't my character be on his side?" The reason you wouldn't be, nor would I, is that despite them being able to get things done, they don't care what your opinion is. You see it to a small degree at the Detroit Refugee Camp, where you have Americans who are being bullied around. A world run by Atlas is one without the freedoms you enjoy, specifically the one to say that they are wrong. So, you'd end up fighting for what Americans always fought for, and that is freedom.

In the ideal world, I would of ended the game with giving the player a choice; between an efficient world run by Atlas, or a free world as it (essentially) is today. I'm curious which you would of chosen in that instance.

For those who don't care about spoilers and know little of the story (except for the campaign trailer above) I'll now setup the world for you where the RP would begin:

Synoposis

The years is 2060. Five years ago, the man known as "Hades", head of a world wide terrorist organization known as the KVA, launched the largest terrorist attack in the history of mankind. Seattle, Detroit, London, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo, Johannesburg, Beijing, Rio, Rome, Moscow, these cities and more were all hit when Nuclear plants across the globe went into Meltdown. Locations on five continents were hit, as Hades attempted the plunge civilization into darkness.

With the nations of the world cripples, all seemed lost until Atlas, a private military corporation and also the world's largest military, stepped into fill the vacuum and rescue the survivors. Two and half million people live in camps world wide now where food, water and living space is all provided by Atlas. There have been reports in the camps of protests against Atlas iron rule, but so far Atlas has dismissed them as being the work of KVA sympathizers.

One year ago, Atlas launched a daring raid into Greece to kill the man known as Hades. This attack was done without the permission of Greek or European Authorities and thus drew their ire. But no one could argue with the results of the mission; Hades was killed during his engagement with soldiers of Atlas.

Just a few days ago, Jeremy Irons, head of Atlas, made a declaration to the UN. In it, he acknowledged the accusations that Atlas had developed a weapon that was capable of targeting individuals who were not apart of the Private Military outfit. He also expressed his disdain for the governments of the world, and accused them of allowing the attacks of 4/28 to occur with their inept bureaucracies. Irons concluded his statement by addressing the attendees directly and saying, "Let's be clear; I am hear to solve the world's problems. And I believe the world's problems begin with you."

In response, the United States in a joint declaration with China, Russia, Japan and the EU have formed a task force known as Sentinel, with the goal of taking down Atlas. They also released a joint statement saying that "there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, tyrants and armies cannot stand. The people of this world stand united against this common threat, and will never yield to Jeremy Irons. "

End Synopsis

So now I'd like to hear from you guys if you think you would be interested in this RP. Whose side would you rather be on? Atlas or the new Joint Military Task Force known as Sentinel? I can see taking the role play in several directions but I'm going to wait for the response before going into them.

And for those who may be interested, here is the campaign cut-scene movie that I was referring to before:

[media]
[/media]

I'll definitely join it, the campaign was one of the best I've ever played. I would be interested in joining the atlas side. Plus Kevin Spacey was awesome in that game.

Harbinger said:
I'll definitely join it, the campaign was one of the best I've ever played. I would be interested in joining the atlas side. Plus Kevin Spacey was awesome in that game.
Wow, that was quick, did you get a chance to see the changes to the original story I made? This RP pretty much follows the COD:AW story but with some key (but major) differences.

Aeradom said:
Wow, that was quick, did you get a chance to see the changes to the original story I made? This RP pretty much follows the COD:AW story but with some key (but major) differences.
Yeah I read it, I'm fine with it as well

Harbinger said:
Yeah I read it, I'm fine with it as well
One thing I forgot to mention is that we'll probably start the RP after the Battle of New Baghdad and I think may put in one additional change, and that is that the US (which I think it was just them fighting) loses that initial attack (like they do in the game). Explain something to me because I haven't played it; what happened with the battle after Atlas initially released Manticore? From the movie, all I could tell was that they chose to attack again but wasn't clear why they would.

They attacked again to stop atlas from launching a missile that had more mamticore on make cities in the US. Mitchell and Gideon went in and destroyed the missile since they were immune top manticore.

I'd've said just take the essential themes rather than remain shackled to a canon you haven't played. I doubt Activision was willing to explore all the implications of the vanilla plot.

Anyway, won't join, but I will be watching.

I'm with @Grey

If you haven't played a game with a canon you aren't totally familiar with, you shouldn't do an RP based off one until you've had the experience of it

However, this is certainly interesting, Not participating in RP, but certainly watching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back