• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy CAINHURST - OOC CHAT

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Someone: *calls Clarisse little / short / etc*
Clarisse:
tenor.gif

Along with the introduction of Day 2 they'll be a concrete little "Quest guide" for the two main plots I'll have running for the next few in game days - that is to say, the Crowhaven Intrigue story and the Werewolf story.

The Crowhaven one will be a bit more long term, and since Gheist has had to drop out they'll be another space there. That story will be for Noire, Clarisse, Derwin and one of the Dark Maidens. If possible, I'd like a volunteer for Co-GM (Preferably someone whose RP'd with me before) for that who will know the main story points so can help guide the others.

Werewolf One will be for Klyn, Lucian and the OTHER Dark Maiden. Will be just a single day + Night one so won't be a huge undertaking after which you'll be free to pursue whatever you wish.

If you're not in those two you're basically free roaming aha. But don't worry, I'll have everyone involved in a story like sooner or later!

Oh, and if anyone feels brave and wants a second character the window is open from tomorrow!

Cainhurst Retainers, BloodGuard, might be open to a Werewolf.

Ok, so Lady Fray's estate/manor/whatever in Crowhaven would not be far from Blackrock right? The way they arrived in a carriage and the way everyone's speaking about it makes it seem like it's over the river and through the woods or something, some kind of long journey, but in theory it should just be a fairly quick ride through some city streets to get from Blackrock to anywhere within the city of Crowhaven, shouldn't it?

Ok, so Lady Fray's estate/manor/whatever in Crowhaven would not be far from Blackrock right? The way they arrived in a carriage and the way everyone's speaking about it makes it seem like it's over the river and through the woods or something, some kind of long journey, but in theory it should just be a fairly quick ride through some city streets to get from Blackrock to anywhere within the city of Crowhaven, shouldn't it?

The map isn't HUGEEELY accurate - the size of Blackrock is exaggerated. There is a twoish hour ride from Blackrock to the very centre of Crowhaven.

If you wanted to get from Blackrock to the closest part of Crowhaven, would it be a quick walk down the road, or would you need a carriage just to make that journey too?

Also, presumably the majority of the journey will be through the city, not through wilderness or plains or hills or a dirt road or anything, right? From Blackrock to Fray's estate, that is.

If you wanted to get from Blackrock to the closest part of Crowhaven, would it be a quick walk down the road, or would you need a carriage just to make that journey too?

Itd be a good day to walk there and back again I think. Most people rock the ol' Undead horse and such, and I imagine there's a few taverns small settlements on the way for pitstops.

Also, presumably the majority of the journey will be through the city, not through wilderness or plains or hills or a dirt road or anything, right? From Blackrock to Fray's estate, that is.

It'll take longer to navigate the city, I think yeah

It'll be Derwin, Noire, A Dark Maiden posing as Noire's handmaiden and an extra BloodGuard. That's all they're getting lol

For a royal on the move through the city? I would think that'd be an all hands on deck kind of situation involving a large contingent of guards, no?

For a royal on the move through the city? I would think that'd be an all hands on deck kind of situation involving a large contingent of guards, no?

Yeah odd that.

The Dark Lord and Lucrezia believes it's better to move quickly and quietly with no fuss, you know how it is.

But it is rather out of character.

As was Ulfric accepting the request of that matter.

If Derwin began planning to use the forces at his command to set up a perimeter along the route they intended to use well ahead of time, as well as occupy the buildings and alleys within a set distance of it along the way, who would be the one to stop him from doing it?

If Derwin began planning to use the forces at his command to set up a perimeter along the route they intended to use well ahead of time, as well as occupy the buildings and alleys within a set distance of it along the way, who would be the one to stop him from doing it?

He's got about a day's notice but that would be fine. Though I assume the road to Blackrock is very well guarded already. With both a very LARGE amount of Undead, a couple of BloodGuard and regular guards all about.

He's got about a day's notice but that would be fine. Though I assume the road to Blackrock is very well guarded already. With both a very LARGE amount of Undead, a couple of BloodGuard and regular guards all about.

Or perhaps a contingent could be arranged but part ways at Fray's estate so just Noire's personal "guard"

Either way, not that big a deal. Just wanted material for a future post talking about what lengths Derwin goes to to protect Noire, what plans he makes, what resources he has at his disposal and how he uses them, and eventually how things either go according to his plans or how they dont, etc.

Are undead servants useful/clever enough to serve as scouts or outriders that can relay information back to Derwin about what is ahead or detect something amiss and alert him and the others to it?

Either way, not that big a deal. Just wanted material for a future post talking about what lengths Derwin goes to to protect Noire, what plans he makes, what resources he has at his disposal and how he uses them, and eventually how things either go according to his plans or how they dont, etc.

Are undead servants useful/clever enough to serve as scouts or outriders that can relay information back to Derwin about what is ahead or detect something amiss and alert him and the others to it?

Uuuuuh hmmm.
Undead can't talk. So I don't know how effective they'd be at that sort of role. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back