• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Caged Dragons (Saffron_Majesty x Escapethe_Reality) (1x1)

Saffron_Majesty

Intinn dhá rí.
The six foot three inch and heavily muscular form of Vance "The Dragon" Brant sat on his knees in a big thirty by thirty foot white padded room. Both of his big arms were in metal cases that chained his arms outward to the wall. His white, shoulder-length jet black hair and beard lay untrimmed across the massively scarred pale skin of his body as it was too dangerous to get close enough to give him a haircut. His black, bottomless eyes were closed, his breathing flat and unyielding.

Vance was in this high security asylum in New York because he was a serial killer. Not just that, he was one of the most prominent, with two hundred confirmed kills and at least a hundred more unconfirmed. Brant was referred to among the psych community as "A Dragon" or in his case "The Dragon". After each of his kills, he consumed the flesh of his victim in one way or another, cleaned the bones with meticulous scrutiny, and added them to a massive pile of bleach white skeletons on which he would spend his nights sleeping.

Vance's last checkup psychologist had committed suicide after only five months of treatment, similar to the last three and today, they were bringing in someone new to try and figure him out.

Olivia sat at her desk, browsing through meaningless files, of the psychological studies her colleagues and co-psychologists had made throughout the years. Study after study, one even more boring than the other. It was not until she heard the noise of a briefcase being slammed down in front of her. Looking up, she saw her boss and mentor, Mr. Travis, hovering over her, with a slight smile on his face.
“You are going to love this one,” Mr. Travis said, as he carefully pushed the briefcase over the desk, and placing it just in front of her. Olivia carefully opened what turned out to be the file of The Dragon - a file she had only dreamed of getting her hands on.

“Is this real? Or are you shitting me?” Olivia said, her voice filled with excitement, her hands already scrolling through the pages.
“No, I am not. I want you to take the case,”
Olivia went silent, as her eyes widened. Her? Take on this case?
“The last one... Didn’t make it. I was hesitant to let anybody take on the case, but you are my best one. I want you to take it,”
“Sir, that is very kind of you, but. I’ve seen how it goes; what if I-“
Mr. Travis simply just shook his head, as he closed the briefcase yet again. “No, I know you. You would never let it get far enough, for him to get to you, like he has done to the rest. I’ve settled up a meeting with the asylum this afternoon. Will you take it?”

Olivia thought for a few minutes, before answering. Mr. Travis was right. She had read the files of other unlucky psychologists, who had dared to take on The Dragon’s case, and had found mistake upon mistake. Mistakes she knew, she would not be stupid enough to make.
Grabbing the briefcase with both her hands, she nodded, and rose from her seat. “I’ll take it,”

The file in Olivia's hands said many things, but among the more important were Vance's career statistics, his affects on psychologists trying to understand him, and descriptions of some of his behaviors and warnings about those. The top ones marked were, indiscriminate and extreme violence, high intelligence, and a highly effective ability to act like a 'normal' human being. Close interaction instructions read that a diagnosing psychologist should never come closer than ten feet with Vance, must complete daily interaction logs, and must never leave the beaten path of psychological analysis, in other words, refrain from having a normal conversation.

The sun had risen on the vast city of New York, and though there were no windows in Vance's cell, his body clock woke him up. Moments before a squad of six highly armed guards opened the door to the holding cell of The Dragon, he was awake and his eyes were open feigning blankness. It was time to feed The Dragon. Vance could tell by body type that four of the guards were his usual and two of them were new. By the looks of the new guards with their jitters, they were scared to even be in the room. Their identities were concealed from Vance and they weren't allowed to speak to him so that he couldn't perform his manipulative abilities. The chains holding Vance's arms up like wings reeled out of the wall allowing him to bend over and back. Two of the experienced guards slid a short food table up to Vance. He had to eat with his mouth only as having his hands unbound was deemed too dangerous after the numerous events. Vance proceeded to eat his meal as neatly as possible and when he was done, the meal was withdrawn. But, in order to keep Vance in good condition they had to clean him after he ate. A newbie guard approached with a wet cloth. Suddenly, as the guard was bedside him, Vance's eyes snapped up and he lunged wrapping the chains attached to his hand restraints around the new guards neck. The sudden movement caused the restraint chains to reel back violently, breaking the guards neck. Vance smiled softly, his straight teeth and deep eyes making the remaining guards shudder. The only reason that Vance hadn't been executed was because his body and mind were anomalous and studied intensely by the defense and weapon contracting firms for the US military.

Mr. Travis had asked, if Olivia wanted to be accompanied to her meeting with the asylum, but she had declined. He had helped her enough over the years, taking her in as an intern early on in her time at university, and had immediately granted her a job as a member of his team of high leveled psychologists. His kindness had given her some trouble over the years though. Not many believed, that Mr. Travis had helped Olivia our of kindness and and immediately trademarked her as his office pet.
This time, Olivia wanted to make her own success.

She had been to the asylum before, only to study and learn about some ‘minor’ patients. It had been the usuals; schizophrenia, bipolar disorders and even some PTSD patients. But this. This was something else.

Walking inside, she was met with one of the Dr., so was one of the many, who had studied The Dragon over the years. Smiling, she greeted him. “I’m Olivia Jover. Mr. Travis sent me,”
“Yes! Mr. Jover, it is a pleasure. Please, follow me,” And soon she was taken inside of the asylum, and it did not take long before she was much further inside, than she had been before.

Vance's cold, lifeless eyes opened slowly and stared at his cell door. His acute senses detected most of everything, and today, the footsteps of the asylum were differing in their patterns. Besides the typical quarter hour rounds of armed guards, there were more footsteps, less heavy ones, like doctors and officers. "I wonder if we're getting a visitor today." Vance wondered out loud with a chuckle. He knew that there were microphones in the room an that whoever was unlucky enough to monitor the devices had to endure him. There hadn't been as many suicides among device operators as their had been among doctors in this asylum, but there were some. Vance liked it that way.

The grinding of teeth and heavy breathing could be heard from Vance's cell as he tensed up his muscles for minutes at a time. The staff of the New York High Security Asylum didn't allow The Dragon to exercise, but that didn't stop him from gaining muscle mass by tensing and straining. It was part of the reason that he was so dangerous, he was strong and fast. Vance let out a final harsh breath when he was done with his exercises. Some sweat had built up in his long black hair.

The doctor who had greeted Olivia, quickly gave her a small tour around the facility, just out of pure habit and politeness, but in fact, it couldn’t had mattered less to Olivia. She had only heard stories and read the few studies she had been able to get her hands on about The Dragon. Knowing very well, that he was present in one of the very cells in the building made her mind flutter. Was he actually had terrifying and manipulative as others had stated? And worst of all... How did he manage to drive 4 psychologists to their death?

“I would love to be able to... Meet, my patient soon. How long would it take for you to gather together an appointment?” she asked, when the doctor had taken her to one of the cafeteria-like breakrooms for the other employees.
And then she heard it; giggles and laughs coming from behind her. She frowned lightly, as she placed her coffee mug onto the table, and turned her head to watch a handful of doctors sitting at another table, all laughing; and she knew they were laughing at her.

“Little miss, you must be new here. We don’t set up ‘appointment’ for The Dragon. He is far too... Complicated for that,”
Olivia tilted her head slightly, as she watched one of the young doctors behind her, as he was speaking to her. The young man sat laid back, arms crossed over his chest, and legs stretched out in front of him.
She was just about to say a piece of her mind to him, when the doctor in front of her snapped her attention back to him.
“Miss, with The Dragon, we have to be very cautiousness. We have only managed to put him in a monitor room once, and-“
“Do that! Yes, do that for me! I mean, I have to see him somehow - how else am I supposed to analyze him well enough, to figure out what is going on inside of his mind?”
The doctor went silent for a few seconds, but then eventually nodded, before pulling his phone out from his inner pocket, to call for security to set The Dragon up in one of the high security monitor rooms.

Vance watched the door to his roomy holding cell carefully. A large squad of armed guards had formed. Semicircle outside of the door. They opened it slowly and filed inside there were eight of them and there wasn't any food or other accessory items. Vance became excited, though it was hard to tell with his dark lifeless eyes that seemed to drain the life-force out of the people in the room if they looked.

A guard, likely the one in charge made a hand signal and four of the other guards produced long six foot poles each with a quarter circle at the end. These four carefully approached a now laughing Vance and clicked the poles into a full circle around his neck. The chains were then released from his hand containers and the move started. "So were going for a trip? Where to? I don't get out much you know." Vance said mocking the guards as they eased him out of the contianment room and into the hallway. None of the guards replied. Many bad incidents had occurred as the result of Vance targeting an antagonistic handler.

The group of guards with tranquilizer guns and Vance in tow marched down the halls of the asylum getting terrified looks from nurses and other passersby causing Vance to chuckle. The entourage eventually arrived at the obervation room and the guard in control of the collar rods eased Vance through the door and to the center of the room where they pushed him to his knees and secured the holding rods attached to his collar to a harness. No attempt was made to secure his hands covers for the danger associated with that.

"I'm getting wind that there's someone here to see me." Vance said unemotionally. He closed his dark eyes and leaned his head back in the collar to wait for his new psychologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back