• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ||-c o l o u r s-||

l y s s a

love bites

'If people were colours, and it was just us two'
'you'd be a warm, vivid and passionate shade of red, and I a cold, dull and lonely hue of blue'

||-C O L O U R S-||

everything

is

blue

-t h e i d e a l-

sR65ynv.gif
VURZ1I3.gif
iCU5nu7.gif
6Utkgy2.gif

no slide
purple wasn't for you
Tgqe1M9.gif

p l o t

When it comes to the whole 'finding your soulmate and seeing colours' thing, people only tell you about the ideal scenario: You're doing something akin to your daily routine, you meet someone who you're magnetically drawn to, you interact with one another and then
boom, you see colour for the first time. Cue the sparks and the fireworks, then run into the sunset to live happily ever after in Fairy-tale Land where nothing could go wrong, and everything is sunshine and lollipops.

But you see, there's a very obvious and very
fatal flaw with this scenario: Sure, it may be the 'ideal', but it isn't real.

Everything about it is impossibly perfect, all the way down to the 'sparks and fireworks'. It's this unobtainable romanticization of the defective 'Soulmate Schematic', which has done more harm than good. It gives children everywhere the idea that the moment they meet their soulmate, they'll automatically get their happy ending. And that's why none of them- Not one of them are prepared for the real thing.

And the real scenarios? It's much more grim, much more pessimistic than the ideal, and that's why no one likes to talk about them. No one likes to talk about the scenarios that have one person being someone's soulmate, but that person not being the other one's. No one likes to talk about the scenarios that have one person being 'fated' to a person only days away from death, giving them only the shortest time to be with the supposed 'love of their life' before losing them, and in the process losing all the colour available to them. No one likes to talk about the scenarios that end up with one soulmate abusing their 'fated', and killing them in the process. No one likes to talk about the scenarios where both soulmates hate eachother, and live their lives miserable with eachother.

No one likes to talk about the countless relationships ruined by the flawed system. No one likes to talk about the
lives this system has ruined and-or destroyed. No one likes to talk about how when your 'soulmate' dies, you lose the ability to see colour again. No one likes to talk about how the person you're fated to isn't really even your soulmate, just a match made by nature that's kind of, sort of, maybe good. And no one, not one person likes to talk about how the 'Soulmate Schematic' has ruined not only other peoples' lives...

But also your's as well.

o v e r v i e w

An alternate universe where everyone is basically born with their color receptors dormant and untriggered, and the only way they can be activated is by meeting the one life has dictated is the perfect match for you physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally: A literal soulmate, if you will. But because life is also a dick and kind of a fuck-up, it ruins everything.

This is the story of a few individuals who are the victim of life's biggest fuck-up- The ones paired with someone who they shouldn't be with at all. The one's who got paired with someone who's a dickhead, with someone who they hate, with someone who is about to die, with someone who treats them like shit and more. This is the story of how their lives got ruined by life itself.

This is also the story of they dealt with their circumstances.

r u l e s

+ Don't be rude.

+ Please be respectful. Don't dump on somebody or make fun of them/their cs/whatever they do. If you do, I'll kindly ask you to leave the rp.

+ This particular RP is gonna delve into some heavy subjects, and if you choose to use a sensitive topic as one of the reasons why your char got matched wrong then
p l e a s e use trigger warnings.

+ This isn't first come first serve. I will accept the character sheets I think best fit this particular roleplay.

+ Since this is a detailed RP, I would like atleast a 2+ paragraph post from everyone, but I also implore you guys to take your time when writing. Quality over quantity.

+ Please, if you chose to do a particularly heavy subject for your character, do research on said subject. Accuracy is key, and I don't want any offensive-and-or-negative stereotypes popping up.

+ If you are not comfortable with the sensitive topics and-or think that it might affect any part of you well-being, please go. I don't want anyone being negatively affected by the rp, and I certainly don't want this to compromise your health.

+ If you guys need a break or have had something pop up, then just tell everyone in the OOC that you need to leave for a bit and all will be swell and understood without question.
:)

+ If for some reason there turns out to be some type of 'steamy' scene, then just fade to black.

+ Anyone under the age of 16 is advised to turn away before your innocent souls are ruined forever. Anyone else over 16? well...

W e l c o m e t o t h e d a r k s i d e

(we got cookies yo)

t h e m e - s o n g

everything

is

grey

-t h e r e a l-

Kfd97mr.gif
tumblr_nqo9ef50Je1uxvhogo1_500.gif
ZOOtyFq.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread