• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ||-c o l o u r s-||

l y s s a

love bites

'If people were colours, and it was just us two'
'you'd be a warm, vivid and passionate shade of red, and I a cold, dull and lonely hue of blue'

||-C O L O U R S-||

everything

is

blue

-t h e i d e a l-

sR65ynv.gif
VURZ1I3.gif
iCU5nu7.gif
6Utkgy2.gif

no slide
purple wasn't for you
Tgqe1M9.gif

p l o t

When it comes to the whole 'finding your soulmate and seeing colours' thing, people only tell you about the ideal scenario: You're doing something akin to your daily routine, you meet someone who you're magnetically drawn to, you interact with one another and then
boom, you see colour for the first time. Cue the sparks and the fireworks, then run into the sunset to live happily ever after in Fairy-tale Land where nothing could go wrong, and everything is sunshine and lollipops.

But you see, there's a very obvious and very
fatal flaw with this scenario: Sure, it may be the 'ideal', but it isn't real.

Everything about it is impossibly perfect, all the way down to the 'sparks and fireworks'. It's this unobtainable romanticization of the defective 'Soulmate Schematic', which has done more harm than good. It gives children everywhere the idea that the moment they meet their soulmate, they'll automatically get their happy ending. And that's why none of them- Not one of them are prepared for the real thing.

And the real scenarios? It's much more grim, much more pessimistic than the ideal, and that's why no one likes to talk about them. No one likes to talk about the scenarios that have one person being someone's soulmate, but that person not being the other one's. No one likes to talk about the scenarios that have one person being 'fated' to a person only days away from death, giving them only the shortest time to be with the supposed 'love of their life' before losing them, and in the process losing all the colour available to them. No one likes to talk about the scenarios that end up with one soulmate abusing their 'fated', and killing them in the process. No one likes to talk about the scenarios where both soulmates hate eachother, and live their lives miserable with eachother.

No one likes to talk about the countless relationships ruined by the flawed system. No one likes to talk about the
lives this system has ruined and-or destroyed. No one likes to talk about how when your 'soulmate' dies, you lose the ability to see colour again. No one likes to talk about how the person you're fated to isn't really even your soulmate, just a match made by nature that's kind of, sort of, maybe good. And no one, not one person likes to talk about how the 'Soulmate Schematic' has ruined not only other peoples' lives...

But also your's as well.

o v e r v i e w

An alternate universe where everyone is basically born with their color receptors dormant and untriggered, and the only way they can be activated is by meeting the one life has dictated is the perfect match for you physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally: A literal soulmate, if you will. But because life is also a dick and kind of a fuck-up, it ruins everything.

This is the story of a few individuals who are the victim of life's biggest fuck-up- The ones paired with someone who they shouldn't be with at all. The one's who got paired with someone who's a dickhead, with someone who they hate, with someone who is about to die, with someone who treats them like shit and more. This is the story of how their lives got ruined by life itself.

This is also the story of they dealt with their circumstances.

r u l e s

+ Don't be rude.

+ Please be respectful. Don't dump on somebody or make fun of them/their cs/whatever they do. If you do, I'll kindly ask you to leave the rp.

+ This particular RP is gonna delve into some heavy subjects, and if you choose to use a sensitive topic as one of the reasons why your char got matched wrong then
p l e a s e use trigger warnings.

+ This isn't first come first serve. I will accept the character sheets I think best fit this particular roleplay.

+ Since this is a detailed RP, I would like atleast a 2+ paragraph post from everyone, but I also implore you guys to take your time when writing. Quality over quantity.

+ Please, if you chose to do a particularly heavy subject for your character, do research on said subject. Accuracy is key, and I don't want any offensive-and-or-negative stereotypes popping up.

+ If you are not comfortable with the sensitive topics and-or think that it might affect any part of you well-being, please go. I don't want anyone being negatively affected by the rp, and I certainly don't want this to compromise your health.

+ If you guys need a break or have had something pop up, then just tell everyone in the OOC that you need to leave for a bit and all will be swell and understood without question.
:)

+ If for some reason there turns out to be some type of 'steamy' scene, then just fade to black.

+ Anyone under the age of 16 is advised to turn away before your innocent souls are ruined forever. Anyone else over 16? well...

W e l c o m e t o t h e d a r k s i d e

(we got cookies yo)

t h e m e - s o n g

everything

is

grey

-t h e r e a l-

Kfd97mr.gif
tumblr_nqo9ef50Je1uxvhogo1_500.gif
ZOOtyFq.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, very intrigued! (& thank you for mentioning the trigger warning part. That's super considerate of you and not a lot of people think to do that!)

Despondency said:
great plot.
i'm interested. :-)
Thanks! It took ages to write, and involved so much soda that I'm pretty sure it passed the safe-limit, c:

Hope to see you when the thread goes up!

VintageBlues said:
Oooh, very intrigued! (& thank you for mentioning the trigger warning part. That's super considerate of you and not a lot of people think to do that!)
Aw, no problem! I just didn't want anyone to go in and suddenly read something considerably triggering without realizing it, especially if it had high level depictions in it. I've done that a few times before, and what happened after wasn't exactly the happiest thing in the world, and I don't want that happening to anyone else, so..

MarenXDenominator12 said:
Thanks! It took ages to write, and involved so much soda that I'm pretty sure it passed the safe-limit, c:
Hope to see you when the thread goes up!

Aw, no problem! I just didn't want anyone to go in and suddenly read something considerably triggering without realizing it, especially if it had high level depictions in it. I've done that a few times before, and what happened after wasn't exactly the happiest thing in the world, and I don't want that happening to anyone else, so..

Same, I've had tons of uncomfortable situations like that. Thankfully I'm a lot more comfortable! I'm Rxtra hyped for this RP and I can tell you spent a lot of time on this xx

@MarenXDenominator12

Question. If I'm sixteen am I allowed to join? If so I would be interested, if not then I absolutely understand, and wish you the best in the roleplay. It's a very fascinating idea as well.

Interested! This is an interesting concept of 'seeing color', tag me when the final thread goes up, yeah?

raises both hands excitedly* i would like to join! very very interesting, also i like that you used Halsey for a reference and theme song

Caru said:
@MarenXDenominator12
Question. If I'm sixteen am I allowed to join? If so I would be interested, if not then I absolutely understand, and wish you the best in the roleplay. It's a very fascinating idea as well.
Yeah of course! But only if you feel like you could handle the potentially dark themes of the role-play. The age restriction was made specifically for minors under the age of 16, so you're good :P .

VintageBlues said:
Same, I've had tons of uncomfortable situations like that. Thankfully I'm a lot more comfortable! I'm Rxtra hyped for this RP and I can tell you spent a lot of time on this xx
Yeah, not exactly the most 'fun' situations. You can really only do so much, and hopefully the warning will help with people who are more sensitive and unfortunately more well-versed with the subjects....

But on a lighter note, cool! Hope to see you there when the thread goes up! (oh and yes, this did take a while, and also it took much more caffeine the necessary-and-or-safe for human consumption)

Smoaki said:
Interested! This is an interesting concept of 'seeing color', tag me when the final thread goes up, yeah?
Heh, thanks! It was inspired by a tumblr post about an au where you didn't see colour until you met your soulmate, but me being me and having to totally put a dark twist on everything- It turned out to be an rp on how flawed this system can be and how life 'accurately'*cough* inaccurately*cough cough* matches you with your 'soulmate', quote unquote.

Also, definitely! hope to see you there :3!

Adira said:
raises both hands excitedly* i would like to join! very very interesting, also i like that you used Halsey for a reference and theme song
Haha, cool ! And aw, thanks! Literally the song was the ENTIRE inspiration for this RP, and was most of the musical-backbone for it when doing the actual writing aspect, :P .

I'll link everyone as soon as the thread is up!

Last edited by a moderator:
ItsStacysMom said:
I'm really interested in this, if you think you could fit one more!
Sure! The more the merrier, right? I'll link you when the post is up, which should be rather today or tomorrow in the afternoon. c:

Okay...I know you might not have enough room left but...This is exactly what I've been looking for. It would be awesome if I could sneak a spot. ;)

Paranoid said:
Okay...I know you might not have enough room left but...This is exactly what I've been looking for. It would be awesome if I could sneak a spot. ;)
Yeah, sure! I'll tag you when the thread goes up, which should be in an hour or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back