• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Buzzed

The Engagement Party

Natalia Remi Capello

Stomping echoed through the Capello's second floor hall, followed by screams and growls of frustration, coming from none other than the princess of the house. A door was whipped open, then slammed shut with an equal amount of force. The clicks of heels trailed down the stairs, and the door was heard, opening again, and shutting, this time much more peacefully. A man's footsteps could be heard chasing after the clicks. And suddenly, no sound. Then, a deep and sharp inhale.

"If I am going to be forced to marry this twat then I'm going to wear what I want! I asked for an emerald green reception dress, and they gave me forest green!" Natalia threw her hands in the air, stomping her foot again, and her father cowered backward. She scrunched up her nose, and slowly, but dramatically, her anger melted, and formed a new emotion. Then and there, she began to cry. Tears fell from her green eyes, and her lips pouted.

"Mi princesa, please, we will get you the right dress," her father folded his hands together, daring to step closer to her.

Even for the drug lord Ramon Capello, facing Natalia was a hurricane of emotions and a roller coaster of sentiment. There was no such thing as this girl not getting her way, at least, not unless you wanted to visit hell. She would do whatever it took to get what she wanted, even if it meant screaming, throwing a fit, crying, or even, physical damage.

"This marriage is crucial. We will have your dress before tonight, at the party," He said, slowly grasping her shoulder. She wiped the tear from her cheek, and embraced her father, "You will look your best when you meet your fiancee."

< River >

"Blake, you cannot wear J's with a suit - and much less to your engagement party," Suzanne snapped at her brother, who rolled his eyes as he tied said shoes. "God. three years and you haven't changed at all..."

"No. I haven't. So why the hell are you still trying to make me?" River shot back at her, standing up in the blue Prada suit, and pulling the collar away from his neck with a finger. "and quit calling me Blake...I lost that name a long time ago, little sis," he snickered, heading out the front door and to the waiting car - still clad in his shoes of choice. Ignoring the short blonde's shouts of anger, he skid inside the Bentley and signaled to the driver to take off, deciding he'd rather avoid a thirty minute car ride with the angry woman.

Staring out the window with his turquoise eyes, River tapped his fingers against the glass as he pondered his situation. He'd never been much of a...solid....relationship type of person. Not exactly a womanizer, that was true, but he just didn't commit to anyone. Likewise, he didn't ever fully commit to anything in his life either, besides his family. And even that had been strained when he left.

River shook his head as if to push the thoughts out of his mind. It didn't matter. He was back now, and he was going to fulfill the god-damned promise he'd made for his now deceased parents...even if it annoyed him to death.

Natalia Remi Capello

Fourteen thousand dollars and seven dresses later, the Capello family, which consisted of Ramon Capello, Nicolas Capello, and Natalia, finally departed from their luxury home and made their way to the dining hall on the far west side of Nevada. A more than satisfied Natalia lounged in the backseat of her father's Bentley, her head relaxed on her brother, Nicolas's- or Nico's- shoulder. Her had his arm slung around her back, the sleeve of his tux jacket pulled up to his elbow.

"This is really happening, huh, old man?" He called out to his father, who sat in the passenger seat, peering out of the window, and obviously deep in thought. He flinched, and turned his head, still looking out the window.

"Yes, it really is," he mumbled to himself, more than to his son. Natalia looked up at Nico, her eyebrows brought together in confusion and a bit of disappointment. Nicolas simply shook his head, and brought her closer.

About an hour passed before the three had arrived at the dining hall. There were a few other cars parked outside, most of which would be caterers. Nicolas stepped out of the vehicle first, giving a good glance around the place before opening the car door wider, and offering his hand to his sister, who took the invitation and stepped out of the car equally as gracefully. Her insides trembled, though she would never admit it. An arranged marriage wasn't something Natalia would ever consider if it wasn't for her father. But, if it wasn't for her father, she probably wouldn't have all the luxuries in the world.

A car pulled into the dining hall parking lot, and the entire family watched as it glided into a parking space. Nicolas and Natalia looked at each other, and he held her close to him, while their father took a deep breath before leaving the car, shutting the door, and approaching the opposite vehicle.

< River >

River coughed, clearing his throat before stepping out of the car. He was nervous, though he didn't care to admit it, and he approached the elder Capello, beats headphones still around his neck.

"Ramon Capello...long time no see, old man," he laughed, saying the name with a horrible Italian accent before his born and bred Brooklyn one, holding out a hand. He never preformed well under such formality, like the street kid he originally was. His uncle was the proper one in the family, and River expected the man was already inside - always early, that one.

His eyes wandered left, to the girl. His...fiance. He gave her a smile, winking at her. Might as well play nice if he had to spend the rest of his miserable existence with her...

"Blake Matthews at your service..."

Natalia Remi Capello

"I am very thankful for this arrangment," he mumbled, and shook his hand briefly. He stepped aside to reveal an elegant, timid young lady on the arm of a younger, and darker man. "My son, Nicolas," Nico stepped forward, shaking soon to be brother-in-laws hand, and retreated swiftly to his sister's side. "And, of course, Natalia, your fiancee."

She stared up, chewing on the inside of her lip. Nudge. Natalia looked up at Nicolas, who returned a directing glance. She stepped- stumbled- forward and placed her hand in his. Her eyes drifted away, glancing at her father, then her brother, but not at him.

< River >

"Nice to meet you..." He smiled, leaning down to kiss her hand softly, before straightening again. "All of you. It's an honor," he said, blushing himself as he scrambled for the right words to say. "I...I hope i'll be able to give her everything she needs."

Before he could embarrass himself further, he was saved by the appearance of his uncle Robert, clad in a white suit and was accompanied by his sister. He knew the two men pretty much hated each other...the rivalry and all. But at least the guy was more civil than his nephew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back