Brooklyn

zeNehtN.jpg

Nicolae frowned at his brother's comment, despite the apology he was severely unimpressed. He would let it go, this time, Eramus had been through enough as of late; the embarrassment of a Murphy getting the best of him.  He, too, would frown at Jaelle as she spoke of the race and the horse, he idly wondered what she was getting at when his attention was drawn by the beginning of the race.

he3cd4r.jpg

Jaelle was pleased to see both her father and uncle's dissatisfied expressions from her comment; though she would give no outward change of expression, she'd nod as her uncle recounted what she had already suspected.  "Yes, Uncle.  This time and how many more?"  The race was underway and she'd watch with feigned interest, "And what happens if it ever loses?"  Now this had Jaelle's interest, if the Murphy's were rigging the race, which they were, winning would only bring in so much cash, but a losing horse?  Or better yet, a new ringer, with the lowest odds at the same time?  She wished she'd thought of it herself, she would glance at Thomas and regard him appreciatively.  He was still a Murphy, by far,  but his assumed plan was elegant and simple; if only he hadn't stolen their horse.

148632439957815-jpg.248911

Oliver grimaced at the sudden eruption of noise the race brought. He wasn't startled, but the atmosphere just tended to raise his adrenaline and in turn made him more prone to act impulsively. "I'm glad to hear that. We can enjoy the club tonight, if there's nothing to worry about." He grinned. The race probably wasn't very exciting for Thomas if he already knew the outcome. "I have to admit, I kind of enjoy seeing Erasmus looking a fool," he quietly joked.

alicia-vikander-2016-look-jpg-603360373a1b895dc542a00100a2d1aa-jpg.248912

Faith looked Clarissa in the eyes. "Nobody's perfect, especially not around here. We all have our demons, but some of us, like you, are better than the few poor actions you may have done in the past." As Faith went deeper into her own mind, all she saw was a bitter person desperate to be within a family if criminals - any family. She honestly believed she would betray her firstborn if it helped her own ambitions. She wasn't like that before Victor. She glanced passed Clarissa to see the punters distracted by the race. "Some of those men are especially savage. Yet, so distracted by small pleasures."

Last edited:
874b1cbf78d361dfce50048e4110e8c5.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Snuffing out the butt of his cigarette against the side door of the sleek black automobile, Andrew Pickens dismounted from the vehicle with all the swagger a king, tossing a singular copper coin to his driver before beginning the ascent up the short, stone stairwell that led to the New York City race tracks. He was late, fashionably so, and he had little doubt that the race itself would already be reaching its climax by the time he got to his seat, not that it bothered him much. Horse races, more than anything, were a break for Pickens, a respite from the hardships that came with a role such as his. He had developed a great passion for the animals during his time serving in Africa during the Second Boer War and even owned, or at least sponsored several of the horses that would be racing at this very moment. He found a small amount of joy in watching them run, one after the other clambering for victory; man couldn’t threaten a horse, man couldn’t hold a horse’s family to ransom, and man certainly couldn’t bribe a horse to run a bit faster. Perhaps that element of freedom and unpredictability was what appealed so much about the animals, perhaps it was his lack of control, whatever it was that made him enjoy the races, Pickens, unlike with his other interests in the city, allowed the industry's management to remain unmolested.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]His men would already be present before he made his appearance and he had sent Fredo to scout out for possible threats that may be waiting for him in the stands above As such he had no fear of being attacked, especially not in a place as busy as this. Walking past Captain Wells Andrew touched the brim of his hat at the sight of the policeman, a smile barely concealed upon his lips, they couldn’t touch him here, not in his kingdom, nor did they have the just cause to attempt it anyway. Whilst the gypos and bookies might like to get their hands dirty with criminal activities, Pickens left such matters to men far more qualified than himself, men far more disposable than himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Berto! I thought you were not going to show up. You’re late.” Pickens was greeted by the gruff tones of a thick Italian accent, Frederico Peterson, his brother and most trusted advisor.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I wouldn’t miss it for the world Fredo. Where are the boys?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“They’re up in VIP, with the other scum. It seems racing has grown ever more popular after the war, perhaps you should join them?” Pickens eyed the VIP box with a look of hard disdain, noting through the window a host of gypsies, bookies and other such people with whom he would rather not mingle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“No, no Fredo. What sort of king would I be to forsake the company of my dutiful subjects. I think I’d rather sit with common folk than have to listen to Nicolae Lee or his stout of a brother. Have the boys report anything they see, and don’t let Connie get too drunk in public. It’s be the third time this month that Luca has had to call in his contacts at NYPD!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fredo nodded with a smile and quickly left to fulfill his brother’s orders. Meanwhile Pickens himself found a seat in one of the less crowded areas of the stands, one with a good view of the VIP window if anything were to transpire, though for now his attention was focused on nothing but the races.[/SIZE]

bf8f3df0379682a1fd452eea6996b337.jpg

Captain Wells had chosen to remain in a single spot since arriving at the racetrack, letting the cops walk amongst the crowds and report back to him if anything came up. From his position near the main entrance, he'd been watching those entering the premises. He'd seen numerous members of the Murphys and Lees, as well as the Pickens lot. When Andrew Pickens himself appeared on the scene and acknowledged him, Arthur kept a stony expression on his face. These people made him sick and the fact the law often protected them infuriated him. "You were right, Captain. These people are ruining this city for the decent men and women," his colleague spoke up. Arthur simply nodded to his partner but kept his eyes on the people around them.

40128371d3b254293ebad478fc631796.jpg

Lucas had arrived at the track much sooner that Andrew. Unlike his cousin, Lucas went straight to the VIP area where he’d remained to one side of the room, observing those around. There was clearly friction between the Murphys and the Lees, but that was no surprise to him. As long as they didn’t get in his way or overstep their mark, they could all kill each other. As long as they remembered which family owned New York.

Lucas watched Oliver return with Clarissa and that whole pathetic reaction he had to a simple kiss on the cheek. Once Oliver was with Thomas by the window, Lucas decided now was the time to speak with the two brothers. He casually joined them, standing next to Oliver and positioning himself so he could see both Murphys at the same time. “Hello, gentlemen.” He gave a stern but welcoming nod to Thomas before smiling at Oliver. “When are you going to go for that haircut?” he taunted. “You’d have a much better chance at stealing your brother’s ex if you did.” He chuckled as he could see Oliver fighting back against any risky reactions.

“I’ve told you before – it keeps my neck warm,” Oliver replied, shrugging his shoulders. He wouldn’t even speak about Clarissa, though he did briefly send an uncomfortable look to Thomas. Despite Lucas being bigger, he would give anything to have a go at knocking him out, but Oliver knew the consequences of such actions.

“I’m just pulling your leg, kid. It’s great hair.” Lucas placed a firm hand on Oliver’s shoulder and allowed his expression to become more serious. “You and I have a problem. There was a bank robbery yesterday and I’ve been told that you fixed up the car that was used. Now, I have no problem with you operating in your grubby corner of the city, but that bank wasn’t yours to take from.”

“All I did was fix up a car. I didn’t ask what it was being used for,” Oliver said, doing a good job at keeping his nerve despite his stomach tying in knots. “You need to speak with the guys who robbed the place, not me.”

“I already did and they were happy to give me my money. After some persuasion, they also told me how much you were paid,” he said removing his hand from the Murphy’s shoulder so he could light his cigar. “I’m in a good mood and this doesn’t have to turn ugly, because I don’t have an issue with either of you. So, I’m only taking 80% of your cut, which I think is extremely generous. Someone will be in touch to collect and you will gladly hand the cash over. Don’t make this bigger than it is,” Lucas warned, before turning away and finding a better spot to watch the race from.

Last edited:

Rissa nodded her head in agreement to Faith's words. She knew there was a reason she liked Faith and it was this reason. She didn't judge her for her past the way she knew others would. That and her advice was sound advice. For some reason, today's events and thoughts made her not want to watch the races anymore. She gave a smile to Faith and liked around before she leaned in to whisper. "What do you say we blow this joint? Grab Beulah and Jaybird too. All of this gangster testosterone is killing my buzz." It wasn't until now that she had realized who exactly was in the room. Oh so many enemies and so many people that could get caught in the cross hairs if something bad were to happen. She felt kind of paranoid that there were so many men with guns for the moment, even if there were cops everywhere. She didn't feel this way in her club, perhaps because everyone respected her rules and the grounds of neutrality it stood for. Though after todays race and the things she heard, something could pop off but she'd be prepared. "Oh but I have to tell them the new code to get in. They are my most valuable customers." 

Alicia-Vikander-2016-look.jpg.603360373a1b895dc542a00100a2d1aa.jpg

Faith giggled like a naughty schoolgirl at Clarissa's suggestion. "I know what you mean," she said, as she'd also noticed some of the men throwing their weight around and trying to intimidate the next. A frown appeared on her face as she entertained the idea of sneaking out with the other girls. She couldn't afford to get caught. "You're a bad influence, Rissa," she noted. "I wish I could, but I don't finish this shift for a couple more hours and I don't want to lose this job." She sighed. "Besides, someone in here has to keep those moody gangsters topped up with coffee." She looked to her friends desperately. She was so jealous they could just go off and have fun, but her time would come too.

Last edited:

Clarissa was slightly disappointed that Faith wouldn't be able to come. She enjoyed her company just as much as the other girls but Faith she knew the longest. Of course she didn't want her to lose the job she had, especially after everything she had been through. Except, she was short a dancer and they made way more money than hostesses. "Unless you become one of my dancers. They have both a regular paycheck and tips and I'm sure you've got the body for it. You wouldn't have to work in this place anymore. Be safer too at a neutral ground." She said before taking a sip from her cup. Clarissa wanted to help Faith in any way she could, beliving that no one should be hurt the way she had been. Because she knew how it felt to have her heart ripped out, she wanted to be there for her in anyway possible. 

111204367-2bbb7ee8-ea1d-4954-bca9-31789e340cd7.jpg

Erasmus grunted at the girl's question. "They'd have to be idiots to do it three times. The horse'll win once more and then, it will lose", he said and grinned, "And then he will bring the wrath of Pickens down on his cowardly fuckin' head.

ed80c049c0fc414f6c5fdaac9afc6a34.jpg

Thomas nodded once at Oliver's words, knowing the real reason the man wanted to go to Lapé. "Humbled? Maybe, but never a fool. I'd be floating down the East alongside my medals if I made Nicolae's brother look like a fool", he said grimly, "Or worse, if I insulted Nicolae directly."

Thomas' features took an angered appearance as Lucas, Andrew Picken's cousin, spoke to his brother. His expression didn't change, but his stance changed from relaxed to deceptively calm, as he prepared for blows or harsh words to be thrown. He didn't like the familiarity the man held with Olly and he definitely didn't like his tone or his demands.

"You may want to calm down there Luke, before Andrew hears you've been overstepping your boundaries. You don't remind me of a man who takes bank robbers at their word. No honor among thieves and all that", he warned," Your cousin's a stand up guy, but I don't expect him to go to war because you wanted a quick buck. And you shouldn't either." Thomas was eager to end the discussion before it drew eyes or furthermore, guns. The last thing he needed was Pickens to catch onto him or his plan before he was ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
alicia-vikander-2016-look-jpg-603360373a1b895dc542a00100a2d1aa-jpg.249308

"Me? A dancer?" Faith asked Clarissa, clearly surprised by the suggestion. "I mean, if you think I'm capable of it, then I would love to do that." She wasn't entirely sure what exactly the role would entail, but if the paycheck would mean she didn't have to work two jobs she'd be a fool to refuse it. "Thank you, so much," she said, her bright smile reflecting her excitement.

148632439957815.jpg

Whilst Oliver appreciated his brother speaking up for him, he was relieved that Lucas chose to take in Thomas' words and walk away. rather than reacting or prolonging the exchange. "Thanks, Tommy," he said. He knew if he'd said what he'd really wanted to say to Lucas, then Pickens would know straight away and the Murphys would be screwed. He'd had a number of exchanges with Lucas in the past and also observed his behaviour with others, from which he had concluded the guy had become quite cocky from Pickens' success and for some reason enjoyed provoking people for a reaction. Oliver let out a frustrated groan. "He can have the money, this time. Though I suspect this was more about him throwing his weight around than the actual cash." He'd done the calculations already and he would still be in profit after giving Lucas his cut. Oliver knew there would be a day he wouldn't hold back if threatened by any of the Pickens, but today was Thomas' day and he would not spoil it. He pointed out to the track as the horses still raced. "I never asked Lucas which lame horse he'd bet on," he said, grinning.

Last edited:

"I won't lie to you," she said beino completely honest. "It's hard work and you'll have to keep your body. But if you're willing to try, the spot is all yours." It was risky, giving Faith a job when she had already gone through the routine for the weeks show. But Clarissa already had a plan for it. She would dance next week, since each week had a different show. For a moment, she thought about how busy of a person she was and congratulated herself for handling it all so well. Especially when she was hiding a secret debt she would finally pay at the end of the night. Her nerves settled thinking about that while she responded. "Now, there are some things we would have that sort out, but they are minor things and you can always back out when you feel uncomfortable." 

"Oh, Faith, a dancer?" Beulah beamed, not bothering to hide that she had been listening to their conversation, "You must do it, you'll be wonderful, and we'll see each other all the time then. Lapé is much better than this boring old place. Clarissa you truly have the best ideas." Beulah's excitement was contagious. "You'll be there tonight won't you? It'll be spectacular." She lowered her voice for the next part but the ecstatic tone stayed the same, "Don't mention it to anyone but Elle's coming too so it'll really be a party."

"I can work hard and maintain this body," she said, having not been a big eater since Victor once told her she was getting fat, despite her consistently tiny frame. "We'll sort everything out. This will be great and I won't let you down," she excitedly told Clarissa. Her friend was such a kind person and she couldn't wait to work for someone who respected her. "I never liked working here, anyway," she admitted. She looked to Beulah, her lips unable to form any shape other than a smile. The men around them may have money and power, but they all seemed to be lacking in happiness. "I most definitely will be there," she told her friend. When Beulah mentioned Elle would be there, she maintained her expression, but on the inside she did find Jaelle a little intimidating. Hopefully it would be different now she would be in the woman's presence as herself and not just Victor's girl. "I'm glad she will be there. It will be a great party."

Last edited:

OB-RE109_paula1_G_20111227143728.jpg

To her embarrassment, she had forgotten Beulah was still with them. She thought she left just as her sister did to speak with her father. To express her apologies, she would have to buy them all drinks that night. "I wouldn't like it either. The men in here can be pretty handsy. You don't have to worry about that over at Lape. They know of my connections and if needed, they will be dealt with." She said giving the girls a sinister smile. "Now, we won't get you in the dance line until next week but you can work behind the bar with me. I trust you not to pocket the money from the register." It would seem the horse she bet on didn't win and she was momentarily crushed. She was sure he would win, but it would be okay. At least he placed and she would still get prize money. She sighed and shook her head. "Now that my latest disappointment has failed me, I need to get ready for tonight. I will be seeing everyone there as a guarantee, right?" 

Faith quickly nodded when Clarissa noted that the men had trouble keeping their hands to themselves - she could easily point out a few such men in the room with them now. She was comforted to hear it would be different at Lape. "It would be an honour to work behind the bar. I would never steal from you, Rissa. I swear," she assured her. Faith gently rubbed her friend's arm as she expressed her disappointment at the outcome of the race. "Tonight will be more successful. I'll be there in good time," she confirmed.

Last edited:

"You're always so positive. I love that about you." She smiled and stood up fixing her coat and reaching in her pocket. "Now. I've got to go make sure things are in order for tonight and give these little things to them. Because I like seeing men squirm, I've decided to make a riddle for them to get in tonight, so keep it secret. Faire la paix." She whispered. Clarissa then made her way to one of waiter's she knew as an expert pickpocket, asking him to drop the card containing the riddle. Sure she could've just told them all what it was but why not have fun with them? It should be easy enough to figure out, especially if they knew French. 'Make peace.' the card read in big black fancy handwriting. She then left the VIP area, feeling all of the tension disappear. 

Jaelle watched the race as the horses bound around the track, listening to the announcers quick speech with false enthusiasm.  She and her family already knew what the outcome would be, but if anyone were paying attention, well it would seem as though she had no idea.  Her ticket a winner she would laugh rather mockingly and turn to her uncle, oh so carefully she'd slip the ticket into the front pocket of his shirt with a slight tap.  "There, dear Uncle."  She'd speak almost crooning.  "I'm sure that will help cover some of your more recent losses."  Within seconds her expression and demeanor would return to what it had been previously; cold and stoic.

She would turn towards her father and nod her head slightly before stepping away from both men and heading towards Beulah and Faith, if she was recalling the woman's name correctly.  She'd pause with them for just a moment, leaning in to speak softly to her sister.  "I have things to get done before tonight, but I will see you there.  If you're at the house first I'll have Kaven drive us."  She wasn't waiting for a reply, turning to head towards the two men that always accompanied her, Kaven holding her coat out so she could wrap herself within it, the other walking slightly ahead towards the doors, keeping a watchful eye on those around.

Nicolae had watched the race with no interest, but Jaelle's display annoyed him, he knew of her girls displeasure of Eramus, she'd never liked the man even from a young age, but to outright mock his brother.   He'd slowly shake his head as he watched his daughter go, "She will be dealt with," Nicolae reassured his brother, "She may be my second, but she still needs to respect her elders, her family."

ed80c049c0fc414f6c5fdaac9afc6a34.jpg

Thomas didn't respond to his brother's words, instead he stared after Lucas. He was an egotistical bastard to be sure, but he shared blood with Pickens, so he was an untouchable egotistical bastard. He didn't like that Oliver had to give up money to the man, who's credit in Brooklyn was limited to being related to Andrew Pickens.

Tommy smirked at the mention of horses. "Speaking of which, ours has won. And next week, half of Brooklyn will place their bets on him", he said, "The only race that matters to me is over, but you're welcome to stay. I have something to take care of. Don't forget what the Lee's did."

Thomas turned to walk away and felt something pointed graze against his abdomen. His arm shot out and held fast to that of a waiter. The man held onto a sleek note card with elegant lettering on it. "What is this for?",he asked, holding the man's arm so that it wasn't incredibly obvious to anyone further away.

111204367-2bbb7ee8-ea1d-4954-bca9-31789e340cd7.jpg

Erasmus directed his scowl to his neice, clenching a hand into a fist as she placed the ticket in his pocket. He relaxed only as his brother spoke, having as well as ordered him to stand down. He nodded at his words and puffed on the cigar, attempting to calm himself.

The waiter, too terrified to even speak, just pointed down the hall to Clarissa, who was currently bent down trying to fix her shoe. The damned strappy part just would not stay put. "Ugh. Good thing it's snowing otherwise these stupid freaking shoes would be coming off." She said to herself. Mental note, no more shoes with the stupid straps on them. Meanwhile, the waiter was still trembling and put his hands up. "Look buddy, she just told me to discreetly  put them in the VIP's pockets. They're for the club I thing. You know how she likes to play little games and riddles." It was true. And if anyone else had caught the poor soul, he would dead. Putting something in pockets or taking them, Clarissa forgot that no man like another man's hand in his pockets. Oops.

148632439957815-jpg.249554

Oliver returned his brother’s smirk as the horse won. "Well played, Tommy." He didn’t exactly like his brother’s plan, but he was still going to support it and wish for Thomas’ success. The Lees could go to Hell, for all he cared. “I’ll catch you later,” he said, giving his brother a friendly pat on the shoulder before the older man walked away. He looked back to the track, but had little interest in watching more of the races. He saw the distant figure of Andrew Pickens, watching from the regular stalls, then he looked to his side to see an irritated expression on Lucas’ face. Obviously the man’s horse hadn’t won him anything and that made Oliver much happier. Speaking of being cheered up, he turned to see where Clarissa had got to but was disheartened to see she was on her way out too.

Oliver wasn’t going to stick around with the likes of Nicolae and Lucas in the same area. He approached his aunt and sat close to her, placing a warm arm around her shoulder. “I’m heading out of here now,” he told her, his eyes contradicting his wide smile. “Do you need a ride home?” he offered.

40128371d3b254293ebad478fc631796-jpg.249221

Lucas watched the horses finish, with the one he’d backed trailing behind. His irritation grew as his horse managed to finish in last place. Although he reminded himself to remain calm so as the others in the room wouldn’t realise he’d lost a bet, his face betrayed him. It wasn’t even about the money, it was about his pride. He hated losing at anything. Stepping away from the window, he marched over to find a waiter so he could get another drink.

Last edited:

tumblr_mq37fbxuLJ1qhub34o1_500.gif

Esme was doing what she always did. Sat back and observed everyone and everything. People watching, as creepy as it sounded, was a hobby. One that gave her information better than just going around asking people about it. For example, she noticed how the Lee family acted towards each other, more like enemies than family. Then the Pickens family walks in, trying to intimidate little Oliver, no doubt. Good thing Thomas stepped in when he did, otherwise people would see Auntie Murphy's bad side. Her hobby and thoughts were cut short when Oliver offered to give her a ride home. "Sure love. Since my other nephew is just SO occupied doing whatever it is he's doing to even think of me. It's why you're my favorite."

zeNehtN.jpg

Nicolae would watch his daughter leaving, eyes traveling in search of the waitress, or waiter.  They would fall upon Faith, standing idly speaking the the stranger that lived in his home.  A sneer would cross her features.  " Credeţi că acest lucru?"  He'd nod towards the flighty woman. "Rusine"  Without warning he'd let out a high pitched whistle between his front teeth, waving for the girl to come to him.

he3cd4r.jpg

Upon exiting the race track Jaelle and Kaven would stand on the front stairs and wait quietly for the car to be brought around, she could tell Kaven wanted to ask her what had happened between her and her family, but he knew well enough it was not his place.  Too long he had been at her side; she trusted him wholly which would no doubt one day be her undoing but everyone needed someone to trust.  They would not wait long, Jaelle could only assume the other man had run to where the car had been parked.  Him and the driver arrived and she'd climb within, Kaven following suit; when Nicolae was not traveling with them he was always welcome within the cab.  She had family items to attend to the rest of the day, she may be among those respected within her family but she still had a house and it's affairs to tend to.

Oliver laughed at Esme's comment about him being her favourite. "Come on, now. I'm sure he's thinking about you. He's just got a lot on his mind, since... well, since a long time ago," he explained. When Oliver was a kid, Thomas had always looked out for him in a time when it was difficult for a boy growing up in the city. His older brother had his back quite a few times. "Besides, I think you really like my youngest brother the most," he joked. He then got up and fetched his aunt's coat and helped her into it like the gentleman he was. He'd send a wave to his friends, signalling for them to stick around without him, before walking with Esme to his own car.

As she spoke with Beulah, Faith noticed Lucas looking for service and she quickly turned her back to him, leading him to calling over the nearby waiter. However, this only meant she was now looking at Nicolae when he whistled and waved her over. "Oh dear..." she muttered. She knew she'd have to face him and his brother at some point, but she was hoping it would take much longer. "I should see what he needs," she excused herself from her friend. Faith walked tall towards Nicolae, with her trained service smile plastered on her face. "Sir, can I help you?" she asked. She might have met him before, but knew she should act professionally, even if she was ditching this job at the end of the shift.

Last edited:

tumblr_mq37fbxuLJ1qhub34o1_500.gif

Esme scoffed at Oliver's commented about ling the younger brother more. Ever since the little one broke her china set years ago, she'd been annoyed with him. "Your younger brother is a destructive little tart." She replied to him as she was helped into her coat. Looking around, she made sure all of her things were with her before she departed down the hall, past a bent over Clarissa fighting with her shoe. Poor child. Yet, she still walked away until she was outside by Oliver's vehicle. "My oh my. Is this a new one?"

"You'll never forgive him for that," Oliver remarked, thinking of his younger brother's clumsiness. As they passed Clarissa, he couldn't help but look at her as she fought with her shoe; he was only human and she was the object of his affection. He averted his eyes before anyone could notice. As they reached his car, he opened the passenger door for his aunt whilst casually checking the vehicle over. Perhaps he was paranoid, but he had his own enemies on top of his family's. "Do you like it?" he asked, as he climbed into the driver's seat. "The cops hate it, because it's all registered and perfectly legal," he added, although it went without saying that the money used to buy the car wasn't exactly legitimate.​

Last edited:

Peaky-Blinders-4.jpg

Thomas released the man's arm, his clenched fist loosening. "It might be good for you to keep your hands out of the pockets of the men here", he replied, "Haven't you heard? We're all fuckin' gangsters." Having said that, Thomas strode away pulling on his jacket and grabbing his overcoat and cap. It was beyond cold and he was not willing to be taken out by some kind of sickness. Not as invested as he was now.

He passed Clarissa and Oliver and Esme outside separately, pausing only to tip his cap to Rissa and to nod to his kin. He soon arrived at his car, a black Mercedes Benz. They weren't yet rich enough for a fleet of Bugattis, but Tom managed to get the sleek automobile for a fair price and a favor. He got behind the wheel and started the engine, pulling away from it's spot outside of the track. Tommy drove in dead silence for the train station, where his older brother, the only Shelby who outranked him in the family business, would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back