• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Bro I'm tired [Updated 4/15/24]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey all, I know I just made a thread but it wasn't quite right, so I'm doing this anew. Added a couple plot bunnies, and a more general "looking for" vibes thing. If we vibe, please let me know!

Look at the rules, there is a code in there.

1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.

2. Please be able to play all genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.

3. I always double regardless of pairings involved, so you are also expected to double.

4. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. I'm open to all pairing types, and have enjoyed all, so come at me with what you want!

5. I only RP on threads, (or GDocs in rare cases; you’ll have to convince me because I hate cluttering it up), so no PM, kik, discord, e-mail, or other rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me something interesting you’ve read/watched recently!

6. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.

7. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.

Guidelines:

1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.

2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".

3. Do not bump our thread, or do anything OOC in the IC thread. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.

4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.

5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I do want romance in 9 out of 10 cases, though. I may make rare exceptions.

Fandoms I'm Looking For (with canon):

+ Baldur's Gate: Seeking Gortash or Shadowheart.

+ Avatar the Last Airbender: seeking Azula, Sokka.

+ Devil May Cry (1-3): seeking Vergil.

+ Final Fantasy 12: Seeking Vayne.

+ Game of Thrones: seeking Euron Greyjoy (more book than show version), Margaery Tyrell, Jaime Lannister, Tywin Lannister, or Daenerys Targaryen.

+ Star Wars: Seeking Poe Dameron.

+ Fallout New Vegas: OC Legionnaire, Benny?

Fandoms Without Canons (using the world):

+ Vampire Hunter D

+ Final Fantasy 8 (I do have a sequel idea involving Hyne)

+ Final Fantasy in general.

+ Black Butler – loosely.

+ Demon Souls

+ Fallout: New Vegas is my favorite setting, but I know 3 & 4, and I'm up to make our own setting.

Themes I'd Love To Play With:

+ Historical Betrayal, starting the narrative in the middle of a story.

+ Betrayal in general, I really would enjoy building up a friendship only for it to come to a head and pit two friends against each other. Friends to enemies is my jam.

+ Enemies to Lovers. Not with the Friends to Enemies to Lovers line.

+ Ruined worlds, with mysteries surrounding the destruction.

+ Episodic monster of the week things, like Hell Girl or Petshop of Horrors.

+ Host Clubs. Not the anime. I didn't even know where I'm going with this, but I want something with this.

+ Fairytale, Kingdom Hearts, dimensional travel. I don't want to do Kingdom Hearts but I'd love to create something in that vein.

+ Fromsoft stuff. Obvious, but throwing it down here. With that I include Berserk, Claymore, and even the Dark Tower as inspiration points in that vein.

+ Magical Girls/People would also be cool. Madoka vibes, or Wonder Egg Priority, though I'd rather play with adult characters over kids.

+ Demonic contracts.

+ Castlevania (Netflix), Supernatural vibes. Falls into that monster of the week a bit, but with an overarching plot of something very sinister in the background. I love HunterxHunted pairings here, and Old People With Grudges/Rivalries. You can't tell me there aren't vampires holding onto thousand year grudges.

+ Reincarnations, but they hate each other and keep ruining each other's lives.

Ruined Kingdom
Demon Souls Inspo, Fromsoft/Berserk in general

I just finished Demon Souls, sooo…see below for a plot bunny. I’m not married to it, and I’d love to do something with the Vibes of Fromsoft, Berserk, or Claymore, so if you like the vibe but aren’t feeling this, pitch me something.

Once upon a time, there was a land of glorious bounty. People wanted for nothing! It wasn’t always this way, but their leader found a way to harvest great power, and then used it to enrich their kingdom.

Unfortunately for all, that power had a price. A Mist spread over the land, covering it, and cutting it off from other nations. At first it seemed a strange oddity.

Some people found that through manipulation of the Mist, they could channel magical powers unheard of and took the practice of it immediately.

Others found sustenance in the Mist and took to eating it when the lands began to decay, finding strength in their body through it, if not freedom from the hunger pains.

And still others found faith in spots absent of Mist, where the sun still shone, and found themselves invigorated.

The Mist was not truly Mist, though its nature was hidden. Rumor spread of people dying, but the body persisting, the mind lost. Rumor, became fact. None could die normally. Death meant a husk was left to roam. The Kingdom tried to institute burning as policy for the dead, but it didn’t stick. People resisted – long years of believing a body needed to remain intact to allow the soul to go to the afterlife caused outrage.

Not to mention, the Mist always seemed to thin or vanish in areas where bodies were burned. There went sustenance and power.

The Mist, of course, was souls.

The leader promised a great power their entire kingdom of souls, upon their own death – and so the Mist has been building each day, with each death. Not only humans, but animals and plants, too. All that was blessed with life sustaining life, has passed its soul into the Mist. None born of the kingdom, can leave it. Even visitors have started being unable to pass back through.

This has gone on for quite a while, but finally – word broke through about the state of things – the shambling corpses, the decayed land, the strange powers. And the Mist is spreading, as the leader seems intent to annex more lands into their nation.

Some, enticed by power, are entering to learn.

Others, fueled by a divine mission, are going to put an end to it.

And still others just end up haplessly sent in to protect their home, before a war is lost and the Mist takes their lands over.

And of course – there are those who have grown up in this Mist, and seek a change.

Noblesse Oblige
Vampire Hunter D, The Dark Tower

Listen, I like the world of D and the Dark Tower, so I always want to do something here. It's basically apocalyptic Western with technology so advanced no one understands it anymore. I'm always up for working from these vibes if the plot doesn't entice.

There are few safe havens on the Frontier, but one is known: Elysium. Run by a Noble, it has now become silent to the outside world. Anyone who enters, never leaves.

Worried family of those who went that way have banded together to raise a fee to hire hunters to find their missing loved ones. Aware it could have deadly consequences, they make sure to send only a few – but well renowned hunters.

What awaits in Elysium appears a paradise. The loved ones don't seem to remember where they came from, and the hunters are always encouraged to drink the waters from the fountain….

Pursuit
Dark Tower, Berserk, betrayal, friends to enemies.

Basically, starting after the betrayal has occurred, playing out both sides at once – the betrayed and the betrayer. Also open to starting at the beginning, but the middle can make things more interesting, peppering in flashbacks. Loose idea below, as usual not married to it.

Two people reach the End of the World after years of seeking adventure and truth. They went with others, but only two walked away: the traitor and the betrayed.

The traitor, upon sipping the sap of the tree of life, decided all life must end, and started with their friends. The sap gave them power, but the betrayed would also say it drove them mad.

The betrayed seeks revenge. If they save the world in the process, so be it.

The Traitor has set about their goal by acting as a savior, spreading rot wherever they go but setting up safe havens. They'll cast blame wherever convenient. They're charming, beloved, holy, everyone's friend with not a single friend. Theirs is a story of agonizing loss and trying to do what they now believe is right.

The betrayed is a story of broken trust, harsh travels, and learning to trust again. It's finding a reason to go on, after losing everything, after putting an end to the traitor.

The story will also tell about those who enter into the lives of both. And if they ever learn what happened.

The confrontation will inevitably be brutal.

Successor
Elden Ring Miquella vibes, Eldritch Beings

I'm waiting for the DLC like everyone else and fantasizing. This is the result of that.

Once upon a time, a Saint ventured out, never to be heard from again. This was ages ago. The Saint has become known by many names and epitaphs since then.

Now, some are receiving a calling in their dreams to follow after.

This journey will bring them into conflict with many Outer Gods vying for dominion over the world, and bring up the question: Who did the Saint serve? What was their goal?

The Outer Gods have also tried to find champions to instate their rule, and some of them may find themselves called as well – through the guise of the Saint.

This will be an adventure story that traces a path through possibly other realms or planes. We'll sprinkle in clues about the Saint and their goals but ultimately we'll decide how benign or malign those were, leading to the conclusion of finding the Saint, or finding what they were seeking.

Pantheon
Hercules and Xena, Greek mythology, drama and comedy, shenanigans, BG3

Although the premise I have below for an overarching story is serious, this is a story I'd like to be a bit more fun, and I'm very open to other plots. Think of the main plot at the main plot to BG3 or Skyrim. It's there, and you'll get to it. Other side quests keep coming up – which may or may not tie into the main quest.

Hestia is dead.

No one is sure how, no one is sure why. Not even Hestia, who ended up in the Underworld. Hades tried to send her back, but to no avail. She drank the lethe waters before seeing him, and recalls nothing.

There's a bit of a panic on Olympus.

Zeus wants to know how she died so it can be destroyed. Hades wants to safeguard it to use as punishment against gods who break their oaths. Ares, well, Ares has his reasons for wanting it.

Every deity does, actually.

But as always, the deities don’t seem able to solve their own problems, and so it boils down to humanity – because without Hestia, there are problems. Fire isn’t exactly leaving – that was a gift of Prometheus – but food takes longer to cook. Houses are falling over. The comforts of homes are starting to decay. It’s slow, and seems to impact a few people at a time, but it’s growing.

I have a few ideas about what’s killing the gods (Adamant, Ophiotaurus, etc.), and some ideas about where it could have started (the usuals, Ouranos and Cronos), but I’m very open for discussion, especially since I don’t want the Main Plot to really be the Main Story. More like the road that takes us through other interesting things.

Red String of Hatred
Reincarnation, Fate

Inspired by the trope of people bound together throughout time, only this time, they hate each other. In every life, they've done harm to each other, and they're inescapably bound. Others may follow them, or perhaps they make new friends each time, but it's always Them. Sadly, they're both destined to be a part of saving the World...if they can just get over their hatred of each other. This could be in our world, or in a fantasy world, but either way, I'd love to play out various timelines where these characters interacted, building to the "main" timeline.

We were rival senators. I killed you, you burned for revenge.

I was a crusader, you were infidel -- but you captured me and executed me.

An inquisitor and an innocent, but reason for guilt was found.

Soldiers on different sides of a war.

Slave and master.

Siblings -- heirs -- but there can only be one, right?

We've even started as friends, student and teacher, but a rival is always a threat.

We've always found reason to hate each other, and we always find each other. Sometimes, we both remember. Sometimes, only one of us remembers our sordid history. Not always at the beginning of the life, but eventually, something clicks, and we try to ruin the other before it can happen to us.

Fate has kept us coming back, again and again, for a reason. It's a shame that reason means we're going to have to work together...I really wish it was you causing the Apocalypse instead. I wonder if saving the world is worth letting you live?

Save Point!
Isekai, Re:Zero, New world New problems

So I JUST started Re:Zero but that's okay! I'm not looking to do Re:Zero! I'm looking to take one main thing from Re:Zero and implement it: Save Point.

For those who haven't read it, the main character pulled into the magical world has the ability to Save. Obviously they don't know how to do this at first, and it's a bit like Groundhog Day as things repeat until they get the hang of it.

This has potential to be a bit repetitive in writing but with the right partner I can also see this being pretty cool. I also don't care if I play the one who can Save or if my partner does. I'd love to discuss a world this would fit in and devise a fun plot and story!

Setting wise, I do like the idea of fantasy, and either a kind of medieval fantasy or modern fantasy. Not feeling futuristic but if you've got an idea, shoot your shot!

Last edited:
Yeah Fallout's back on here, no I haven't seen the show yet, I'm on the fence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back