• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bring back the "Save Post" button!

Ariel

The Mermaid Slayer
Supporter
Ever since the update, there is the obvious... The save draft button is gone. That would be fine and dandy if the save function for posting actually worked properly. I have lost so much work recently because if by chance you click out of the post or your internet bugs out for a second, it doesn't save anything or it saves the wrong thing. For some threads it has only saved something I've already posted and nothing else. And it doesn't go away. Sometimes it saves nothing at all. This is the most frustrating thing especially for a detailed poster like myself. Can you guys please fix the save function or add a button please? 

It's supposed to be automatic now. If it's not working, I don't think a button would work either.

Do what Mechanist said. A button would be great, but doing what Mechanist said solves everything for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is also why we have the private workshop!

This way you can make posts in RPN format in a private area where you can edit it.

That doesn't take care of the problem, just allows me to move the location where I will lose work. If it doesn't save in the actual RP thread, it's not going to in the workshop since they're both a post type thing. My problem is that I get to writing up a post, and I'm detailed so it involves a few paragraphs. Even a paragraph lost is frustrating because you can never truly replicate what you originally wrote. If you're suggesting I put it in the workshop and edit/save by every single sentence, then frankly it's even more tedious than actually rewriting it sometimes.

That doesn't take care of the problem, just allows me to move the location where I will lose work. If it doesn't save in the actual RP thread, it's not going to in the workshop since they're both a post type thing. My problem is that I get to writing up a post, and I'm detailed so it involves a few paragraphs. Even a paragraph lost is frustrating because you can never truly replicate what you originally wrote. If you're suggesting I put it in the workshop and edit/save by every single sentence, then frankly it's even more tedious than actually rewriting it sometimes.

I've literally given up on writing my posts on forums like these pretty much for these reasons.  I just write it in a word doc so it'll be saved if something goes wrong.  At least word is reliable  :-_-withlines:

This is also why we have the private workshop!

This way you can make posts in RPN format in a private area where you can edit it.

Are the staff trying to fix this, out of curiosity? Or are they busy with other things?

Are the staff trying to fix this, out of curiosity? Or are they busy with other things?

From what I saw in another question, this isn't a priority at the moment. Might have changed, but I saw was that the staff were saying to just type somewhere else if need be. 

Yes, we are trying to fix it! It won't happen overnight however. Even if we prioritized it. ;)

Sorry; Looking back I should have said that from the get go.

Apologies if I came off as rude.

Yes, we are trying to fix it! It won't happen overnight however. Even if we prioritized it. ;)

Sorry; Looking back I should have said that from the get go.

Apologies if I came off as rude.

No rush. I'm thankful for what we have and can use alternatives until the fix, whenever it comes. Was just trying to answer based off of what Staff told me. But really, no rush. 

The new emoticons were created and implemented by staff who don't have the knowledge/ability to work on the draft system. So no resources were "wasted" in that manner.

We know how frustrating it is to lose hours of one's work, and we are trying to fix it, but you really ought to use another place to write if you intend to put a lot of time into a single post. Personally, when I wrote what I knew was going to be a long piece, with lots of revising, I wrote the quick draft in my workshop and then edited from there. Others use Google docs or an offline Word program. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back