• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Break The Chains

Atom

Suffers from Selective Memory
Break the Chains

Greetings

Hello hello! First off thank’s for taking a look here! Second off if you’re looking for something simple to casual that won’t require detail and extensive plot work then leave now! :D

If you don’t mind any of those elements or you’re willing to give something a bit higher on the standards a try then continue below!

Quick Premise

Hey look! You kept reading, great! Okay before I get into the details I want to pre-warn you that I will be expecting dedication from anyone who joins. I don’t expect to finish this RP until near the end of July actually as I’m putting that much work into it. It’s going to be my biggest solo project ever, so far.

Anyways to start off, “Break The Chains” is inspired a bit by Red Rising, a book series by Pierce Brown and Tim Gerard Reynolds, and Red Faction: Guerrilla. Mainly the setting and the over-all theme, I have a great love of a rebellion type literature and have always enjoyed the idea of a colonized Mars. These two really got to me haha. Anyways onto a bit of the idea here. Fair warning, I’m just starting on this and details listed below are possibly going to be changed. I’m currently just trying to get a general feel for interest before I truly put time into this.

Break The Chains will take place in the year 2657 on a semi-terraformed Mars. Mars was colonized in the year 2600 by Earth’s global government, the United Space Initiative. The USI rose to power fully in the year 2576 following the aftermath of a global energy crisis(I will be expanding upon this obviously, all of these details are highly important, at least I want them to be....). Following the rise of the USI life on Earth flourished, technology advanced, and it was quite similar to the literacy idea of a utopia. But as all sensible people know, A true utopia cannot be achieved without someone getting the brunt of the shaft.

Mars, colonized in the year 2597, a crucial asset for the USI. On it’s surface toil the uncared for, the forgotten, the people who’s lives mean nothing to those on Earth. The people of Mars toil their days away in mines or factories in the red sands, working under the strict eye of the USI’s military protection division, Sector 11. Meanwhile those on Earth live in high spirits, partying and living the dream without a care in the world. But for years now those of Mars have toiled these red sands under the eye of the Sector 11, and as it is known to do, the wheel of fate turns, and history prepares to repeat itself. Rumors of rebellion and independence circle, terrorists acts on USI buildings have been hastily covered up. But the people know, word spreads, hope flares, the people of the Red Sands will no longer be content to toil for their oppressors. A call moves swiftly through the populace, a call for action, a call for arms, a call to Break The Chains...

Well there you have it, a very very basic and detail lacking kinda teaser. It kinda carries out it’s mission of giving you a very basic idea of what I’m planning here. A lot of it is subject to change and all but hey, if this alone has caught your interest then let me know below and I’ll keep you informed of the progress :D

Thanks for reading!

~Atom

Hey don't look at me like that after you go and change your name.

Besides I'm still tagging people.

Atom said:
Hey don't look at me like that after you go and change your name.
Besides I'm still tagging people.
Oh, right. Well hopefully enough people show interest.

Sorry going to have to pass, I'm already working on an RP too similar to this

Yeah, posted an interest thread up on june 21st, almost finished with the thread itself

I think I know Whatcha mean

I gotta go reread now cause I'm curious/worried how they're similar :(

Count me in! Got me so hyped I just broke a plate!

Count me in! Got me so hyped I just broke a plate!

fuk u want m8 u wna fite or somefin' huh

Yeah, whatever, you sell it to me good, maybe I'll join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back