• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Brandenburg Academy (realistic.mature. rp)

Rayen & Mason

Rayen hurried up the steps of the ballroom two at a time, excitement rushing through her as she thought about being reunited with her twin brother, Mason, whom of which she had not seen in 3 years. She forced open the large ballroom doors and stepped inside, her navy vans squeaking on the gleaming marble floor. She looked around hastily, searching for the familiar face that was identical to hers. Instead, she faced dozens of
unfamiliar faces. Her shyness began to sink in as she closed the doors carefully behind her, hugging her small bag to her stomach tightly as she made her way through the people. She was against a wall now, still looking around for her brother who hadn't seemed to have arrived yet. "Hello? Excuse me? You guys haven't seen anyone around here named Mason have you?" she asked two girls who were speaking to a boy in front of them.

{Addressed: @RedLikeRoses @thea cat }

{Mentioned:
@Tinker Bell }

Mason scanned the outside of the school, taking in each crack and crevice of it carefully, making sure to catch every tiny flaw. He knew his sister was inside, as he had already received numerous texts from her and had seen her as she slipped herself inside the large building. Truth be told, he wasn't too interested in going to the same school as his twin, and really wanted nothing to do with her. They had been close as kids, but that was over now, just like their parent's relationship. He deleted the messages from her and walked up to the ballroom steps, where he decided to take a seat while he waited on the texts to stop coming in or for the orientation to end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick walked into orientation with only a backpack and a grin. He hadn't needed to bring much - By the time he'd discovered his acceptance he was too excited to hear his mothers chatter about 'bare essentials'. He still remembered his twin's guarded expression, crossed arms and rolling eyes. She'd applied too but hadn't received a response.

He sauntered further into the room before his eyes were drawn to a small guitar carried by one of the other students. A huge, goofy grin spread over his face and he just couldn't help himself. He moved over to where she was standing with two other boys and made his introduction. "Ukul-hey-hey." He said in a voice only slightly too loud, brimming with pride at his pun.

"Howzit?" He asked, aiming the typically South African phrased question at the group, his accent contrasting with their own.

@Tinker Bell @thea cat @RedLikeRoses

Aster lifted her head up from her gaze on the ground as a girl approached the three. She asked about a person named Mason, which immediately caused her to shake her head no in reply. "Sorry, haven't seen him." The girl was about to return her attention to the two boys talking casually, when she heard someone introduce themselves in a unique manner. 'Uku-hey-hey?' Aster thought to herself, a small grin appearing over her face as the new boy approached. She turned to face him, saying, "Uh, hey?" She intended for her statement to come out casually, but it came out more tense, as if she was questioning herself. Aster was, indeed, rather awkward. His accent was interesting compared to the other four, which sparked her curiosity to where he was from, but she didn't quite ask him yet.

Tags: @thea cat @Tinker Bell @Lonelytaco @gaia250

Nick's face fell slightly when his pun wasn't acknowledged. He'd thought it was pretty smart. He gestured at the girls Ukulele, the same hand still holding a strap from his backpack. "Get it?" He grinned, the girls awkward response not registering. He ran his eyes over the group once again, taking in the faces he'd be growing accustomed to. "I'm Nick. Nicholas. But you can call me Captain." He said, giving the girl a playful wink. He was full of energy, and couldn't keep himself still.

@RedLikeRoses

"Oh, yeah, sorry, I get it. Very clever." She chuckled slightly, trying to hide an embarrassed blush that was forming in her cheeks. By that time, Aster seemed to avert her attention from her small group of colleagues, to the boy named Nick. "My name's Aster." Once again, her accent slipped through upon saying her own name, but this time she quickly hid it by adding, "Okay, Captain. But you should call me... Pirate." There was a short pause where the girl seemed to scold herself for saying something so stupid. "Actually, just call me by my name." She laughed awkwardly, looking at the energetic guy.

@gaia250

?Camilla Powell?

{Location-Ballroom} {Interacting With- @McMajestic @thea cat }

She chuckled at the Chances joke. She was very pleased with the little group they had established, everyone seemed very nice, and she supposed that if everyone here was like this, then she would have no trouble at all.

"Oh boy, well I'm Camilla, so I guess we all have C names then" She laughed "I'm sure that won't get confusing"

Hearing that Carter was also put into the lotus house, sent a wave of relife through Camilla. "Oh hey i'm in there too!" While disapointed that she would be in the most popular, and therefore most crowded dorm, She was happy that at least she would have someone to talk to there, and wouldn't be going in completely blind.

932854_allthat.jpg

Aleksander's accent was definitely different than any he'd heard before. So when he asked if he said his name right and repeated it, Jeonghan listened carefully. Then he nodded a bit. "That's right." He said. Then he mentioned only speaking English for a year. He nodded again when Aleksander guessed it being Korean. "It's okay, I get it." He'd had issues with people saying his name for his whole life. Then some girl showed up asking for some guy named Mason. Even though he hadn't been asked, he shook his head anyway. Someone else showed up, having more energy than Jeonghan could hope for right now, and Jeonghan didn't know how to react. He tried to think of something he could say to Aleksander, he didn't just want to stop talking and be rude. "So, um, why are...why are you here?" He knew there were a lot of things someone could be here for.

Tags: @thea cat

A L E K S A N D E R

L A I K O S

17 | poe/scorsese | i forgot lmao

Aleksander gave a polite head nod to acknowledge the new boy who had arrived in their circle. Aster seemed to have taken up conversation with him, she he averted his attention towards the other boy, Jeonghan. He had asked him a question, but Aleksander blanked for a second. He rethought about the question in his head. "Giatí eísai edó...?" he murmured, thinking out loud. "Oh, why are you here," he repeated again, nodding his head in success. "I'm a writer and a filmographer. I would like to consider myself the next Wes Anderson, or even the next Martin Scorsese. I
am in his talent group after all," he said with a grin. "And what brings you to Brandenburg?" Despite his attention being on Jeonghan, he was curious what the others had to say as well.

- - - Tags - - -

@RedLikeRoses @Tinker Bell @gaia250

C A R T E R

M .

H A Y A S H I

da Vinci/Bach | 17 | lotus

"Oh that's right, Carter, Camilia, and Chance," she said, nodding her head in approval. She was unsure whether or not she would actually be close with them both, having lunches together and such, but she wouldn't mind if that was the case. "Oh, sweet, I was hoping to not be a loner in that house. I wonder if it's popular with the older students or the newer ones," she said, thinking aloud. She actually hoped that older students would be in Lotus as they would have more experience and probably more stories about the school, but either way she didn't really care that much. She looked at Chance before saying, "What did you get placed in?"

- - - tags - - -

@McMajestic @SimpleReading​

Joel was nervous, visibly shaking as he headed up the stairs leading to the ballroom. He was dressed in his grey suit and red tie, his hair forced to stay still with a dramatic amount of hairspray. He was late, as per usual.

He headed into the ballroom, looking around anxiously. He didn't know anyone, all he knew was he was meant to be here. He wandered about awkwardly, holding his arms to try and stop his shaking. He wasn't good in these sorts of situations at all.

(Open to anyone to interact)

Nick's grin widened at the words 'pirate', amused by the adorable way she spoke. "Pirate is is," he said, directing another playful wink her way before being drawn into conversation by the chance to display his talent. Within seconds his voice had raised to the pitch of a woman's, becoming virtually indistinguishable from the opposite gender. He straightened up and circled the group, out hands clutched dramatically to his chest. His eyes gazed deeply into each of those making up his audience as he moved.

"Which any print of goodness wilt not take, Being capable of all ill! I pitied thee, Took pains to make thee speak, taught thee each hour One thing or Other: when thou didst not, savage, Know thine own meaning, but wouldst gabble like A thing most brutish, I endow'd thy purposes With words that made them known. But thy vile race, Though thou didst learn, had that in't which good natures Could not abide to be with; therefore wast thou,"

He moved back to his original position, clenching his fists and pausing for effect. "Deservedly confined into this rock, Who hadst deserved more than a prison."

When his monologue had ended he took a bow, usual grin returning to his face.

@RedLikeRoses @thea cat

A L E K S A N D E R

L A I K O S

"Amazing!" Aleksander said, faking an uptight Victorian woman act, putting his nose into the air and clapping daintily. He then began to laugh at his own joke, and starting clapping for real. "No, really, that was pretty good. But I'm not surprised, everyone at Brandenburg is the best," he said. His accent was still fairly thick, he had a few thoughtful 'ah's' when he spoke but it was clear enough. He looked towards Aster, waiting for the reply

- - - Tags - - -

@RedLikeRoses @Tinker Bell @gaia250

Jeonghan thought that Aleksander seemed really confident about his talent. Then again, he got into this school, so he should be, right? He had just been about to say why he was here when the other guy started to speak. He couldn't help but be shocked. No one from his town was that good and the people there were sure they'd be famous. If anything, Jeonghan had more belief that this guy he barely knew would be way more famous. He clapped just a bit when the guy was done. Then Aleksander looked to Aster. Jeonghan stayed quiet, figuring they'd either forget about him answering or come back to him. Not to mention he was curious about her talent too.

Tags: @RedLikeRoses @gaia250 @thea cat

Nick bathed in the 'applause' awarded to him by the group, grin ever present on his goofy face. He laughed at Alek's impression, respect easily earned for the boy. "Thank you, thank you very much." He said, a slight amount of Elvis creeping into the sentence.

He determined the boy to be Greek, judging by the accent Nick himself had mastered a few years ago. Nevertheless he paid close attention to his annunciation. Learning from the source beat the movies any day and there was always room for improvement. He, in turn, faced Aster after draping one arm around Jeonghan's shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, what can you do Pirate?" He asked her.

@RedLikeRoses @Tinker Bell @thea cat

Aster was still embarrassed that he actually called her Pirate, but she shook it off when everyone began to speak about their talents. First, Aleksander told them his talent, and then Nick displayed his. She was surprised by how well he acted, and joined in the applause when he finished his monologue. By then, all eyes were on her. Biting her lip, Aster looked down at her boots and said, "I sing.. And play." She shook the ukulele case in her hand. The girl worried that they would want her to sing or play something, especially since she had stagefright. So, in hopes they wouldn't try and make her sing, Aster pointed towards Jeonghan, asking, "What about you?"

@thea cat @gaia250 @Tinker Bell

Joel kept nervously wandering, looking around absentmindedly. He walked straight into some group, almost falling. He went a little red, shaking once more. Anyone at his old school would have hurt him for that. He looked like he could cry at how scared he was. He was a fairly skittish person when it came to social situations, after all. He looked at the group hesitantly.

"S-Sorry...?" He mumbled quietly, nervousness clear in his voice.

Mentions: @RedLikeRoses @thea cat @gaia250 @Tinker Bell

Nara Sakane

Poe | 16 | Allium

tumblr_n929og7Iz51shus71o1_500.jpg

Nara walked into the ballroom, feeling anxious at the sight of so many people. She realized that she was probably a bit late and it felt like it. Although the "many people" were only a few, it felt a lot like a large crowd to Nara and she didn't like it. She didn't feel like even trying to approach someone. She knew that soon enough, she would get so deep into the conversation she wouldn't be able to continue it. She would only be able to rely on small talk, which she hated. She sighed deeply, keeping to herself. She felt a bit empty at best and nervous at worst, again wondering what type of impression she'd leave.

However, as an enjoyable alternative to talking, Nara carried a very simple black backpack that held her several notebooks and pens inside. She loved writing. She walked, rather doubtfully, beyond the many other people who chatted and talked to what seemed like no end and sat at a table, setting her backpack beside her. She then opened the backpack and took a green composition notebook and a pen out of the backpack and began to continue a story in it, her eyes glued to the page. She was deep in thoughts and felt occasionally interrupted as she listened to other conversations, mostly by accident and other times, eavesdropping purposely.

@Anyone

Nick put his arm around Jeonghan and his face went red. He wasn't used to unexpected contact, but there wasn't much room for him to pull away. Aster then said she sings and turned the attention back to him. "I sing too." He told them quietly. Although he was suddenly worried that he wasn't as good as he thought he was. Seeing that everyone here already seemed better than him. Someone bumped into him and he looked over. The guy looked scared and Jeonghan couldn't figure out why. Well, after a moment he knew he would have been like that too. "It's okay." He said after a moment, managing to give a small kind smile.

@RedLikeRoses @thea cat @gaia250 @JoelHPIS

"Perfectly fine, man." Nick said to the new arrival, wrapping his free arm around the boy before turning his face to Jeong. "We were just exchanging talents. Shoot us a tune." He said to Jeong, grin wide as ever. He'd figured that Aster was a singer. Just a feeling, he supposed. He imagined the legendary drum-circles that could take place at this school.

@Tinker Bell @RedLikeRoses @JoelHPIS

Aster nodded in respect when Jeonghan said he was a singer too. She foresaw a potential duet in their future, if they could drag her onto stage. The girl jumped out of the way when the boy stumbled into them, relieved that she wasn't the only person tripping into others. When Nick told Jeonghan to play a tune, Aster was even more relieved that she didn't have to play or sing anything, and that the boy was the one put on the spot instead. A small, mildly smug smirk crossed the girl's lips.

@Tinker Bell @gaia250 @JoelHPIS

Joel nervously looked between them all, yelling a little in surprise as an arm was wrapped around his shoulders. He wasn't used to this, even with friends. He was shaking still, trying to calm himself down. He knew if he carried on like this, his anemia would start acting up. And that never ended well.

"I-I'm interrupting... I should go..."

@gaia250 @Tinker Bell @RedLikeRoses

Jeonghan felt his eyes go wide when Nick asked him to sing. He felt just a bit sick. He definitely didn't want to. "I, um..." Then the new person said he should go. He didn't look good. "Are you okay?" Jeonghan was clearly concerned. Although he also didn't want to sing and thought that if he put if off, they'd just forget. He knew he'd have to sing in front of people at some point, but he didn't want to right now. He wanted to be prepared.

@JoelHPIS @gaia250 @RedLikeRoses @thea cat

A L E K S A N D E R

L A I K O S

Aleksander was a little startled when the boy screamed when Nick put his arm around his shoulder. He was, undeniably, a little freaked out by the boy. He expected Brandenburg to be filled with more prestigious students, well mannered and a little more poised. Despite his judgemental mindset, he did not showcase this and masked his "freaked-out-ness" with a, "I know where the nurse is if you need to go to the infirmary."

- - - Tags - - -

@RedLikeRoses @Tinker Bell @gaia250 @JoelHPIS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back