• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bradensbrooke Dragon Academy IC

xAlter

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Posts should be at least 1 paragraph.

Twilight Nox Vereor, was standing among the rest of the Bradensbrooke Student Council. The Council was the best of the best. Most of the riders in the council were from noble, and notable families, all except Twilight. With the death of the Vereor family, and the Nox family almost wiped out, Twilight was considered a scion of hope for both. It is why he adopted both family names as his own. However, today would be different. New students were coming in, and from what he could hear, two potential light dragon riders.

Iry Revus
Iry sat casually on a ledge just outside the academy with her egg next to her. She wished it would hatch already, she recalls it has been about a month since she got it. She looked at it with semi sad eyes and sighed deeply, "Soon you'll hatch, right Shu?" She said to herself. She stretched her arms, "I came here to escape my troubles at home not bring with me! Enough being sad." She jumped off the ledge and grabbed her egg, "Though it would be nice to find a place to put you instead of carrying you everywhere." She looked around, "Where to now? I wonder..."

(Open for interaction)

Mordred Pendragon
Mordred hated being on the school council, the face of the vice president showed clear boredom and a willingness to leave as soon as he could. He had better things to be doing. Alas, he had responsibilities, one's Merlin always told him he had to live up to if he was every going to truly be a member of the Pendragon family. "How are we all? I'm sure we're all excited to start another year at this wonderful academy, I know I am! Let's all try to have fun" Mordred tried to hold back the sarcasm in his voice but not too much, he enjoyed getting a rise out of some of the others on the council, sticks up their backsides and noses up the teachers. yes, he'd worked hard for this position and was good at it but be damned if he wasn't going to at least get some fun out of it.

Twilight Nox Vereor

Twilight sighed into his hand as he watched the gathering students enter the courtyard. He could hardly care if some died, or if others lived. The Weak die, the Strong live. That is what the nation needed. Strong willed, tough, intelligent riders. If they died, so be it. Looking over to the vice president, Twilight only sighed in frustration. While he could understand where he was coming from, Mordred could at least try harder sometimes. "Mordred..." Twilight spoke softly, yet his voice carried the weight of a commander. "Enough of this. We're here to greet the new students, not antagonize the other council members. I made you my vice president for a reason." Looking down, Twilight could only stare at the girl sitting on the ledge, Iry Revus, if he remembered correctly. Looking to one of the other members he signaled for her to get the girl.

Dafyddwilliams14 Dafyddwilliams14 Kumii Kumii

Last edited:
Reign Steinlied
Reign walked through the school gates alone, with neither dragon nor egg nor person to accompany her on the first day of her fourth year. Regardless, she walked through the gates with a large smile, ignoring the fact that her apparent lack of draconic company attracted the gazes of several first years easily with her eyes busy devouring a recently published study on magic and the subtleties of spell casting. Perhaps it was to be expected with the speed at which she read, but she only made it a few steps into the courtyard before carelessly shoving the papers into one of her pockets with lost interest. Looking back to see if she had missed anything interesting while absorbed in the report, she caught a glimpse of long blonde hair and burning crimson irises. She almost went to try her luck, but found that she was beaten to the punch by another girl that looked slightly familiar and gave off student council vibes. Reign was forced to back off by the presence of that slightly familiar face, and was just left to hope that her look over of the blonde wasn't taken as something rude, or better yet, wasn't noticed at all.

Reign decided to walk off in a different direction, since some eager first years could be seen "discreetly" showing off their magic nearby and she didn't want to cause a misfire.

Kumii Kumii xAlter xAlter

(open to interaction)

Cora looked around at the bleak academy. It was dark grey stone, with ivy climbing the walls. She had no hopes for this place, none at all. She had been here for little more than an hour, and had already gotten several scoldings and several evil stares. She whipped her red hair around fiercely at the sound of footsteps. Luckily for her, it was just a worker, passing by. She sighed, looking at her large white egg. It would get her through this, she knew. It was one of two light dragons, and it had a certain promising aura to it. Cora breathed deeply, and started the large hike back to her room.

Mordred Pendragon
Mordred simply nodded and smiled at Twilight after his stern words. He had a healthy respect for the man, he had seen him in action after all. Though he did not know who may be stronger, in order to see whom that may be the entire academy would be demolished in the process. No, Mordred was content with the status quo of power. He noticed that Twilight was staring at someone standing a short way away from them, he had already sent one of the other members to bring the girl over. "Ahh that would be Iry Revus. Interesting, that one. Despite her heritage she has no magical ability, though she's rather fierce with a sword I might say, may even give my father a run for his money. Her dragon has yet to hatch but I have the feeling that when it does it will be a sight to behold. A rather beautiful specimen the both of them. I'm surprised you've taken an interest in her, although I don't blame you" Mordred made it a point to gather information on anyone who he perceived as a threat, it was a very short list but at least in this situation he was of use. He stood upright his hands leaning on his waist high wooden staff he kept around for dramatic effect, he had to look presentable as the VP. He surveyed the area, noting several people he 'recognised' and one or two of the new students, no one that really deserved his attention though.

xAlter xAlter Kumii Kumii

Iry Revus
Iry was suddenly, and surprisingly, caught off guard by the approach of a council member. Something about joining the other students at some kind of meeting place. She shrugged and bowed gracefully at the council member's request, but where exactly was the place they were to meet. The Council member didn't exactly point her in the right direction, now she just looked confused and decided to follow the other students, maybe they knew where they were to go. As she walked with the other students, she couldn't help but notice a vast majority of them using magic. Iry wished she was a magic user, instead she was born with no magical talent what so ever, she had a long way to go if she were to even stand a chance. Maybe once her dragon hatched she'll have a better chance.

Walking, Iry began to sing a little song she heard on the road. The words, to others, were unintelligible as she was mumbling them but the mumblings had a good form in the form of Iry's singing voice. She sang when she was lost, confused or just plain happy. Upon walking further, she noticed a light red haired girl, she looked familiar. Iry remembered, that was the girl who she saw just before the councilman approached her. She ran to caught up with the girl, "Hey! You were gonna come talk to me, yeah?" Her voice was silk and very easy to listen to.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Twilight simply sighed as he saw Iry rejoin the crowd. It was a school rule that all new students stay inside the school grounds at all times, unless permitted to leave. Simply turning around, he began to walk down towards the podium that was set up at the front of the courtyard. Tempest Moon, his dragon, his partner, his second half, screeched from atop the academy, her scream echoing across the yard. The Unholy dragon was one of wonder for many. Unlike normal dragons that had legs, Tempest simply was a serpent with wings. Another astonishing feature was that she seemed to be partially made of smoke. Walking up to the podium, he tapped it a few times to rally everyone's attention.

Kumii Kumii Dafyddwilliams14 Dafyddwilliams14 Hestialuna Hestialuna That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Reign Steinlied
For a second after Iry called out to her, Reign was startled. She wasn't expecting to be talked to before classes started. However, when Reign saw the crimson irises, all she could do was notice that the girl had a pretty voice. "Ah, yeah, I did. My name is Reign, it's my fourth year here. What about -" Reign's less smooth voice was cut off by the piercing noise of Tempest's screech that made her want to cover her ears. Settling for a wince instead, she looked to the girl beside her out of concern, and caught a glimpse of the blue egg she was holding. "Yours isn't gonna be that loud when it hatches, right? It's bad enough with that one screeching every time I screw something up. I don't want another one being in the same dorm." Out of respect for the chairman's wish for silence, Reign made her quip a whisper. Not that he would notice, with how far back in the crowd Reign and the blonde girl were.

Kumii Kumii xAlter xAlter

Iry Revus
Iry was startled by the screech and let out a quiet but rather cute 'yip'. She sighed and stayed quiet to hear what the chairman had say and hoping not to be rude to Reign. 'Does he have to have his dragon do that? Couldn't he have like... I don't know done something else?' she thought. Iry would listen to the chairman's speech, when he decided to give it, but also think about Reign's comment to her egg, 'If it hatches. It's been a month now.' she thought to herself, looking at her egg. It was at this moment she felt the egg jerk, "Woah... I just felt it move.." Was it ready to hatch? How do you even hatch a dragon egg? Is it like a normal egg? She's never dealt with a dragon egg before. She hoped it didn't hatch DURING the chairman's introduction speech, the last she needed was to be the center of attention because of a mistimed dragon hatching.
xAlter xAlter That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Nicholas Helsing
With just him and his dragon Levi, Nicholas was wandering around outside the academy for a little bit. With this being his second year attending Bradensbrooke Academy, the atmosphere felt slightly different for him than it did last year; this time around, he knew more about what to expect. He found a spot around the inside of the edge of the courtyard, and started reading a book near the back of the steadily increasing crowd of people. It wasn't long before he heard Tempest's earsplitting scream echo throughout the courtyard, which made him flinch. Jeez, that screech was loud... Nicholas looked down to see Levi's reaction. The dragon seemed more perked up and alert, but nothing much other than that. He then put his book away, and glanced over to the chairman, ready to listen to what he had to say.

(open for interaction)

~Larisa Saphet~
There was fear in Larisa, even if she knew there really shouldn't be. This was a lot for her to take in. The school, the dragons, the not-familiar environment... She was just frazzled in general. She felt like a fish out of water, if she were to use a metaphor to describe it. Blinking a few times to try to ignore her thoughts of uncomfort, she took in the massive school before her. This was where she would be spending a large chunk of her time, now... The thought sent a shiver down her spine, but she continued forward despite it.

She clutched the egg she had been given a few weeks ago in her arms, still confused as to when it would hatch or what to do with it at all. The egg itself was surprisingly light and small, and rather beautifully colored. She admired it, though not before making sure no one was around her. She didn't want to bump into anyone in her unfocused state. She did this for a few moments, walking, when suddenly a shrill noise sounded all around her.

It surrounded her, echoed in her, and tore through her all at the same time. She nearly fell over, and she felt that even after the sound had subsided, it remained echoing within her for a few more minutes. It was that haunting. Eventually recovering, she made her way to the courtyard, where most other students already were. She remained in the back, as she didn't want to shove her way past anyone.

She almost bumped into someone on her way around the crowd, a boy with white hair and a small dragon near him. "Ah, sorry!" she quickly apologized, nearly dropping the egg in her arms as well. She sighed in relief as it stabilized itself in her arms; maybe she should just stay here... Deciding that might be for the best, she placed the egg on the ground between her feet and waited for the assembly to begin. This was her first year, she didn't know what to expect...

Maybe she'd ask this guy? Decided, she faced him with a smile. "Hey there... Sorry about earlier, I think we got off on the wrong foot. My name's Larisa," she greeted, then realized he was reading a book. "Oh, I'm sorry, again... You're busy, got it," she murmured, feeling a little ashamed. She really should pay more attention.
SpookySableye SpookySableye

Nicholas Helsing
It seemed as if right after Nicholas put his book away, someone had nearly bumped into him. Surprised at first, he looked to see a black-haired girl apologizing to him, and nearly dropping her colorful egg in the process. Thankfully, she stabilized it in time, to which Nicholas let out a sigh of relief. "No, it's fine, don't worry about it!" He replied, smiling warmly in an attempt to ease the mood. "Anyways, my name is Nicholas, but you can just call me Nick, and over here is my dragon, Levi." Judging from what happened earlier, Larisa already seemed rather nervous from almost bumping into him and all, so the last thing he wanted to do was come off cold or angry and scare her off immediately. She seemed like a nice person, so he'd feel pretty bad if he did happen to scare her more. "Actually, I'm not really busy." Nick confessed quietly, "I was just putting my stuff away. I think the chairman is gonna speak now."

MoltenLightning MoltenLightning

Mawlock Alderbane
Mawlock walked calmly with some of those in the back who weren't as on time as the others, hearing the screech of Tempest. The screech intrigued him, as well as the magic that was being shown off. He simply watched everyone go about their business with their friends and those they were already familiar with. Mawlock picked up the pace after observing the setting so as not to miss anything the chairman might be saying soon. Careful not to drop his egg, or shake it, he kept his arms around it protectively. Eventually he caught up with the main crowd. No one seemed to recognize him so far which was nice. His dad warned him some people might give him a hard time for being his son. Some would expect a tall, blonde, strong manly man. When in actuality he was the opposite. Finally finding a spot of his own he sat down and observed his egg, looking at the beautiful white and purple designs. "Probably an air dragon, that would be so cool." He whispered to himself as he put his ear to it to listen for any signs of hatching. He had just gotten the thing some time ago but there was no harm in hoping.

(Open for interaction)

Cora walked inside the building, cursing her forgetfulness. She stumbled around the many stairs, getting more and more lost at each step. She eventually walked through a door that looked familiar, thinking it was her room. She walked into the room, relieved, but looked up and realized that she was not in her room, but in a room full of people, the council. She spoke "Sorry, I'll just go now....." She went to leave, but the door was locked. She glanced up, and looked around wildly, like an animal in bright light.

~Larisa Saphet~
Larisa was relieved that he wasn't seriously concerned about her almost running into him. The warm smile did ease her, and she smiled back. She nodded as he introduced himself, then glanced at the dragon. She had forgotten it was there, and stared at it for a little while. It was... Kinda cute... She thought dragons would be a bit scarier than this, but she wasn't complaining. Larisa looked at him as he mentioned not really being busy. "Oh, good... I wouldn't want to interrupt you or anything, haha... That would just be rude," she replied, before shifting her attention to the chairman who was hard to see from the back. She glanced at the egg between her legs, noticing it move a tiny bit. Huh. She hoped it didn't hatch at the assembly. She looked back over at Nicolas, glad he was friendly. "So... Are you a freshman here, too?" She inquired, uncertain of his status. She would love to get to know him more, he seemed like a nice guy. Besides, she really needed friends in a situation like this...
SpookySableye SpookySableye

Twilight simply stared at the crowd before coughing into his fist. "My name is Twilight Nox Vereor, student council president for this year. You are all here to become dragon riders. Every single one of you holds an unprecedented amount of potential and power untapped. During this school year, things will change. One, no longer will there be a ranking system like that of old. Groups will now be divided by dragon element. Two, any outside visit is prohibited unless approved by teachers and staff. Finally, not all of you will make it out alive. Going into this year, all students will be subject to real life combat drills and situations. The suspected success rate is 33%. That means two thirds of you will either die, or drop out. Enjoy your stay at Bradensbrooke." Twilight finished speaking and turned around. Tempest screeched again, louder than before. Looking at the girl, he just motioned for her to follow. "Come with me." he said walking up another flight of stairs.

Hestialuna Hestialuna

Reign Steinlied
"Hasn't it always been the case that some of us will die..." Reign muttered this, remembering a few faces and regrets. "Damn school. All that changed is the amount that will die." She felt extremely bitter, and didn't have Schnitt around to vocalize her displeasure to.

Brushing aside her own feelings, Reign looked to the girl with blonde hair. "Don't worry about what the chairman said. The only thing new is the group system, the survival rate is just an arbitrary number... Well, I guess I should say it again. My name's Reign, and this will be my fourth year. My partner, Schnitt, won't be coming to school regularly for a while due to injuries." With a kind smile, Reign held her hand out to the girl. "If you ever need anything, you can talk to me. I'm pretty easy to find, and, contrary to what others may say, I don't bite when told it's not okay." Reign threw out a slightly suggestive remark, but didn't really expect a reaction. At this point, it was more important to hold out a hand to the girl who was obviously a first year and give her an ally in this place.

Kumii Kumii

Cora looked at the boy, Twilight if she recalled his name correctly. She looked up confidently and strode forwards towards him. She followed him, being careful not to show her fear. She was worried, fearing what lay ahead. Cora knew what happened in this academy, you died or you didn't, only the strong ones made it through. She was strong, and stubborn as well, but as her father once said, "If you don't fight, there is no way you ever even had a chance of survival." She tried to focus on her fathers words, and though she didn't miss him, she wished he was there to guide her now in her time of fear.

Iry Revus
Iry reached out to shake Reign's hand but was taken back by the sudden jolt of her egg again. Out of fear, she placed it on the ground. The egg began to have water swirl around it, "What does this mean?" She sounded frightened but excited all at the same time. A crack went down the side of the egg and the water began to completely envelope the egg. After about a good 15 seconds of watching water violently swirl around the egg, the water flooded away and from it emerged a wee little water dragonling.

Shu looked up at who he though was his mother, Iry, who looked back and a bit later let out a little shriek of excitement as she picked up Shu, "Oh my god! You're so cute!" Shu chittered, his little wings made of water fluttering about. In the excitement, Iry forgot about Reign, "Oh! I'm sorry! Thanks." She placed Shu around her neck to let him peak out over her shoulder and bowed graciously towards Reign, "I will find you."

(
3bb9ee90cffc927b9ba16bf3fe2c2ace--fantasy-water-creatures-fantasy-animals.jpg
Almost forgot)
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Last edited:
Twilight Nox Vereor

Twilight continued to stalk up the stairs, until they came upon an office. Inside the office was a desk, some bookcases, and some couches. Pointing to the couch, he offered Cora a seat. "You must be wondering why I brought you here." he said calmly as he sat behind the desk. In the corner of the room, a puff of black smoke appeared and Tempest formed, smaller than what she was outside. "You have so much untapped raw potential, potential I've only seen once before. I'm extending you an offer to learn and train under me."

Hestialuna Hestialuna

Reign Steinlied
Reign lowered her hand, not really being bothered by the interruption. She was familiar with the feeling of excitement, though she was a bit shocked. "Yours hatched opening day, huh... It took Schnitt a full week of listening to classes in his shell before deciding that he was sick of hearing about geography." Reign thought a moment, staring at the dragon perched on the girl's shoulder for a moment before clapping her hands together when she realized what was missing from the scene. "Right! You have to tell it it's name! Even if you thought of one before, there's no telling if it heard it in that shell. Plus, it's like, a really special moment." Reign felt proud of herself for remembering the step she had done so long ago.

Kumii Kumii

Okay so there weren't ranks, they would be grouped, and he would have to see kids die pretty often. What a great speech. That guy must be a real joy at parties. Now where the heck was he supposed to go? Just hang out? He looked at his egg some more, keeping it in his arms like he were hugging it. "Darius would be a great name for you. A strong name." He rubbed the egg and enjoyed the smoothness of the shell. He felt movement inside of it, stopping suddenly, gasping, and staring with wide eyes and a big open mouth of expectation and excitement. After a moment he looked around to see if anyone else noticed. They were all too caught up in their own dealings with their own dragons and such. He did notice however some excitement a ways away from one student. Her water dragon seemed to have just hatched itself. Mawlock felt more movement, but the egg wasn't hatching. "Hmm, must be taking him a while."

Last edited:
Nicholas Helsing
"Actually, it's my second year here." He answered before returning his attention to the chairman. He then started listening a bit to his speech. He was actually surprised to hear that the old ranking system was no more, and that now groups would be divided by dragon element. More frighteningly though, would be how many people they expected to die or flunk out. While Nick was confident he'd make it out alive, he couldn't help but be a little worried; after all, 33% was a rather low percentage of people expected to actually succeed. The risk of dying was already mentioned last year, so that part wasn't new. It's just that this year, it seemed like things would get harder. "Ok, so it seems we have a new group system based on elements." Nick stated to Larisa, "Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the survival rate he was talking about." It was probably more unsettling for the first years to think about, and he didn't exactly want to talk about it that much. Well, let's just hope I don't become one of the unlucky ones.

MoltenLightning MoltenLightning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back