Literature Book recommendations

Michael Crichton makes amazing sci-fi books. I loved Jurassic Park and The Lost World... (A little bit hypocritical on my part there, as I never got around to finishing the latter even though I've started it about a year or more ago)

I suggest War of the Worlds by HG Wells, its one of the first alien concept books ever made, and a flipping fantastic book.

Currently? The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness by Baroness Orczy. If you like historical fiction with a female protagonist and a hero with a secret identity, this may be for you~

I remember really enjoying the Bartimaeus...Bartimaus...Bartimus...
I can't spell it, but that trilogy when I was younger. It's like Harry Potter if he summoned demons and was kind of a dick.
(I have no idea how this series hasn't been made into a movie yet).

Yooooooooo House of the Scorpion is my absolute fave, I was actually going to recommend it. Matt is my baby *.* . And, of course, The Lord of Opium, which is the sequel.
And that's Bartimaeus you're looking for. The Bartimaeus Sequence series, which is apparently very cool as well.
Then, The Young Elites. Teens with powers in a fantasy world vaguely based off of old-time Italy. It's beautiful and sad. The protagonist is dark and twisted. The relationships will make you ache.
Then, read the Graceling Trilogy. Graceling, Fire, Bitterblue. Kristin Cashore's writing is fantastic, and her world is captivating. Also beautiful and also sad, and the characters are so real.
kokobuns kokobuns , Battle Royale seconded.
Also, read the Lunar Chronicles. Book 1, Cinder. It's fairytales meets futuristic world meets dystopia meets mind-controlling aliens. There's a lost princess, a voyage to the moon, cyborgs, and great characters. I love these characters, as well.

I'll be adding to this list.

Anne of green gables and other books in the same series by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Anne was my childhood hero.

Yooooooooo House of the Scorpion is my absolute fave, I was actually going to recommend it. Matt is my baby *.* . And, of course, The Lord of Opium, which is the sequel.
And that's Bartimaeus you're looking for. The Bartimaeus Sequence series, which is apparently very cool as well.
Then, The Young Elites. Teens with powers in a fantasy world vaguely based off of old-time Italy. It's beautiful and sad. The protagonist is dark and twisted. The relationships will make you ache.
Then, read the Graceling Trilogy. Graceling, Fire, Bitterblue. Kristin Cashore's writing is fantastic, and her world is captivating. Also beautiful and also sad, and the characters are so real.
kokobuns kokobuns , Battle Royale seconded.
Also, read the Lunar Chronicles. Book 1, Cinder. It's fairytales meets futuristic world meets dystopia meets mind-controlling aliens. There's a lost princess, a voyage to the moon, cyborgs, and great characters. I love these characters, as well.

I'll be adding to this list.

I saw Battle Royale in the book store once, I wrestled with wanting to get it and not. I should have gotten it.

Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson. The first book was already very awesome, and I hear that the second is even better. Safe to say, I'm very excited.

Just about anything by Haruki Murakami
Norwegian Wood is a popular place to start - it's where I started!
But Kafka On The Shore and Dance Dance Dance are two of my favourites from him!

the Hallows series by Kim Harrison is really good series of book to read

Users who are viewing this thread

Back