• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Bokurano: ours

Sunstone

This sentence is false.
Forthe 99.99969% of you that haven't heard of the manga or anime, here's a plot synopsis
(Note this synopsis contains spoilers to the first volume of the manga and I'm assuming the first episode of the tv show.
During a summer camp, 15 children; 8 boys and 7 girls, find a grotto by the sea. Deep within they discover working computers and some electronic equipment, and later the owner, a man who introduces himself as "Kokopelli". Kokopelli claims to be a programmer working on a brand new game, in which a large robot has to defend the Earth against fifteen alien invasions. He persuades the children to test the game and enter into a contract. Fourteen of them agree, but one of them is kept from entering the contract by her older brother, and a moment later they all mysteriously awaken on the shore, believing what happened was just a dream.

That night, two giant robots appear by the beach. A small creature calling himself "Koyemshi" also appears and claims to be the children's guide. He then teleports them into the black robot, with Kokopelli already inside and controlling the black robot in order to defeat the white enemy robot. During battle, he gives the children a brief tutorial on how to pilot the robot as he destroys the enemy. Once he has finished, he tells the children that they are on their own now and sends them back to the beach. As the children are teleported out, one child observes Kokopelli whispering "I'm sorry".

Takashi Waku is the first pilot of the robot, which is named "Zearth" by Maki Ano. Upon winning the fight, Waku is accidentally 'knocked' into the sea from a ledge on Zearth's chest by Jun. The second pilot, Masaru "Kodama" Kodaka, dies unceremoniously after defeating his opponent. Koyemshi explains to the children that Zearth runs on life force, and the cost of every victory would be the life of its pilot. It is also revealed that the reason Waku was 'knocked' into the sea was because Zearth had drained his life force; he was already dead.

If you want a more in depth plot synopsis click here for a link to the Wikipedia article about it, note this does contain major spoilers so only click if you don't plan on watching the series or reading the manga.

I was wanting to do a roleplay based off of this because it's a rather interesting concept, but I was just wondering how it would go since the series is more about the individual lives of the kids who are going to die.

This is one of may favorite Mangas! I think an rp of this would be very interesting, I mean you could do an rp that is more character driven than plot driven

Alright, I guess that would make sense. Do you know of anyone else that's read the manga or would be interested in this? Because I'm sure that there are very few people interested in this.

I dunno, I mean I can go and ask some people who I did a danganronpa rp with since both danganronpa and bokurano both involve children/teens dying. But Idk, this might gain traction on its on because the topic itself is pretty interesting

My previous avatar image was Kokopelli. Bokurano was very interesting, it doesn't help that I like plots that invoke depressing feelings. Extra points if it resembles a game.

I can see it being tricky to make into an RP though, as a central part of the plot is the characters dying. The players would have to be aware of that and be ready to have to write about their character's death. That is, assuming the RP would follow the show's mechanics to the letter, since it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.

I'll be keeping an eye on how this goes, hopefully it'll get more attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back