• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

BoatBehind & Harmonious

Sasha doesn't like clocks.

The random survey he has taken earlier and he has forgotten. He doesn't like clocks. How can he forget? Tick, tick, tick, it goes and yet it feels like no time has passed. Organizing everything in his desk to keep distracted, he tries to keep his glances at the door to a bare minimum. He checks the library wall clock and watches the thinest line tick with each second towards twelve. When it passes, it's suddenly five and he turns at the door expectedly.

When the door opens he looks down, pushes his glasses to his face and pretends to read. He tries to look up discreetly.

Sasha can't help to smile when he sees it's her. His muse is at the main desk, checking in the reference books and the librarian, Amelia, catches his eye and gives him a hidden quick smile. She's the only one who caught him giving moon eyes at Adoria, as he started to call her in his poems lately. They play a game of him helping her out with putting the books for hints for her name if managed to finish before Amelia did.

He's not very fast. But that doesn't stop from being hopeful each time. Amelia directs Adoria near his table and he couldn't help be grateful.

I swear, teachers successfully mastered the art in boring their students to death. I walk aimlessly after a particularly boring lecture in History class. Don't get my wrong, history is incredibly fascinating. It's just that Mr. Cooper annihilated all my interest towards studying past events. Eventually, I drag my feet to my locker, taking out my Latin binder, and planning to cram for my test tomorrow. Procrastination doesn't mix well with Latin. I should know that.

The corner of my lips curls up in a barely noticeable smile as I sit next to a girl who introduced herself to be Amelia Valentine. She is very outgoing and clashes a little with the library's quiet atmosphere, but I appreciate her presence all the same. Amelia is a freshman in college. She's a year older than me and has a twin. I scan the library briefly in search of a person that vaguely resembles Amelia. My quest is in vain. No one looks like Amelia, but there is a boy who had Hus head down at a table a coupe feet away. I shrug turning back to my textbook, I guess Amelia's twin wasn't in the library. It does make sense, a twin won't just drop everything and follow their twin. I didn't feel like bothering Amelia if I am correct about her twin.

I'm glad Latin is a dead language. Memorizing irregular verbs isn't exactly what one would do happily. But I couldn't afford to get a bad grade on this test, but aren't I a senior? Seniors are suppose to be daring and having fun. And that's what my thinking as I ditch my binder planning to proceed to the east wing and browse the Young Adults books. I skim books by John Green and decide to again read Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars. As I made my way to the table I remember that I was in a library. A library aka the place where random people steal your pencils and then make a run for it. Yeah, I guess, a library is also a place to study and read books. I near my sit and let out a sigh. The table was untouched. But it wasn't exactly how I left it. It wasn't that something was lost: it was that something was gained. I didn't prepare myself for the note on top of my Latin binder signed by a person named Sasha.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don’t believe I’m worthwhile

to see such sweet smile.

Yet I gawk, everyday.

At 5’o clock when I get to see your face.

I don’t even know your name.

I only have myself to blame.

So I’m asking today.

Head bent low in shame

for not asking face to face.

Forgive my bashfulness

Forget my nervousness

I only ask for a name

And what you’re doing today.

-Sasha

He's currently hiding behind Amelia's desk. Sasha left the note he's reviewed thousand times, unsure if it was alright. It was bad. It was a bad poem. What has he done. What has he done? Amelia couldn't quit her muffled laughter at his misery. He's banging his head on the desk. Sasha ruined his chance and he doesn't even know her name.

"It'll be fine, Sasha. It's a cute poem. At least now you won't have to help me with the books, right?"

Sasha frowned, "but I like to spend time with you, Amy..."

Amy smiled wider, "gosh you're such a dork, she'll love you Sasha. Just go ask her out."

"...I can't. The last time I tried..." She laughed to herself and Sasha stopped dead on his track. It was embarrassing that his heart was out of control, like he ran marathon at a sound. He couldn't even- he couldn't even think after. Stood frozen and wondering if someone will save him from his misery.

Amelia did, like always. Muttering about how he looked like such a creep just standing there and dragged him back to the coffee room so he can regain some dignity.

It wasn't as successful as he hoped.

"Oh! She's reading the note!!"

Sasha cheeks went flaming red. He's regretting every life decision he has ever made.

Dakota. My name is Dakota.

Dakota Nether.

It's nice to meet you, Sasha. :)

P.S. Your poem is fab.

People like you is why the earth

the earth spins around.

I actually said that to a friend of mine once

and then she gave me a lesson on science.

I read my sticky note twice. Okay, I actually read it four times. Being the self proclaimed queen of grammatical errors and misspelled words, I didn't want to forget dotting my i's and crossing my t's. Finally, after rereading the note again, I set it on the table grap my textbooks hoping that Sasha get the note before anyone else had a chance to.

He can't stand up. Why is this his life? Sasha, can't believe he can't stand up. This is horrible, he looks up with the biggest brown eyes he can manage but Amelia just rolls her eyes. "Can you- canyougetthenoteplease?" Amelia gives him unimpressed stare but after a quick round of 'who blinks first'(he wins obviously. Who's the weak twin, now sista!?) she relents. With a huge sigh like she's going to do something particularly hard, she leaves walking slower than any video effect can. He's lying. That's not actually possible but Amy sure is trying to defy the laws of science. Or something.

My god, Sasha! Stop thinking.

Amy is taking too long. How long does it take to get a note? Although he really shouldn't judge, after all if left to his own devices it would have taken quite the while for him to gather some nerve.

It most likely will be a nice quick rejection and if Sasha tries hard enough, he'll forget it after a week.

(He's lying, even up to this day! He avoids the Starbucks on the corner of 4th street because Elliot was kind of enough to reject him face to face. This was in freshmen year in high school. Sasha can't avoid the library! He needs it to study, his sister works there too! Hey...maybe- maybe she can get him the books. Oh. Problem solved! He can totally avoid the library. Phew, that was a close one.)

Sasha is totally chill about this. He might as well be ice, honestly.

Amy walks in waving the note high in the air. Sasha immediately jumps up and runs to her, taking the note quickly and reads. Amy hovers behind him. "So?" She tries to get a reaction out of him and normally he would be wondering if she read the note herself and only wants to know of his thoughts or if she didn't and respected his privacy for once, now wanting to know what it said.

But he's not thinking of that. Right now all he can think of is Dakota, which is way better than Adoria. He repeats it out loud and somehow it seems more tangible and real, and not like the fantasy Adoria presented. It's a beautiful and strong name. His mind runs through a million of lines that could be used but none of them fit right. Somehow that makes it even better because just like the girl it represents, it's something to work for.

"Oh my god, you're blushing!!"

Sasha touches his cheeks and they do feel warm. He turns to Amy with every intention of telling her that no, he was not blushing thank you very much but all that comes out is, "her name is Dakota Nether and she liked my poem and she has friends."

Amy smiles, "of course, she has friends! Your poem was amazing, why do you sound so surprised?"

Although, Amy would never admit it she's the very personification of sisterly pride. Therefore her judgement can't really trusted when it comes to things like his writing, clothing, or well anything made by him in some way. To her, it'll be amazing simply because he made it. (He was the same with her but he's in denial. Shh.) It makes it hard to get a real opinion on anything.

"...no reason." He shows her the note, feeling giddy. (Having a crush is fun, ain't it? The fallout never is but never mind that.) Amy hums in thought, "I have no idea, bro. Think of something on your own. I'm leaving."

Sasha looks at her surprised, "what! Why?" Amy turns to the clock, "my shift ended." Oh.

(I decided to write a conservation between Dakota and her friend via text. Since that's all I came up with. Dakota=italics. Her friend=bold.)

maddie. maddie. maddie. hi! (:

Dakota!

how's school?

It was so much fun. I so totally look forward to tons

of tests & quizzes.

haha.

I know. I'm hysterical.

i really shouldn't have asked the how's school question.

Well, besides all the work school's kinda fun? I mean, being a senior is the coolest thing ever.

but, dude, seniors have to rebels. they have to skip school and not do homework. rebel, maddie. rebel!

Rebelling is so much work.

no no. if you rebels then you have no homework and no school on those days you skip classes.

My mom would kill me if I played hookey.

i feel you: my mom would kill me too.

Totally, she would burn you alive.

i can imagine my funeral. my dad would be crying whilst claiming i was and always will be his favorite child. and my brother would also be crying. he'll be so happy that i died he would cry. i bet my fish would cry too. let's face it, i'm hell of a good fish owner.

Dakota, you happily flushed your previous fish down the toilet. Remember Bob? May his soul rest in fish heaven.

ooh! what if i see bob the fish in the afterlife?! y'know once i skip school and die.

Tell Bob I said hi!

what if bob could talk? what if once an animal/fish dies & goes to heaven, god blesses them with the gift of speech?

Why would God let animals talk after they're dead?

i'm not sure. i'll ask my dad if he knows.

Your dad isn't God. How will he know?

staph, maddie. staph.

You got "burned", now admit it.

admit that i got "burned"? nah.

I'm your elder. Obey me. Bow before me, peasant.

your only two months older than me, maddie.

I'm the next Hitler. Bow down.

where's your mustache, hitler.

I decided to shave. Nothing screams dictator like shaving, you feel me?

no, nothing screams dictator like screaming dictator. geez, you should know that by now.

Hush, child.

i'm not gonna hush! you can't make me hush! i'm gonna be unhushable!!

What happened to the good old days where children respected their elders?

i'm not sure. i'll ask my dad.

Again with the "I'll ask my dad"!

i so knew you can say that. i'm a mind reader.

Sure you are. Sureeee.

i'm Sirius. i asked my dad if i was born with telepathic powers and he said yes.

Dakota, shut up! Your dad actually said that!

i dont appreciate your sarcasm, young lady. go to the time out chair. think about what you done.

You would make an amazing teacher! (:

really? thank you!!

wait. youre just saying that. you dont actually mean it, right?

Wow! Would you look at the time?! It's past my bedtime! I think it's about time to hit the hay!

it's only 9:30.

It's actually 9:32. Get your facts straight.

go to sleep, maddie. it's past your bedtime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spin, spin, spin, spi- "Oh Fuck-I meant fudge!"

"Yeah, I'm sure." Luna is staring at him from above with hands on her hips. "What am I suppose to tell mom when her son dies from falling off a computer chair from spinning too much when I was here?" Sasha gets up rubbing his head in pain, "Well, you could start by saying you were sorry and completely irresponsible for killing the favorite child."

Luna slaps him against the back of his head, "don't get an attitude me, I raised your sorry ass." Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's nothing Sasha hasn't heard before. He comes from a big family and Luna being the oldest of the siblings has had a big hand in raising them. Whatever.

He moves up the fallen chair and sits on it again, intent on spinning again while sulking. Luna stops him before he can continue his very effective plan of coming up with a reply. Sasha told her all about Dakota and her note in an act of desperation for help. She just rolled her eyes at him telling him to be man and stayed in his dorm stealing all his snacks.

"Hey, where's Amies? I figured you guys would share a dorm?"

Luna is now digging through his stuff, probably looking for drugs; after what happen with his older brother Dmitry, Sasha doesn't blame her. "We decided to room separately. Get some independence. You know, collage stuff."

She smirks, "Her idea or yours" Sasha turns from his empty paper to glare at her, "I think you know the answer to that." Luna laughs at that and goes to her book bag, pulling out her sketchbook. She places the book in front of him opened to a page with a cheesy sketch of a rocketship in space. "You could give her that?"

Well. That was the only useful advice anyone has given since he asked for help. He nods and she cuts the drawing out of the book, "paste it to the note and write something to make her swoon." With that said Luna went back to his bed and continued to flip through the channels.

Wow.

But at least this gives him something to start with, right? Right.​

14419970-Doodle-style-science-fiction-set-sketch-in-vector-format-Set-includes-retro-rocket-ship-and-a-variet-Stock-Photo.jpg

A little doodle my sister drew. Haha, I think your friend would hate me and my habit of ignoring science. Seems like it's a thing running in my family? My name is Sasha Alkaeyn. My sister works at the library so you might have seen me around.

Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears!

-Sasha.

Sasha knows it's a dumb note and there's so much more he really truly wants to say. But he won't and he knows that if he doesn't give it to Amy now to pass, he'll never do it.

So, the waiting game begins again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back