• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom BNHA- Children of the Fallen CLOSED

Natural Flavour

Ah yes, pain
Everskold Everskold @IKingI @MidnightStar Amyleii Amyleii Hella Downweather Hella Downweather @AlluringRose @Lunar

cherry-blossom-e1485856509786.jpg
Kyoto-Sakura-1024x683.jpg

An expansive, pristine school campus lies in the depths of the city of Tokyo, providing a quiet and clean place to learn amid the hustle and bustle of the big city. Within it's vast gardens lies a high school with one of the most highly respected hero courses in the world: Sakura High. It's every aspiring youth's dream to get into this school, but with an entrance rate of 0.05%, it's unattainable to all but the best. Will you make the cut?

You are an orphan. A statistic. A number. Another mouth to feed. You have friends here, or maybe enemies? Maybe you care nothing for the others that call this place home. But you all have one thing in common. You are the children of fallen heroes. Maybe you knew them, maybe you didn't, but here at Tokyo Home for Children of the Fallen (THCF), you are given a chance to thrive. A quirk counsellor lives in the building, and you're given free quirk counselling when you need it. When you're of age and if you should desire to follow your parents' paths, you'll take the entrance exam as a recommended applicant, and the quirk counsellor will give the staff of the school a report on your quirk and it's abilities. Their eyes will be on you. You'll have to prove you're worthy of course, cause no one's going to hand it to you. So, on the day of Sakura High's entrance exam, you and your peers find yourselves at the gate, lined up among hundreds, maybe even a thousand other youth with the same dream as yours. To become a hero.

Welcome to BNHA- Children of the Fallen! This RP will take place with some scenes at the orphanage, but most scenes at the school, I think. We want this RP to be active, so I'm requiring at the very least one post per week. Posts don't have to be lengthy, but please help to move along the plot! One liners are heavily discouraged. Let me know if you are interested in a role, and write up a character sheet (layout is provided below!). If you are accepted by the board of GMs, you will be added to an official CS thread and ooc.

Board of GMs: Myself, @MidnightStar @IKingI Everskold Everskold

Now, here are the roles!!!

Orphanage manager: TAKEN
Orphanage quirk counsellor: TAKEN
Orphans: FULL
Non-Orphan Students: FULL
Sakura High teachers/staff: MAY BE AVAILABLE DEPENDING

Sakura High Head teacher: TAKEN

Name:
Role: (Orphan, Pro hero, School staff (can specify), Orphanage staff (can specify), Student)
Parents*: (Only fill out if you're playing an orphan. Tell us a little bit about your parents. Their career, quirks, your relationship with them if you knew them,)
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Quirk:
Quirk explanation: (please include some weaknesses!)
Relationship: (Relationships with peers, other students, quirk counsellor, anything you want to write here)
Other:

Please feel free to chit-chat and ask questions below! :3

Last edited:
So I've... never done a BNHA RP before and I really love BNHA so
I'll take an Orphan.

ooh~ This sounds interesting! I will take an orphan~ He will either have a bull mutation type or a metal body quirk~

I hope this works:

Name: Kaida Takanashi
Role: Orphan/Student
Parents: Both heroes. Both are deceased. (More information in her backstory)
Appearance: Short black hair, red eyes, light skin.
dragongirl.jpg
Personality: Funny, sarcastic and hardheaded. Kaida is short for her age, but what she lacks in height, she makes up for in strength and agility.
History:
Her father, whose (egotistical) hero name was Devine Devil, was obsessed with power and praise from others, even though he'd rarely give it out to anyone other than himself. He had a quirk that gave him wings, horns and the ability to breathe fire, while Kaida's mother, whose hero name was Anti-Venom, had a lizard-like quirk that made her have patches of scales, a tail, and, as her hero name suggests, an ability to secrete anti-venom from her fangs.

Because of his thirst for power, her father wanted a strong family and a male heir that he could mold in his image, and train to become even more powerful than himself, but he became furious when his wife had given birth to a girl. He immediately disowned Kaida, thinking that it was a waste of time to train a fragile girl who would never be as strong as he wanted his child to be. Her mother, on the other hand, loved her more than life itself, and thought she was perfect. A few years passed, and after several attempts, her mother was never able to give birth to another child, which angered her father even further, especially since Kaida still hadn't manifested her quirk yet. He soon went insane with how his dream of having a powerful family that he could be proud of had turned to dust. In a fit of rage, he hit and kicked his wife and child, blaming them for being useless and nothing but burdens to him. In the midst of everything, Kaida's mother helped her escape before her father could do anything worse. The young girl was able to escape, but her father had hit the woman over the head with a thick glass vase, killing her in less than a minute. Kaida didn't see it happen, she only heard the scream of pain that had followed the sound of shattering glass as she ran away as fast as she could.

Kaida had spent the next five days in the streets, getting as far away from her father as she could. Her mother had taught her that stealing from others was bad, so she opted to find food in the trash bins around the towns she was in at the time. She thankfully had a strong digestive and immune system, so she didn't get sick off of the food she had found and deemed edible. Out of nowhere, someone who called themselves an "Orphanage Quirk Councillor", offered her a place to stay, promising her fresh food, a warm bed, and many other children to play with. Of course she immediately accepted the offer, since she could see nothing wrong with it at all. From that day on, she was raised at the orphanage and given a new lease on life.
Quirk: Dragon
Quirk explanation: Has horns, wings and tail of a dragon, can form fireproof scales on her body at will, can breathe fire (able to throw balls of fire with her hands if they have scales on them).
Strengths: Strength, agility, heightened senses.

Flaws: Becomes sluggish and can even go into hibernation mode if exposed to extreme cold for extended periods of time. When extremely drained, she is unable produce fire to warm herself.
Relationship: Mostly friendly with everyone, but if someone wrongs her or anyone important to her, she'll go after them with a vengeance. Easily annoyed with people who mutter or say "um" a lot, and won't hesitate to fight if challenged.
Other: Sometimes can have panic attacks and/or flashbacks that she can't control.

Last edited:
Definitely interested! I'll try to submit an orphan application after work or on my break.

EDIT: Joke's on me, managed to whip one up before work. I'll definitely flesh some of it out later, but find it easier to explore in character than out of it.

Name: Elettra Grey
Role: Orphan
Parents*: She never really knew her parents, her father either leaving or dying (no one is sure) soon after her birth. Her mother left her at an orphanage. This isn't to say she doesn't know about them, as her mother, sick with grief over losing her father, went on a rampage with the self same quirk she passed on to her daughter.
Appearance: Elettra has red hair and green eyes, pale skin, and freckles. She is very small, standing only 5'2", but don't you dare bring up her size. Or else.
Personality: Fiery temper, more out of self preservation than anything. Genuinely cares about others, and is willing to go to any lengths to protect those she is loyal to.
History: Elettra was originally from the UK, but was shipped around for orphanage to orphanage due to getting picked on/the orphanages getting threatened for harbouring the child of a terrorist. She developed a spitfire personality as a result of this, as a defense mechanism, but this just got her a reputation as a fighter and moved around more often. Finally, she was recently sent to Tokyo, in hopes that such a drastic shift in location would be enough to let her escape her mother's legacy.
Quirk: Condensed Heat
Quirk explanation: Elettra is able to manipulate pure heat energy around her, drawing it in and releasing it in an orb. The power relies on their being enough heat to function, so use struggles in cold climates. The heat is also expended after use, dropping the temperature around her more the more her quirk is used. (I see a fire base quirk above which would allow for some cool synergy)
Relationship: Elettra, being new to the country, doesn't really know anyone. This also results in her getting lost frequently and being too stubborn to ask for help.
Other:

Last edited:
Name:Emmy Ryuji

Role: Orphan Student

Parents*: Tyranoman and Ladygold Tyranoman was able to transform into dinosuars, Ladygold was made of gold. both died in a tragic accident involving lava from a lava-based supervillain.

Personality:Emmy is an interesting child. she goes from energetic to lazy in the blink of an eye. she has a need for adventure and a desire for shiny shiny things. she is easily distracted by the shinies and keeps a hoard of stuff under her bed in the orphanage. She is a firecracker that is quick-tempered, especially when people treat her like a child, if she is in a firey mood she will snap at you for petting, but if she is in a happy lazy mood she will find the nearest lap and snuggle into it.
History: Emmy Ryuji was only 3 years old when her parents where defeated by the LAVAiathan, a giant lava worm monster. ever since then she has been in the orphanage, at first she was just a normal child playing happily with her friends, but then a couple years after she got her quirk her friends that where still unadopted got bigger then her, and new kids started treating her like she was one of the preschool aged kids, and that's been her life at the orphanage ever since. several times she was almost adopted before she angrily pointed out to her possible parents that she was in middle school and was about to be going to high school to become a hero. if she could get into the school of her dreams and live in the dorm rooms atleast then there wouldn't be little kids running around for her to be compared to, and she could finally get some respect as a hero.

Quirk: Soul of the dragon

Quirk explanation: Emmys soul of the dragon quirk is pretty amazing, she can grow scales that protect from almost any sharp or penetrating attack accept the vary vary best prettymuch everywhere at will (except her tummy, that's a weakpoint for her.) she can breath fire and is immune to it. she can fly and her fingernails and teeth can grow into sharp claws and teeth. her weaknesses are her tummy can't grow scales for some reason, She can be easily distracted by shiny objects, and sometimes she gets extremely lazy. she also can't swim, water won't kill her but she is ineffective while in it, her scales are the only thing that work while she is drenched, though if she is just mildly wet the debuff to her abilities are not as severe, she will clumsily fly, her fire will not be as eruptive, and her teeth and claws will not be as sharp. Bonuses (or curses) to her power is that she ages as slowly as a real dragon, so she has essentially not aged since gaining her powers, at the vary least she has aged .0001% since she was 6 for real. she heals fairly fast, not enough for it to be considered a combative healing power though. a wound that would take a normal person a day to heal would be just as healed for her at about 4 or 5 hours. making it useful for recovery but not actual midcombat, this healing only takes effect while she is sleeping. she is fairly agile, more so then a normal human, though agility quirks would mop the floor with her agility. she can grow a tail, useful to an extent in combat, but as a dragon tail it's not really as grabby as a monkey tail, it has no dynamic movement but it is pretty blunt and she can swing it pretty fast and hard. her dragon soul also makes her senses heightened which some might think of as an advantage but it's actually a weakness, bright lights and loud noises can disorient the small girl easily.

Relationship: we can discuss this in the DM :)

Other:
Manga version
emmyryuji.png
Anime Version
emmyryujianime.png

Maybe just close friends since they have similar quirks?
they could be twins who had different but similar quirks. I guess.
Hi! I'm asking the GM board about this right now, but my current thoughts are that even in the anime, there were two kids who had really similar quirks, and it was actually a really fun friendship/rivalry. If you two can work it out between you, I really don't mind there being two dragon characters. :3

Definitely interested! I'll try to submit an orphan application after work or on my break.

EDIT: Joke's on me, managed to whip one up before work. I'll definitely flesh some of it out later, but find it easier to explore in character than out of it.

Name: Elettra Grey
Role: Orphan
Parents*: She never really knew her parents, her father either leaving or dying (no one is sure) soon after her birth. Her mother left her at an orphanage. This isn't to say she doesn't know about them, as her mother, sick with grief over losing her father, went on a rampage with the self same quirk she passed on to her daughter.
Appearance: Elettra has red hair and green eyes, pale skin, and freckles. She is very small, standing only 5'2", but don't you dare bring up her size. Or else.
Personality: Fiery temper, more out of self preservation than anything. Genuinely cares about others, and is willing to go to any lengths to protect those she is loyal to.
History: Elettra was originally from the UK, but was shipped around for orphanage to orphanage due to getting picked on/the orphanages getting threatened for harbouring the child of a terrorist. She developed a spitfire personality as a result of this, as a defense mechanism, but this just got her a reputation as a fighter and moved around more often. Finally, she was recently sent to Tokyo, in hopes that such a drastic shift in location would be enough to let her escape her mother's legacy.
Quirk: Condensed Heat
Quirk explanation: Elettra is able to manipulate pure heat energy around her, drawing it in and releasing it in an orb. The power relies on their being enough heat to function, so use struggles in cold climates. The heat is also expended after use, dropping the temperature around her more the more her quirk is used. (I see a fire base quirk above which would allow for some cool synergy)
Relationship: Elettra, being new to the country, doesn't really know anyone. This also results in her getting lost frequently and being too stubborn to ask for help.
Other:
I love your character! The orphans are the children of fallen heroes, so maybe the father that left or died was a hero? That's the only requirement for her to be in the orphanage in our story, is that one of the deceased parents was a hero. :3

I hope this works:

Name: Kaida Takanashi
Role: Orphan/Student
Parents: Both heroes. Both are deceased. (More information in her backstory)
Appearance: Short black hair, red eyes, light skin.
Personality: Funny, sarcastic and hardheaded. Kaida is short for her age, but what she lacks in height, she makes up for in strength and agility.
History:
Her father, whose (egotistical) hero name was Devine Devil, was obsessed with power and praise from others, even though he'd rarely give it out to anyone other than himself. He had a quirk that gave him wings, horns and the ability to breathe fire, while Kaida's mother, whose hero name was Anti-Venom, had a lizard-like quirk that made her have patches of scales, a tail, and, as her hero name suggests, an ability to secrete anti-venom from her fangs.

Because of his thirst for power, her father wanted a strong family and a male heir that he could mold in his image, and train to become even more powerful than himself, but he became furious when his wife had given birth to a girl. He immediately disowned Kaida, thinking that it was a waste of time to train a fragile girl who would never be as strong as he wanted his child to be. Her mother, on the other hand, loved her more than life itself, and thought she was perfect. A few years passed, and after several attempts, her mother was never able to give birth to another child, which angered her father even further, especially since Kaida still hadn't manifested her quirk yet. He soon went insane with how his dream of having a powerful family that he could be proud of had turned to dust. In a fit of rage, he hit and kicked his wife and child, blaming them for being useless and nothing but burdens to him. In the midst of everything, Kaida's mother helped her escape before her father could do anything worse. The young girl was able to escape, but her father had hit the woman over the head with a thick glass vase, killing her in less than a minute. Kaida didn't see it happen, she only heard the scream of pain that had followed the sound of shattering glass as she ran away as fast as she could.

Kaida had spent the five three days in the streets, getting as far away from her father as she could. Her mother had taught her that stealing from others was bad, so she opted to find food in the trash bins around the towns she was in at the time. She thankfully had a strong digestive and immune system, so she didn't get sick off of the food she had found and deemed edible. Out of nowhere, someone who called themselves an "Orphanage Quirk Councillor", offered her a place to stay, promising her fresh food, a warm bed, and many other children to play with. Of course she immediately accepted the offer, since she could see nothing wrong with it at all. From that day on, she was raised at the orphanage and given a new lease on life.
Quirk: Dragon
Quirk explanation: Has horns, wings and tail of a dragon, can form fireproof scales on her body at will, can breathe fire (able to throw balls of fire with her hands if they have scales on them).
Strengths: Strength, agility, heightened senses.

Flaws: Becomes sluggish and can even go into hibernation mode if exposed to extreme cold for extended periods of time. When extremely drained, she is unable produce fire to warm herself.
Relationship: Mostly friendly with everyone, but if someone wrongs her or anyone important to her, she'll go after them with a vengeance. Easily annoyed with people who mutter or say "um" a lot, and won't hesitate to fight if challenged.
Other: Sometimes can have panic attacks and/or flashbacks that she can't control.
Name:Emmy Ryuji

Role: Orphan Student

Parents*: Tyranoman and Ladygold Tyranoman was able to transform into dinosuars, Ladygold was made of gold. both died in a tragic accident involving lava from a lava-based supervillain.

Personality:Emmy is an interesting child. she goes from energetic to lazy in the blink of an eye. she has a need for adventure and a desire for shiny shiny things. she is easily distracted by the shinies and keeps a hoard of stuff under her bed in the orphanage. She is a firecracker that is quick-tempered, especially when people treat her like a child, if she is in a firey mood she will snap at you for petting, but if she is in a happy lazy mood she will find the nearest lap and snuggle into it.
History: Emmy Ryuji was only 3 years old when her parents where defeated by the LAVAiathan, a giant lava worm monster. ever since then she has been in the orphanage, at first she was just a normal child playing happily with her friends, but then a couple years after she got her quirk her friends that where still unadopted got bigger then her, and new kids started treating her like she was one of the preschool aged kids, and that's been her life at the orphanage ever since. several times she was almost adopted before she angrily pointed out to her possible parents that she was in middle school and was about to be going to high school to become a hero. if she could get into the school of her dreams and live in the dorm rooms atleast then there wouldn't be little kids running around for her to be compared to, and she could finally get some respect as a hero.

Quirk: Soul of the dragon

Quirk explanation: Emmys soul of the dragon quirk is pretty amazing, she can grow scales that protect from almost any sharp or penetrating attack accept the vary vary best prettymuch everywhere at will (except her tummy, that's a weakpoint for her.) she can breath fire and is immune to it. she can fly and her fingernails and teeth can grow into sharp claws and teeth. her weaknesses are her tummy can't grow scales for some reason, She can be easily distracted by shiny objects, and sometimes she gets extremely lazy. she also can't swim, water won't kill her but she is ineffective while in it, her scales are the only thing that work while she is drenched, though if she is just mildly wet the debuff to her abilities are not as severe, she will clumsily fly, her fire will not be as eruptive, and her teeth and claws will not be as sharp. Bonuses (or curses) to her power is that she ages as slowly as a real dragon, so she has essentially not aged since gaining her powers, at the vary least she has aged .0001% since she was 6 for real. she heals fairly fast, not enough for it to be considered a combative healing power though. a wound that would take a normal person a day to heal would be just as healed for her at about 4 or 5 hours. making it useful for recovery but not actual midcombat, this healing only takes effect while she is sleeping. she is fairly agile, more so then a normal human, though agility quirks would mop the floor with her agility. she can grow a tail, useful to an extent in combat, but as a dragon tail it's not really as grabby as a monkey tail, it has no dynamic movement but it is pretty blunt and she can swing it pretty fast and hard. her dragon soul also makes her senses heightened which some might think of as an advantage but it's actually a weakness, bright lights and loud noises can disorient the small girl easily.

Relationship: we can discuss this in the DM :)

Other:
Manga version
View attachment 613498
Anime Version
View attachment 613499
I'll accept both of you and you guys can work your your relationship :3

I love your character! The orphans are the children of fallen heroes, so maybe the father that left or died was a hero? That's the only requirement for her to be in the orphanage in our story, is that one of the deceased parents was a hero. :3

Sorry, should've clarified: mother was a hero, went on a rampage. The father will be confirmed dead, then, though I need to nail down what his quirk would have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back