Blue Exorcist: The Devil Does Not Forgive (Chapter 1)

Kiseichu

Parasyte

Chapter 1: True Cross Academy

You feel your body floating in the infinite darkness of an empty world, for a second it's fun but after a minute or two, the fear hidden within your heart awakens. Voices around you began to whisper, some expressing their curiosity, and others engulfing you into their madness.

"What am I?"

"Why am I here?"

"Is this my body?"

"What's that sound inside my head?"

The voices seem to chatter endlessly until dead silence fills the black abyss, you are left alone with no more interruptions.

"Phew, I'm glad that's over."

You broke a sweat or too, what just happened was pretty scary. The zero-gravity feel of the void disappears as your body begins plummeting down onto a platform. Swirling winds embrace your body until you inevitably land onto your destination. In front of you are words "Fate" written quite fancifully. Time slows down, again your body floats in nothingness, a piercing light envelopes your entire body. You can see your body slowly disappearing as dark turns to light, strangely you feel at peace.

You open your eyes and see the light of day.

"That was one crazy dream."

Unfortunately, the light you saw wasn't a very good one, it was coming from the baldness of the current Paladin of the Exorcists, yikes, and he's screaming right in your ear about the importance of listening to what they have to say during opening day.

The Setting: We are at True Cross Academy and it is opening day, Mephisto and the Paladin are giving a speech to all students and that means your character is currently at an assembly. You may stay and listen to what they have to say, or leave immediately.

Edit: A few errors, sorry. English is not my first language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shun Tsujimoto

Huh? 

Was all that ran through Shun's mind when he found himself standing with many other students. Towards the front of a few more rows of students, there was the Paladin for the Exorcists. There was a sudden yell and the red-haired flinched in a startled manner. He looked around, several times. Unconsciously, he lifted his left hand to grip at the right hand elbow tightly. He was awake. Yet his mind wasn't leaving the dejavu he had seen earlier. Immersed completely in darkness... and the voices. It was too vivid, and he could decipher the voices too clearly, as though someone was speaking in his mind. Even more, the words 'Fate' appearing.

He shivered, as though it was a windy and cloudy day. Hopefully it wasn't someone prodding into his mind. 

There was another yell and he shook his head. He should be listening attentively. Otherwise how was he going to ever be a - 

His thoughts were stopped when his eyes shifted towards next to him. Akira was looking tense. 

Akira Kou

Similarly to Shun, Akira had suddenly snapped her eyes open. The sound of the Paladin exorcist yelling had woken her from that weird trance or vision that she was seeing. Her eyes darted left and right. Since arriving past the gate, she couldn't help but be somewhat tense. Shun had told her that apparently True Cross Academy had demons as well in the past. 

Then was the vision caused by one of them? She couldn't be sure, she needed to be more on guard. She stood up straighter. While her face was turned towards the Paladin, her eyes continued to look around at the other students. It was then that she saw Shun looking at her. He looked rather uneasy. Did he notice that I was caught off-guard earlier? 

She tilted her head towards the front, telling Shun silently that it was fine and that they should continue to listen. 

Noya Morimachi

The young demon took a moment to properly snap out of the strange daydream he seemed to have. Thinking about it for a moment, he passed it off for just one of his usual visions and continued to listen to the Paladin. The boy was standing in the very back but his demon hearing could catch everything. He was a bit uneasy, being around so many humans that might have a hatred for demons and try something when they find out he's essentially one relative away from being as complete of a demon as Mephisto was. A demon could recognise a fellow demon at the first glance..

Noya was still wearing his casual clothes, not having time to change into his uniform. His right eye still covered one would think Noya had trouble with depth perception or something but he could see perfectly fine. He did have to make his left eye a normal blue colour and his hair black so to not set off any kids with his unnatural hair and glowing yellow eye. He could change his eye and hair to those colors only because of his human side, if he weren't a demon, his hair would have been black and his eyes an icy clear blue.

Wilhelm Ayer

The boy jolted awake as the room seemed to somehow grow louder with just one person's voice. Lord, did he wished they shut up so he could fall asleep. The voice only seemed to grow louder and just then did Wilhelm seem to realize where he was once again. He was sitting at the entrance ceremony for True Cross, listening to the Paladin speak. Right. There would be no problem listening to the man if he wasn't so damn boring to hear speak. Seriously, one guy should never be so boring that he makes you fall asleep while he's speaking and then scolds the audience about it. After all it was the Paladin's fault for not making his speech any interesting.

But now that he was thinking about it, that sure as hell was one weird dream. He shrugged it off and made an attempt to listen to the Paladin speak. He wasn't just going to let one weird dream get to him. Besides this wasn't the first of his weird dreams, he's had far stranger when was first still getting adjusted to Assiah. Hell five years later and he still finds himself getting adjusted.

He sighs leaning back in the chair, tapping his foot on the ground almost impatiently just waiting for the speech to be over.

Ikuto sat with the other teachers as he listened to the Paladin drone on. That guy needed a lesson in how to make his voice less monotone and more human like. The teacher scannrd the crowd for a familiar face, his niece before seeing some of the younger studenst stare at him. He was a very muscular man and many believed he was the brawn of battles, well shame, he kept off the front lines and attended to the weak.

"Jesus," he muttered, waiting for the tiring speech to end, Satan at least would be funner than this.

Now where was his niece???

LILLY SINCLAIR

Lilly peeled her eyes open. Oh dear, did she really just doze off? Oh but what a wonderful dream she was having, how strange it was. "I'm starting to imagine this is how Alice felt falling down the rabbit hole," the girl flattened out her short black skirt and tucked in, well busied herself with her white shirt. Did this school need uniform? Could she wear her own clothes like the Americans? She questioned herself before pulling her gaze up to the Paladin.

"If I become like that, then mother please help me," she said aloud with a small chuckle, her hands resting on her handbag in her lap. Father hadn't let her take her weapons to the Academy until she was classified with a demon weapon, which was annoying. Her mother however made sure to pack her holy water in what appeared to be a real gun. It did wonders scaring the hell out of people, and demons.

Sighing the girl looked at whoever was sitting next to her, being sat at the back was a bonus for the girl, whilst it was interesting to attend, lets say a public school she didn't want to just jump right in. Plus she was closer to the exits and could see them all, she liked that. A boy stood next to her and she stared at his covered right eye.

"Hmm strange," she said aloud not caring if they heard or not. "How tedious," the 15 year old stood up as a few eyes turned on her and headed for the exit. Her handbag on her left arm as she walked gracefully, her long hair dancing behind her. Lilly was a beauty, no denying it but she was not shallow, or plastered in makeup.

Sighing she took out her 'gun' from her bag, at first glance from anyone behind her. It was seemingly real.

Lilly admired it's clever design as she aimed the weapon. Before studying it again. "Where are the toilets?" She questioned as she looked for a key, the key she was given for this school.

"I'm lucky I'm fluent in many languages, " Lilly muttered still holding her gun.

Nathan Greenwood was sitting with the teachers. Well actually he had fallen asleep. He never liked the Paladin, and it didn't help that he was boring. And with that, Nathan continued to sleep, he was used to sleeping through the Paladin at this point. This was perfectly normal for him.

--

Rin Norte was quietly sitting, he had dozed off, but quickly woke up, and only caught part of the very, very, strange vision. He decided to shrug it off, and continued listening silently, soaking in the Paladins words, having nothing better to do. Rin was bored, but listened to him anyways, and fiddled with his scarf, a little. Otherwise, he did nothing, not move, not visibly breath, not even scratch his face. He just sat, staring straight ahead.

--

Dante Ecross was completely asleep, his tail tucked into his shirt. He was just so tired, having stayed up all night playing video games. Dante didn't snore, nor did he see the vision he was just that wiped out.

Yuri sat in between Ikuto Fujimoto and Nathan Greenwood, the row of teachers set back to the side of the droning Paladin. The opening ceremonies were an important part of a student's outlook on the school, as well as an outlook on how the students could perform with their first lecture. Some were dozing off, including some of the fellow teachers, but others were genuinely enjoying the first moment in their new life. Just from how they acted now Yuri could get a read on them; from the few napping to the one reaching for a fake gun to scare her classmates. What an odd bunch, Yuri smiled before turning back to the Paladin.

Yuri knew the importance of this day, the first day for both the students and himself. While many would sleep Yuri would be the pinnacle of formality, as he was always taught to be. Posture straight, legs crossed, and eyes intrigued, Yuri listened intently to the Paladin. His suit was pressed, hair spiked, and jewelry glistening, but even Yuri couldn't sit through this presentation much longer. 

Aimi Yoshida

There were several different times in Aimi's life that she questioned her decision to become a teacher. Right now is one of those times. If the young woman understood at the time that she'd be listening to boring speeches like this, she could promise herself that this would definitely be in a different career path. But that was besides the point, in all honestly at least she was on of the few that could keep herself awake which was more than others could say. But the only problem was the speech was now seeming repetitive with unimportant droning. 

The young teacher stood and stretched and looked back at the row of teachers next to her. "Well I've heard everything I thought was important. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm going to make sure my classroom looks ok."

(Welp, here goes nothing.... sorry if I wasn't meant to reply second)

Shun Tsujimoto

The speech took a while to finish, and Shun wasn't exactly sure whether he had understood everything. However, he supposed that if there was any questions that he had, he could just ask. Honesty was the best policy, as what he and Akira often liked to say. The red-haired boy turned towards his friend, where Akira had stood up to stretch. "Let's go look for our classrooms maybe?" he said as he stood up with Akira. The two would have made their way out of the hall where they had been listening to the talk earlier. He had seen a few teachers had already went out already. 

"Do you think they'll have a large class?" he wondered out loud, looking around. Some of them seemed to be looking around as though they were first years themselves. He didn't want to mention that he hoped that it'll be easy for them both to get along with everyone else, knowing the small hint about Akira's rather narrow-minded opinions of demons. It wasn't something that can change overnight. Once reaching outside the entrance he dug into his pocket for his small notebook. He had jotted down where their classrooms were, and had drawn a small map of where the dorms would be. 

Akira Kou

Being the less patient of the two, Akira let out a yawn just as the Paladin had dismissed the group. "I suppose finding the classrooms earlier would be helpful so we won't be lost on our first day. " she said. Giving a compliant nod, she followed about half a step behind Shun as they walked out. True Cross Academy looked like a maze at times when she arrived not too long ago, and she did wonder how often she would get lost. 

"A large class? I don't know..." Akira shrugged. To Akira, it didn't really matter whether it was going to be a large class or a small class. She'd heard that there might be groups. Whatever the case was, she should get to know about them better, especially some were teammates in the future. Part of her pushed back the thoughts of demons right near them. "I mean... I don't really care as long as everyone's nice..." her voice trailed off for a moment. Even though she seemed like the more confident of the two, both were rather new, since they had lived in a town all their life. 

@Past Paradise Tears

Noya Morimachi

Noya sighed and once they were released from the severely boring speech, he took hold of the thin tied lock of long hair hanging down the left side of his head. Turning on his heels, he made his way out of the room and onto the hall with a little yawn. His eyes watered from that action so he probably looked like he was about to cry. He looked around before he started to wander in one direction but ended up bumping into someone. "A-ah.. sorry. I didn't mean..to.. b-bump into.. you..." He quickly said, being met with the sight of a bright red-haired boy and a girl. He was pretty sure he bumped into the boy. He wished he could disappear right now..

@Quark

Shun Tsujimoto & Akira Kou

Shun had stopped and was fumbling through the pages before there was a soft collision on his back. Akira had seen someone with black hair approaching them but didn't get the chance to warn Shun. 

Both turned towards the boy who was rather flustered and apologizing. Both noticed that he seemed to be only using one blue eye, with the other coloured. 

"It's fine." Akira answered for Shun then gestured to where they were standing. "We were kind of blocking the entrance, so neither of us owes an apology." 

Shun gave a small sheepish smile at Akira's answer before standing a little more to the side. He looked over towards the boy again. Perhaps seeing someone more panicked than he was helping him less timid. He tried to offer a friendly smile while holding up his hand. "Are you a first year by any chance?" he asked, "I'm Tsujimoto Shun, and this is my childhood friend, Kou Akira. The two of us are first years. Yours...?"

@Past Paradise Tears

Nathan woke almost immidiately at the end of the speech, as usual. He got up and headed out of his class, fumbling with his keys.

--

At the end of the speech, Rin sat quietly for a few more seconds before getting up, he headed off in he direction the other students were heading in.

--

Dante was woken up by another student, and then headed off in the direction of the classes, and bumped into someone, "Oh sorry." he apologized.

The Paladin

With all his great and majestic baldness, he raised his voice so that it echoed across the entire room. From the outside, it sounded as if someone was shouting through a megaphone. Unfortunately for the people indoors, his voice was louder than a megaphone, probably loud like a concert speaker.

"NOW I DO NOT KNOW WHY SOME OF YOU ARE SLEEPING, BUT IF WE WANTED YOU TO SLEEP THROUGH A VERY IMPORTANT SPEECH, WE'D PUT ALL OF YOU IN A KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM."

The paladin cleared his throat with gusto, preparing it for another satanic ritual scolding.

"NOW IF EVERYBODY IS AWAKE NOW, I'D LIKE TO-"

In the middle of his sentence, a young man nearby the paladin purposefully accidentally spilled a cup of hot chocolate on his head.

"Oh! Shit, sorry!"

It was at that moment everyone knew the fate of that young man, they could obviously tell from how red the Paladin's face was getting in addition to the steam rising from his head.

"YOU... YOU BLOODY IDIOT! WHAT'S YOUR NAME, BY THE TIME THE SCHOOL YEAR IS OVER I'LL MAKE SURE THAT YOU'RE OUT OF THIS SCHOOL AND OUT OF MY LIFE, PERMANENTLY!"

With all the chaos going on in the room, it would be a good time to leave.

(If anyone of you can guess who's character the young man is, I'll give you a cookie voucher.)

Hint: The owner is in this RP.

Noya Morimachi

The teen fixed the eyepatch over his right eye before he shuffled to the side so not to block the entrance or exit for some. He scratched the back of his head before he gave a soft nod. "Y-yeah.. I'm a first year.. I'm Noya Morimachi.. it's not to.. um.. meet you both..." He said, fidgeting with the long lock of black hair. He did flinch a little at the Paladin's painfully loud shouting and was glad he left before his eardrums would burst.. "Is the Paladin a-always that loud..?" He asked, more to himself than to the two teens standing with him.

@Quark

Shun was waiting for the black-haired boy to take his handshake before a loud sound roared over the chatting students. It was the paladin from earlier, who was yelling at the young man. Both teens looked at the scene in a slightly awkward manner. "I have no clue..." Akira muttered, while turning away. She didn't want to be caught staring, since the paladin seemed like he had a temper. Shun couldn't help but give a small laugh uneasily. "Yeah... both Akira and I haven't heard too much about what it's like here." Other than the fact that there were demons around, but he hoped that there were only a few number of students. Otherwise, Akira would be declaring everyone her enemy possibly. 

"Anyway, nice to meet you, Noya-kun," Shun said, followed by Akira who said the same thing. "Akira and I were thinking of looking for the classrooms and maybe our dorms. Would you like to come with us?" he asked. It was the first time both teenagers were at a school were they didn't more more than half of the people. But Akira and Shun had agreed that they wouldn't shy away from talking with anyone they thought that looked friendly enough. 

@Past Paradise Tears

Noya Morimachi

Noya did shake Shun's hand when he actually noticed and gave an apologetic look for not shaking it right away. It felt so strange talking to humans his age. "Oh.. um.. sure." He nodded, not minding the further interaction with the two teenagers. When they started walking, Noya practically became a fish. He opened his mouth a few times to speak but just closed it. He kept fidgeting with his hair and then gulped. "Um.. if it's not.. too  wrong to ask.. do you two already have temptains? If you do.. um.. how'd you get them..? I-I'm sorry if it's not something you l-like talking about I was just.. curious.."

@Quark

Noya seemed to be a rather polite person, was what went through Akira's mind. Some people were rather casual and would have felt a little awkwar about the handshake. Yet... she couldn't help but look back towards the boy as they were walking down the corridor on the lookout for their classroom. She leaned a little closer towards Shun. "Hey... you think he's a bit too scared... he's not bullied, is he?" Shun's eyes shifted a little. The other boy did indeed look rather uncomfortable. He hoped it wasn't because he and Akira had insisted on having him walking with them. 

Before he did speak, the boy had asked them a question. One that made Akira's shoulders tense immediately. On cue, Shun tried to speak up as quick as possible to distract Noya's sight away from Akira. "Ahh! Yes! Yes." he scratched the back of his head. "I don't remember too much about it though, since it was done at a rather young age." he said, recalling that it was a tradition in his family to come in contact with a demon, whether the child later on would become an exorcist or not. "Similar to Akira. So we can see them. How about you, Noya, have you...?" He looked at Noya expectantly while both teenagers' footsteps slowed a little

@Past Paradise Tears

Noya Morimachi

He blinked, gulping as he knew he shouldn't have asked. He gave a little nod before he tried to think. "M-me? Oh.. um.. it's a complicated story.. J-just.. pretend something dramatic happened and it'll be fine" He quickly waved it off and sped up a little. He was bad at hiding since his grandfather always chewed him out for not telling the truth to people. On top of being a nervous wreck he was a bad liar and obviously clumsy as he tripped almost twice in 3 minutes already.

@Quark

Shun Tsujimoto & Akira Kou

Akira's attention was shifted when Noya had spoken. She tilted her head while Shun gave a confused look about his rather vague answer. The last part of his words didn't really make sense. Being equally sharp, Akira made a small hand gesture when Noya had sped past them by walking rather quickly. 

He's hiding something. 

Shun could read through her eyes and her hand movement. He shook his head though, thinking that perhaps it was best to just leave it, to which Akira couldn't disagree though both were curious. He looked at the back of Noya's head, before realising that they were going to approach an intersection. "Ah!" he suddenly spoke up again, forgetting about just seconds earlier. "Um... which way do we go now..."

@Past Paradise Tears

Noya Morimachi

Noya looked over at the duo and then looked to the left and right and wandered over towards the left path. He was actually following the scent of people, adults to be more specifically. "What's the number of our class?" He asked as he didn't remember it now that he was concentrating on the smell coming from the left hallway.

@Quark

"Number four," Akira answered immediately. She made a small grimace to herself. "What an unlucky number." she muttered before rethinking about Noya's words again. "Wait, we're the same class?" she asked. Shun seemed rather relieved. "Oh, that's nice. I didn't know that we would meet someone from our class so soon," he said, before looking left and right as well. He was partially worried before that the kids from the city would be very different from the kids that Akira and Shun had known since they were living in the rather isolated town of Asakami. 

"Maybe we could try this way?" he offered, pointing towards the left. 

@Past Paradise Tears

Noya Morimachi

"Yes, I am.. now that I remember." He nodded before he continued his journey to the left. "I-I'm already going left..." He said quietly, looking at the numbers on the few doors. "H-here's 10... ours must be down this hall!" He said, looking a bit more excited but still awkward and nervous. He eventually reached the classroom 4 and knocked out of habit before opening the door. He stuck his head inside before pulling the door fully open. "It's e-empty..." He said, a bit relieved.

(@Quark and anyone who'd be in class 4)

Shun and Akira looked at each other as they quickened their pace to catch up the few steps to Noya. "You sure...?" Shun was going to as before Noya had pointed out the numbers on the side. It did seem like they were on the right track, though this place seemed like a maze at times. "Oh, you were right," Shun said, while he and Akire beamed a smile as they walked in after Noya had knocked. 

He looked around a little, seeing the rather old podium before walking to a front row seat. "I think I want to sit in the front, so it's easier to see the board...." he murmured to himself. At that time Akira had walked towards the window. Opening it, she leaned over to look down. It was a general habit of hers, from her hobby of practicing parkour. "Hey Shun, I think we can jump down from here." she said. The red-haired boy merely laughed uneasily before turning towards Noya. "Oh yeah, Noya-kun, what kind of meister are you thinking of being?" he asked curiously. He figured since they found the classroom fairly soon, some small chat wouldn't do any harm.

@Past Paradise Tears

Noya Morimachi

He sat down on a desk at the front, tilting his head. "I can jump from the roof" Noya murmured to Akira like it was a normal thing, meaning he already tried. He then turned towards Shun. "Um.. I don't know... I know I can summon or use guns.. I use ice..." He said quietly, fidgeting. He just hoped they wouldn't question how as it probably wasn't a normal thing.

@Quark

"Oh, is that so?" Akira's expression was suddenly unreadable, as though she was observing Noya when he had spoke up. She couldn't finger out what was his point of saying that. Was that a challenge for who can jump down higher? She walked over towards the two boys and sat down with them, though on the second row to join in on the conversation. Both Akira and Shun had a look of interest. "Ice? How does that work?" Akira was the first to ask, being the one more interested in the offensive part of exorcism. 

"Summons and guns," Shun nodded to himself. "Ah, so you can be a tamer or a dragoon. That's impressive." he said. Having more than one aspect of combat was always handy. 

@Past Paradise Tears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back