• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blood Courtiers

Ichabod almost laughed as he spoke, instead of his enchanted son. His voice was surprisingly warm and calm now.

“Really sorry. Even if he would realize you were offering that to him, he couldn’t take it… but thank you, nonetheless. I really appreciate your kindness. Eat it all up, and don’t worry. I made sure that Amos already had his fill before we left…”

Then, even Ichabod’s attention was firmly grabbed by the wonderful performance, too, and all three vampires kept silence, just staring at the stage. Even though they were not mortals anymore, they were also absorbed by the supreme acting.

Amos was practically vibrating from excitement, embracing Ganyemedes tight, watching the play with twinkling eyes. Sometimes, he formed the words too, silently, taken entirely with Prospero…

Tibor somehow acted easier towards the end of the play. Like his lover calmed down… or felt more taken with him than with his fear. Whatever it was caused by. It became increasingly less difficult to focus on the role. Even with this, the Toreador performed well, still acting from his heart, taking souls and hearts from the enchanted audience. He even felt the hateful glare soften, then disappear, only true amazement and satisfaction remained.

He succeeded. He was sure he succeeded.

Tibor finished the play with all of his heart, still overshadowing every single other person on the stage. No one seemed to mind, and even them cheered for the vampire as he bowed before the curtains. The actor was soaking in the love of the audience, and felt it strengthened him, truly injecting life into his veins. He was smiling, sure that Ganyemedes felt the same, too, trying to pour some of his happiness into his lover’s heart.

He stood, straight and proud, as people started to toss flowers to the stage, in the middle of the rose rain, sincerely elated himself…

Then, a slither of danger. A looming advance.

Tibor moved quick, but still not inhumanly, gracefully catching and grabbing at the golden projectile, aimed at him. He had to muffle back the scream as the sharp end of the rose pierced his palm; the actor just closed his injured left around the stalk, staring at the best lodge for a moment. He was sure the Prince threw this, the inhuman strength and precise aim told him as much… and when he looked down on the rose, he shivered.

It was a beautifully crafted, pure gold rose. The blossoms crushed around the single, red ruby in the pistil. Even the stalk was bent, and not by the force it was thrown with…

Tibor froze up from the inside, even as he bowed deeply, to hide his frightened expression, turn it into one of thanksgiving.

This wasn’t a gift of honour.

This was a warning…

If it were not for the headache, Ganyemedes would not have finished the tea, nor the chocolates. But he was calmer now, he forced himself to be, by thinking only of Tibor, and the affection he held for the actor in his heart. He tried to act like he did on the first night he had ever seen Tibor perform; and it was working.

When Tibor ended his performance, Ganyemedes clapped enthusiastically. Though he knew it was not proper, and rather uncouth of him, he placed two fingers to his mouth and whistled loudly. He did not have to even attempt to push the thoughts out of his mind. Instead, he only felt elation in his heart.

But when he saw the golden rose, for it was obviously a rose, his heart sank. It flew through the air elegantly, a if it were a practiced motion. The Greek could not help but think that it moved through the air like an arrow, ready to pierce. It was obviously aimed for Tibor; and Tibor caught it with surprising ease. It also obviously came from the best lodge, which made the gesture somehow disturbing, were it innocent. The Greek suspected otherwise.

Ganyemedes squinted, and could not make out the real shape of the golden rose. But there was something wrong about it. For one, he could see the stem was bent, distorted out of shape, and as crooked as the man who threw it. Doubt and dread filled the youth's heart, as he worried. Maybe Tibor had a real reson to be nervous for the perfomance tonight: more than just money; more than just impressing a man of high standing. Perhaps Ganyemedes' suspicions were right, and the youth across from them in the best lodge was Tibor's nephew or some relation.

But he beamed instead, and continued to clap. He turned to Amos. "That was spectauclar."

Ganyemedes needed to chat with Tibor when they got home.

None of the vampires commented on the improper whistle – not like Ganyemedes was the only one expressing their elation in any way other than clapping. Besides, their attention was evidently focused on the same event which made Ganyemedes worried…

Amos was tense in the Greek youth’s lap, leaning forward. He even forgot to clap, just stared at the rose in Tibor’s hand. He saw more than the human eyes could see… and he could smell the blood from the piercing injury. The small blood mage tightened his embrace around the fair boy, still not crushing, just clinging to Ganyemedes. His eyes were blown wide, which could have been an expression of wonder, too…

…but Amos was borderline shaking as he held into the elder-looking boy. Karas looked at them, and sighed. For him, the gift from the Prince was only a congratulations piece, but he could still smell the ancient blood. He knew that smell far too well…

He stood up, putting his giant paw on Ganyemedes’ shoulder.

“Hey, kids. What do you say to getting backstage, to congratulate our rose lord?” he asked, with a half-hearted laughter. “I can get you in. A badge does wonders, and I think you two would be very happy to visit him…”

Tibor just smiled and bowed until the point he felt he couldn’t do that any more. The golden rose stalk piercing his palm ached dully, as his body tried to heal even the meagre injury… he couldn’t let anyone to see that. Neither the fact he was injured by the golden projectile. He just smiled, beamed and bowed, then, as soon as he could, he left the stage, still clenching his hand around the golden stalk so the wound wouldn’t be so glaring.

He knew too well that the Prince hit exactly where he aimed. Not only with the rose reaching him… but where and how it pierced his left hand.

Not many people or vampires realized he was left handed. He was ambidextrous by this time, actually… but in combat, Tibor always favoured his left hand, using his sword or spear with that hand. Evidently, the Prince made a note of it.

A normal human would have been crippled. The golden stalk pierced the fleshy part between the pointer finger and his thumb, severing the tendon, too. There was a definite warning in the gesture, something that made Tibor’s blood run icy cold in his dead veins. Not only the injury – that was nothing for a vampire. As soon as he got safely into his dressing room, he pulled the rose stalk out, and let it close up, licking the wound clear. The taste of his own blood somehow felt rotting, now… even if he knew this is just association. Tibor stared at the once so perfect golden rose, with hands shaking.

There was a definite outline of fingers on the crushed blossoms. The Prince had large hands, with elegantly long but quite thick fingers; a hand of a warrior, not an artist. These imprints were of an elegant, fragile hand; long, thin fingers crushing that rose in agony. The ruby in the middle somehow made this worse.

The actor raised the rose to his face, and smelled it. It was cold, and he still felt the trace of his own blood on it… and nothing else. Someone cleaned the rose thoroughly before it was thrown… but somehow, he felt the artefact wasn’t broken up until recently. He was shaking from emotions.

He has to stop. He must. If the Prince knows… he cannot risk Ganyemedes…

With the performance over, Ganyemedes had no source to distract himself; his thoughts began to plague him once more. It was almost unbearable, how loud they were; this time, he was not as concerned with the horrific images he saw; though the sight of the youth bent over the table, and the image his raw shoulder exposed to the air disturbed him, bubbling like a viscous, boiling liquid, these were not the thoughts that concerned him.

The Greek youth felt that before him there was more going on; that there was a riddle to be solved. The rose, to Tibor, was not just a rose, but a symbol. The Prince giving him a golden rose meant something; and the picture he recieved, with the rose covered church, the familiar figure, and the ominous, looming shadow meant something. But he had not figured out what it all meant.

While everyone continued clapping, he pulled out the picture from the breast pocket, which he had folded very carefully. But as he unfolded the paper, he wanted to scream in anguish. The wonderful, but cryptic picture, his visual message, was gone. It was just a mess of indistinct smudges. Though the claw marks and the nail imprints remained.

Again he felt his heart drop. This picture never would have survived the tearing and the clawing. It was created after the matter, after the claws and the nails. After...

This was a bigger message than he previously thought.

He was staring at the now partially grey page with a furrowed brow, when Karas asked if they wanted to go backstage and see Tibor. "Yes," he said, a bit more forceful than he intended. He swallowed, and spoke more softly. "Yes, I would love to congratulate him." His voice was more flat than he expected, so he forced a smile.

Ganyemedes hugged Amos, and realizes he was shaking. Now he had emotion in his voice, as his worry changed. "Are you all right? Come on. Let's go. Might make you feel better." He smiled, and it almost reached his eyes.

Karas raised his eyebrow, looking at the grey smudge on the papers. His face was mildly confused, then he nodded. He looked at Ichabod.

“You don’t mind, right? I’ll take your son, too. I think he would be elated.”

“All right. I don’t want to go into that crowd, if you don’t mind, Daniel. But if Amos is willing…”

The small mage nodded, still clinging forcefully to Ganyemedes.

“I… I’ll be all right… I just want to see Tibor…” his voice was interlacing with worry. “Can we?...”

“Of course, kiddo. Let’s go. You might want to grab into my jacket so I won’t lose you….” Karas showed the way, quiet and fast, breaching the crowd easily, with the two “boys” in tow, flashing his badge when needed…

Tibor was almost shaking as he opened his palm in his dressing room, inspecting the wound. It wasn’t really serious for a vampire… but for a human, it would have made taking up a sword painful or impossible.

The actor sight as he pulled out the rose, letting the pierced wound close up fast. A moment, and it was gone, leaving only a drop of his blood behind. The vampire absent-mindedly licked it down, then reached for a wet napkin, and quickly cleaned the bent rose from his own blood. He didn’t start to change, though. He only washed down the heavy make-up, and hit himself in the face again, same places, letting the injuries heal a bit more. He was anxious, feeling some turmoil from Ganyemedes. The boy was very upset. Maybe he was intimidated by that three?...

Knocking on his door. Familiar, strong raps. The vampire sighed and stood up from the mirror, opening the door, and smiled tiredly, then happily as he realized who is there…

Ganyemedes felt like a child as he held onto the mosnter of a vampire, Karas. He held onto Amos as well, helping the boy through the crowd. He almost felt guily as Karas flashed his badge. He was using his close acquaintance (he would not call them friends quite yet, though Amos definitely was a friend.) But it was for good reason. He needed that comfort right now, that feeling of his arms wrapped around the taller man's neck, his arms around him, He would say his warmth but Tibor was always colder than him

The Greek was becoming more and more sure of the conncetion between Tibor and the youth in the best lodge. The roses were haunting him. It felt like there was a cloud in his head, with lightning bolts of invasive thoughts: the Prince, the youth, the third man, the raw shoulder, the picture, the roses...

When Karas oened the door, Ganyemedes did not hesitate. He pushed past the broad man and flung his arms around Tibor. For a moment he nuzzled into the vampire's neck. He took in his mild scent, and tried to relax; but tears welled up in his eyes, and he had to blink them away. They fell on the vampire's neck, warm compare to his cold skin. Ganyemedes leaned up and whispered softly in the actor's ear. "We need to talk when we get home."

Whe he pulled away he beamed a smile at his lover. It was almost believable, as a shine came back into his once flat eyes. "You were spectacular! Absolutely stunning. I am so proud. Well, proud and blown away." He stepped back a bit, untangling himself from Tibor, even though he did not want to yet. He wanted to be by his side still, close to him as ever.

“Thank you! I was playing for you… I hoped you will enjoy it like this…”

Tibor hadn’t intended to really let Ganyemedes go. He pulled the boy back closer, sensing his inner struggles, the pain, and he was sincerely worried and scared by it. What would have happened while he was in the backstage then on the stage? Whatever it was, his lover was hurt by it, and Tibor could only embrace the boy with his arms, kissing his face softly. He nodded at his words.

“I thought so… so we will go home as soon as possible. And right now I would think you need hugs and cuddles….” he whispered, leaning to Ganyemedes’ ears. “I need them, too. Let’s get home. Right now.”

Amos hugged them both, almost cheerfully now, and raised his small, slender hand to touch Tibor’s left. He talked in Hebrew.

“How is your hand? I saw you got injured…”

“It is all right. Flesh wound. Mended it as soon as possible…” Tibor hesitated. The Greek boy looked shaken… and Amos was more nervous than usual. He asked the question just as he answered, still in Hebrew, hugging Ganyemedes tight. “What happened?...”

“It wasn’t father. They got along surprisingly well. Father even offered him he can use our library. I think he likes him.”

“Then what?” the vampire pulled the two youths closer to himself, drawing them to sit down on the sofa. He also nodded towards Karas, who entered entirely, closing the door and depositing himself in the armchair. Amos sighed.

“We saw his Grace. He brought Carsten, fed him chocolate, sat him on his lap and watched him draw… and Lukas came. I watched his aura. Maybe Ganyemedes saw that too… it was striped with black. It scared me. Scared him. He was doing a strange thing, too.”

“A strange thing?”

“He touched his father’s trophy. Undressed him half. His Grace was seething. Lukas said he just wanted to help his enjoyment as usual. Then the Prince became even angrier, and sent him away… and Lukas was so brown and red and black veined all over…”

Tibor shuddered. He knew what black veins in the aura meant. Diablerie. Amaranth. It was a sin. And Lukas…

…wait, undressing Carsten? That didn’t make sense. Tibor knew for a fact the Prince’s elder son prefers females. Even in death, he courted Amanda, using her as arm candy…

“Did you tell anyone?”

“I told it to his Grace. He said he knew. That it will be all right. We shouldn’t concern ourselves with it…”

Tibor sighed, looking at the Gangrel Primogen, who watched the exchange without understanding the words.

“Sorry, Daniel… but… I am drained. Can you just drive us home?”

“Of course. After a performance like this, I am not even surprised. And I got a call about Freedom lurking around. Maybe the mansion is better right now. Let’s go, kids, you can cling on him in the car, too…”

Ganyemedes calmed, especially when he was pulled back into Tibor's arms. Not only was he calmed by the Majesty as well as the Awe, he was calmed by mundane things: Tibor's reassuring words; his soft kisses; his arm wrapped around his waist. Tibor calmed him; Tibor was his rock in a tempest. And he didn't mind how dependent he was of him, in these moments. He wanted to cling to him with all of his life blood, until his veins ran cold and he died.

It had been less than twenty-four hours and he loved this man.

He simply hoped their affair would not end like other famous lover's whose affairs started so quickly. Romeo and Juliet flitted to mind, given the Shakespearean tale he had just witnessed. But they would be different.

The Greek listened to the foreign words, with his arm placed int the small of Tibor's back. He rested his head against the shoulder of his lover, letting his eyes close as he listened to what he expected to be Hebrew. So far that was at least four languages that Tibor knew. He wondered how many more the man could speak or write.

As he relaxed he pondered the meaning of those words. He could hear the worry and concery in both, and felt a light tremor through Tibor's body. He looked up at the vampire, eyes half open. He was tired, after having such a strong panic attack. But he saw the concern in his lover's face, and leaned up to kiss his cheek softly.

Whe he was dragged to the couch, he did not mind. At that point he wrapped his arms around Tibor's neck, and buried his face in the taller man's shoulder. The invasive thoughts were mostly gone, though he shivered when something resurfaced in his mind, and his heart darkened.

When they were told to get ready and go to the car, Ganyemedes was the first to rise. He held out his hand for Tibor and tried to smile, though his eyes were dark, and neither with mischief nor pleasure. They were dark with what he saw, reflections dancing across his eyes. "Let's go." He said softly

But he turned to Karas and frowned. "I don't like what I keep hearing about this Freedom character. Twice you mentioned him possibly hurting Tibor, and now him lurking about? He sounds... unsavory at the very least, and dangerous at the worst."

Tibor smiled, and pulled Ganyemedes closer, hiding the broken rose inside his jacket. He was trying to hide how upset he himself was still. He couldn’t really make sense of what the small blood mage just told him, really. The Prince knew about his son’s sin? Amaranth was a grave offense. Maybe, it happened under the siege. After all, that was a real mess, with the actor himself being attacked by a too grievously injured Amos and drained from blood… actually, the boy drank so much before he was able to stop himself, that Tibor might have fallen into torpor if Palrus didn’t offer him his own blood. And what deep, black and potent that was…

…what if Lukas got injured and drained one of his attackers? It was feasible. Then it would make sense, the Prince not caring about his elder son’s sin. Given how much he loved them and doted on them, he might have forgiven it either way…

…The Prince said he already knew. Given the warning he just got, that might be both by Lukas simply telling him, or…

Palrus knows Auspex?!

It was disturbing. While the Prince was certainly old enough to learn that art if he pleased, with Carsten, Tibor suspected a more horrifying reason. If the Prince indeed drank from the elder Toreador, he might have gained more than that…

No. No way he will endanger Ganyemedes if the Prince is able to see this much.

“Freedom is a pest” he told the boy, smiling. Amos made a short noise of distress, and suddenly hugged both of them, again, shaking his head.

“No!”

“Freedom, and I don’t think it is his real name, is indeed a pest, an unsavoury and dangerous one” Karas sighed. “Gang leader. I do not know if you were in the country, or heard about it, but Tanwen experienced a very serious bout of violence and gang wars going on. It was very dangerous for a few weeks, even we took care of the situation. Police caught all gang members and leaders, most are still under lock. We couldn’t tie Freedom to either gangs or crimes definitely, though, so we couldn’t apprehend him. But a few members of his gang vandalized the theatre, and Tibor gave us enough evidence and help to take out quite a big part of Freedom’s gang. So maybe you understand that I am worried for him. Even if the police never publicized it, and none of us told, Freedom is smart enough to add two and two. Let me get you home. The mansion is safe. I will take you to the car then go and collect Ichabod. I hope he didn’t find Sasha, or the other way around, otherwise I have to take you home alone, Amos…”

“It will be fine” said the mage on a small voice, still clinging to the other two, as they left the dressing room and headed out of the theatre…

Ganyemedes noticed the rose as Tibor slipped it into his pocket. It was bent as he had seen before, distorted out of shape and into some twisted malfeasance. He knew all the roses were connected in one giant bramble that grew around his heart and worried him immensely. It could not be a coincidence. It was far too convenient.

He listened to Karas carefully, a grimace growing on his face. The youth nodded at the mention of the crime wave in Tanwen. "Oh yes, I recall. I was out of the country but kept a close eye on it, since we have a major headquarters here."

When Karas mentioned the vandalization, he turned to Tibor without letting his lover go. "He vandalized your theater? Bastard anyhow." He held a steely cold look in his eyes, one that befit his face quite naturally, with his dark eyes and high cheekbones. But it was a disturbing look, one of a silent, cold rage. The Greek thought that anyone who was low enough to vandalize a theater (of all places) was worthy of his disgust and hatred.

But he smiled at Amos and he was dragged out of the dressing room. The youth was finally relaxing. Though the thunderbolts of thoughts plagued him, they were more a distant storm, rather than a threatening presence. He kept his hand wrapped around Tibor's waist, clinging to him desperately still. He felt like if they separated, all those thoughts would come flying back to him. That he would feel that dread, and that awful ringing in his ears...

"I'm sure it will be fine. In fact, I am conident of our two friends' abilites. And if I need, I can try desperately not to hit myself in the face if I need to go for a punch." He laughed at himself. He knew fighting better than that, though if mainly with a sword in his hand. Though he had the strangest feeling that he knew a bit of hand to hand as well, if the situation were dire enough.

The ringing in his head started again, and Ganyemedes had to pinch the bridge of his nose to get it to stop. He wondered if it was withdrawal from his medication, since it had been so long since he had last taken it. But somehow he knew better than that. Whatever this ringing was, it was more diabolical than a simple headache.

The actor was thankful for Ganyemedes staying close to him. Dread was still clenching his heart somehow, making him cling into the boy with worry. He knew his lover didn’t feel all right now… and this scared him. What could have happened? After all, he left the boy with his friends for a reason. That was the safest thing possible; Karas was a very kind and protective soul, named the sheriff for a very good reason. And while Amos wouldn’t be so friendly normally, he seemed to take to the Greek boy… Besides that, Ichabod wouldn’t have stood for watching someone belonging to one of his friends getting hurt…

Something still happened. Something bad. In connection what Amos said, Ganyemedes…

…oh hell. Ganyemedes saw that too. They will need to talk… Tibor hugged the Greek youth tightly.

“Oh I am sure” laughed Karas, opening the door of the oldtimer. “Sit in, all of you. I will try and drag your father here too, Amos. Be nice until then, and stay with them, okay?”

The young mage nodded, clinging to Ganyemedes now. When they sat inside, the boy scuttled into the fair youth’s lap, resting his legs on Tibor’s thighs, too, and looked up at Ganyemedes, concerned.

“You don’t feel well! But I can help! I will make your ouchie go away!” he declared, excitedly, and raised his left hand, smiling. Tibor watched him, shocked. He never saw Amos behave like this, ever. It was half disturbing and half adorable, knowing what power the small blood mage wielded…

Amos giggled, as he laid his left pointer gently on Ganyemedes’ forehead.

“Dad always did this to me when I was small. Or mom had a headache. It really works!” he said, and closed his eyes, concentrating. Tibor could see his aura moving. It was surprising, the boy actually using his magic… “Arm-carm, Fairy's Palm, you will be healed with this charm!”

Power moved and turned…

Tibor always seemed to know exactly when Ganyemedes needed a hug. The older man squeezed him a bit tighter, and the youth felt his heart calm and warm. He closed his eyes and allowed himself the small pleasure of nuzzling Tibor's cheek. His skin was cool, almost cold. But he was getting used to it. It was almost nice, compared to the warmth of his own skin.

When they got into the car, Ganyemedes pressed himself against Tibor as much as was comfortable. He took the vampire's hand and held it tightly, perhaps too tightly. He smiled reassuringly at Tibor, as though he knew that Tibor was aware, aware of what Ganyemedes had seen. If he was right, and the two were relations, he might need as much comfort as the youth in the end.

The the young Kronn jumped in the Greek youth's lap and smiled. He chittered like a bird, and this made Ganyemedes laugh. "All right, try your little charm, Amos." He closed his eyes and let the young mage place his finger to the pale forehead.

As the mage did his spell, Ganyemedes felt his headache lighten. It felt like someone took light and pread it through the darkness. The thoughts did not calm perse, but the dark clumps that were the source of the headache dissipated. He opened his eyes and smiled at the younger Kronn. He smiled, and cupped Amos' face with a smile. "Thank you. That helped." The Greek youth tucked the boy under his chin and hugged him tight for a moment.

It suddenly occurred to him how selfish he was being. Amos had seen the rape as well. He had even had the courage to go over and talk to that sick bastard. He seemed chirpy after the fact, but Ganyemedes knew how traumatizing it could have been. He knew how much it hurt for him. Though he somehow imagined things were different for him. The headache did not appear again, but the ringing did.

He let go of the mage and smiled down at him. The fair youth grabbed his lover's hand once more and squeezed it again. He glanced to Tibor, and let his heart open up, unabashedly. He stared at the older man for a moment, tilting his head. Ganyemedes wanted to kiss him, deeply, longingly, slowly. But he would wait until they got home. He did not want to disturb Amos.

He did not want to have this conversattion with Tibor, either.

Tibor couldn’t decide what he should feel. It was almost disturbing, watching Amos place his little charm, while knowing what horrors those lithe fingers can cast with a flick… And yet, he didn’t have the heart to object. Amos seemed to concentrate so much, so caringly. So sincerely. He evidently knew as well that something was wrong, and tried to help the best he could. It was twistedly adorable.

And whatever power that inane charm laid, it seemed to work. The actor could feel the pressure from Ganyemedes somehow alleviate, move and change. It was still there, with a heavy presence, but somehow differently.

The boy smiled up at the fair youth, beaming, then curled up in the two elder’s lap, not unlike a kitten. He was small enough to fit comfortable, laying his head into Ganyemedes’ lap.

“I am glad! I am still a bit afraid…”

He didn’t explain why. The Toreador pulled the Greek youth closer, giving him an almost chaste, light kiss over the smiling boy in their lap. He touched his face with his free hand.

He wanted to tell him so much. But he didn’t dare it. Not yet. Not here, where Amos could hear them. After all, the boy understood every language he could use with his lover… and Tibor wanted that to be private. So he just nuzzled the boy’s neck gently.

The door opened, and Karas sat behind the wheel, grumbling.

“Sorry, kid. Sasha got there first. I doubt Ichabod ever realized I am there. They were too busy debating some kind of star wheel. So I’ll take you home alone now. Okay, lovebirds, we are leaving, right now. Grab into something. That could be each other’s knees, yes…” and he turned the key. The motor elegantly coughed, then revved up. “Let’s get all of you home, fast…”

Ganyemedes sighed and stroked Amos' hair. Though he wondered why he was still scared. He had been fine after talking to the Prince, so perhaps it was not that. In fact, the moment that Amos had first become frightened, outside the theater, was when he looked over to the crowd. In that crowd, he had seen the man that came in with the file. And Amos was obviously not afraid of the Prince.

Who was that man?

He must have looked concerned as Tibor pulled him in for a chaste kiss. He relaxed a their lips met, and allowed himself to gently cup Tibor's face. He ran his thumb long the older man's cheekbone before he sperated, due to Karas entering.

With a frown, Ganyemedes continued stroked Amos' hair. "I'm sorry. I find that terribly rude. I'd offer to stay with you, but..." he quickly thought up an excuse. "But I am sure your father would like you home. And I wouldn't want to burden Daniel anymore than necessary."

At the mention of grabbing onto something, Ganye held Amos closer, and wrapped an arm around Tibor. "Am I going to see your infamous driving, Daniel? And the queston is, will I survive it?" He laughed lightly. Now the thoughts were mostly gone. Ganye was now coldy categorizing them into how he would present each point to Tibor, and how he would prevent himself from breaking down midway. That would be the hardest, maintianing an air of cold disconnection. He was sure... He was sure he could not do it.

Tibor smiled into the kiss, a bit more happily. He enjoyed the soft intimacy, the warmth of his lover so much. Strangely, even that lithe and oh-so-cold body felt nice in their lap, in spite of making Ganyemedes visibly a tad apprehensive. Tibor knew the young mage was a bit tense still, but he also knew he would be anyway. It was a god damned wonder Amos talked and touched Ganyemedes on his own accord. Somehow, it made Tibor proud.

He sighed as Daniel told them the bad news. He should have thought about that; if Sasha came to the theatre, or anywhere he could meet with Ichabod, they always ended up passionately arguing until dawn. Usually, Amos would stay, even if only as a silent spectator… now, he seemed to be determined to stay with them instead, as long as he could. It was adorable.

Amos looked up, touching Ganyemedes’s hand on his hair, caressing it with a happy smile.

“It is all right. Technically, I am the one who is leaving without asking for permission… and… Robert is home.”

“Robert is their butler” supplied Daniel readily.

“He is my father’s pupil!”

“Yeah, right. He also does housework. And do not worry, kid. I will stay with him anyway until Ichabod calls for me. He cannot get home otherwise. I can watch him read just as expertly as his father does” laughed the gigantic man. “I am a good babysitter. I won’t even watch TV. They don’t have one, actually. And yes, Ganyemedes. So buckle up. You will love this.”

Amos shuddered, pulling closer to Ganyemedes now. Tibor visibly gulped, frantically grabbing the safety belt. He also made the small blood mage sit up, between them, and strapped him in, too.

“Put the belt on. Seriously. He is a madman!...” he whispered to his lover. He wasn’t overacting right now; although he was glad that they will be home in minutes, he was not overly fond of the maniac driving style. He could have sworn the car was enchanted every time. “I am always afraid he will crash…”

“Oh shush. I never did!...” laughed Karas, stepping on the gas. The city lights’ dots turned into stripes…

Ganyemedes nodded, satisfied with Daniel's answer. "All right. I don't want him to be alone. Even if it is just with you and Robert." He smiled down at Amos and mouthed the word "Sorry."

But when everyone began clambering for their seatbelts, the youth laughed. "He can't be that bad." But nonetheless, he went for his seatbelt, and buckled it. He was apprehensive, but also excited. He loved the feeling of adrenaline rushing through his syetm. It would help erase those damn thoughts.

He laughed as they took off, speeding down the road. The youth had the impulse to roll down the windows, and feel that strong wind buffering against his face. He grabbed Tibor's hand and beamed. "Oh come on, old man. Did you forget how to live?"

Amos was smiling back in earnest, clinging to Ganyemedes’ side. He seemed almost disturbingly happy – at least Tibor certainly thought so, almost quivering in his seat. The diminutive blood mage didn’t seem to care about the speed growing frighteningly quickly. He just looked up to the Greek youth.

“It is all right! But you will be all right? Owie gone from your head?” he asked quietly, nuzzling the fair boy’s shoulder. The gesture was freakily adorable. Almost managed to take up the actor’s attention entirely. Almost.

Tibor yelped, and clung to Ganyemedes’ hand, almost whimpering. He had dire flashbacks of his last automobile ride with Sasha. With the Brujah Primogen Karas taught how to drive. It ended up in a vile crash, and although it wasn’t entirely Sasha’s fault, Tibor still shuddered. He couldn’t imagine how his lover could enjoy this horrifically fast speed.

“Oh, I can vividly feel how to live right now. Like not being crushed into pulp!”

He jumped a bit, yelping as the windows suddenly rolled off, the wind making the speed even more frightening. Amos giggled between them, still clinging to the Greek boy. Tibor wouldn’t believe his eyes.

Karas was laughing deeply.

“That’s it, kid! See? This is pleasure!” he yelled, handling the wheel with oiled ease. “Do you like it?...”

With a laugh, Ganyemedes grabbed and wrapped an arm around Amos, still holding onto Tibor's clutching hand. "I am fine, thank you, little mage." He did not know the implications of his words, but still he smiled. His arm wrapped around Amos, he squeezed him close, holding the smaller boy close.

Ganyemedes was an only child. He had no brothers, no sisters, and no cousins. It was why his grandfather and grandmother doted on him so much. He still rememebred them fondly from when he was so little. In fact, it made him nearly sad that he could not continue on his bloodline; he would never be intimate with a woman.

But now, he felt like he had a family again. He had Amos, whom he was felt was his brother. Karas he felt affection toward, as well. And then there was steely Ichabod, who seemed to be warming up quickly. And Dana almost felt like a sister, if their prank war would indeed at some point start.

Ever since his mother passed, not long after his grandparents, his father was stricken with grief, and never was the same. He was no longer playful, no longer affectionate, and quite distant. Ganyemedes found himself clinging to his uncle, who became more...

The ringing in his head started again, louder than ever before. He tried to blink it away, but this time it persisted. The ringing would not stop this time, but it came with no headache, due to the mage's spell. He did not remember. He did not remember. This disturbed him.

Ganyemedes dismissed the thoughts as Tibor spoke. His frown quickly turned into a smile as he out right laughed at his lover. As the windows rolled down, he threw the arm wrapped around Amos into the air and gave a loud yell of excitement. He leaned over and kissed Tibor's cheek after that. "It will be fine. But I have got to do something first."

The Greek youth pulled away with a mischievious grin. "Yeah, Daniel," he spoke over the roaring wind, "I love it! But can you go any faster? I don't think Tibor is having any fun yet." He turned to Tibor and flashed him a dangerous smile, and winked his twinkling blue eyes at his lover.

This would get him Hell after the car ride was done, but it would be worth it for the adorable yelps. He would make it up to him later.

“You are most welcome! I wish I could take even the rest away…”

Amos was giggling, holding the living youth tightly, his lithe arms wrapped around Ganyemedes with an excitement that was so strange and unexpected from the diminutive blood mage that Tibor felt like he shouldn’t believe his eyes. The actor wanted to concentrate on that, how extraordinary and almost jealousy-inducing that sight was, the thin, sickly looking boy in the gothic attire clinging to his lover…

…but he couldn’t. He was afraid too much of this situation; which was almost strange. After all, he could certainly run as fast as this, and he was never afraid then. At that case, he could react better; he was controlling the circumstances. He could adjust, even when he reached the peak with Celerity, moving faster than the eye could see. Still, the carriage was a moving, unyielding death trap.

Which would also ruin his suit. He still shuddered, remembering that poor Gaultier piece.

Tibor was sulking as Ganyemedes laughed on him, kind of openly. Then yelped, as Karas obeyed to the boy, stepping on the gas laughing boomingly.

“No, please don’t!”

“Oh, come on, Tibor! Your boyfriend enjoys it, let him!” smirked the sheriff, and when he moved the wheel to evade a collision, the Toreador yelped, clutching the boy’s hand even more tightly. “Now that is just overacting! This suv wasn’t even close!”

The actor thought otherwise, seeing the other driver’s paling face still. The poor guy must have pissed himself…

“Not even close? I could have shaken hands with the chaffeur” he yelped again, as a pole swerved dangerously close. The most disturbing was Amos’ very uncharacteristic giggling the whole time, and Ganyemedes’ delight. He looked at the boys, somehow incredulously. “How can you enjoy this horrific danger?...”

Ganyemedes laughed and turned to Tibor. His blonde hair whipped around him wildly, and he looked ecstatic. Finally the ringing was gone. Finally those thoughts were gone. Adrenaline burst through his veins like his spark of life. He radiated warmth and excitement.

"That's why it is so fun!" Ganyemedes laughed, looking at Tibor. He turned forward and continued to smile. "There is nothing more exciting than horror, and the prospect of death. It is the greatest adventure of all time."

Though the youth never considered himself suicidal, he did think about death a lot, for being so young. He had always felt that it had loomed over him, like a giant cloud ready to settle in as a damning fog. Perhaps it was the death of his mother and his granparents when he was so very young. It kept him preoccupied some days; and he always felt like he would die young.

But the bone crushing grip on his hand reminided him that he was still very alive, and could still feel pain. He leaned into Tibor and kissed his cheek again. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize."

Ganyemedes then turned to Daniel. "Hey, could we slow down? I think Tibor has had enough fun." He turned towards his lover again and smiled, though sympathetic this time. He mouthed the word, "Sorry."

Tibor was torn. It was amazing, feeling how warm and overjoyed Ganyemedes was, but his own fear, mixed with the icy cold horror of the simple thought, ‘Palrus knows’, became a very heavy stone in his chest.

He was afraid now, and the gripping emotion made very hard to enjoy Ganyemedes’ happiness… he didn’t dare to utter a word any more in protest, though. He didn’t want to ruin the boy’s mood… but the actor was so terrified he couldn’t at least not grasp his lover’s hand. He held it tight, even more when death was mentioned…

…the boy was right, he couldn’t deny it. His death was the best thing happening to him, his death and rebirth, but he knew that Ganyemedes had no idea about their nature yet, and so, hearing that from his mouth was very dark and disturbing. Even Amos seemed to think that, suddenly burying his face into Ganyemedes’ shoulder, visibly scared and taken aback at it…

“Please don’t say that” whispered the small mage, quietly. He didn’t say more, just tightened his hug, and didn’t look up again.

Daniel chuckled, his lead foot easing up slowly.

“All right, all right… let scaredy cat here calm down, then…”

Tibor looked up at the Greek youth, trying to smile as the speed slowly decreased.

“Sorry. I am just… I really hate when we are going fast…”

Gayemedes saw, as well as felt the mood of the car darken. He sighed, quiet softly, to himself. He found that sometimes others found his jokes quite disturbing. He found them rather normal, though, as these thoughts pervaded his mind rather frequently. Amos even pressed his face into the Greek's shoulder, and asked him not to speak of such things. He wrapped his arm around Amos and hugged him tight. He remembered how Amos reacted earlier when he ahd talked of death so lightly. He worried for the boy, and hugged him even tighter. "Sorry, sorry. I'l try and be good."

Karas slowed down, and Ganyemedes smiled. "Thank you very much. I think we traumatized Tiboraki mou enough for one night."

The greek let his grip on Amos loosen, just so he could lean over and kiss Tibor, quick and chaste. He then leaned in to whisper in his ear. "I really am sorry. But thank you for not crushing my bones." He pulled back with a smile and a teasing, but gentle laugh. He let go of Tibor's hand, only to reach up and carress his bruises. He thought for a moment that they looked vaguely different, but he dismissed the thought. Obviously, his memory was not that good. But love poured from his heart and lit his face with the softest touch of pink. The adrenalin was still coursing through his system, and it still kepth those thoughts at bay.

Amos didn’t look up again, just nodded, his face still hidden. He was clinging closely to the Greek youth, laying his head on the fair boy’s chest, like he was listening to his heartbeat. Maybe he was…

“Oh, nonsense. He could take more.” scoffed Karas, looking back at the mirror. “Just like the car. Tell you what, I will talk to the guys inside, and arrange for a few test drives as soon as possible. I have a nice little Camaro you will love to drive…”

Tibor sighed, the tension slowly leaving him as the speed ebbed away, the stripes of light turning back into dots again. He touched the Greek boy’s face, caressing it, smiling and lightly hissing as Ganyemedes did the same. After all, he purportedly had recent injuries on his face…

“I am sorry… I just really don’t like when he is speeding” he said quietly. “I know it is silly, really… but it really disturbs me. We were in a car crash recently, and… I really don’t know… I am still antsy whenever I sit behind Daniel speeding away.”

“I have never had an accident!” scowled the hairy man, almost laughing. “I get it if you are afraid next to Sasha, but I drive a lot safer than him, and this oldtimer handles like a dream… you were perfectly safe behind me.”

He slowed down entirely now, waiting a moment as the wrought iron gates opened up for the car. Then Daniel turned around, smiling at the others.

“All right, rose lord, you and Ganyemedes are home. Get out so I can take our wallflower home…”

Ganyemedes' eyes widened. "You were in a crash recently? Oh, Tibor, I am so very sorry." The youth felt guilty now, and his heart ached. Though he still had his arm wrapped around Amos, he was no longer as focused on the young-looking vampire. He was paying attention to Tibor, and trying to apologize with his heart as much as with his eyes and words.

They reached the rose palace. Ganyemedes unbuckled and went to hug Amos tightly. He tucked the boy under his chin, and pet his hair. He realized something then, while holding the strangely cold boy. He always seemed to shake at the thought of death. Ganyemedes realized how insenstive he had been. The boy has Schere's disease, which made people often die long before their time. The fair youth took a long and deep sigh.

He kissed the top of Amos' head, and even nuzzled a little bit. He extended the hug, and even squeezed a little tighter. "I'm sorry, too. I've been insensitive. Next time, punch me in the arm when I say something that disturbs you."

Ganyemedes felt something else weight heavy in his heart, other than the guilt for terrorizing his friends. He could not put this off, no matter how hard he tried. He had to explain to Tibor what he saw, and possibly explain how the experience made him feel. He was greatly disturbed by it, though anyone would be if they were witnessing rape. It was very subtle, though, almost conesnsual looking, other than the drugged look...

So he decided to do one last thing to cheer himself up before he had to talk about what he saw.

Before Tibor could get out of the car, Ganyemedes pulled him back down and sat in his lap. "Hey good looking." He smiled and gave Tibor a quick peck on the lips, before getting out of the car himself. He smiled and held the door open for Tibor, offering his hand. The smile was quickly fading from his eyes, but not his face. He felt his throat swell up and his heart beat faster.

He might need a glass of wine before he did this...

Tibor sighed, the tension slowly going away as Ganyemedes’ warm touch spread some calmness in his dead chest.

“Don’t worry about it… I haven’t told you, after all. It is not really manly, or courageous. I still have to admit I was afraid” he was even smiling now. He was almost calm again. Almost – that crushed, cold rose in his jacket still held some fear, anxiety…

The actor watched as his lover said his goodbyes to Amos, sincerely stunned by both how gentle and caring Ganyemedes was, and how eagerly the young mage received and replied to those caresses and hugs. He was even more shocked as the thin boy lifted his head, and gave a small peck to the Greek youth, giggling and immediately retreating, lithe fingers caressing Ganyemedes’ face then shoulders as the Tremere pulled back.

“I was not angry. I am just worried for you. I won’t hit you! I just want you to take care…” he whispered, looking up somehow shyly. “Promise me?...”

It was disturbing. Tibor could just stare at the small mage, wordlessly. He couldn’t really pair his previous mental image of the cold, calculated and terrifyingly powerful Tremere with how the boy behaved now. Almost like…

…oh. Indeed. New colours wavered in the mage’s normally so pale aura. Happy colours, Violet, vermilion, lovestruck blue and white waves…it was beautiful, and almost made Tibor chuckle.

It was adorable. Amos, normally so reclusive and shy, had a cute crush on Ganyemedes.

He couldn’t really feel happy, though. Waves of disturbance poured at him from his lover, and he knew he will have to ask what happened, to know how to make it somehow right. He had a terrible feeling he might not be able to do that.

He stepped out of the car, quickly kissing his lover’s lips and holding his hand. He forced a smile himself, turning back to Amos.

“Take care, Amos, and do not let this grumpy bear speed, all right?”

The boy nodded; Tibor caressed his black curls, then looked at Karas.

“Still… Thank you, Daniel. This was a big favour.”

“Never mind that. I enjoyed the show, and I like your boyfriend. Have a nice night, and enjoy each other!” laughed the Gangrel, stepping on the gas. He was speeding, of course…

The actor sighed, and turned back, immediately hugging Ganyemedes tight, pulling the warm body close to him, leaning down to kiss his temple and face, nuzzling him.

“Sorry” he whispered. “I just need a cuddle… and… I will listen. I promise. I will listen… just… could you come with me to my room? Please… I will have something to tell you…”

That rose felt hot in his jacket now. Scorching hot. The knowledge burned him, and the vampire was almost shaking…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back