• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Blood and Glory (Always Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash

Figuring out where the hell he's at

(Disclaimer, Iv'e been busy as hell and stopped receiving notifications)

Ash didn't even realize that he had just fell over and passed out from the internal injuries he had received, luckily his little crew of people were able to find him and at least give him some sort of treatment so that he could at worst case scenario he could get his ass out of the way and live to see another day, that was always his priority above all else. He sat up with a really big jolt after just kinda laying there half awake until he realized that he wasn't in the city. Ash knocked off the couple sets of hands that were tending to his lesser wounds now, just a couple scratches and bruises, and knocked out the nearest person in sight, unfortunate for them. Then he hopped up off the ground and reached to his back to find not only his scythe not there but his tailcoat and shield weren't there either.

"
Which one of you fuckers has it." He had already grabbed the person he just knocked out and shook him trying to get an answer from him, Ash just dropped the guy and turned around to look at the other three conscious people. The others already knew what he wanted so each of them were holding them out to him.

He took each of them and put them on back in order, tailcoat, scythe, shield. After that little matter was resolved rather quickly he could get back to what he was here for, killing shit. "
Where are the rest of the champions at." the three of them looked at each other kinda stupidly "Ah never mind, I'll find them myself, also, don't forget to get your gas masks, never know if I'll use the gas, and it may be on the four of you if I wake up without these again, got it." They all nodded knowing that he might just do it to, they weren't in the city so if someone died it was their fault.

Ash took a couple steps back towards the direction he had came from and looked around to see if he could catch a glimpse of at least one other champion. While he was walking he could hear the buckles on his pants still knocking against one another continuously, at least he didn't have to adjust those so that when he ran around looking for others he would be silent, and just as he was thinking of that he wanted to get a good run in really quick, he was resting way too much, he lost track of time after he passed out, though it looked like it had been a good number of hours had passed.

He looked around at a building that had a few Lurchbilges running into the building and a few more still outside the building. "Surely someone is...." his words were cut off by a handful of shots fired from a gun "...and that's my answer." Obviously someone was in that building, surely they could handle a few of those by themselves, speaking of, he heard one close to him, way to close for comfort.

He really didn't want to turn around to see if one was there but he knew he had to if he wanted to live, he turned around and sure enough there was one, taller than he was, he never really had to look up to anything, normally he had to look down to everyone, and most animals. Unfortunately the Lurchbilge was already charging at him "Oh come one, really, that's what I get for taking a nap though, fuck it, lets go." Ash drew his scythe and charged towards it.

Ash was only at a fast walk while it was in a full charge at him "Your going to have to do better than that if you want to keep up with me." Ash went into a full sprint towards the lurchbilge and as anticipated it jabbed its barbed tail at him, he side stepped it and then ran around it. Of course its going to turn and look for him but unfortunately it didn't see Ash behind him as it would guess, as a stupid animal does is stand there and look around a couple times, but all Ash did was just run in a circle around it.

Now that he was behind the lurchibilge he cut its tail off just behind its legs. "Not today bitch." He jumped up and stood on its back for a bit getting a bit of a balance from it's jumping around in pain, eventually it took off into a sprint towards the building. Ash grabbed one if its horns to steer it around like his bike, at this point he was just messing around getting a good laugh out of it, which he was, he waited until he was a bit closer before he stabbed it in the head and finally bringing it to the ground, not to difficult but it could've been if he didn't know how to take care of the biggest issue first, that tail.

Now that Ash was at the bottom of the building he looked around and saw a door and went to open it, it wasn't locked but it was barricaded on the other side. "Just Great, now I have to climb the damn building." So he did just that after he put his scythe on his back, he looked at his feet and jumped a second just to open the little spikes in the shoes so he could climb easier. He went to look back up at the roof but instead smacked the ends of his horns against the wall, he hadn't realized how much they had grown since he had gotten here, from nothing to now reaching around behind his ears and out in front of his face a good half-foot, and starting to twist. He didn't even realized that they had grown so much a few moments ago, maybe he was just too wrapped up in messing around, either way this was more than they usually grew, more of let them grow, he had no clue how far they were going to go. "I'm so going to fix this later today, unless I like it."

He took his boots and stuck them against the building and took his claws and started to climb the building, he only got a floor up before looking in and seeing a few dead creatures in the stairwell. 'i bet their on the roof' he thought to himself before he continued climbing up. It was definitely a good ways up "I bet I'm going to look like a monster when i get to the top, large pointed horns, not many people see me anyways, hell, for all they know I could be an unknown monster, I swear the first one to throw something at me or shoot me or anything, definitely going to get an earfull."

He finally got to the rooftop where everyone was at, and the first thing anyone would see was going to be his red and black horns, then his dragon eyes and face, hell he might as well look like a drake....... oh wait....... shit....... those are the first thing they are going to shoot.

He just thought of that while he was just poking his head up over the side resting his head on the wall and then a bit of dust blew into his nose, and of course he had to sneeze "a.....ah.....AAhH CCHOOOOO!!!!!!" and out of no where was a bit of fire from his mouth, that was a first for every one. 'Oh great now I look like a drake and just practically spat fire, I'm about to get shot' He waited on everyone to turn and blast his ass into next year all he could really say was "Um.... hi??"

(I'm just going to have to catch up pretty quickly so if I seem to show up out of no where my apologies, I had to read 70 posts to catch up.)

@everyone on the roof

Elrene

Rooftop

Additional gunfire from outside snapped Elrene back into the world and out of her frenzied onslaught. What was once a vicious scarla was now an unrecognizable mess of blood, save for the rear half. A wave of pain shot through her body, overwhelming her nano-pan inhibitors and causing her to momentarily lose control of her voluntary movements. "AAAAHHH!" Elrene slid backwards and slammed the mutant, secondary arm through the concrete wall, the mass hooking onto multiple surfaces and dragging her across the hallway.

With her constant thrashing and lack of control over herself, Elrene was dealing quite a bit of structural damage to the top floor, sending small tremors throughout the rooftop floor. "Damnit... Gotta keep still, calm down." She took a deep breath, relaxing herself and her transformed body. "Alright," she glanced around, "Back to the rooftop." Bending over, Elrene picked up and holstered her dropped firearm then grabbed her severed left arm by the elbow. Trying to regrow an entirely new arm would be difficult, time consuming, and overall a very unpleasant experience. Reattaching it later would be much easier, but there wasn't time for that now.

Gripping the edge of the recent hole with the three clawed fingers, Elrene lifted herself up and over with ease, now back up at the rooftop. She was a horrifying scene, given her multiple transformations. On the left side, she was missing an arm and had a large, amorphous shape of black biomass sprouting from the shoulder blade. On her right, a large mutated arm extended from her elbow and stretched to double the length of her forearm, ending in three clawed fingers and she had a spiked wing on the shoulder blade. With the additional of bleeding, gold colored eyes, Elrene's appearance was quite monstrous.

Elrene looked around, a violent, almost hungry look in her eyes. Her eyes shifted to her severed arm and she held it up. The base of it where it had been cut was now coated in the viscous black biomass that made up her mutative powers, though a considerable chunk was still missing from it and it had heavy burn marks from electricity. The damned scarla had nearly destroyed her left arm. Was trying to reattach it even worth it? "Just leave it, for now." Taking a few steps forward, Elrene laid her arm on the floor, planning to come back for it later. Hopefully one of her doctors would recognize it as hers and hold onto it or something.

A wave of nausea passed over, causing her to fall to her knees. The combination of mutations and bodily injuries caused from her fight were starting to take a toll, though she couldn't tell how much damage she'd actually taken for her body would always bounce back into shape, hiding the severity of its wounds. Though powerful her abilities are, there were quite a few drawbacks. The biomass at her side flailed and lashed dangerously as Elrene fought back her nausea and temporary fatigue. Gradually regaining her constitution, she stood up, immediately noticing a dragon-like creature coming over the wall.

Natural instincts, though now savage, caused her to approach with great hostility. The moment she got close, her secondary arm immediately lashed downwards on its own, threatening to behead the... drake? Throwing her wait to the side, the blow was diverted to the side, where the arm crashed into the floor, leaving deep claw marks behind. Elrene knelt down, ignoring the locks of red hair that fell into her face. Her single, intact wing folded up partially and the blob of biomass that trailed behind her wrapped around her and the champion turned drake figure, like a thick tar substance in mist form. The drake had a distinct human reaction, causing Elrene to fight off her own violent tendencies. It was likely an ally, another champion. "What are you? If you answer, do it now. Any sudden movements and I'll tear you apart, regardless if I want to or not."

What she said wasn't exactly a threat. At this point, her body would react involuntarily to any sudden movements and with terrifying and deadly force.

@Everyone on the Rooftop @las0r0o7

Heinrich Glishten / Katherine Ariat

The German Ghost Gang

Heinrich stumbles a bit as Kat runs into him, sighing and flicking his gauntlets again so they were clean enough for him to cradle his head in his hand in exasperation WITHOUT covering his face in blood, turning back to face her, about to reprimand her to be more careful. However, as the girl plants her hands on her hips and suggests... something. Heinrich turns a soft pink, his eyes narrowing a bit as he holds up a finger with each listed speech for emphasis. "First....If that is your attempt at.... 'coming onto' me I would at least appreciate it if you waited for a more appropriate time and place. Second, I .....'rode'... a dying Scarla before jumping through a window, I landed where you saw me." his tone of voice was that of someone stating a fact, but someone else could just as easily mistake him for trying to tell a joke." Third....." he sighs "..... it is only as creepy as your imagination,"he nods and turns, checking his thermal scanner again before noticing her rubbing her arms, raising his eyebrow before shirking off his jacket and throwing it back to her "Here.... if you are cold you may wear it... if you do not mind the blood....." Whether he would admit it or not, Heinrich did have a tendency to become more... serious, and less friendly, during hunts. Likely something Roy would appreciate really.

--------------------------------------------

Kat's grin disappeared and her eyes widened when he mentioned something about "coming onto him". Her eyes moved to narrowed position and she slightly cocked her head back,"Come again..?" Kat chuckled and shook her index finger on each hand," No no, you misunderstand, heh, you see I wasnt suggesti--" but Heinrich continued with two more points he had to make in order to answer her previous questions. She shut her mouth and let him finish. With the third and last point he made reguarding the creepiness of the place, the little Ghost girl replied with,"Wooowww....That was so deep..." she whispered. Katherine was in genuine awe, she never thought of it that way. Though, she wasnt aware that her tone couldve sounded more sarcastic than sincere. But hey, she didnt know any better.

Katherine was looking at the ground as he checked his...gadgetmathingy. The faint sound of fabric being shifted and cumpled filled the silent room. Green eyes moved back to him, curious of the sound, but as soon as she looked up his jacket was being tossed her way,"Whoa!" she exclaimed, and caught it with out thought, it was her first reaction,"Oh im..uh, im not--" she stopped. It was a kind gesture how could she say no? A small smile crept onto her face from the gesture but she kept it only to herself,"Thank you." She carefully slipped it on, it may have been tainted with the blood of scarla but she respected his stuff enough to 'carefully' put it on...what ever that may mean. "Oh and dont worry, I like blood~! Well...not my blood but blood from other things. I dont mean im like a serial killer or anything i just...like..blood. You probably think im crazy, dont get me wrong! I just...." she sighed in defeat, and her head hung low. Kat picked up her head to look at him, eye brows furrowed upward,"Maybe I should just...shut up?" her face twisted into a nervous grin. She could tell that with this guy, fooling around wasnt the best thing to do right now. Heinrich's jack was big on the petite champion. The sleeves were loose and over-sized. She stuck her arms out to her sides and flapped her wrists making the long sleeves flap with them. Katherine was easily amused. She stood quiet now, allowing him to think and do what ever it was he was doing. But in that silence she tried to gather her words. 'I like blood?! who the hell says that to a stranger?! What i meant to say was--' she broke from her thoughts and spoke aloud,"I dont mind it." her small shoulders shrugged,"I dont mind the blood..." Katherine didnt care if Heinrich cared about the subject anymore or not. Maybe he did, maybe he didnt. He probably wasnt even listening to her scattered babbling in the first place. He was too busy playing with his doohickey contraption thing. She said it for her own satisfaction. As she spoke those words she didnt even look to see if he payed attention, she was too busy looking down the sleeves of his jacket. There was a silence following her words she said to finally close the conversation, but with her abundant amount of energy and short attention span, she broke it again,"Ooh, you have reaaallllyyyybig pockets." she giggled.

Heinrich couldn't help but shake the feeling this girl was going to be a.... handful. He did not seem to pay her stammering much mind, though with how he acted in public, he actually payed it more attention than her actual words. Sometimes what people DIDN'T say, and what they did, spoke much more clearly than what was ultimately groupings of sounds we were all told meant... whatever. He gives her thanks a nod, rally wishing the technology in his gauntlet was advanced enough to render 3-D models. A bird's-eye view of a multi-stories building with nothing showing locations but flashing red dots and an occasional response from the Line-detection system really only told him which way to go in a straight line. Not which hallway to take, not whether to go up or down, he sighs and glances up at Katherine as she begins blabbering.

At first, Heinrich finds himself, well.... not aggravated but... exasperated before he reminds himself that in large groups, he was the same. Perhaps for her it was just for one-on-one conversations, which Heinrich felt rather comfortable in. He sighs, even giving a small chuckle when she actually says she likes blood. In truth, when Heinrich asked if she should shut up, he knew what would happen, as he did the same thing himself. She would question herself and quickly think up a cover-up and continue speaking once she had time to actually think about what she said. He turns to her, giving her his full attention and he waits, watching her flap his jacket like a cute mimicry of the Scarla they had just fought.

Her comment about his pockets makes Heinrich turn a soft pink and he sighs, her giggle shortly after making him realize exactly how off-putting he had been and he approaches her. Resting both his hands on the shorter girl's shoulders and makes sure to meet her eyes, trying his best to be calming and genuine in his advice that he himself did not take. "Listen, Kat, I know situations can be trying, and... awkward... I myself do not.." he averts his eyes briefly "... do WELL... in crowds." he snaps his eyes back to her "And I am sorry if I am off-putting, my focus for the hunt is... odd. But I promise to assist in any way I can, and keep you... safe." he was awkwardly aware of how... faux-pa that sounded, but he couldn't think of any other phrasing. Also, though he would never tell anyone else, and he was sure he had done a lot worse than she, he silently thanks Iris for being so kind to him, as he did his own interpretations as being supportive like her.

Katherine was very interested in the jacket. For reasons unknown. It was, most likely, her way of keeping herself occupied and a way of staying out of Heinrich's way while he searched for a way out of this ancient maze. Her fingers, which barely poked out of the sleeves, fiddled with the buttons some, buttoning them then undoing them. Then she moved on to sticking her whole fists in the "really big pockets", as was mentioned previously. She could feel some little bits of what ever he kept in there. Katherine had her little history of being a theif in her younger years. But she would never do such a thing to her fellow champions. Her hands pulled out, its best she left his belongings where they were. But as soon as her hand left his pockets, Heinrich placed both hands on her shoulders. She jumped at this, taken back from the sudden pressure she felt on her shoulders. Her muscles immediately tensed up and her head snapped to look up at him. Katherine's face had guilt written all over it. Maybe he saw her feeling what ever he had in the pockets? No...no it wasnt that. This was something else.

Heinrich looked at her in the eye, a gesture that made her uneasy. When ever someone looked at her in the eye as a child, it was to scold her and occasionally punish her harshly (and often unnecessarily, it was close to abuse). But his words werent harsh at all. Infact they were the complete opposite. Almost, understanding and caring in a way...well..at least for him. It didnt seem like he spoke like that all too much by the way he was so formal about it. Kat smiled up at him. She bent her arms at the elbow and rested her hands on his forearms that were still clinging onto her shoulders. She wouldve put her hands on his shoulders to return the gesture, but he was quite tall compared to her, so it would be quite the stretch. She settled for his arms. A small chuckle escaped her throat before she spoke,"And I promise to not get in your way, and keep you safe." She gave her trademark oh-so-cheerful-and-optimistic grin.

She thought about his words though, he was right. One-on-one often made her uncomfortable for reasons in her past, and in turn, she babbled more than usual. Though with Heinrich, it wasnt too bad. Its been worse...

Heinrich, in truth, kept very little in his jacket's pockets. Perhaps some packaged food commonly referred to as a "snack" and yet his father insisted on referring to them as "rations" when he was in a Hunt or the field. In any case, Heinrich notices her discomfort brought on by his method of approach and sighs internally, about to remove his hands when he feels the soft grip of small hands on his forearms. A small chuckle from the small female heralding the arrival of a rather... unique sentence in Heinrich's view. Promising to stay out of his way and "keep him safe". Before he can think otherwise a small smile appears on his lips and he gives a small, acquiescing nod. He had briefly considered saying something along the lines of it, generally, being the more durable Champion to shield the other. But she did not seem the kind of person to argue that kind of thing with, so, he agrees, and removes his arms from her slim shoulders. "Good..." Heinrich nods curtly, even his once-formal kindness now gone in place of his returned intense focus.

Heinrich turns and begins to walk, sighing as he gives up on locating anyone reliably with a two-dimensional image such as his scanner provided, though nearby he spies an old case of stairs. Pausing momentarily as something eats at the back his mind, his foot pausing on the old, fairly-rotten first step. Earning a groan from the stairs but they remain in place reliably. Though this fact was... almost secondary as the thought strikes him that just... cutting off his interaction with Kat so abruptly may have made it seem like he was saying just what he thought she wanted to hear. Abruptly, he gets the feeling that he had to.. say something else, probably something she was more... used to. He glances back at her, giving her a small grin that he has never really used before and adds "
...that is.... IF you can keep up...." As he continues to go down the old, rotting stairs, turning his attention forward to avoid stepping on any REALLY weak-looking spots he calls back over his shoulder, though no louder than before "....but if you can.... and we run into... something.... stay close to me."

Katherine was rather surprised he agreed. Heinrich didnt come off as the type to be okay with a tiny female, such as Kat, to protect or "keep him safe" as she said. Meh, no one should be quick to judge right? But still...she couldnt help but think,'What kinda angle is he playin at...' and with out realizing, her green eyes narrowed at him. All of a sudden, that small smile wiped of his face and he returned to his usual seriousness. 'Well that was quick,' she pouted when he turned away. And just when she thought she made him break through that serious wall too. Darn. Oh well, now wasnt the time to be playful anyway, they were trapped in a craggedy building after all. The structure was practically crumbling at their feet.

Kat turned her attention back to Heinrich when she heard him sigh. Obviously, sighs were never a good sign. But in a place like this, its the last thing you wanna hear. She walked behind him, peering around his arm (since he was taller, peeking over his shoulder would be ineffective) to look at his device thingy. Emerald eyes blinked curiously, at the contraption. There were little lights and a two dimentional map out of the floor they stood on, but thats all she could really see before he walked elsewhere. The ghost girl stood in place as she watched him wander to a set of very very...very old stairs. They didnt look too safe from where she was standing... None of the less, where else was she to go? The wood creaked and squeaked as soon as Heinrich set one foot on the stair, causing Kat to cringe and grit her teeth. She wanted to advise that the stairs didnt seem very safe or sturdy. She wanted to raise a finger and say 'I dont think thats very safe,' but she bit her tongue. As of almost sensing her fear, Heinrich turned back to her and with the most cheeky grin he says,"....that is...IF you can keep up...."

Oh....he just said the magic words... In an instant Katherine's pride pushed aside what ever fear she had. There was a fire of competitiveness that grew a flame deep with in her chest, and with crossed arms she blatantly questioned,"Hm! Is that a challenge I hear?" Her lips stretces to match his when a grin appeared. And her voice was just as sly as the look on her face. Katherine jogged a little ways to catch up with him at the stairs. When she reached the top, she looked down at the steps and watched as Heinrich carefully made his way down. She took a step then stopped when he looked over his shoulder to add another thing about staying close if they come across anything. She took a deep breath,"Stay close. Got it." her head nodded. Step by step she made her way as well, tagging along right behind her much taller partner. It was quite dark, and as they descended further and further away from the light of the window that Heinrich crashed through in the previous room Kat became more impatient and anxious to reach the bottom. Even though, they dont really know whats down there anyway.

The stairs were old and the years were definately visible with chips and holes from bugs that littered the wood. When a stair would squeak Katherine would pause very briefly. The moaning of the wood wasnt very loud, but to her it was like a dump truck driving through a rocky street. She didnt know what would be down there, and she was pretty sure Heinrich didnt have an idea either. If there was, she wanted to be as quiet as possible so this was...this just wasnt working for her. "Maybe i should just phase through this..." she whispered to herself. Using her ability to just, literally, go right through this would be ideal, but because she didnt know what was on the other side of a wall or what was under the stairs it could be dangerous and cause an even bigger problem than her and Heinrich were already in.

(MPoS: I just wanted to thank the Honey-Bear Mew for being patient with me and being an excellent collab partner. Continue on my fellow Champions!)

(HB-K: And I would like to thank Princey Kitty for putting up with my cluelessness and accidental posts that i made oxo and i had fun doing this collab cause well...i believe its only my second one ever xD . Yus ouo)

#HoneyPrinceMewOfSanity

#GoGreen!

@Mad Prince of Sanity

Nadia Rader - Mute

Rooftop

Crash, thump and roar went the outside world. Rumble and tremble went the floor. Floors were not meant to rumble and tremble, and Nadia was concerned at what was happening around her. She was a champion, here to protect the civilians and scientists. What with the plane crash and the look of the tattered remains of the tent above her, she reckoned she'd already missed quite a bit, and she didn't plan on letting anyone else down now that she was awake.

The bumbling young doctor was anxiously looking around as she sat up - her head swam and she had to hold herself still for a good deal of time before the feeling passed. The doctor was going on about something, taking rest, recovering, head wounds and suspected concussions and the like, but Nadia was already turning to sit on the edge of the medical bed. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and with her other hand pointed to herself and gave a thumbs up, followed by the universal hand sign for 'ok'. This seemed to calm him enough, and he stood aside from her belongings, though still watching her.

Nadia stood and started putting all of her gear back on. In truth, now that she was up and doing things she was feeling a lot better than she had when she first woke up despite the headache, though even that was beginning to subside. After sorting most of her belongings, further rumblings and sounds of struggles outside and below her spurred her on, and she hurriedly put on her headband, keeping her long hair well out of her face, and slid her sniper rifle into its holster. She was ready to face whatever the hell was going on out there. She looked once more at the nervous doctor - now that she was standing she was a good foot taller than him, bless his cotton socks - and she smiled and gave a small salute before heading for the...well it wasn't a door, it was just a hole where the tent had half collapsed.

Emerging into the world she noticed the shield generator dutifully pumping out energy. Huh. The shimmering sky, she thought, remembering the glimpse she caught through the tattered canvas of the tent. There were numerous holes punched through the roof, and Nadia wondered how the thing was still standing when she noticed a tall man with black hair passed out not far from her. Beyond that was what seemed to be a hideously deformed and bloodied mutant being facing down some kind of dragon-thing hanging onto the side of the building.

Startled into action, she smoothly unholstered her rifle and knelt down, immediately sighting the two being in her scope. Through this she could see that they were definitely humanoid, but anything else was guesswork at best. Were they champions? The man with black hair probably was, as he didn't have any kind of sciencey or medical clothes - but what do sciencey or medical clothes even look like? She knew barely anyone on this expedition aside from a few of the better-known hunters like Roy and Iris, but she had definitely never hunted with anyone on this trip before - it was a main reason why she's sat alone on the plane.

Were those horned and winged and goopy things mutated creatures? Had they knocked out or killed that man? What the hell's happened out here? Oh god, what the hell do I do? she thought, getting a little panicked. She didn't have a plan and had no idea what was going on, but she had to do something and she couldn't let the stress get to her - what if they tried to eat the man on the floor? Just this time, and mostly because she had no idea what was going on, she would go with the cautious route. She would hate to start shooting and discover she'd shot a couple of champions. Still pointing her rifle at the two monstrous figures and glaring down her scope, Nadia let forth a long, high pitched whistle. Whatever they were, this should get their attention. She hoped they started talking.

Tags

@las0r0o7 @Fujiwara Tadayoshi @Wilcox @anyone else on the roof

Iris

Ground Floor

Holy hell the scent was rancid. Iris gagged several times and covered her nose but managed to keep from throwing up. Though seeing Roy fall pray to the nausea did not help her resolve much. Her eyes were watering something fierce but she had to stay keep control, at least until the task was done. Then she would get the hell out of there as fast as possible. She envied Connors ability to have his nose stop working, her was practically burning. She grit her teeth and shook off the horrid stench. "The hell even is that..." she hissed under her breath.

Inside of the store room was a wall full of mold and vines. There were shelves with the remains of what looked like cans and jars, through most looked to have cracked, broken or just busted open. All over most of the shelves and floor was a coating of white and yellow fuzz which looked disgusting to say the least. There was a hole in the wall leading to the outside and cracks branching out from it but overall the room was mostly safe. There was a pile of bones from some kind of creature lingering in the corner, scraps of matted fur and tendons still attached.

Iris looked over to one of the gunmen who offered to burn the smell away. "Yes, burn it away! If this lingers around an longer I doubt anyone's nose will be working much longer." She spoke up and moved away from the door. She honestly needed some fresh air. However even the intimidate surrounding areas would still hold the horrid scent. "Probably best if we move away from the door though." she suggested stepping out of the building for the moment. The smell still lingered but it was much easier to breath while outside. More screeching could be heard from above as the last of the scarlas were being fought off by other champions. She didn't see any sign of Heinrich but hoped that was just because he was one a part of the roof she couldn't see.

@King Of Imagination @Tree @Der Kojote @Darksoul90 @Goddess @DamagedGlasses @Rifleman @HelixCube

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistair Lysaght - The Angel of death

Rooftop

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Alistair would be going in and out of consciousness, as he lay on the rooftop. blood slowly trailing down his arm and leg, slowly forming into a pool around the wounds, A light groan of pain would escape his mouth, some nearby med personnel would notice him on the ground. rushing over to him, they would grab him, dragging him into the med tent, a trail of blood being left behind as he was dragged, where he lay would be a broken sword the blade having been shattered in his fight with the Scarla. "Alright we need to get this armor off of him, and get to work getting those lacerations closed!" one of the doctors would yell, as they slowly pulled off the armor. "He's beat up, his Arms broken, nearly shattered. Jesus what the hell happened with him" the doctor would pause, grabbing a a sewing kit, and stitching the wounds closed. before bracing his broken arm to stop it getting more damaged.

Alistair would be unconscious from blood loss. apart from slight groans of pain in his sleep. "Alright get a blood bag, let me check his blood type" The doctor would look at the inside of the boot tongue "AB positive eh, Damn that's trouble" He would look to the other doctor who was going for a blood bag "try get an Ab positive bag, if we have any" the doc would run off and search for the bag of blood, unable to acquire it he would return with a universal donors bag "All we got that could work with him" they would hastily hook up the bag of blood, it would flow slowly into his arm, replacing the blood he had lost. laying on the ground. The docs would do the final cleaning and tending of the wounds before bandaging them. "He will be alright, but he was lucky"

Lyon

“Just.....just a few winks....” Lyon muttered shortly before becoming unconscious in a pile of rubble that he so happened to have been buried in. No major damage was caused luckily, and it covered him completely so unless something or someone was randomly digging in piles of rubble he’d most likely go undisturbed.

So of course he’d managed to completely fall asleep far longer than he expected.And probably would have slept for awhile had it not been for the sudden smell that assaulted his senses. Lyon nearly jumped from the pile of rubble, not a difficult feat seeing as he was mostly covered by ceiling tile. He quickly sat up with a snap, pieces of ceiling tile flying as he did so. “For fucks sake what is that smell?!” He shouted to no one in particular, shortly before noticing that there was indeed a number of others around.

Not that Lyon cared, given what he’d been through, paired with this horrible smell, his stomach was ready to burst. Lyon quickly shoved himself up and rushed for the door, rushing out and nearly knocking Iris off her feet as he dodged past her to the side and released all the bile that had built up in his stomach in an explosive stream. Lyon waited a moment for his stomach to ease before he stood back up from where he’d leaned down, wiping his mouth.

“What...the fuck....kind of wake up....is that shit...” He grumbled, turning around and actually noticing Iris this time.

“Oh....hey....sup?” He asked, rubbing his head. “What uh....what’d I miss? I kinda passed out in a pile of rubble after falling through six floors....through not down....through each floor...” Lyon explained.

@Shura @Anyoneelsenearby

Charles A. Fisher

Ground floor, dealing with some shit. (Literally, yes.)

As the girl beside him helped the old man out with opening the door, he couldn't help but to shrug at her question.
"I dunno what's going to be in there, but I sure hope there isn't a pile of..." Charles' train of thought was COMPLETELY decimated by the awful smell that came hurling out of the dormant room. And to his surprise? A nasty pile of shit. As if the day could get any better for him and the rest of the team, at least for those who were at the ground level.

YOU'VE GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW!

After witnessing Royce practically vomit from the horrifying smell their poor noses had to endure, Charles was getting ready to throw up his guts as he slowly backed away from the door, with a hand over his forehead. To top it off,
Connor's reaction wasn't any better at all. If anything, it made it worse for Charles to be able to stop himself from vomiting...

Holding in the feeling of throwing up as he gagged a bit, with tears already forming in his aged eye sockets, he turned to Iris, and then back to the Gunman, who suggested with burning up the smell for them. Charles gracefully walked up to the man, patted him on the shoulder, and struggled to say,
"You're a god damn war hero." Charles didn't really bother with checking the room, not only because his nose is too sensitive at the moment, but because Iris seemed to be peeking in already. He was feeling nauseous, too.

Charles decided to take a seat, away from the door of course, so that he could catch his breath a bit. He wondered, eagerly, what they would do next after the Gunman burned up the smell. There was still other objectives that needed to be done; building up defenses for the night, setting up cameras at their blind sides, all the sweet jazz. Ah, how much he would kill for a glass of alcohol. Looking at his gun, though, Charles could not help with the feeling of wanting to just kill them all here. If they died here, there would be no one to stop him from taking over Arcadia. And...

Slow down, cowboy.

He took a deep breath. He had to take it easy. If they were to die here, there would be no ride for him out of here. Plus, with his crippled arm, he wouldn't be able to make their deaths seem convincing enough. If only he had the others here... Still, them being alive held the possibility of getting them to try his version of the Line, which it's name is still under development. Maybe it can be called the Angle? Or, some shit like that. It's really just up in the air at the moment.

"Hurry it up with the smell, we've got a lot to do here. Better get done with what we can before sun down." Charles said out loud to the Gunman. Plenty of stuff to do. He really just wanted to get the day over with, after the crash and clearing out this building with the team. He also noticed something moving in the pile of rubble nearby. Quickly, Charles moved his hand over to his holstered gun and, as he was about to shot the hell out of the pile of rubble, a man came out.

Was this guy fucking napping?

Listening in on the man's reaction to the nasty smell that invaded his nostrils, and asking what had happened while he was "asleep," Charles decided to pitch in for her a little bit.
"Welcome back to the land of the living, friend. We just recently finished clearing this building out of all the monsters that were in here, and now we're gonna dispose of the monsters' corpses after Gunman is done with burning up that rotten smell." The old man said as he leaned his head back against the wall. Charles smiled, though. Not because of the fact that he's still alive and sort of well, but because of the hundred different ways he could kill them all.

Maybe Kazuko really is getting to the old man.

@King Of Imagination @Shura @Tree @Der Kojote @anyoneelse

Ash

Rooftop

'Man was I right, people really don't like a Drake' He thought to himself "Well you can relax, I'm a fellow Champion, that's all." He pulled himself up over the side of the roof and sat down "And that goes for you too, yea you, the one pointing the gun at me." Ash really needed a moment to relax without being on the edge of a building, not that it was difficult but simply put, it was boring. "So, does anyone have an idea on how to get off the roof of this building, I mean, I don't know about the rest of you but I don't want to spend the rest of my life here, it wouldn't be too fun, though I'm sure some of us would have a ton of fun killing things till we die." He was being an ass to the few that was on the roof but he was also being a bit serious as well, he knew he could get home himself, at least for the most part in one piece, but it would be a long walk, well, run.

He looked at the ends of his horns, they started to look quite nice, they started to have a bit of a gloss to them, but either way his head still looked like a drakes' and that wasn't too good, it would probably keep most people on edge with him, most probably thinking that he was going to go nuts and snap on a champion, he knew better than that, it wasn't going to happen. "Look, if we have a plan, cool, but we still need to get the hell back to the city, and don't forget, the choppers are practically scrap now, and I'm not an engineer."

He pulled his scythe and shield off his back and set it aside looking at the two, still unscratched, it was probably going to take a nuke to break them, at least sarcastically anyways, he wasn't a big fan of guns, he liked to see the whites in the enemies eyes so to say. He was a brutal person to be around, but surely they had someone else that could go alongside him and be a tank while everyone else helped kill off the other creatures, he didn't want to be the only one in peoples line of fire, why not drag someone else into the mix, that would be interesting. 'sometimes I wonder about myself, maybe there are things I don't know yet, who knows, maybe we will all make it out alright, at least for the most part'

"You know what would really suck right now, if we were on top of a Lumbri nest, or in the middle of a Lummox forest, that would be like a worst case scenario right now." He just thought about what he just said, that would REALLY suck right now, hit us while were planing, maybe we could think of something while in the middle of fighting them, much less fighting both of them at the same time, he probably just jinxed all of them into that, all well, we'll make it, that is depending on how hard of a time they had with the little Lurchbilges, Ash had fun playing with them, rode it like a horse all the way here before killing it. It was always a good thing he remembered the weaknesses of most creatures after doing two ton of research on them and reading up on them before he came out here.

@Absurdisan @Wilcox @everyone else on the roof

Elrene

Rooftop

Elrene turned angrily at a voice behind her only to find a champion aiming a gun at her. The amorphous biomass that grew from her left shoulder immediately extended towards the champion Nadia and encroached her surrounding area, attempting to entrap her just as it did the scarla before. It was an involuntary action, one taken due to the pending threat of being shot. "Think you can stop me with just one rifle?" She growled angrily, "Lower it or I'll KILL YOU." Elrene didn't realize how aggressive and threatening she sounded until she had already spoken. It wasn't at all what she had intended to say, but whatever, it should get the point across. Extending her abilities this far was beginning to directly impede her mental stability, making her behave in a hyper aggressive manner. It was only luck that she so far hadn't tried to kill someone for zero reason at all. Though, one more major change to her biology might easily alter that and transform her into a murderous monster.

She gave the dragon faced champion an annoyed glance. Though she clearly heard everything he had said, it made very little sense to her. His words simply bounced around in her head for a moment before being drowned out by the scream of her mental instability. "You talk too much... and about nothing."

Taking a moment to calm down, as much as was physically possible in her current state, Elrene's cloud of biomass retracted from the other two champions and wrapped around her waist and feet. She wrapped her mutated arm around her side, a safety precaution so that it didn't lash out at somebody without some sort of warning first. The dragon boy's speech finally registered in her brain, "Obviously, we uncrash the ship and fly it back or walk." Her face turned grim as she stared at the drake boy with piercing yellow eyes and a dead serious expression, "No, the worse case scenario. I decide to go crazy and slaughter the entire crew."

It wouldn't be the first time it has happened. There has been more than one occasion where Elrene decimated mobs of people over an uncontrolled whim of violence. At the times, it had simply felt as if she needed to do it. Of course, she had also passed her limitations just before the majority of those incidents.

Elrene looked back at Nadia. "You there, wanna do something for me?" She nodded towards her severed arm which was still laying next to the large hole she had smashed into the roof. It lay motionless but still very much alive and in full coloration, the blood still flowing in it thanks to a seal of the black tar-like substance that had formed at its base.

@Absurdisan @las0r0o7

Connor Friesland

In front the room of TERRIBLE SMELLS

Connor nodded as people made motions and plans to the destruction of the offending smell. Though honestly, after his nose decided to rage quit, there was no problem at all now. Though now the plan that was taking shape was dangerous. Connor spoke up, "Hmm...Very good idea. Would make things simpler. Still explosive situation would be bad...hmm. Wait I can close door. Very Very fast. Here is plan to limit damage to us. I close door to crack. Then gunman position gun to fire between crack. On gun shot, I close door. Chamber on fire, smell gone, bodies burnt. Whole situation fixed up in pinch. Not nose though. Think is down for the day. Ahh well no harm no foul. Except olfactory glands! is loss, oh sorry. Ranting again. anyway-" He spoke aloud raising his finger in exclamation, "GUNMAN WE SET A ROOM ABLAZE!"

There was a sigh as the gunman did as suggested. He trained his sights on the gap, Connor readied himself to slam the door to seal in the blast. As he slowly closed the door, he hoped that at least the smell was at lessened for everyone else. He took a slight breath as nodded, If he messed this up, might be more than a tad painful. He Looked over to the gunman, "On three?" The gunman nodded. Connor braced himself. "Alright 1-2...3!" The next chain of events was as followed, First there was the crack of a pistol, immediately followed by the sound of a door slamming, Which was punctuaded by a muted -FWOOM- Connors hands went from the door as he could feel the heat from the door.

It took a few moments and an exploratory prod to check if the temperature was down. Seeing that it wasn't Connor Slowly worked to open it. It took a little bit of effort but it was open. He looked in to see scorch marks on the ceiling, walls, and floor. So obviously the plan had worker. he blinked, the offending smell undetectable due to his current condition, he looked back.
"Umm? Is good now? smell like death? Or smell like burnt everything. Can't tell nose is dead. Hope is better for you. Really hope. If not am sorry."

@Shura @King Of Imagination @Darksoul90 @otherpeopledownhere

Bunnying allowed from @King Of Imagination and @Shura

Iris

Ground Floor

The redhead hissed softly under her breath cursing the stench that had consumed the room. Thankfully outside was a little easier to breath. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end and she turned when there was movement behind her. Body instinctive tense and ready to react the Champion nearly pounced on the moving figure until she realized it was a man. Iris calmed down with a soft sigh before tilting her head. How had he gotten all the way down here? He hadn't been part of the initial scouting group. Her ears perked up slightly as he spoke up mentioning that he had fallen through quite a few floors and stared at him a moment. It was the voice of Charles which snapped her out of her momentary pondering

"Oh well... glad your alright! I'm Iris and Charles pretty much summed it up." She smirked slightly "There's a med tent on the roof if you think you need it." She added noting no serious injuries but sometimes surface wounds could be very misleading to any internal wounds. Ears perking up once more Iris heard the group readying to burn the stench and the bodies away inside the vault. She scampered back into the room begrudgingly to give her help in closing the vault door. The young woman stood tense as Connor counted down and once the click of the gun echoed around the room she pushed. The door shut with a thud, flames licking the outside edges as the flames almost escaped the enclosed space. Iris let out a heavy sigh as she could already smell the scent of fire and smoke as it quickly replaced the horrid stench.

Once the door was opened Iris Peeked into the storage room along side Connor and saw that the fire had done it job well. Even as the door was been opened more smoke flooded into the room completely replacing the stench from earlier but also clearing away much quicker. Everything had been scorched clean leaving behind blackened ash and soot. The room was still heated but slowly cooling as the heat escaped through the hole in the wall. Flames still lingered on the body but they were smoldering by now the edges of fur and flesh glowing faintly in the smoke. If there were going to be more of these monsters around, they at least had a fairly good way of disposing of the bodies. Iris sighed softly and stepped away from the door as Connor spoke up. "Just the smell of smoke now. Honestly I rather smell that then the stench from before... I think its safe to say most of these sealed rooms might be in a similar state." She muttered realizing over the course of three days there was no telling what kind of rooms they would open up or what they would have to deal with as they searched the complex.

Her gazed turned to the computer which was still sitting contently next to the broken remained of a desk "We should probably go back to the roof and get that to the tech team up there."

@Der Kojote @Atom @Darksoul90 @King Of Imagination @Tree @Goddess @DamagedGlasses @Rifleman @HelixCube

Sica Pera

Rooftops

Between the events of the crash and the day before Sica seemed to have wiped most of it from her memory, after all it did help that she took a rather solid hit to her head while landing. She looked around noticing the others on the roof not paying much attention to them. A few moments later she was disturbed to hear a familiar yelling in her ear. "You're in a hostile environment so get the hell up you lazy piece of-" Johnathan, her trainer, was cut off by her engineer. "You really should have sat out on this one Sica, after all I did just repair your arm." Sica let out a quiet sigh before speaking calmly. "Yes, thank you for telling me." The calm in her voice quickly evaporated as she screamed at the top of her lungs with no attention or care to those around her. "And I understand where the hell I am so shut up!" The engineer knew she wasn't talking to him but to Johnathan. "You did not just speak to me like that! I could easily snap you in two or just feed you to Kerburus dogs again? Do you want-" Sica pressed a button on her earpiece shutting off the communications from Johnathan who was now probably flipping a table or putting his fist through the nearest wall.

Sica finally began to look around to find where she was, a medical tent along with her helmet to the left of her. "I do not need medical attention, I have a couple cuts so I am leaving." She picked up her helmet and darted out of the small, cripple infested tent and into a larger world of bloody yet glorious combat. Taking one good look at her helmet before putting on she smiled. It slipped into a comfortable position as light blue neon lights glowed in the visor giving her a couple useless readings about the area around her such as longitude and latitude. Reaching down to her side she pulled out her cryo pistol loading a fresh clip into it. The clip itself had a special modified form of liquid nitrogen which not only coated but filled the small bullets. The bullets themselves had very little damage to their targets though, as it was only meant to penetrate and freeze, not kill. A few moments later she felt a familiar metallic slither come from her leg to her chest then finally settled around her neck like a piece of jewelry.
"Hello Lucifer are you ready to have some fun today?" The robot snake that Sica had for years looked at her as she stroked his bottom jaw with her index finger. "You're the only one that won't yell at me and I love you for it." Sica spoke softly so only the snake could hear it. Even if it was a robot it still held a special place in her heart as the only thing that kept her sane.

Rooftop

waking up

As the medic's finished up their work on Alistair, waking up slowly Alistair would gaze around the Med tent. "
A regular home away from home eh" as his hand reaches out and gently grasps his helm that had been placed beside him, with the remnants of his armor from his arm and leg which had to be removed. "Can I go now?" Alistair would mumble at one of the doctors. "yes yes you may go" the doctor would say sounding somewhat annoyed. Taking this as his cue to leave, Alistair would stand up. His armor looking ragged from having bits removed for his wound treatment.

Hearing the commotion outside as Alistair emerged from the tent, and looked around at what had happened since his falling unconcious. "Nothing has changed. it seems" he would let out a content sigh, before pulling out his SMG's and dumping the empty mags that sit inside them, pulling out his destroyed sword from its sheath. "Akira is going to kill me.." pressing some buttons on his wrist computer he would open a radio channel back home to Akira. to leave her a message

"
Hey Akira.. Its me, Just letting you know, shits fucked. I got hurt, sword you gave me broke. Just everything is going peachy ya know see you when I get back" and with that the radio channel would close, hopefully she wont see it till later. Alistair took a deep breath and looked at his leg and arm, they seemed to be decently looked after, hopefully he can still fight. looking over at the two beside the roofs edge. "Dont see that often.." he would mumble and look to the girl pointing the rifle at them. before reaching down and patting her head. "I think they are champions girly"

@everyone on the roof

Nadia Rader - Mute

Rooftop - Pointing a Rifle at People

Mercifully some medical personnel picked up the unconscious man and dragged him to the meagre remains of the medical tent. That was one less thing to worry about, giving Nadia some well-needed room to breathe. The situation was tense enough with the two menacing figures before her, she didn't really want to have to worry about someone getting caught in the crossfire.

After a few seconds the dragon-looking guy started talking, so that was a relief. As he mentioned getting off the roof Nadia glanced around at the various holes that had been punched through the floor, and she could see the lower floors through a few of the nearest ones. That seemed like as good an option as any for getting down - it looked like one even lead to some stairs. She assumed that most of the other champions were already down there somewhere, as she hadn't noticed that many in the medical tent when she was putting her gear on. Either that, or more people hadn't made it through the crash...

She turned back to look down her scope just as the mutant-looking woman let forth a black mass of organic ooze straight towards her. Nadia tensed - she hadn't expected this figure to be able to reach her from way over there, and this caught her by surprise. She tried to calm herself, taking a breath and sighting the black goop that was racing towards her when this figure also spoke. Yet more surprises, yay, she thought. The black stuff had stopped its rapid advance toward her, which was nice, but this woman it was attached to didn't seem friendly, or even very in control of herself. She just threatened to kill me. Right.

The mutant woman started bickering with the dragon-man, and as the black gunk retreated from her, she slowly stood and let her rifle drop, still keeping a firm grip on it should anything else go awry. She made the decision to find the other champions in the building - with the dragon-guy apparently more concerned with looking for a way home and the ooze-woman seemingly unstable and threatening to kill everyone, she figured she couldn't be very useful with either of them. She was here for the mission, to protect the civvies and scientists and help with the fact-finding. Home wasn't an option yet, they had only just arrived. That, and she was used to working alone, so suddenly grouping up with a couple of irritable and possibly unhinged champions didn't seem like a winning move for anybody.

The ooze-woman motioned to a disembodied arm a short distance away, still alive and secreting its own black gunk. She wanted Nadia to get it for her. Despite the slightly gory scene, she normally would have had no problem offering her help, but after being threatened at...ooze-point, she guessed, coupled with this woman's rude and unstable nature, Nadia was less than inclined.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and jumped a little, looking around to see the unconscious man from before. At least he was alright, she supposed, small mercies and all- Girly. Wow. Nadia was done. She was a patient woman when it came to fighting and usually when it came to people, but after being in a plane crash, facing down her own death at the hand of an unstable mutant woman and dealing with utterly rude champions she didn't know and who only seemed intent on creating more problems, she wasn't in the best of moods as it was and being called 'girly' was a stretch too far.

She tersely shrugged off the hand and holstered her rifle, taking her data pad from her belt and typing out a message as she walked slowly to the hole she had seen that lead down to some stairs. She made a point of stepping over the disembodied arm on the way - a dick move, absolutely, and she did feel a strong twinge of guilt after doing it. She stopped at the hole and turned to face the ooze-woman and dragon-man in particular, her face a picture of forced calm as she pressed the 'speak' button. "You can go home, and you should try not to kill anyone. I am here for the mission, so I'm going to find the other champions and help out. Do not call me 'girly'." At that last sentence, she cast a stern gaze at the black-haired man.

She heard a low boom echo through the air below her and felt the floor tremble slightly, and smoke started to billow up from one side of the building below. What the hell was going on down there? Nadia was going to find out, so she clipped her pad back to her belt, pulled out her pistol and, with a small mock-salute to the other champions on the roof, she jumped into the hole and started slowly making her way down the stairs. Whether or not the other champions were down there causing all kinds of ruckus, she needed a break from the people up here regardless.

Tags

@Wilcox @las0r0o7 @Fujiwara Tadayoshi @Nadia's coming downstairs!

Jekyll Wilson

Third floor

Jekyll made sure to keep his grip tight as he was tugged by the girl, having become quickly used to the pulling. It was slightly annoying at first, but the reasoning behind it left little to be antsy about it as he got more and more ok with it. Besides, it wasn’t to bad. She was fast, with that peculiar smoke thing she had going on, but Jekyll kept up with only slight difficulty. It was harder to go fast when you had so little kinetic energy to work off of. It was also the lack of nectar that hampered his physical abilities, but Jekyll made it down the stairs either way.

Jekyll blinked as the arrived in the next room, watching with interest as the woman quickly disposed of the 4 bodies that laid across haphazardly along the ground. Taking off, as the woman made her way over the debris in the room, Jekyll followed in pursuit, keeping a good hold of the vase under his arm. He was glad that the ceramic container had come to good use, and it would have been rather awkward to carry around all of those syringes. Jekyll was so lost in the thought, that he almost didn’t hear the small mutter. At first he thought she was talking to him, the smoke getting in the way of his vision of her every now and then, but her lack of afterthought quickly killed the notion and he was left wondering about what exactly had been said. Then he noticed the looks. Making their way over to some more bodies, he noticed the quick sharp glances, the small flinches, the discrete reactions to unseen nuances.

As she pulled away from his grip, letting go of his arm, he almost felt bad, like his examination had been felt and there was suddenly an offense that had knew nothing of. Her actions became even stranger, and only cemented his thoughts. He thought of ways to help, but he realized that while they were fundamentally in the same position, there was nothing he could do. Hallucinations were the unseen and unnoticed demons by those not afflicted. It was, to him, the reason why those afflicted with them were so screwed up in life. There was nothing to be done about them and it was only worsened by trying to make deals. He reached out to touch her, offer his support in the only way he could think of, when her hand shot out, the clear intentions of “staying back” being loud and proud. Had she noticed his movements? No, Jekyll thought as the smoke began to rise around her, from her even.

It held a more violent tinge to it, as if it was something she could never control, but in a stark contradiction, the smoke moved under her silent caresses, performing a weird sort of show that end with the bodies being stripped of their deadly acids and other usable parts. As the girl looked up at him with the syringes in her hand, holding them out for him to take, he smiled and took them, putting them in his ceramic vase for safe keeping.

“Good job”, Jekyll said, but he frowned slightly as he put a hand on her shoulder, “Don’t let them get to you, ok? It’s different for everyone, and I know that, but it always helps to ignore them. Less encouraging that way, you know?” He patted her before hearing an echo from above his head, coming from one of the upper rooms near the top. Nudging her, he said, “I think somethings going on up there. We can get some more bodies on the way, but lets start moving back to base.” He grabbed onto her sleeve, pressing on as to not leave her behind, though he did keep it soft if she wanted to stay. As he heard the sounds of his fellow champions, the thick floors messing with his headset, which he had found to be most likely broken to some degree, Jekyll slowly began to hear more and more of what was going on, hurrying up as some of it began to sound like fighting. He knew he should have stayed up at the roof for this kind of stuff.

@Goddess @Shura @Der Kojote @King Of Imagination @Darksoul90 @RestOfRoofDwellers

Cecil: The Phantom
Third floor--Rooftop

Cecil smiled a little when he said good job. It was the first time in a while that she heard something so sincere. Cecil was a bit thrown off by it, but soon got back on track when he commented again. Don't let them get to me? How when it is everyone that I've left down creating the noises in my head. Cecil grimaced as smoke released from the fans that surrounded her body. The smoke gathered around then so faded as she nodded her head. Confront him about it was her first option, but that would lead to conflict. Either she would leave him stranded, or she would anger him. Cecil chose number two, to leave it be and just nod. This was the first time she had made another friend. Roy was an ass, and Iris protected her one time. This meeting was more simple, no one saving each other, and no one being an ass. "I'll try my best." Cecil said forcing a smile, her pale transparent skin giving only half of one. As he walked so did she. Pushing away the thoughts she quickly sped up just a little to walk beside him. "There's a lot of noise up top. Shouldn't the champions have dealt with them already." Cecil gave a slight glare as she looked up toward him, but by no means was it intended for him. Cecil was angry about how they picked out the champions, simply grabbing from hat and going. Brief then get tossed into the fray of various hunts, that always meant life and death. They could be inexperienced, hurt, and wounded. Not to mention the staff of there that can't do anything, the medics. We need them the most. The more Cecil thought, the more angry she had gotten.

"I knew I should have stayed up there. I remember seeing you sitting, thinking I bet. My first thought was to stay. I know I may be judgmental and all, not really much of a big deal in the spotlight, but at least I can handle my own...you to by the way you work. I mean are they even trained properly. There is so much noise going on, so much rubble falling from above. " Cecil looked toward Jekyll before dropping her mouth as her eyes began to glass over. "They could be DEAD! Oh no or the things they've killed. They could attract more. With the hole and the ones below ...their sense of smell is stronger than ours. We must ...WE MUST go and clean up." Cecil's shocked expression turned into a rather creepy smile as she clutched her small cheeks. She began to squirm around as she thought of all the precious materials that was laying up. If they had disposed of it! Cecil picked up the pace as Jekyll did.

Since Cecil was small, and he was tall, her strides were smaller than his. So like a bunny, Cecil began to hop up the stairs by fourths. One hop , two hop, three hop, was what she kept saying. She even placed her hand on her head and moved them like bunny ears. Occasionally she would get too into the bunny play,and wiggle her rear as if there was a tail. When she reached the top of the roof , she quickly jumped out with one hand on her hip and the other on her chin. Rubbing it gently she tried to find a catch phrase for her sudden appearance, but found non. In any case, the base seemed to be in one peace , their were minor fight going on between people, but they were safe. Some wounded, but the medic team seemed to be on top of that. Cecil turned around toward Jekyll and smiled. In he corner of his biceps though she saw something lurking up the stairs. Her muscles tenses as she grabbed Jekyll and threw him to whatever side she could manage. As the lurking Lurchbilge lunged, Cecil's hand quickly drew the knife doused with toxins BBC, she drove it across his neck slitting the throat. "They say the best materials are during death, the good are after. Lets test my luck with gathering them now." Cecil jumped back as she held the knife in her hand, the other was out with a come to me position. The fans began to rotate and just like that an array of smoke began to cover her body. The only thing that stood out was the small shards of green hair, that couldn't make it into the suit.

@DamagedGlasses @Shura @Tree @Everyone on the roof.

Ash

Rooftop

Ash had been relaxing and staring off into the blue skies just killing the time so see what all was going on, aside from the annoying person threatening everyone, at this point it was a joke, she may be a champion, but so were we, and some of us have been here much longer than others. 'Sometimes I wonder how we got out here in the first place and didn't manage to argue with each other no matter, were all stuck in the same boat now'

He stood up and grabbed his scythe and stabbed it into the side of the building and started to walk out onto the edge of the hilt and stopped at the end and just perched like a bird on a pole 'well maybe I can just relax for a bit longer, or maybe, hell I don't know I'm just rambling on in my head anyways, fuck it, just wait this out, the others will come up with a plan'

Sometimes Ash would love to be in the middle of a creature slaughterhouse but the only catch was that there weren't any creatures around to kill at the moment. Ash's emotional stability was perfectly OK, his mental stability was currently on the fritz and he had meant to get some form of treatment before he came out here just to prevent others from being around when he finally does go nuts out here. Even with all that in mind he was determined to come out swinging and killing the dumb creatures, it wasn't going to be anything like what he did earlier, it was going to be much more brutal and excessive.

@whoever is nearby on the roof

(I'm ony phone is why its so short)

Elrene

Rooftop/ Ground

Elrene's left eye twitched. She didn't understand why, but the riflewoman's actions hurt, as if the gesture alone had sunk a dagger through her sternum. Some stared her down with judgmental eyes filled radiating fear and hate, others looked at her as if her presence was nothing more than a minor nuisance. It had been a long time since she had attempted to associate with another human, a long while. It had only taken a short moment to remind her of why it was. People saw her only as she appeared, seeing only the worst of her actions, and hearing only the worst of her words. In the eyes of others and herself, Elrene was just another monster.

With a hurt scowl on her face, Elrene walked across the roof to her severed arm, picking it off of the cement. She held the limb over to its rightful place, allowing the biomass to fill in the gap, reattaching her limb. It would take a while to reform the lost section of bone and muscle, but no where near as long to regrow the entire arm.

Making her way to the edge of the building, Elrene took a quick glance around. Most everyone was more or less just sitting on their asses at this point. "Useless..." She stepped off of the edge, the mess of biomass following in her descent. She folded in her limbs, wing, and wrapped the biomass around her lower body before hitting the ground below with a loud thud, making an indention in the dirt. Unwrapping herself, Elrene stood and made her way around the building. If she was able to maintain a calm state of mind, she might actually find something useful, or at least entertaining. Maybe join the exploration team?

At this point, Elrene no longer cared if she went berserk. Nobody killed would be missed, not by her at least. "People never change." She grabbed her mutated arm at the elbow and tore it off with the ease of ripping a sheet of paper. Hunching down onto her knees, she focused on the mass and wing on her back, changing their shape. The wing split apart, forming into two bladed tendrils as the the shapeless mass coagulated into the same.

She dropped he torn mutant arm, the limb rapidly deteriorating before it even hit the ground. "Time to move things along.", Elrene grinned.

Charles A. Fisher

Ground floor, preparing to move ahead.

"Man, Connor," Charles began, "The way you talk and come up with ideas on the fly is just absolutely fuckin' amazing." The old man picked himself up from the ground and watched as Gunman and Connor flawlessly worked together to clear up that wretched smell from the room. The blast literally shook the very ground they stood on, god only knows if it didn't blow a hole into the damned building. The black smoke engulfed the outer room and invaded the team's nostrils; but not for very long, thankfully. As the smoke cleared, Charles nodded a bit and walked closer to peek into the room as Connor opened the door. "The smell is all good, nice work you too." Charles said, giving them a thumbs up before looking back into the scorched room.

Shit, what if there was something good in there... Something that I could have sold for MONEY! Or something I could have used to steal MONEY!

Whatever was there that was mixed in with the bad smell is long gone now. The only thing they really did find was the computer, which no one
still didn't bother to take to the roof. Seeing that he only has one arm that is even capable of moving, he can't pick that up for his life. Almost as if on cue with his train of thought, though, Iris chimed in with the idea of finally taking that tin can up to the tech team. "Good idea, Iris. I'm gonna go around and see if-" Charles stopped for a moment as he listened in on what was going on up top. Sounded like a battle up there.

But what could they be fighting up there? Scarlas? Jesus, the thought of fighting those giant creatures is just... Well, the Champions here haven't failed with impressing him just yet, so it shouldn't be anything they can't handle. Hell, the Champions up on the roof probably finished them off. Charles looked around the room at the others in the ground floor,
"Duty calls, everyone," Charles began, "Let's hurry our asses up there."

@Shura @Der Kojote @King Of Imagination @Atom @Tree @HelixCube @Rifleman @anyoneelsekappa

Alistair "The Angel Of Death"

Rooftop

"
Oh sure get mad at someone trying to be friendly with you" Alistair would let out a sigh "Fucking bitch" he would mumble under his breath. Opening up the auto injector on his arm he would load a second dose of Nectar into it. "forget this place, not even a thanks for saving their asses." the wings on his suit would unfurl, the thrusters whirring into life with a low whistle. the Air around Alistair would slowly condense before he launched himself skyward. Hovering in the sky he would see the champion with the Mutational ability jump off the side of the building and land on the ground below. "Thankfully it hasnt worn off yet.. maybe 10 or so minutes left" thinking back to the girl who had just jumped off the roof

"
Thats one way to get down from here." He would let out a sigh "She seemed upset, maybe I will go see whats up" with quick movement he would turn and begin flying downwards, hovering above the ground a meter or so behind the woman "Uh hello?..." He would say somewhat cautiously as he gazed at her. his feet touching the ground now, with a slight stumble he would then right himself, hoping that she wasn't pissed still. "I dont want to die today" he would think to himself as he awaited a response.

But Alistair can be somewhat impatient so he would walk up behind the girl and place a hand onto her shoulder, "
Nice tendrils you got there, dont stab me please, I value my life" looking at her he would tilt his head and give a soft smile, "I am Alistair and this is..." Pulling out the broken blade "Well this is fucked.. it used to have a name, but well. its fucked so its called fucked now, because yeah its kinda fucked. if you follow me about how fucked the sword is" he would then place the sword back into the holder. "So what brings you to this fucked up place?"

@Wilcox

Elrene

Ground, outside the building

Elrene came to an abrupt stop at someone's approach. A hand fell onto her shoulder. What idiot could possibly think that laying a hand a something such as herself was a good idea? He was lucky that the hand was still attached to his body.

She craned her neck back to see who the new fool was, glaring sharply with her yellow eyes. A broad, psychotic grin faded away when she realized that somebody was trying to be friendly with her. Her outward appearance must seem less imposing due to the changes she made or something. Elrene plucked Alistair's hand from her shoulder with her thumb and index finger. "If you value your life, don't carelessly place your hands on something that may take it from you... You were fighting one of the scarla earlier?" The guy's rather rough condition attested to as much. She pointed up at the rooftop where the wrecked ship was, "What brings me here? Don't know anymore."

Turning to face Alistair, Elrene crossed her arms, the blades on her back folding in unison. She placed the palm of her hand flat on her chest, "Elrene Geffenia. Did you want something?" People always wanted something. There was no point in doing something if there was nothing to gain, no reward in it. Doing something for charity was a concept that didn't exist.

Blood lust pumped rhythmically through her veins, a need for more violence swam through the majority of her thoughts. Would this man, Alistair, be willing to go on a spree? Or even better yet, go head to head against her? She shook away the thoughts, barely. Though as thrilling as a competitive fight would be, now was probably not the time. Besides, the best sort of violence stemmed from vengeful retaliation.

Elrene waited, somewhat impatiently, for Alistair's response.

@Fujiwara Tadayoshi

Alistair "The Angel Of Death"

Outside the building, Ground level

"Yeah I fought a Scarla, Is it that obvious huh" He would run a few of his fingers through his hair, brushing some of the hair from his face, to get a better look at her. "And I am here because you seemed upset with the looks you were getting, so thought you could use a thing, dunno talker? Co thing hitter" He would give her a warm Smile, though it was short lived as a surge of pain went through his shattered arm, causing him to wince in pain slightly but the smile returned to his face after the pain ended, he had been thrown out rather half assed, probably to take in more critical people.

"
So I like your ability, seems rather useful to have, able to make weapons or new Limbs if needed. though I imagine its quite tough on your body?" He would raise an eyebrow at her as he finshed his sentence. He wasnt to sure what was going through her head, although he hoped it wouldnt lead to him fighting another champion. that would be the last thing that would be needed in the situation.

Leaning against the wall he would await her response, wondering what would be next instore for him today, "
I do hope Im not making a mistake" he would think to himself as he raised his wrist computer and and input the command for the auto injector to administer some Pain relief into him for his arm

@Wilcox

Ash

Edge of the rooftop

Ash continued to sit on the handle of his scythe while it was still stabbed into the roof and could hold his weight. He started making his way back to the roof when he looked up at the sky for a second seeing a scarla he hadn't noticed before, nothing that a bit of fire couldn't take care of, maybe. He jumped back onto the roof and grabbed his shield and pointed the bottom of it towards and pulled one of the little triggers on the back and BOOM giant flame thrower. This one was a LOT harder to hit, he only caught its tail on fire for a second and that was over when it went through the clouds.

After a good while of trying to catch it on fire he got irritated and tossed the shield down and ripped his scythe out of the ground and kept his eye on the scalrla that was left, wait for it, wait for it....... NOW Ash jumped off the ground up to the scarla and swung his scythe over his head, not the brightest idea. Just as it went over his head ZAP, struck with a bolt of lightning, now his whole left arm was numb, he still managed to stick part of the blade in its wing, still not the brightest idea ever, he really needed to work on his plans because this wasn't going out to well.

Now Ash was hanging on for dear life with a blade stuck in a scarlas wing, this was probably about to go wrong quick, and it did, ZAP, another bolt of lightning, now his left leg was numb. He slowly climbed up his scythe and onto the wing one pull at a time, it took him a little while until he was up on the wing.

He took advantage of this opportunity, he reached in his pouch and grabbed two vials of Nectar and tossed them in his mouth but didn't want to break them just yet. It was hard to do that when you were being tossed up and down over and over and over and .... CRUNCH. There went the two vials he stuck between his teeth, he had about fifteen or so minutes to think of a plan before he just started attacking at random.

'Think Ash think, what can I do to at least get down from here, oh, I know, bring it to the ground, at least close to the ground.' He thought about that for a while, way to long really, he started to feel his scales hardening like crazy, at this rate the lightning would just bounce off of him, that was a great advantage at this point in time, not only that but he could start to move his left limbs again, at first it was slow moving but wile his adrenal glands kept growing he could eventually move it like there was nothing wrong, unfortunately he knew he was going to pay for this in due time, but now wasn't the time to think about that.

He leans back to grab his scythe and saw how deep it got under its hide, just an inch or two, this was going to take forever if he wanted to chop it head off, alright, time for a new plan. He pulled the scythe out of the wing and swung it at its neck, half an inch, oh yay, this is going to take even longer to do this. He crouched down to duck from an incoming bird and grabbed it's hide to keep from falling off and found that his claws worked just as good as his scythe, just a bit but with that bit he could get to its spine after a while.

He sat down and wrapped his legs partly around its neck keeping him still as he jabbed at its neck a couple times, feeling a bolt of lightning bounce off him each time. He got a big crazy grin across his face and started going nuts just scratching away at its hide. To anyone on the ground it would look like a Tesla coil going haywire.

After scratching at its hide for a good twenty minuets he finally had a sight on its neck muscles, the first time Ash even touched them he felt a big jab against his back, of course his tail would come and try to get him off, now was a dangerous thing because if Ash even pulled any of these it would be a giant muscle cramp in its neck.

Ash grabbed ahold of one of the muscles and felt a couple more jabs at his back, good thing he was wearing his tailcoat. He pulled on it trying just to rip it out, that didn't work too well all the scarla did was do a loop and barrel roll trying to get ash off it. He stabbed at the muscle and the moment he did he felt the tail go through his gut. "
Damn wind, I was so close too, just one more stab." And Ash did just that, one more good stab and the muscle came off from one side, there was its spine.

The scarla tried to whip him off its neck but he grabbed the horn on its nose, Ash wasn't about to let this creature live after stabbing him in the gut, no way was it about to live he grabbed the spine and let go of the horn and grabbed his scythe just in time for the tail to pull hard enough that it pretty much pulled it out itself.

Now both Ash and the newly dead scarla were plummeting to the ground, and back towards the building everyone else was at 'not gonna happen' he thought to himself and he used the last of his energy to pull its wing up just high enough for it to turn and miss the building but just barely, surely everyone inside, on the roof, or even just in or around the building saw him falling down with the scarla.

It wasn't a pretty landing at all, luckily he held onto the fur on it back for an impact obsorbant, it worked to break his fall anyways. He stood up ontop of the scarla and pulled his scythe put of its shoulder and started to walk off of it until he fell over unconscious with the tail still through his gut.

There laid the enemy and the hero one victorious but not without a cost and extreme risk of death if some sort of treatment wasn't given to him immediately.

@everyone
@Shura

Elrene

Ground, outside the building

Elrene nodded. "Changing... hurts. A lot. I'm use to it though and besides..." she gripped the tip of her index finger and gave it a hard twist. The end of it broke sideways but immediately snapped back into place once she released her grip, "it doesn't last long."

She went quiet and carefully scanned Alistair from head to toe. Could he really just be bothering her to check on her condition? Or did he really just want to make small talk? perhaps her physiology had piqued his interests. That wouldn't be too unusual, even if he wasn't a scientist. Elrene's own biology occasionally comes into her own range of interest, which usually prompts her to experiment with her capabilities. That was how she had developed the acid rounds that she occasionally uses in her .44 Mag.

Now at a loss, Elrene glanced around at the surroundings. Alistair didn't seem to be speaking to her for any particularly important reason. With nothing to say, she began to feel a bit awkward. Conversations were hard. She opened her mouth to speak, repeating what she had said only moments ago, "Is there something you want?"

@Fujiwara Tadayoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back