• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Bloggers

pulpfiction

can i get a fucken uhhhhhhhhh

A . . .

giphy.gif
ever thought about it?

Blogging, I mean. Ranting about your bad day. OOTD'S. Photography. Book reviews. Posting pictures of your cat. Putting up all your pent-up emotions, your shameless selfies, and even your political opinions: all for the entirety of the Internet to see. Which is pretty much - the whole world.

After a group of teenagers meet each other online on a website called Citrus - a social networking site and a platform for blogging - they almost immediately plan to meet up in person. This, however, wasn't just the usual meet-up. The richest teenager out of the ten soon invites all of them to stay over at their summer house, where they will stay for as long as they wish. Each teen having a different blogging style, aesthetic, and pretty much personality. Only one thing ties them all together, however, and you might have already guessed what it is. Yep, that's right:
blogging.

slowly-typing.gif

c h a r a c t e r s

*the stereotypes are not a basis for your character's personality. that said, you have to choose at least four out of the ten given stereotypes to include about your character (remember to only choose the ones you think would prove tru about your character!). these stereotypes do not necessarily define your characters, just small details to strengthen their image.

*if you are still confused, here's a deeper explanation.
let's say you are applying for the art hoe. the stereotypes under the art hoe are:

? clothing: kanken backpacks, mom jeans, colorful pins, patterned socks

? music: mellow indie music

? likes: pastel colors, nature, books

you simply have to choose at least four out of those, but you can also include as many of them as you want. (e.g.
indie music, keeps a journal, stoner, likes nature, likes books, kanken backpacks
mom jeans, colorful pins, patterned socks, pastel colors
)

no slide no slide no slide no slide​
males

The Model

fashion-forward and extremely good looking, the model is quite vain. he's a little similar to the valley girl in some ways, except he probably cares a lot less about what people think. the model is known for being paid to post pictures of branded clothing and frequently advertises products on his Citrus blog. however, he's actually much nicer than most people would think, even if it takes a while to get him to follow you back.

the stereotype:

? appearance: branded clothing

? music: chill house music

? likes: taking selfies, flirting

? characteristics: elitist, arrogant, laid-back, sleeps around, stylish, ignorant

The Writer

a starving artist, some might say. he's a little broke, but he earns his keep by sending in his work to different writing contests, even if it only gets him by for about a few months before he runs out of money again. the writer is a very quiet and reserved person. if you get the chance to become close to him, however, he's very sweet and can talk endlessly about almost anything. the writer is quite the famous one on Citrus - his poetry and short stories alike getting endless counts of praise.

the stereotype:

? appearance: hoodies, sweatshirts, chucks

? music: indie & alternative, indie rock

? likes: books, poetry

? characteristics: stoner, laid-back, intellectual

The Athlete

aside from being the nice guy, the athlete is known for being skilled in sports and almost anything physical. his instagram and Citrus blog is mostly filled with either pictures of his trips around the world, his hikes, or marathons he ran in. he's a sweet, outgoing and funny guy in terms of personality.

the stereotype:

? appearance: long hair, muscular, cargo shorts

? music: upbeat electronic music

? likes: hiking, travelling, sports

? characteristics: daredevil, optimistic, friendly

The Bad Boy

not that you see him driving a motorcycle or wearing a leather jacket 24/7, but this guy definitely gives off that sort of vibe, even if you might spot him wearing something as goofy as a neon orange goose feather sweater. he's pretty much the brooding and mysterious type of guy to those who don't actually know him too well, when he might just be the opposite. nobody really knows him, which makes him all the more a mystery. girls and boys alike drool all over the enigmatic bad boy.

the stereotype:

? appearance: leather jacket

? music: rock music

? likes: parties, alcohol, girls

? characteristics: cocky, flirtatious, promiscuous, daredevil, stoner

The Social Butterfly[

he's getting pretty famous - not just on Citrus, but world-wide. he only recently entered the show business and has ever since been all over social media, being everyone's favorite teen star. he's only joining the summer get away because the other bloggers are quite internet famous as well, and in his agent's words, they could get him "a bigger cult following". he's not necessarily expecting to make friends over there.

the stereotype:

? appearance: branded clothing

? music: pop music

? likes: internet, selfies, travelling

? characteristics: laid-back, social climber, cordial, snob, outgoing

? follow all rpnation rules and guidelines! don't be a rule breaker. it's not going to turn out well for anyone.

? be creative and detailed with your posts. each post should have a minimum of ten sentences.
i will be checking.

? i understand that people will be busy w/ real life. that's why this will be a
slow-paced roleplay, so i'm not going to be pressuring anyone to post ASAP. if you don't post within the next week without telling me you won't be posting for a while, however, i'll probably have to boot you out of the RP. of course, i'll be giving you a few warnings first before i do so.

? quality over first come first serve. this means i don't do reservations, i simply choose and accept characters with the best quality of writing. coding doesn't really fit into the criteria, but i
do encourage it.

? dramaaaaa. i want it. i need it. i
crave it. only if it's in character, of course, so don't stir up any trouble OOC. or else.

? the stereotypes aren't meant to offend anyone. in fact, i encourage you to add depth to your characters, and let them break free of those stereotypes. whether or not you choose to let them be more than what i dictated they could be is completely up to you.

? have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
@oOBubblesOo @Ethereal Sorry, no reservations. I will tag you when the thread is up however. Glad you're interested!

Ethereal said:
Sorry love, old habits die hard. Stoked for this though!
That's fine! And I'm glad you're stoked, cause I am too. Woot woot.

First time being the GM and hosting a serious roleplay
(all my other RPs before this failed miserably lmao)

beehivecult said:

bruh

all the male stereotypes don't fit any of my male characters so this means i'm going to actually have to make a female character for the first time in my life

Akai said:
Can you tag me when the thread is up?
Sure thing! c:

asdfghjklkjhgajsgkdhkjd
people are interested

beehivecult said:
all the male stereotypes don't fit any of my male characters so this means i'm going to actually have to make a female character for the first time in my life
lmao you can make the stereotypes different if you want. make the bad boy gay. make him trans. give his personality a makeover as we get into the RP. idgaf

pulpfiction said:
lmao you can make the stereotypes different if you want. make the bad boy gay. make him trans. give his personality a makeover as we get into the RP. idgaf
i guess luka is a writer but like dakota is shy af and prob would be a social butterfly but just v bad and jack prob would too?? or the model??? bc his faceclaim is?? idkdkdkkdkdkdkdkdskkdjsd

beehivecult said:
i guess luka is a writer but like dakota is shy af and prob would be a social butterfly but just v bad and jack prob would too?? or the model??? bc his faceclaim is?? idkdkdkkdkdkdkdkdskkdjsd
asdfghjkl your characters are beautiful though

Akai said:
Omg just post the character sign up already!
I'm so flipping excited.

Omg chill haha! I might post the thread sometime this weekend. No promises, though! I'm trying to get as many people as I can before we start.

Mmk.

You have to get used to this if I'm joining in the role play.

(Secretly lmao-ing while I watch everyone cry)

I'll tag you all when the thread's ready. If I don't finish it tonight, it might be done by tomorrow evening or on the weekend. So excited for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back