Blight!

Oh great and powerful RPdom MGMT, I am looking to bring back a game from ye ole PatternSpider. Specifically this one.

RP: Blight!

System: Exalted! 2.5

Exclamation Point?: Exclamation Point!

Current Players: MrSerious, Happerry, Sherwood, Arynne, Ebon_Arbiter

Enrollment: I'm always accepting applications and inquiries, though I prefer to keep my player-load light. A knowledge of Exalted or even Autochthonia is not required, as a lover of Exalted I am always happy to help introduce someone to and educate someone on the systems and settings.

Me as an ST: I am very open to suggestion, and prefer my players to take a proactive role in the game: It is as much my world/game as it is yours. We all contribute and play off of each other. If we all aren't having fun, no one is having fun.

Barebones Info: This is a game taking place in the Exalted setting of Autochthonia, a dark magicyberpunk world where the Alchemical Exalted, National Heroes incarnated into technological bodies to better serve their people, try and keep the peace and help their people survive in the body of their magitech god, Autochthon.

Book Jacket Blurb: The world of Autochthonia has been rocked by a (super)natural disaster. The blight zones are taking over, and in this dark time, dark magics are about. With the destabilization of society, rumors and gossip are abound on what is actually happening in the world, and more importantly, what will happen.

Please and thank you.

Here is the original Interest Blurb, reprinted for posterity.

The Realm of Brass and Shadow is growing quiet. The shortages have grown worse and worse, and it isn't only affecting the Eight Nations. Even the Gremlins are beginning to grow desperate in the reaches, turning on themselves in their time of need. The light is growing dimmer, and the darkness is quaking.

Possibly more disturbing is the fact that cities are going quiet. Cities disappear through the churning of the makers body, Gremlins surge en mass, or they wither when enveloped in the growing blight. The rumors can no longer be suppressed as refugees arrive with harrowing tales and the haunting ruins of patropoli are found.

Trying times are creating an interesting age. There were tails of a city in Yugash that was ready to return to the old world, but a swath of blight has cut off any news from that direction for some time. Of late there has been a movement, born from Jarish, to seek out the Core in hopes of finding some solace. Large groups of pilgrims, some with Alchemicals in their number, have left most nations. Less bolstering are the claims that things are changing out in the blight- but those are dismissed out of hand. Who could possibly have gone so deep into the blight and be able to tell the tale?

This is set to be a trying Alchemicals game. Vat access won't be ubiquitous, but it won't be scarce. Think a few Alchemicals, in an Aerial Skiff, dodging Gremlins, and just trying to find that one little wisp of hope that might be the turn of this dark age. Pretty much, I looked at the Aerial Skiff, saw the obvious reference to The Matrix, and wanted some sweet dark Alchemical tunnel action.

I'm more fond of smaller groups myself, 4 at the most.

And here are some of the specifics. The game takes place after The Great Void Quake, detailed here.

Roughly over a year ago, Autochthonia erupted into a sea of cacophony and turmoil. Plates crashed and ripped apart; rampant catastrophic system failures wreaked mass mayhem; and large portions of the Great Makers body withered and died.

Many Autochthonians thought it was the end, many said their final prayers to the Great Maker, and just as many didn't know who to pray to anymore. After what seemed like an eternity of chaos, the tremors and tragedy stopped. The Reconstruction was hard at first, even the most stalwart and headstrong thought about giving up more than once, but the Octet did what they have done for 5,000 years: Survive. Now, life as they knew it was not restored, far from it. This simulacrum of status quo, this meager existence eked out in the face of possible annihilation was far from what had been, but it was still better than Creation, and it is better than being dead. Many tram lines were caved in if not completely sheared in half as the Maker's body moved in ways no one thought possible, making interpolis/international transportation/communication/trade difficult or impossible. Even a year later, many towns and polis's have yet to be contacted or found and are assumed lost.

This completely remapped Autochthon, marbled with Blight Zones, is the result of The Great Void Quake, as it would come to be known.

Here is the home Metropolis of the game (currently), Bastion.

While Arat may be the arms capitol of Claslat, Bastion is its theurgic powerhouse. Although it has not reached the heights of Ancient Nurad, Bastion numbers among the most scientifically and magically advanced of the Octet. Many of the more modern and popular Protocols were designed and perfected in the White Jade Tower that defines Bastion in the minds of most of the populat. It is a center for learning and research, some of which might be controversial if they were to ever get out.

In Outer Claslat, on the far side from Arat, nestled in a basin in a mineral rich expanse the pearly spire of Bastion can be found. The municipal charms, residences, and processing plants lining the bowl outward from the tower make it look similar to an antennae, or satellite dish. In the Great Void Quake, a shearing effect moved Bastion many miles down and away from Central Claslat. Contact has been reestablished, but trade and travel have been made much more difficult. Bastion's mineral rich geography has created an interesting social divide, as Bastion is the main producer of stone and concrete for Claslat. The working Populat look at the more academic in awe and disdain, while the learned do the much the same in their own erudite way. The tension hasn't come to any head, but the declining conditions can make agitated aggressors of even the most understanding. In addition to those two vague groups, the Glot bosses and all that comes with them still survive, although they aren't near as ingrained in Bastion as in Arat.

There is a new addition to the communal cloth of Bastion: The Refugees. From Claslat, other nations, and even the tunnelfolk, refugees have gathered here, as in most polis'. They are predominately relegated to their makeshift homes along the ring of the basin, though some have worked their way in and live in alleyways and wherever else they can. These refugees bring tales of far off places, some impossible, and some too possible, and more show seemingly every day. The refugees are put to work though as best befitting their caste if possible, and they are provided what little can be spared in return.

Recently, one thing about Bastion surprised the Tripartite. When the spy networks were functioning, and information was coming in about Project Razor, everyone expected for Bastion to become ravenously interested, most likely to the point of refusing all other work until she could attempt it herself, but she noted interest, and calmly stated that she, "would rather concentrate on her other work. It is showing great promise." Those who knew what Bastion's other work involved were mildly concerned, but trusted her judgement, whether that trust was misplaced is yet to be seen.

And, the treatment.

You will be playing Alchemical Exalted, errata'd chargen, +50xp. You can be from Bastion, recently transferred from elsewhere in Claslat, a refugee alchemical from another nation, whatever. I'm pretty open and willing to work with strong concepts. There will be most likely 3, but I might go higher depending on turnout. There will be a slight preference for people joining us from the other thread as they have patiently awaited me to finalize this. So feel free to throw out concepts, and questions, I will do the same!

Hey! I would like for you to talk a bit more about your game, because I don't know what it is about besides that its in Autochthonia and from there I can kind of guess that it involves alchemical players and that is because I have exalted knowledge.

You should talk a bit what Autochthonia is and what alchemicals are etc.

http://www.rpdom.com/threads/roleplay-creation-skeleton.51839/ are just suggestions of some things you can fill out but you don't have to follow that skeleton, it's just a system. Your RP submission thread will also function as your future recruitment thread, same for every other roleplay. So it should be as detailed as possible :D !

magnificentmomo said:
Currently I am not looking for any more players, but that could always change.
Main reason he's asking you to do a submission right there. Honestly, you can probably copypasta some description from the actual forum and get it through real quick, :)

http://www.rpdom.com/threads/roleplay-creation-skeleton.51839/[/URL] are just suggestions of some things you can fill out but you don't have to follow that skeleton, it's just a system. Your RP submission thread will also function as your future recruitment thread, same for every other roleplay. So it should be as detailed as possible :D !
Sorry about that, I was just trying to get my old game resurrected, wasn't really thinking past that.

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]Main reason he's asking you to do a submission right there. Honestly, you can probably copypasta some description from the actual forum and get it through real quick, :)

[/QUOTE]
10-4, five by five. Editing the OP as I type.

EDIT: I've finished editing the OP. Sorry I didn't use the template, I already had all of this information on the old forums and I felt it covered the same information. Let me know if there is any other way I can help!

magnificentmomo said:
Sorry about that, I was just trying to get my old game resurrected, wasn't really thinking past that.
10-4, five by five. Editing the OP as I type.

EDIT: I've finished editing the OP. Sorry I didn't use the template, I already had all of this information on the old forums and I felt it covered the same information. Let me know if there is any other way I can help!
That is perfectly fine, the template is just a suggestion, no one has to use it at all ever.

We will get back to your request soon, thanks for making your changes!

Thanks and sorry again, I didn't mean to convey any laziness or disrespect with the barebones request; I was just seeing it as a simple request thread instead of a portal to my RP.

magnificentmomo said:
Thanks and sorry again, I didn't mean to convey any laziness or disrespect with the barebones request; I was just seeing it as a simple request thread instead of a portal to my RP.
One thing I would like you to add, if you were to take new players would you be willing to train and help new exalted players? I think that should be added to every game because every storyteller is different :) ! That would be all :D

This request has been approved!

The storyteller may now proceed to the cartographer's table to get his request processed.

HUZZAH! Where is this 'Cartographer's Table?' I've yet to see this particular forum.

Edit: Custodian of Unity lives to fight for Autochthon once again!

MrSerious said:
HUZZAH! Where is this 'Cartographer's Table?' I've yet to see this particular forum.
It's a secret forum only visible to storytellers. It is also where we keep the good refreshments, and the elusive muffin button.

MrSerious said:
If you are running a game on the site or get a game approved, you gain access to that particular forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back