• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blackwood High: Our Beginning

Skylar walked in the gate, her head down. She bumped into someone, who merely ignored her as if she was nothing more than a patch of wind. Skylar said nothing, though the usual tears were running down her face. She always had tears going down her cheeks; it was just a part of being empty.

---------

Max walked through the gates, smiling and winking at cute boys she saw, although on the inside, she was freaking out. She walked past a girl who seemed to be crying, and smirked, ignoring her for the most part. She felt a bit bad for it, but she had to keep up her 'rude popular' appearance.

Terry Bloom had no time for this so called group of 'friends' she was talking to right now. She giggled at a stupid joke on of them had made, and dismissed herself.

"I'm sorry! I have to go! I think I see Max!" Terry apologized.

One of them scoffed. "She's so rude, though."

Terry gulped nervously. She hated scenes like thinks. One wrong word and her years of practice and works would come tumbling down. "I--I think she's nice!" Terry stammered, playing with a pigtail.

They laughed. "You're so innocent, Terry," once of them said. Terry faked a blush. "Alright, you can go," they said, "we'll see you later."

Terry watched them walk away. She wove her way through the blustering crowd, and finally caught up to Terry. "Y--you're so fast!" Terry panted, then managed another giggle. She ignored the fact Max was shorter than her, though Terry really wanted to laugh every time she ran up to her.

She readjusted her skirt, which had become a bit rustled during her trek. "Anyways, aren't you excited to see our friends again? Terry smiled excitedly. "I'm really looking forward to seeing Naomi and everyone else!" Terry smiled brightly and energetically, trying to get some energy into this grumpy gal.

Max sighed, and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, sure, Terry... I just want this all to be over," she said, although she was contradicting herself on the inside. I love this school.. I'm glad to be here, I really am, she thought.

@transparent dreams

Terry pouted. "Oh, come on! Don't be like that!" She smiled somewhat reassuringly and gave a light punch on Max's arm. "It's the first month of school. You have eleven more to go." She waved to a friend. "Besides, I'm here to help you!" She smiled dazzlingly.

Ugh. This is so cheesy.

Terry suddenly stopped and clapped her hands together, exclaiming a point of sudden remembrance. "Oh! Um... By the way, Max," she caught up to the blonde girl's stride. "Have you finished your English essay yet?"

Coralysis walked through the front doors of the school, feeling a sense of dread, it seemed. She shifted the bag on her back and shifted her small journal from one side to the other. She was not looking forward to today. Even though it seemed like a normal day, she could almost guarantee that someone would ask to look at her essay, and she could almost imagine the few choice "populars" that would ask. She didn't want to tell them no, after all, what if they threw her down to the "invisibles"? That would be the worst day of her life. That was just something she'd have to deal with; the attention just for her smarts.

Terry sighed. "Oh, come on, now, Max!"

They entered the massive school. "Well, we have a handful of minutes before class, so I could help you!" She smiled and grabbed Max's hand cheerfully. "Let's go to the library, now! It's only two pages."

Skylar pulled out her journal and looked at it blankly, before sticking it back in her bag. She looked around with the same blank eyes, and sat down on one of the benches. She watched the tears from her face drip onto her hands as she stared down at her lap.

Terry pursed her lips. "Oh, come on, now! Be a little more cautious of your grades."

Terry grabbed Max by her hands and dragged her to library. Take this as something you'll have to owe me later, Terry smirked internally. "Okay," Terry exclaimed in a bright voice, "so our essay is about..." Terry thought, trying to remember. "I'm pretty sure it was about our own experience... Something that changed our lives." Terry gave a quick glace down to Max.

"I chose the time I nearly broke my arm when I was younger." She quickly added, "and--and no need to feel pity for me, I'm all good!" She gestured with both of her arms to make a point.

"So," Terry asked, "what is your topic going to be about?"

Max looked up at Terry, and her face softened for a moment, her mask slipping away. She nodded silently and pulled out a piece of paper, then said, "Um.. I think I'll keep it a surprise." She began writing:

My life changing experience was... when I came here. To this school, for the first time. I... I changed myself, to please others. Since then, I've acted like I'm expected to; a mean, popular, bratty bitch. I don't like it.. lying to others. It makes me feel like I'm slipping away more and more every day...

Max's writing slowed, until it stopped completely. She looked at the paper, then crumpled it into a ball, her face hardening. "Never mind, it was a stupid idea. I guess I'll just make something up," she said, taking out a new paper and writing her essay.

@transparent dreams

Terry reminded herself to get it later... It might be something personal she could use against Max later. She saw Max readying to throw the crumpled ball into the rubbish bin. "Ah! Wait, Max..." Terry blurted. "I... I'll throw that away for you... You need more time to write!" Terry hoped Max would let her. She gave a smile.

Max looked up at her, and said, "...No, I'm fine." She got up and tossed the ball into the trash, not noticing it fall back out due to the fullness of the bin. She sat back down and resumed writing, her face hard.

@transparent dreams

Kairi walked toward the school head down, people running into her left and right she didn't push through the crowd allowing them to dictate where she would go, falling over was not on her list of things to do and its not like the teachers where going to demand her to show up on time when they didn't wish for her to be their in the first place. Most of all giving the poplar's ammo against her before the day had even begun? Was even worse. So she trudged on pretending she didn't exist just like everyone else did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back