• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic BioGenesis Safe House: Surviving the Post-Apocalypse.

He looked at her when she said her name then started to walk again. He listened to her short story which was very varied from the rest he heard. He took a deep breath and said "I go by Verdun, i'd be surprised if you knew the name." He would be surprised if she did know about the name for it was a name of a french town. Stopping for a moment he got on top of a wrecked car trying to look at the surrounding house looking for where he thought the fireworks came from. If what he saw was correct they were about 5 blocks away, which would mean they'd get there just a little after the sun came down. Verdun got off the car and said "We'll get there a little after nightfall." He started walking again looking back at Nat every once and awhile.

"Verdun.." The name rolled off her tongue nicely, it was unique, strange, but interesting. As he leaped up onto the car, she looked ahead. "After nightfall? We'd better be careful..." Again, she took out her gun, you could never be too careful. You also never knew when infected would pop up.

Verdun was silent after she took out her gun he stilled walked forward, but his mind seemed elsewhere. He was currently thinking about what will happen once they reach where the fireworks where. A bunch of looters? Regular people? Infected? The list went on and on in his head. He told himself maybe the best thing they'd find is a couple of non looted corpses to help them out with there travels. He looked back at Nat momentarily, his head was mostly forward they were about to the safe house when they hit a side road that went up it. Verdun stooped and looked back at Nat "Here we are, just up this road that's where i saw the fireworks." He paused then said "You know you don't have to come...it's your choice." He looked back at the road waiting for her answer.

Anxiety bubbled in her chest at what they would find, Natalie couldn't tell if she was scared to find infected, or scared to find other survivors. Her stomach rumbled again, and she held it to quickly stop it. As she looked round, yet again, she wondered where the time went. She remembered when there was a time when streets were semi-okay, where people had friends, family.

His words pulled her back to reality, "Us survivors need to look out for each other. I've got your back for now." She smiled.

After hearing her response Verdun said "Okay...okay let's go." He started walking down the road leading to the safe house. Hundreds of thought were running through his head, but the only three outcomes he could think of were: 1. They'd get shot at 2. They'll find friendly people 3. All there gunna find is dead people or infected. After thinking these options over he deiced it best to just keep walking, for now he couldn't really panic he brought Nat with him anyway and since he was taking point he had a life in his hands. He looked up the sun had just set and the darkness with filling the streets, he reached around into his backpack and undid a strap or two and took out a battery powered lantern holding it out in front of him as he walked. Then after about another 2 minutes they reached the entrance of the house. A big iron fence at the entrance i, Verdun looked back at Nat and said "Should we wait or try and get attention?" He looked at her waiting for an answer.

The iron fence towered over them, and a lump appeared in her throat. She swallowed hard and looked at him, "I'm not sure, what if they're not friendly? For all we know, they could be infected in there." All this ran through her mind, she was just waiting for an infected to run out and leap at them. Sighing, Nat nodded, "Let's just try and get attention, no use sitting around here doing nothing, waiting for something to happen, huh?" She looked up at him.

Verdun again started running the possibility through his head, Nat was right these people may be infected, or just out to kill them. Verdun thought over the getting attention idea thought it immediately got rid of a couple outcomes. So Verdun sat down his pack and went through it, there must be something that he can use to get there attention. Sadly there wasn't much to use the only item he had that made a decent amount of noise was the book clunking around in the cigar box. Verdun looked up at Nat putting stuff back in his pack and said "You got anything that could make some noise?" He put his items back in his pack and stood up looking at her then turning back to look at the fence every so often.

"Hm, gimme a second." She kneeled down, pulling round her backpack, rummaging through it. "Uhmm.." Nat pulled out some small pebbles. "I took these from the beach, you can use these."

She took them in her small soft hands and held them up to him.

Verdun looked at the mere pebbles to throw at the house, and it was quite a throw. He sighed and took them out of Nat's hand saying "Let's see if gym class payed off." He took the first out of about dozen pebbles and threw it hitting a wall of the house. He swore under his breath and threw again missing this went on for about 7 pebbles before he was down to 5. He looked back at Nat and said "Cross your fingers." He threw two more to no anvil, but when he threw the last 3 the all successfully pinged off a window. He sighed in relief, and sat down his back on the fence and looked to Nat "If the pebbles don't do anything we could just shake the hell out of this fence." He put his head back and looked up to the sky, hoping that someone heard them.

"If they didn't hear, we could help each other over." She looked at him, "I mean, you could push me over and I'd get something for you to climb over with?" She wasn't sure how well that plan would work out, but they didn't have much of a choice if they didn't hear them.

((what are we gonna do? O.o no one else is rping.))

Finn waited for the older man to say something, but it looked like the conversation was over. He nodded politely and the guy, and sheepishly made his way over to where the two women were sitting above Takai. He still couldn't see this Chana woman's face. He rummaged through his bag and pulled out an extra bottle of water, tossing it to the Asian woman.

"This is my last bottle. Looks like he needs it more than me. The bloke was kinda foolish to let himself get that dehydrated in this damned climate."

He smiled tentatively at Yasuko as he moved forward, and then glanced for the first time at the woman named Chana. His breath stuck in his throat. He wasn't prepared for this. Wounds, he was fine with. But this. He hadn't felt this in a long while.

He was flustered.

She was lovely. Somehow with a childlike hope about her face, despite the forsaken world. Lengthy dark lashes framing the loveliest brown eyes he had ever seen. But they were filled with an old brokenness. They looked shattered, shiny...but still hopeful. Her bangs fell over her forehead, cut straight across, the rest of her inky hair falling like waves. Her mouth was set in a slight and worried pucker, her brows knit and nose faintly wrinkled.

"I- uh- that is, I mean-"

Finn knew he was staring as he butchered his words. He couldn't help it. A furious blush darkened his face beneath all his stubble.

I survived the end of the world only to lose my voice to some pretty girl.

Verdun almost felt like a fool Nat was right they could just help each other over the fence. He thought it over and said "Let's give it 5 minutes...by then we should know if someones there." So he sat down and went into his bag taking out a box of ammo. He opened it and spilled the contents out, the contents that poured out were not one kind of bullets, no several each one different then the next. Verdun picked them up ,and put them together nicely he stared at them for awhile then started to pick them up, and put them back in the box.

Loni was curled up behind a dumpster, sobbing silently. Stop crying! Crying isn't going to help you at all! She told herself this all the time, but ti never seemed to work. The creatures were surrounding her, and she was stuck. She just sat there and waited for the worst to come. "I love you Loni, and don't ever forget it!" The image of Tsumi's face flashed in her mind. Tsumi was the last person she had loved... She tried to push the thought from her head and thought about the situation. Loni looked around, wiping the tears from her eyes. She noticed a ladder about a meter to the left. She shakily got up and jogged over to it. As fast as she could, Loni climbed it, stopping at the roof.

The sound of a deep voice that bore a strong British accent caused Chana to shift her gaze upward after a few beats. She met the gaze of a tall man, a ridged scar trailing along his unshaven cheek. He looked to be a bit older than her, though his thick chestnut hair have him a younger appearance. When their eyes met, the man stopped talking. He began to stutter, his face beginning to turn red.

What's his problem? Oh wait.

Chana's mind instantly went to the scar on her abdomen that was exposed, and she resisted the urge to cover her stomach. The cropped tank she wore did nothing to shield the puckered flesh.

But it didn't matter anymore now. What mattered was Isao getting better. She pursed her lips at the stranger, arching an eyebrow.

"Well. Thank you for the water. My name's Chana. Chana Eden. Have you heard about what we're trying to do here?"

She chose to ignore the man's sputtering, deciding it was probably because of the twisted flesh at her belly. How could she expect people to react any different? Biting back any quick remarks, she gazed at the newcomer as she waited for him to respond.

Meanwhile, Asher wandered the hallways in search of his sister. He didn't want to sit alone on that room anymore. Following the sound of voices, he navigated the crisscrossing hallways of the old shelter.

Loni ran across the top of the building and jumped onto another, deciding to climb down. She went down the ladder and saw a big building in the distance. It was barricaded and she could faintly hear voices from it. What if it was raiders...? They had tried to take her already... she didn't want to go through it again. Loni slowly made her way to the building carefully slipped through the barricades and what-not.

Natalie watched him, then looked back at the sky. "Man...sometimes you wonder how we got here, don't you? Why can't we just go back." Closing her eyes, she sighed, relaxing her shoulders and rubbing her forehead.

She opened her eyes shortly after and looked round, wondering how many other survivors there really were.

Verdun laughed after what Nat said, he laughed until his stomach hurt. Saying while he laughed "Go back? Ha!" Then he stopped laughing and grimly said "There is no going back from what we've seen, and let's hope the next generation don't have to as well." He was finished with his memory game, and put it back into the box. He looked at Nat and then at the fence "Okay...it's dark so you want me to hoist you over the fence?" He stood up, and looked at the wall surrounding the fence "Man..if anyone is in there, they got crap security." He looked back at Nat waiting for her response.

Yasuko didn't bother to dry her tears, knowing full well another torrent would replace them. Her hand clutched at Takai's ragged coat, one he'd been wearing since she'd last seen him. Her fingers traced along the roughened fabric, noting the tears as her eyes ran along the loose fibers that jutted from it. After several moments, she felt Chana's hand fall upon her quivering shoulder, yet didn't care to move it.

Isao you big dummy... look at what you're turning me into...

Closing her eyes, Yasuko attempted to cleanse her mind of the chaotic emotions that plagued it, then raised her head from Takai's chest. She listened silently as Chana spoke of her goals with the safe house, how she wanted to bring survivors together and rebuild what was left of humanity. The thought made the corner of Yasuko's lips curl into a half-smile. The younger woman reminded her of Isao when he first wanted to bring together the Hell Slayers. After a few more moments, Chana made her offer for Yasuko and Isao to stay, which threw her off guard, but she recovered and sorted through her words carefully.

"You know," she started while watching Takai's face, "Isao, or Takai as you've known him, was once a lot like you. He was rough, and angry, but he wanted to create a place that other kids like us could go, brats that waded through crap during their childhood."

Yasuko watched as Chana's hand fell to rest upon Isao's, and proceeded to cover it with her own.

"Of course, he was the most f**ked up out of anyone. But even with all he went through, with all he lost, he still wanted to give some meaning to his life by starting that gang. Yeah... he killed a lot of rival gang members, started wars and the like, and it probably wasn't for the best, but if there is a scrap of the man he was before left in there, he wants this safe house to succeed."

Taking a deep breath, she paused as her new confidant addressed the English man who'd approached them, nodding to him in curt appreciation, then continued.

"I can't make any promises about what Isao will do... he's a stubborn a**hole and doesn't forgive easily, if at all. My place is with him. He is the only reason I came here, but now I have no where to go back to, so I am going to follow him wherever he goes from now on. If he stays here, then I will do the same, and help with whatever you need." Yasuko glanced over and smiled, but it quickly faded, "If he leaves, however, then I'm going with him, whether he likes it or not. I can never predict what he'll do. He's just that kind of person, a chaotic storm of emotion and action. For all I know, he'll try to kill both of us when he wakes up. I'm sure if that happens, then all sorts of sh*t will break loose in here."

This time, she focused her entire gaze on Chana, a very serious and icy look. Yasuko picked her next words with care, hoping not to anger the woman, but still get the point across.

"You and everyone here have that choice now, to let us stay or kick us out. If you choose to keep Isao here, you might very well be signing your own death certificate, or not. Either way, I can't blame you for your decision." She placed her free hand on Chana's shoulder, desperate to ensure that the woman got the message. "I am willing to die, either by his hand or at his side, because he's my family. From what it sounds like, you will do the same for yours. But you don't have to if you make us go. You don't have any obligation to us."

Loni found a place that looked like she could walk in through, and used it. She poked her head in and saw a big room that was filled with tools. Shovels, hoes, axes... they had it all. She tiptoed in and looked around, before grabbing an axe and going into the main room, where there happened to be quite a number of people. She yipped and froze.

Yasuko's words settled deep within Chana. She mulled them over in her mind silently as she processed. Meeting the other woman's gaze, she nodded almost imperceptibly. Yasuko's hand was light on her shoulder, and Chana's own hand was still wrapped around Isao's. She allowed the ghost of a smile to rest on her lips as she began to speak.

"Loyalty is something I understand very much. He's your family. I would do the same for my own brother, no matter how jaded he ever became. I don't know how much you know about Isao's past, but I'm assuming you know about the destruction of the American synthesis research of the cancer trials. I was the one that did that. I was really young, around 11. I thought I was helping him, because it helped shut down that whole experiment. They had nothing left to drag it out with. I left my home after then, with only my brother. It's a very likely possibility that when Isao wakes up, he will want to kill me for unknowingly taking his life's purpose away." Chana's face became even more serious. "But I would never ask either of you to leave this place...this place that could be a sanctuary for us all. Whatever happens when he wakes up will happen. But this is the first bit of hope I've seen since the downfall of it all and we can't let that die."

Chana's words stopped as a girl stumbled into the lobby that they were in, gripping an axe. She looked young, and wore a startled expression. A cry of surprise left the girl's mouth as she saw all of them in the hallway. Chana gave an understanding smile to try to convey that they were all peaceful.

"Welcome to the resistance." Chana spoke rather jokingly, even though it sounded slightly strained. "Hey. Don't worry. None of us are going to hurt you."

Christopher was walking around. Starving, he couldn't scavenge or hunt anything for three days. The bandages on his limbs were already crumbling, and he only had one more bottle of water left. Since he escaped the hospital, it was the worst time for him.

Christopher knew about the T103 Biocide virus on the TV outside of a small store, shortly after he escaped the hospital. It was an emergency broadcast. It advised to people to stay home and try to stock food, water and supplies. But in every home he walked past, no one was there. Chaos claimed most of the small city he was taken to, and several flyers of the dangers of the virus were scattered around downtown. No human in sight, only several people who were contaminated. He saw that on the hospital and scurried away from them. He was alone again. Clueless, scared, weak, he had trouble surviving the first weeks. But his knowledge of camping helped him the most time, and he managed to survive, scavenging from some houses and small stores, always thinking that some day he will pay them back.

Now Christopher is trying to hold himself together. Dirty clothes, dirtier boots, a cloak to protect from the sun, a big knife for cutting trees and defend himself. Thirsty, hungry, tired, still scared and alone.

Christopher found some sparse food, and bottled water in some ruins. Lady Luck smiled upon him. Feeling better, he kept up his pace leading to nowhere. until he saw some lights. Fire, maybe? Desperate for some safety, even the make-believe safety of fire, he ran towards it, and stumbled upon the big building. He was a little afraid, but happy that he found a roof for the night. He knocked at the large door, hoping it wasn't some looter lair, or a place crawled with the infected people.

Finn blinked as the Asian woman kept speaking, all the while his eyes were transfixed on the girl named Chana. He looked younger than he by several years. She had looked a bit strained when she addressed him, as though the whole situation was pressing down on her shoulders with incredible weight. He listened to her words as she spoke to Yasuko, talking about how she was destroyed something of great value to Isao. Her eyes looked completely mournful, dark and stormy and conflicted. His own gaze dropped to how she tightly gripped Isao's hand.

Huh. I wonder if she cares about him in...other ways.

Finn raised his eyebrows, surprised by the thought.

Blimey, Finley. It's the f**king apocalypse, and shit is going down and all you're thinking about is a random girl's hands and what they mean? Get your head on straight!

The sound of knocking echoed through the halls as another girl walked in, looking frozen with fear at seeing all of them. Chana forced a smile, making Finn wonder what it would look like to see a real smile from her. She looked like a person that should smile a lot. He cleared his throat, Yasuko and Chana could take care of this situation. Right now, he needed to clear his head.

Congratulations on having the finesse of an junior high schoolboy, Finley.

He left the room, navigating the different corridors. He moved in the direction of the knocking, finally reaching and opening the heavy oak doors at lobby area. A man stood there, looking to be anywhere between 18 to 20. Finn looked at the younger lad and smiled warmly, hoping to welcoming. He spoke, his English accent thick in his words.

"Hey, mate. Welcome to our survivor's safe haven. Well. What we're making a safe haven." Finn chuckled a bit as he gestured the boy inside.

Christopher was in a bad shape. Even though he ate something a while ago, he was still weak on his feet. He was slightly startled of the noise made by the doors. He saw the man inside, the grey scar across his face. Scar. Scars. Christopher was suddenly self aware that his bandages were crumbling apart, and his scarred limbs were in sight. He dragged his cloak around him, trying to hide the most of it, but some parts were still visible, between the tattered clothes and the dirty bandages. Kinda wary, he put his weapon away and entered the place, analyzing his surroundings. The place wasn't in very good shape, but it could be told that it was being maintained by its residents. He didn't know what to say, and stopped after the big doors closed. Finally, he mustered up the courage to talk, after a long time without human contact. Well, normal humans.

"I-I'm Christopher. I'm looking for temporary residence and supplies. I don't plan on taking too much, just enough for a few days of travel." His speak was stuttered, and he kept fidgeting with a piece of bandage that was around his arm.

Christopher's voice was timid and wavering...it sounded unsure. Finn's eyes widened seeing the boy adjust the bandages that wrapped around his body. Surely Chana, the person every seemed to look to for aid, might have an idea where medical supplies were. He thought to her wrapped side, her own wound dressings. If anything, she probably knew how to re-dress injuries. He cleared his throat and smiled at the boy, trying to be hospitable. Adjusting his newsboys cap, he lifted his brows.

Everyone here has scars. This boy has them all over his body, me across my face...Chana's scar covers almost her entire torso. And Isao? They're all over him too. Battle scars from this damn apocalypse...and probably other things.

"We'll get you fixed up, lad. I'm pretty sure the people here can manage that. From whom I've met, they're very capable." He began to walk down the hallway again, to where the others he had met resided. Pausing, he glanced at the young man. He shared the "Why be alone if you don't have to be?" mentality.

Look at you. You're probably ten years younger than me. A kid. You shouldn't be fending for yourself.

Finn coughed and spoke once again.
“It looks as though you’ve been alone for awhile. Well, so have the rest of us. That's why we're here. This place carries hope. The Spark of life. You know, you could stay here. Have shelter, food, safety...and most importantly, the company of other people. It’ll probably be hard work. But it would be worth it. Life starts again here.”

Natalie felt a cold chill throughout her body after what Verdun said. She knew that the next generation would probably be the last.

Natalie nodded, "Yeah, let's do this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back