• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Beyond Wind and Water

Jabroni

Beyond Wind and Water

It is a peaceful night in the port of Sheep's Bay. For whatever reason, you have been assigned to Alessa's Virtue, an armed merchantman carrack. The ship carries twenty-four cannons and upwards of 300 men (passengers included). It casts off at first light, setting a westerly course toward the Shimmering Isles, and a contingent of around 60 soldiers will join the voyage to take up their new post there. The owner intends to make a sweet profit on trade for spices and whale oil. Legend has it there are fine gems and gold deposits tucked away as well, but no one truly believes these stories...

A Navigator's Map of the Known World

esdV4a1.jpg

Who are you? What's your story? How are you spending these last hours ashore? I'm totally open to sadistic, depraved or faulty characters. Maybe your guy just wants to feed his family so he's decided to steal cargo, or so and so is wanted for heresy because she practices dark arts, etc etc. Make it interesting!

Humans or human-esque races are preferable. There will be sea monsters and some magical elements as well; I'm thinking voodoo.

Some Ideas for Roles

Crew:

Captain, Master (Sailing Master), Quartermaster, Boatswain

Surgeon, Cook, Deckhand, Cabin Boy/Girl

Passengers:

Colonial Soldiers, Cartographers/Explorers, Aristocrats

Slaves, Stowaways (Criminal?)​

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is pretty interesting, I'd be up for it!

Could I join as the quartermaster?

[QUOTE="Shay Wright]I think this is pretty interesting, I'd be up for it!
Could I join as the quartermaster?

[/QUOTE]
MaddyRoleplayGirl said:
Can I join as a Cabin Girl?
First come, first serve. Glad to have you two aboard!

Actually I think I'll switch to an aristocrat/cartographer. When can we start?

noremac said:
Actually I think I'll switch to an aristocrat/cartographer. When can we start?
Well, a few more joiners would be nice, but I'll post the thread tomorrow so you guys can make those character sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back