• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

This rp seems to still be hanging on by a thread. Glad to see a few of you made it bac khere oaky, especially you @violetshadow. :)  And yeah, reading posts is a pain right now with all the jumbled bbcode but it is confirmed that they're working on that. 

This rp seems to still be hanging on by a thread. Glad to see a few of you made it bac khere oaky, especially you @violetshadow. :)  And yeah, reading posts is a pain right now with all the jumbled bbcode but it is confirmed that they're working on that. 

yeah, i don't think this thread is dead just yet! we just need to hear back from scrap or NB, and i understand they're both probably busy. nbd!

and yeah, the thread will mostly have it's bbcode fixed, but the paragraph breaks in old posts won't be added back, so we'll have to fix that ourselves. :')

Last edited by a moderator:
since the bbcode formatting of old posts is as good as it's gonna get, i'm gonna go back and fix all my old posts up. you probably shouldn't get notified for them, since they're just edits to old posts, but if you do, you know why!

hey, um, @Scrapmaster? @NeverBetter?

what's up? y'all good?

Im not gonna sugar coat it.

Things are not looking good for for this Rp.

Nb has entered the competitive scene in team fortress 2 and as such can't find the time to host the Rp.

So this Rp is gonna be in hiatus for a bit...or might be canceled outright.

Expect the worst...

Meanwhile, a new RP is coming! from a good friend of mine!

Take a look ;)

i guess it sucks, but if NB's becoming disinterested, there isn't much to do about it. 

Its not that he's becoming disinterested...well..it is, because to quote his own words "Some are becoming disinterested  in the Rp, and as such im losing my will to RP."

ITs also that TF2 has consumed him. 

Oh well, hop onto the Voluntas ;)

Its not that he's becoming disinterested...well..it is, because to quote his own words "Some are becoming disinterested  in the Rp, and as such im losing my will to RP."

ITs also that TF2 has consumed him. 

Oh well, hop onto the Voluntas ;)

nobody's become disinterested from what i've seen - it's just that most of us are in a position that we can't post. yuffie and i are waiting for you, and i think everyone else is waiting on him? i don't know for sure since it's been like a month since we've had a chance to take stock of that, but i would assume that's still the case?

anyway, i'm just a little sore because it's something we're hearing secondhand. it's ultimately fine - it's just a roleplay and i enjoyed my time with all of you no matter what his decision ultimately is - but i feel like maybe we should've talked about this together before now, y'know? but it's nbd. i'll check out your roleplay in a little bit, scrap!

Im not gonna sugar coat it.

Things are not looking good for for this Rp.

Nb has entered the competitive scene in team fortress 2 and as such can't find the time to host the Rp.

So this Rp is gonna be in hiatus for a bit...or might be canceled outright.

Expect the worst...

Meanwhile, a new RP is coming! from a good friend of mine!

Take a look ;)

God damn it Scrap. I told you I wanted to make my final decision before I let everyone know what was going on.

But yes, I honestly feel like there is a lack of interest in the game as of late, which is to be expected after a two month hiatus, though disappointing. Previously, posts were rather consistent, and I found there was enough reason to post without cutting off other players, but that has, for lack of a better word, all but stopped. It's not that I lack interest in hosting this game; quite the opposite, I want all of my games to be hosted to completion, if possible. But due to the lacking of consistency in posting, I thought I might have time to be able to join Competitive Team Fortress 2 without harming my ability to host the game, but for lack of a better way to explain it, it has. Aside from Writing, I've always had talent for anything I tried and never really tried to practice at something, writing and now Team Fortress are the things that push me to practice them, but as I've made a commitment to others to play in a competitive scene, it requires more focus right now.

So, to that end, yes, the game is suspended with possible cancellation on the horizon. 

Does this make me sad? Short answer, yes, extremely. I put a lot of time and effort into crafting worlds like these and to, so to say, see the efforts for not, hurts.

Long answer, it gives me a bit of depression. I was so optimistic about this story and world, and the characters that joined along with the way the game was turning out not even close to how I expected thus far, and I loved it. I loved the characters and the story you all were helping to develop into reality. Scenarios like Kirka's death at the start were something I couldn't plan out even if I tried, and that sort of thing made me hopeful for the story of this RP to become a sort of legacy for my hosting RP's on this site. Alas, it does this, but not in the way I was hoping. I hope those of you who, if I do host again, join a game of mine don't let this shake you. I love all my RPer's with all of my heart and I would feel bad if I lost your trust completely because of this, though I would not blame you for a moment. I promised a grand adventure, and we didn't make it past the first city so to say. It gives me great grief to so to say kill the game. I hope that those of you who still have confidence in my hosting will look out: After next year's spring league (I believe) I will likely take a couple months off of the game to pursue other interests, such as hosting. I may remake Beyond the Third Sky in the new system devised by the RP gods of this site and update things as I get better at making visuals and practice other related things, and hopefully you all will be interested again to try and get this story underway, should I. I also have other ideas in mind for stories, two of which I may have @Scrapmaster co-host with me on as I've gone over the ideas about them with him prior to this becoming so, so to say, hectic.

On one last note, I do want to say this: I love you all. You've got great ideas and writing styles and viewpoints on how you want to approach things. I really hope in the future, should we meet again, that we get to put our minds to the inkwell and write out a full masterpiece, but until then, this is IItNeverGetsBetterThanThis signing off on this post. If you have any questions, please do send them to me. 

Adeu.

I had a spur-of-the-moment urge to check this thread after being very busy this past month, and just as I feared the rp has indeed come to an end. I greatly enjoyed it and am sad to see it go, and I hope to see another rp from you in the future, NB. I would be delighted to get to rp with any of you fine folks in future honestly, and if any of you start rps or join one that needs more people I would be delighted if you invited me. It's been great fun, everyone.

I believe it may be time to return to this old world....

And begin again anew.

Next project: The Apocrypha - The Ten Elements and Twelve Signs

A new world begins again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back