• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Beyond the Mist {Closed}

Are you interested in this RP?

• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malice Queen

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
– NO LONGER ACCEPTING –
Beyond the Mist

If you are interested in joining, please head to the OOC link at the end of this post, read the rules, and proceed to the Character Sheet thread (CS)! You can post your profile whenever you're ready! We will be starting the roleplay this coming weekend (March 24)!

floating_islands_by_sebastianwagner-d606krh.jpg

A collection of islands orbit around a large crystal that emanates a thick mist – coating the islands and hiding their existence from one another. Despite the shroud, the islands remain untouched by the fog.

To those on the islands, the faint glow of the crystal and the thick curious mist at the edge of their isles spark a desire to discover and explore the unknown. While some wish to leave their homes, most choose to stay for the lands beyond the mist are uncharted dangerous territory. The call of adventure had drawn many to venture forth into the fog, but they only get turned around and are led back to their island. Many worship the crystal as a deity, the being that gives them life, and keeps them safe from the assumed horrors in the fog.

This is the life you’ve always known, but it’s about to change. The mist has receded and now numerous chunks of floating earth are exposed. The crystal’s once brilliant light had since dimmed, leaving nothing but a lusterless piece of rock. You have left your island – for glory, riches, a new life, the pursuit of knowledge…the choice is yours.

Despite your motivations to leave your home, however, there is trouble brewing in your newly expanded world. The mist receding has caused smaller islands to collapse and crumble into dust – the impending doom is evident and many turn their eyes to the lightless crystal in the distance for answers.

NOTE: There are no links yet! My plan is to see how much attention this RP idea gets and make the pages this weekend! If you have any questions concerning the RP mention me in a post below or PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Last edited:
It sounds intriguing to me. Could I perhaps know a bit more about what it's like on these floating islands?

Shireling Shireling
Well, each island has its own environment, climate, foliage and fauna, and culture! While the focus isn't nation-building I've allowed my friends to create their own islands to add to the three default ones I've created. I'm still debating whether or not to allow OTHERS to create islands (I believe that everyone and their mothers AND grandmothers will make one if it's available so I'm a bit hesitant of allow it). Of course, the islands are pretty big places (especially if you think about the islands we have on earth) so I'd like to leave some room for creativity rather than have EVERY detail of the islands hammered out!

So, the people on the islands don't know about any of the other islands that exist around them and they really only know about the crystal and most people worship it as it's always there so yeah!

I hope this answered at least some of your question (if any at all!) ^^;

Shireling Shireling
Well, each island has its own environment, climate, foliage and fauna, and culture! While the focus isn't nation-building I've allowed my friends to create their own islands to add to the three default ones I've created. I'm still debating whether or not to allow OTHERS to create islands (I believe that everyone and their mothers AND grandmothers will make one if it's available so I'm a bit hesitant of allow it). Of course, the islands are pretty big places (especially if you think about the islands we have on earth) so I'd like to leave some room for creativity rather than have EVERY detail of the islands hammered out!

So, the people on the islands don't know about any of the other islands that exist around them and they really only know about the crystal and most people worship it as it's always there so yeah!

I hope this answered at least some of your question (if any at all!) ^^;
Where could I go to find socio-political specifics for each island, technological progress, that sort of thing? If I need to wait, that is of course fine. It's just helpful to have that information when making characters. I was considering a professional surgeon, as I assume that they have some sort of airships that go between the islands and I imagine those ships need medical personnel. I could be wrong.

Shireling Shireling
I will be creating things for the RP this weekend and tagging everyone who said they were interested here in a post to alert them of the RP's status! I hope to have the information on the islands from the others before the weekend.

We have two islands that could POSSIBLY go along with your character-idea though I'm limiting the technological advances of the islands to being no higher than a magic+steampunk thing, I hope that's not an issue!

Shireling Shireling
I will be creating things for the RP this weekend and tagging everyone who said they were interested here in a post to alert them of the RP's status! I hope to have the information on the islands from the others before the weekend.

We have two islands that could POSSIBLY go along with your character-idea though I'm limiting the technological advances of the islands to being no higher than a magic+steampunk thing, I hope that's not an issue!
Of course. I'm speaking of like an old fashioned surgeon who mostly does amputations and some good-ole bloodlettings.

Shireling Shireling I appreciate your question (and possible offer to help) It's just about me writing everything out and organizing it all, that's all! It'll get done! ^^

Shireling Shireling I appreciate your question (and possible offer to help) It's just about me writing everything out and organizing it all, that's all! It'll get done! ^^
I'm working on a character who's wife died and he's raising their 11-ish daughter by himself. Too sappy?

Oooh, Could I play a mist gypsy rogue who has fled her caravan to help uncover the mystery of the growing dark?
I don't see why not at this point. Admittedly, I don't know a terrible lot about the plot but that seems reasonable.

I'm kinda stoked for this. I haven't done anything involving airships and the like in a while.

I don't see why not at this point. Admittedly, I don't know a terrible lot about the plot but that seems reasonable.

I'm kinda stoked for this. I haven't done anything involving airships and the like in a while.

I know, right? I'm hoping for, like ... shipwright wizards, and all manner of swashbuckling ... and to be admitted, of course.

I know, right? I'm hoping for, like ... shipwright wizards, and all manner of swashbuckling ... and to be admitted, of course.
I usually play a doctor for these sort of things, I've found. I guess if I'm here more people can get into reckless swordfights knowing my character can stitch them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back