• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Betrothed (Closed to Aina)

OOC
Here
Sarai shook her head in response to what he said. None of this was okay. She was silent as he put his arms around her. She pressed her face into his shirt. She wasn't sure what to say at the point. There was a lot going through her head at the moment. Her mind was only focused on one thing. She couldn't focus on what he was saying, however.

Her eyes welled up with tears and Sarai started to cry again. Her arms went around him weakly. She clung to his shirt with tightened fists. She sobbed against his chest. "Aiden…what am I going to do?" her voice cracked and she finally pulled away after a second.

She was so relieved that he was there. That she could hold onto him. Without him and she'd be in worse state. She lifted her head realizing she hadn't been saying anything. She shook her head from side to side. "I am not okay," her voice cracked, she shakily reached up to wipe her eyes. "I am not okay," she repeated, "If this is true…it's not true. It can't be."

She shook her head again, and she looked around the room suddenly. She looked up at him again. "We cannot let anyone else know about this," Sarai muttered. It was better that no one else knew about it. Sarai didn't want any other rumors floating around and she wanted to talk to Riccardo about what was going on. "I need to talk to Riccardo," she muttered as she sat up more in the bed. She shuffled slightly but slowly and got up from the bed. "I need to talk to him," she repeated, she looked at Aiden.

((I'm so sorry this took so long. It feels nice to write finally. I’m not doing okay right now.))

Aiden felt his heart break when Saray said she wasn't okay. He rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, staring with a tangible empathy in his eyes. He didn't understand why this was affecting her this much, though. Fainting? It made him worry something else was going on. She'd been through so much as usual. They just never got a break or time to be happy. He just wanted some peace and quiet to enjoy Aurora being around.

His eyes widened a little when she said she wanted to talk to Riccardo and he felt powerless to stop her in that moment. He watched as she got out of bed and he simply moved to her side, putting an arm around her waist to support her. It hurt a little that she wanted to talk to Riccardo. Why wasn't he good enough to talk to? But he let it go.

"Okay. Let's go find him," he said.

Riccardo had fallen asleep twenty minutes after the movie started. In one of the comfortable seats in the movie room, hair a mess on his head, pajamas still on, and barefoot, he really looked unlike himself. He seemed to be comfortable with Emmanuel nearby, though, having so easily fallen asleep despite his presence.

Aiden helped Sarai search him out, asking their servants if they'd seen him and being surprised to hear Riccardo and Emmanuel were together in the theater room. What was even more surprising was seeing the state he was in when they got there and Emmanuel seated nearby with the movie on.

"I'll let you wake him up," Aiden muttered to Sarai. "He'll probably just be mad if I do it.

((You're good, dude! And like I said, if you want to talk, let me know.))

It felt like forever before they were able to find Riccardo. Sarai was growing impatient when searching for him. How far could he have gone? By the time they had found him she was annoyed. However, it was when she saw him sitting up in the chair that she stopped in her tracks.

Her hands clenched tightly at her skirt and Sarai just stared at Riccardo's sleeping in the chair. She ignored Emmanuel who had shot up from the chair.

"Your majesty, were just-"

Sarai looked at him, shook her head and turned to Aiden. She looked downcast at the floor. She couldn't think of what to do next. The thought of her uncle being her father was just...Not true. And if it was, why would her parents lied to her?

"Just tell him I need to speak with him when he wakes up," she looked at Aiden, "Let's go." She left the room without waiting for him to catch up. She didn't know where to go or what to do. Tears started forming in her eyes and she stopped in her tracks to lean against the wall. "I am such an idiot!" She clenched her fist, dug her nails into her palms. "I don't know what to do," her sobs were quite loud that one of the servants came around the corner.

"Your majesty what is wrong?" she asked.

Sarai struggled to look up. Her vision blurry with tears. She shook her head, but continued to cry.

"You should lay down. Come, I'll take you to your bedroom," she told her and Sarai didn't protest.

Ssrsi was hurt but also very angry. At her parents and at herself for crying. Why was that her only reaction?

Aiden looked from Emmanuel and down the hall Sarai fled down and finally back to Emmanuel. "Sorry. We just found out something intense. Just let Riccardo know when he wakes up. Please." He dashed down the corridor. "Sarai! Sarai, wait!"

He caught her as the servant said she would lead her to her bedroom. Then, he reached out and grabbed her hand. "Sarai, wait," he insisted. "You don't need to go off alone right now. Stay with me. Please? If you want to scream or cry or hit something, stay with me." He squeezed her hand. "Just let it out, darling. I'm here."

Emmanuel wasn't sure how to react. He looked toward Riccardo who hadn't budged much and he sighed. He was tempted to wake him seeing as Sarai was rather urgent. He slumped in the chair he had been sitting in, stared at the screen and sighed again. "Fuck."

The servent stopped walking as she heard Aiden's voice. Sarai turned her head, she had almost forgotten about Aiden. She closed her eyes. "Sorry," she blurted out.

She let go of the servent, and put her arms around him. "What am I going to do?" she breathed out, inhaled slow so that she could get herself to calm down a bit. "We need to get him," she said without hesitating. She pulled away from him, lifted her head. "We have to... I can't lose my uncle-" she flinched as she said that.

"That man Riccardo hired. J...what was his name?" she shook her head, "I have to speak with him again. I don't know how but he knows more about this than me I want to know why."

Aiden just held Sarai as she spoke to him, more confused than her really. He didn't know what to do in this situation at all. He raised his hand to her face when she flinched, softly caressing her cheek. "Jabari. I think he's still here, right?" He glanced over his shoulder as if he would really see the man standing behind him. "I won't let you lose your uncle, too, okay? We are going to take care of this. I promise." He kissed her softly before drawing away and taking her hand in his. "Let's go see that guy."

((I'm just going to keep letting Ricc sleep. He had a stressful early evening.))

Sarai touched the hand on her cheek and closed her eyes. The faces of her parents were floating in her mind. Why would they lie to her? It made no sense. The idea that her mother...there just wasn't any way it were possible. There was no rational way of putting it in her mind. But then again the idea of it being true hurt her. Her eyes eyws began to water, she had to open them to look at Aiden. She had been half listening to him. When he said her uncle she wanted to say no. But then he took her hand and they were walking. She had to think of something to say to Jabari. Nothing was coming to the forefront of her mind. At least it wasn't anything nice because she wanted to curse at him. Tell him that he was lying again but she needed to be calm right? But how could she be. She looked at Aiden again. "Can-can you speak...I can't do it Aiden," she squeezed his hand and wiped the few tears that trickled down her cheeks. "I can't. I'm sorry."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back