Best/Fun ways to play Skyrim?

ReapoftheWorld

I've had Skyrim since the day it came out, and I've been wanting to change up my play style lately. :3 Are there any creative or different ways to play the game or roleplay?

I download lots of fun mods. If you want to have fun get these mods

Warzones 2015

Infinite followers mod

Immersive armors

Winter is Coming

Climates of Tamriel

The dance of Death

Apocalypse spell list

Purewaters

Enhanced blood

You can also find all sorts of cool mods

Last edited by a moderator:
Nivi said:
I download lots of fun mods. If you want to have fun get these mods
Warzones 2015

Infinite followers mod

Immersive armors

Winter is Coming

Climates of Tamriel

The dance of Death

Apocalypse spell list

Purewaters

Enhanced blood

You can also find all sorts of cool mods
I don't play Skyrim with mods. I don't even have it for the PC. I own it for the PS3, always have.

I was thinking in terms of how to play a character? I keep making new characters over and over because I don't know how to focus on things and stuff. c:

@ReapoftheWorld

I recommend roleplaying a build. If you want to make a build, go ahead! :) If you want to do one that someone else made, I recommend FudgeMuppet's Unmodded builds. They all have great backstories (in my opinion), and are pretty easy to do, depending on where you're at in the game in your current save.

ReapoftheWorld said:
I don't play Skyrim with mods. I don't even have it for the PC. I own it for the PS3, always have.
I was thinking in terms of how to play a character? I keep making new characters over and over because I don't know how to focus on things and stuff. c:
well i used to play it on console and since basically i passed it a bunch of times and tried eerything well i got bored and got pc for mod

In skyrim you should just try out more roles like one game killing dark brotherhood, another game you join them. Try out the thieves guild too. Maybe try both sides of the stormcloack imperial war too and keep yourself entertained. You can also get the dlc's, those bring alot more fun stuff. Also try out all the side quest like solitude bard and college of winterhold, and the daedra quest in the museum. Lot's of stuff to do just gotta find them and do alot of game resets lol

Nerdyy said:
@ReapoftheWorld
I recommend roleplaying a build. If you want to make a build, go ahead! :) If you want to do one that someone else made, I recommend FudgeMuppet's Unmodded builds. They all have great backstories (in my opinion), and are pretty easy to do, depending on where you're at in the game in your current save.
Thanks! I will. :3

I started adding mods, but since you can't do that, it's a bit more of a problem.

You can always look at mod descriptions and try to play them out without the actual mod. For example, Frostfall adds a meter where you'll start freezing to death if you get too cold, and you can always like mentally do a system like that. There's a few mods that make eating/drinking/sleeping necessary tasks and you get debuffs if you get hungry/thirsty/tired. I don't have too many others installed, but here are a lot on the Nexus you could probably mentally integrate.

Another thing would maybe be something like a Nuzlocke concept? If you're not familiar, a Nuzlocke is a Pokemon run where there are certain rules -- no healing item usage, rules on catching new Pokemon, if a Pokemon faints it's dead and can't be used anymore. You may be able to make a version for Skyrim. No healing items, you can only pick up a certain amount of loot from dungeons, if your character dies you have to start again, etc. It'd certainly make things harder and that might be of interest to you, if you could work out a system you enjoy.

The only thing i ever did in Skyrim was climb High Hrothgar and gay tony off it, 60$ well spent.

For me it's about the Character 100%. Commiting to and playing as a character 100% of every quest, conversation, decision made, step taken, items used, etc. Literally Role Playing as a unique individual. No character of mine has ever rocked Dragon Armour. Haven't created a character who does yet. Some day I hope to complete the Dark Brotherhood questline as well, but I haven't had a character who could get past prior attempts on his/her life and the circumstances in which Astrid choses to present herself, or one Astrid could handle.

Most fun and creative way I ever played was when I created a male Imperial Bard named Testiclese The Mighty.

Testiclese was a drunk, pathalogical liar, and a man whore. A silver tongued tinhorn coward who would ride from town to town spinning tales of heroism in taverns across tamriel, bedding young maidens, ripping drunks off, stealing supplies, and slipping out in the morning just before all hell broke loose.

He was fun to play because he didn't have any combat skills. His primary weapon was a shield. He was forced to rely on followers to do the fighting, illusion and alteration spells and scrolls, stealth, and if he could bribery or his fork tongue.

It was an absolute blast avoiding combat and work/serious questing, always looking for the easy way out. Abusing, using, and ditching followers, Pickpocketing, bribing guards, doing jail time, bullshitting via dialogue WHENEVER possible. :P

I loved Testiclese. ^-^

I play my character as Solid Snake, get myself a crossbow with the Dawnguard add on, that with an ebony dagger and get all the stealth kills. Its particularly fun to do this around forts and bandit camps.

My Skyrim main is a Redguard names Sol Outlander.

His primary weapon is a bow and he was extremely stealth oriented. It honestly gets stupid easy when you do this. :P You can go months without taking enemy damage if you're good enough.

But I he was also a Genghis Khan worthy with a bow on a horse. I got extremely good on a horse.

i just play my characters all round, they are usually good at everything.

i never use any magics except destruction though, I don't know why, I've just never used them. never been intrigued to do it

Skyrim's spell tree is fuckery. Morrowind blows it away but it was actually a little too OP and beautiful. lol

When you realize you can sustain flight whilst using a bow, you pursue Alteration. That's not in Skyrim, of course.

When you're watching somebody play, tell them that killing a chicken unlocks an achievement. Note: This only works if they are gullible. Like my mom.

I like to pretend Im a sith lord

Maximum destruction magic and one handed with lightsaber mods

Punch everything into submission. You'll need good heavy armor and the unarmed perk under the heavy armor tree. Your finishing moves are suplexes. Do it.

I've always played as a spellsword, with equal emphasis on magic and melee.

In a broader sense, my favorite way to play is on steam. The mods are nice, when you've put in the hours and exhausted the games original content.

Not sure if anyone else has said this yet, but for those PC gamers out there, use console commands. It's not actually a way to play the story-line or to role-play, but holy crap can it be fun.

Give your character a weird quirk. My last playthrough I played a Khajit that would not walk in water. He hated getting wet. So if I ran into places (like in a cave or something) that have water I'll spend an hour trying to find away around it to not get wet. If I can't I'll just leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back