• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Best friends ~ CherryBlossom and Molly provo

Jake put the last box of his belongings in the truck rental and pulled the trunk door closed. He turned around and faced Thea. "I'm really going to miss you Thea. I cant believe my dad is making me move to California with him. I wish I could stay here in New York with you." Jake sighed. "I made so many memories here."

Thea sighed as she stood at the side of the removal van, biting on her lip softly. Today was going to be an awful day and she could feel it already. Her best friend was leaving. They had been friends for pretty much her entire sixteen years of life and the fact that he was leaving made her feel sick. They had never been away from each other for more than a week so being away from him for pretty much all the time was going to be horrible. ''I'm going to miss you to, Jake. If I could stop you from leaving you know I would do it. I've tried asking your dad to stay but I think he hates me now.'' she said, sighing. ''Promise we won't stop talking?'' she asked, as she looked up at him, hope and sadness in her eyes. She hoped that they would still talk all the time and that nothing would change. If they just contact all together she didn't know what she would do. Thea sighed and hugged Jake ''Please don't go,'' she whispered.

Jake wrapped his arms around Thea. "I'm going to miss you more." Jake pulled away and looked Thea in the eyes. "I promise that we will talk everyday. Maybe even more than once." Jake smiled at that thought. "I'll be back as soon as I can. I already am saving up." Jake's dad waved his arm out of the window. "Time to go." Jake gave Thea another hug and got in the van. "I miss you already." Jake's emotions overwhelmed him and he started crying silently. He looked down quickly so Thea wouldn't see him crying like a baby. "Bye Thea."

Thea shook her head ''Nope that is a lie, I'm going to miss you more and you know it.'' she said softly, giving him a small smile. ''good because if we lost our friendship I would lose the only real friend I've ever had and it would make me sad. You have been in my life for so long that it would be weird not having you in my life.'' she told him as a tear slipped down her cheek. She really didn't want him to go, she wanted to do something to make him stop but she didn't know what she could do that would actually work. ''I can't wait for that day. But I will keep and see you in cali, my mum said she would pay for me to come up in the summer. Don't go making a new best friend though, I don't want to be replaced.'' she said quietly. That was what she was scared of most. When he told her he had to go tears began to fall more frequently ''I miss you too. Let me know when you get there, ok?'' she said as she looked at him, biting on her lip to try and stop herself from crying ''By Jake.'' she said, as she stepped away from the van so they could pull off. ''I love you.'' she said quietly, so quiet he might not have even heard her say it.

~Fast forward two years later~

Jake was sitting in the kitchen eating an orange. His dad walked in and looked at him. "Jake..." Jake looked up at him, "Yeah dad?" Jake's dad sighed. "I have decided that since you are eighteen and you have been working hard, I am going to give you the money for a flight to New York. However, you are responsible for finding somewhere to live and finding a job." Jake sat there staring at his dad. "You're joking right?" Jake's dad shook his head, "No, I'm not." Jake stood up quickly, knocking the chair over. "What did you do wih my dad?" Jake turned around a picked up the chair. When he turned back around his dad was holding a plane ticket in his hand. "You leave in three days." Jake gave his dad a big hug and grabbed the ticket, stuffing it in his pocket. "Thank you thank you thank you!" Jake ran upstairs and grabbed his phone. He dialed Thea's number. "Thea? You're never going to believe what happened!"

Thea was out with a group of friends. While Jake was away she had made a lot more girl friends and she got to do more girly things so they were just shopping. They weren't as good friends as her and Jake were though, no one could ever replace jake. She missed him so much it was crazy. They had only seen each other about three times in the last two years and it just wasn't the same because both of them knew that one of them would have to leave at the end. They did speak all the time though and she wasn't replaced. When her phone went off and it was jake she grinned a bit and answers "Hey jakey. What's happened?" She asked, biting her lip and she began to wonder if this was a good thing or a bad thing. She hoped it was good.

Jake smiled. "I'm coming home. My dad bought me a plane ticket to New York. I'm leaving in three days." Jake hesitated. "The only problem is my dad told me I need to find and pay for my own place to live." Jake sat on his bed. "I'm just glad I get to see you again after all this time." Jake sighed as he looked back on the past two years. He had made only three friends and none of them were as amazing as Thea. He didn't admit it to Thea though. He wanted her to think he was happy, not lonely. Jake snapped back to the present. "I should pack."

Thea stepped away from the girls and listened to Jake ''Holy shit. Are you serious? you're not joking right? oh my god you're coming home.'' she said, a huge smile breaking out on her face, not caring that she would get quizzed on it by her friends later. The thought of her best friend coming home made her incredibly happy, they had been so close before he left and they had barley seen each other in the last few years so the thought of him coming back was just amazing. She was excited to see what would happen between them now that they were both older, she hadn't seen him in a long time. ''Me too, I just can't wait for you to be back. it's not the same without you.'' she told him happily and then nodded ''Ok. I'll let you go and pack and head back to the girls.'' she said. She had no idea that Jake had been lonely. He always made out that he had a massive group of friends and was always doing stuff with them and she was happy for him to have so many friends.

Jake ended the call and put his phone on the bed and looked around. He sighed and got to work packing.

~Three days later~

Jake stood outside the New York airport. He waved down a taxi. When he got all his stuff in and sat down the driver asked, "Where to?" Jake gave him Thea's address. When Jake got there he set his things on the sidewalk and gave the driver money. Jake dialed Thea's number. "Thea, you home? If so look out your window." He hung up and looked down the street. "I'm home," he whispered to himself.

These was laid on her bed, having just finished her home work for the night. She was now thinking about what it was going to be like to have Jake back home. Would things be different or would they go back to how they use to be? She didn't know but she couldn't wait for him to be back. She grinned when she heard Jake's ringtone and grabbed her phone "Hey. I'm home. I'm looking out right now hold on." She said but then he hung up. She frowned until she looked out of the window and saw Jake stood outside of her house. She grinned and ran down the stairs and right out of the front door. "YOU'RE HOME!" She squealed excitedly as she jumped into his arms and gave him a huge hug.

Jake smiled and hugged her back, lingering for a moment. He pulled back. "Hey there. Glad you're happy to see me." He looked at his bags. "Mind if I steal your wifi for a few? I haven't found anywhere to live yet." Jake was secretly hoping Thea would offer to let him spend the night at her place tonight, but doubted she would. He had always had a crush on her but didn't want to tell her because he didn't want it to get awkward.

Thea grinned up at him "Happy? I'm more than just happy! I finally have my best friend back. I hated not being able to see you all this time." She said, pouting a little. She jumped down from his arms and took a step back, getting a good look at him. He had changed, a lot. And he was incredibly hot. Thea bit her lip. She had a crush on him before but she think it may get even worse now. "Of course you can and you know if you don't have anywhere to live you can just stay here, you know my parents love you like a son." She said as she grabbed one of his bags "Come on, let's go in and then we can catch up and stuff."

Jake grabbed his other bags and followed Thea into the house. He set his bags down, grabbing his laptop out of one of them. He looked around, noticing nothing had changed except for the furniture. Jake followed Thea up to her room and sat on the bed. He turned on the laptop and looked at Thea. She was even cuter than he remembered. "So how's life been without me?" Jake didn't want to tell Thea about his life back in Cali so he tried to get her to talk about herself.

Thea followed him up and sat down on the window seat, just like she did when they were younger. She loved it, it felt like old times already and she couldn't wait for things to get back to normal. Things had felt weird when he wasn't there and they were beginning to feel right again. "Poop because you weren't in it. But I did make more friends who are girls and I guess in s way we are all pretty close but I never had another best friend, no one can replace you." She told him, giving him a sweet smile "How was Cali? Are you missing it?"

Jake froze when she mentioned Cali. He covered it up by running his hand through his hair. "Cali was great." He hated lying to Thea but he was afraid to tell her the truth. "I made so many friends. It was great to have guy friends for once. I miss it a lot." Jake looked through at his laptop, which wasn't showin any available apartments. "Shit." He muttered under his breath. "Um, Thea? Can I spend the night here?" I can't really find anything." Jake ran his hand through his hair again, a habit he does when he is nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thea smiled, she was happy that he enjoyed his time in California. She missed him a lot but she was glad that he could at least enjoy himself while he was gone. It made her a little sad though when he said that he missed it a lot, would he be happy here again? or would he miss his friends over there and leave her all over again ''I'm glad you had a good time. Are you happy to be back?'' she asked as she laid her legs out in front of her. ''Sure, you know my parents don't mind.'' she said, giving him a sweet smile ''you can stay here until you find somewhere, your not going to get in right away. There will be all the paperwork and stuff.'' she told him as she glanced over at him.

Jake relaxed, relieved that she didn't catch the lie. He smiled at her. "Of course I am happy to be back. This is my true home." Jake stood up, looking outside the window behind her. The sun was starting to sink in the sky. "We should go to the park we always went to before I moved." Jake missed the long walks they took there at night and the way they would race up the trees, daring each other to go higher. Jake stretched his hand towards Thea. "Come on." He smiled at her.

Thea grinned and stood up ''It is and it's great to have you home. I missed you so much. I can't really believe that you're stood in front of me right now.'' she said and smiled up at him ''That sounds amazing. I haven't been there since the night you left.'' she said softly, thinking back to that night. She was going to tell him that she loved him that night. That she loved him as more than just a friend but she didn't get the chance to because a girl from their class found them and wanted to say goodbye. After she had gone he had to go home so she lost the chance to tell him. ''Let's go.'' she said as she placed her hand in his, grinning a little. Their hands fit perfectly together.

Jake smiled, "I haven't either so this should be fun for both of us." Jake winked at her. He led her outside and down the street to the park. Jake glanced over at Thea. He loved how she was so happy. When they got to the park Jake led Thea over to their favorite tree, a weeping willow. He remembered how they used to sit by its trunk, jumping out and scaring people who walked by. Jake smiled. He let go of Thea's hand for a moment to get into the tree. He turned around and held his hand out to help Thea get up. "Do you remember how to climb?"

Thea grinned, excited but also nervous to go back to the place where she almost confessed her feelings. She walked with him, a happy feeling spreading over her because she loved that he still kept hold of her hand. She was just so happy to be with him again. When she saw their favourite tree she couldn't help but grin, memories flooding back to her. "I think I do, it's been a long time though so I'm probably a bit rusty." She said as she took his hand once again and pulled herself up and sat next to him. "This place brings back so many memories."

Ohh maybe when he goes back to school jake changes because he wants to keep up the impression of what he made Thea think he was like in Cali?

Jake looked into the distance. He didn't know what he was going to do when he had to go back to school. Hs snapped back to reality and looked at Thea. "It feels nice being here with you. Just like old times." They watched the sun slowly disappear in the horizon. When it was dark Jake asked, "Do you want to go on a walk?"

Thea nodded and smiled ''It does feel nice to have you back, I feel like I'm sixteen again. It makes me happy that we get to finish our senior years together. I can't wait for you to come back to school, it's going to be great. At least I won't always have to listen to the girls go on about shoes, nail polish and hot boys.'' she said with a laugh before nodding ''Sure, let's go get ice cream like we use to?''

Jake smiled. "Ok." He jumped out of the tree and helped Thea down. He grabbed her hand and wlked with her towards the ice cream place. He loved that she was letting him hold her hand. "I start school in two days. I so excited." They walked into the ice cream place. "What kind do you want Thea? I'm buying." Jaks smiled at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back