• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Bennington High for Special Scholars

yistae

Ruler of friendly sharks
Role Play Rating:

• T- Teen (13 and up)

Role Play Status:

Open - Accepting

Bennington High for Special Scholars. A private boarding school for the rich and wealthy to most people's knowledge. But it isn't. In actuality, it's a school for children ages fourteen to nineteen with mental and/or psychological illnesses like bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, bulimia, ect. ect. Put simply, it's a psych ward for kids. The catch? There's "regular" kids mixed in. Yes, they have their own wing for dorms and such (safety precautions), but they've been specially selected from high schools across the country to participate in Bennington. While at the school, they'll be taking standard classes with the rest of the student body, and also be trained in medical fields that deal with the mentally unwell such as nurses, orderlies, doctors, psychiatrists, therapy leaders, ect. ect.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

So welcome to Bennington. Here you can be sane or insane, by the clinical definitions (I don't want to here any "Define sane."s, ok?). There really won't be a strict schedule for classes, but if everyone is scattered about and the plot is limping along, myself or one of you will ring the bell and make up a class that may or may not exist. Dorms will not be shared unless you find someone and both want to buddy up, and even the not-so-stable kids can decorate their room however they want (in this little universe the mirrors they supply can't be shattered and used to cut themselves). Going to ask nicely that there be a somewhat fair ratio of insane to sane people, and same can be said for girls to boys. Thank you, and enjoy your stay at Bennington.

article-2312687-196791E9000005DC-519_634x324.jpg

That's Bennington. It sits on a large property and has a small koi pond out back in a flower garden. Inside there's a bunch of classrooms, a large cafeteria, nurses' stations placed throughout the halls, the dorm rooms, a vast library, and common rooms for students to hang out together or find a little reading nook for some peace and quiet.

There are three rules. One, don't be asshats. I can understand if your character has an episode, but be as nice as you can and don't make people cry on purpose. B, don't overly cuss. Like, if every other word is bleeped out you have a problem. That, or your mid-rant and it's a little more understandable. The bottom phrase is fake. Put in a class name if you've read this. Still, don't rant all the time. It's not healthy. Finally, follow all rpnation rules that I'm too lazy to type out. Oh! And romance is allowed, but fade to black or go to PM if it gets past kissing.

--IF YOUVE READ THE RULES PUT "MIXED NUTS" ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SKELLY--

Purple is student patient.

Blue is student medical.

:Students so far:

Xavier Jacrezz

Roxanne Grey

Caitlyn Johnson (CJ)

Malory Dean

Viviana Mell (V, Vivian)

Keith Sanders

Zane Masterson

David Jones

Elizabeth Black

Connor Morgan

Stephanie Dunham

Xavier woke up to the oh-so-wonderful sound of his alarm clock screaming at him, the red numbers telling him that it was 7 o'clock and time to get up. Still staying huddled under his covers, Xavier glared at the offending machine and stretched his arm out to try and shut it off. Sadly for him, it was just out of his reach and seemed to be getting louder with the passing seconds. Grumbling incoherently, Xavier jumped out of bed and hit the alarm clock with his fist with more force than was needed, effectively silencing the noise. He would have preferred to smash the thing, but last time he did that the nurses put him in "detention", a nice way of saying solitary confinement. It wasn't fair in his opinion. How was he supposed to know that throwing an alarm clock across the room at a wall would shatter it? Lazily combing his hair with his fingers, Xavier threw on some jeans and a tee shirt and left his room, not caring to put on shoes and padding down the halls in his mix matched socks to the kitchen. No one stopped him as he started the coffee machine, pouring himself a cup in a travel mug and sighing happily after the first sip. Waving to a few of the adults that were milling around, Xavier took his coffee and left, wandering down the hall to the main entrance area and watching the new students come in. He was glad that he was just watching this year instead of participating in the madness
. 'Day one,' he thought to himself. 'Wonder what this year will bring.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Roxanne's green eyes opened with a flash. "Yay," she said quietly to herself. "Welcome to absolute hell." She got up, swinging her long legs over the side of the bed. The covers fell from her pajama clad body with a shrug, and she walked nonchalantly to her wardrobe. A few minutes later, she was dressed - crimson top, black jeans, her usual colors. She brushed out her long, red hair; rubber brush, of course, so it couldn't be shattered. She looked at herself in the mirror; she knew she was gorgeous. Guys knew it too. Hell, even most girls knew it, not that they'd admit it to anyone other than themselves. Her eyes wavered with uncertainty. But what was the point of beauty, when she was what she was? She slammed the brush down, gripping the counter. No, not now. She hadn't even been awake an hour yet. She regained her composure, staying away from another panic attack. She got to her feet, exiting her dorm and bumping into Xavier on her way past the main entrance. "Sorry," she said.

David walks in amongst the students. He looks around while holding his backpack on his shoulders, his luggage rolling behind him as he holds the handle, pulling it close to him. As the people rush by, he starts to brush his shirt down thinking it is not perfect. Oh how he wished he was back at the other ward where he had a special nurse. He remembered how he was promised he was safe then remembered the accident. During his last tantrum, he had pushed the nurse away because she didn't put his meal in the correct order. Oh how he wanted to go back and change that. "Welcome to day 1" he says as he comes back to the reality of being relocated to a new ward. He takes his things and stands against the wall awaiting for further instructions. As he waits, he notices a girl across the room bump into another boy and quickly looks down.

Roxanne's eyes searched the room. Wonder how many of these are normal, she thought smugly to herself. They have absolutely no place here. Some of the ones dubbed "insane" were easier to pick out than others. But most of them - the ones like her - blended in with everyone else perfectly. Roxanne took great pride in that fact. And she had easy things to hide, as well; the scars from her self harm healed completely, thanks to a special salve the doctors had given her when she first arrived. Made everything much easier, if you ask me, she smirked to herself.

Xavier looked over at Roxanne and smiled kindly. "It's ok, you don't need to be sorry," he explained before looking her up and down. "You look nice today. Hoping to pick up a hot date?" He teased jokingly, softly nudging her ribs and watching the new kids with mock seriousness. "Hmm... Well, I don't know about this year's batch. None of them look like they're even close to your level of hotness," he said, acting very serious but losing the battle to hide his smile. Harmless flirting was one of his favorite pass times when he was forced to get out of his room, and it made other people laugh and feel good about themselves. Glancing over at Roxanne, Xavier raised an eyebrow at her curiously. "What's with that smirk? You're not plotting anything devious now are you?" He asked, keeping his tone light and joking but wondering what she was thinking about.

A genuine smile played at her lips. "Down, boy," she smirked. Her eyes widened with mock shock. "Me? Planning something? Since when have I ever done that?" She grinned. "I had no idea your opinion of me was so low," she pouted. Her gaze returned to the incoming students. "No," she said, serious again, "I was just trying to figure out which ones are like us."

Zane was preparing for his day, it was going to be very busy. He had several patients, and a few errands to run and he knew he couldn't be late. He got himself dressed in a nice shirt and tie, and left his room and headed off.

(Who wants to be his patient today? Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xavier laughed lightly and took a step back, holding his hands up in mock surrender. "Hey now, I wasn't trying anything. I will admit that you are very good looking, but you're just not my type." He smiled and looked around the room. "I don't have a bad opinion of you, just wondering what you were thinking. And you shouldn't worry about that. Everyone is here for their own reasons, like us or not," he said, his voice lacking the teasing tone from before and he sighed. "Speaking of which, I think I have to go talk with some guy now. I would love to skip and hang out with you more, but last time I did that I got an earful and solitary." He smiled and laughed a little before turning and waving by to Roxanne, heading down the hall towards the counseling offices and smiling t the reception lady. "Hey. I'm supposed to talk to someone called Masterson or something?" The lady nodded and typed into her computer, then told him to sit down and wait for whoever to come. Sitting down, Xavier glanced at the chair next to him when one of his "friends" sat down in it. "Go away before you get me in trouble," Xavier told the hallucination sternly, trying to ignore it as it laughed at him.

Zane entered the room and looked up from his clipboard, "Xaivier? I'm Zane, if you would step into my office please" he said with a pleasant, welcoming smile.

Roxanne pouted. "Alone again, naturally," she muttered quietly to herself. Detaching herself from the wall, she lazily wandered down the hallway, back towards the kitchen. "I'm starving," she explained to no one in particular, glancing down at her perfect figure. "Unlike some of the girls here, I am perfectly happy with my body and can eat whatever the hell I want." She strode into the kitchen, straight to the fridge. "Leftover pizza." She read the name on the box, smirking. "Xavier doesn't need this," she chided. "But I'll leave half for him anyway." She took his food all the time; Xavier never seemed to mind.

One oh her eyes popped open. Wake up time. Malory grunted letting her eyelid close again. Twisting and turning a few more times before sitting up, Malory stretched out like a cat and let out a loud yawn. Malory scratched her back and fluttered her eyes open. Morning already. It seems like I just fell asleep. Oh wait I did. Like every night Malory had had trouble falling asleep thanks to her insomnia. Although she had a prescription for it, Malory hated taking pills.

She kicked one foot off of her bed and let the other one trail behind it. She slipped her feet into her blue bunny slippers and slowly straighten out her body until she was on her two feet. Malory grabbed a purple tank top a pair of shorts and got dressed. She slipped into the bathroom to finish off her morning routine and while she was brushing her hair, Malory felt a tug.

"Would you quit that."

Melody was standing next to Malory watching as her twin sister got ready for her first day. "You have split ends." She murmured as she walked behind Malory and grabbed the comb from her hand. Melody began to brush Malory's hair softly. "You need to take better care of yourself Malory. How in the world are you going to find someone to take care of us if you don't." The blonde girl kept stroking the same patch of her sister's hair until it was nice and smooth like hers. She continued on to another part and then another until Malory was left it a beautifully combed hair. "There much better." Melody placed the comb on the bathroom counter and disappeared.

Malory stared at the comb that was on the counter and then at her hair was that flawless. She took one last look at the mirror before walking out of her dorm and into the hall wondering what awaited her.

((Melody isn't real. She's inside Malory's mind.))

Xavier looked up at Zane and stood, stumbling a step forward as his "friend" shoved him, trying his best to ignore the comments it threw at him. Following Zane into the office, Xavier sat down and played with the hem of his shirt, feeling under dressed as he realized he didn't have any shoes on. 'I slipped my converses on this morning didn't I?' He asked himself before pushing the thought away. "So what course are you here for?" He asked Zane, taking another sip of coffee and looking around the room absentmindedly.

Roxanne got up, and saw Malory down the hallway. "Hey, Mal," she waved, taking a bite of Xavier's pizza. "The newbies came in this morning. Not a very lively bunch, if you ask me." She glanced at the girl's blonde hair. "Did you do something different to your hair this morning?" she asked nonchalantly. "I like it."

"I'm here to help students, with whatever may be their troubles" Zane said as he sat down and pulled out a pen. His office was very nice, a relaxed place filled with elegant furniture, a large desk, filled bookshelves. "Now if you would Xaivier, tell me a bit about yourself"

Malory waved at Roxanne who greeted her like she always did only this time she had a bit of grease on her right cheek from the pizza she was eating. "Thanks! Melody did it for me. I love it when she does my hair. She's gotten good practice ever since she started working at that hair salon."

She ignored the bit about the newbies not really caring much about them since she had other things to worry about. "So what's the scoop?Anything interesting happening today or is it like every other boring day at this crummy old school?"

Roxanne nodded. She had heard the girl's ramblings about Melody, her dead twin. She never questioned it; she never really had a reason too. Everyone here was like that, she supposed, in some way or another, so what was the harm?

Roxanne shook her head in response to Malory's last question. "Just another day. Xavier had some meeting to go to." She finished the pizza quickly. "That was his," she added, knowing Malory wouldn't tell him. Even if she did, it didn't matter much to Roxanne. She could handle whatever Xavier could throw at her - or any of the doctors, for that matter.

Xavier rolled his eyes at Zane's answer, but had figured he'd end up with something along those lines. Pulling his feet up, he sat criss-cross on the couch, thinking about what to say. "Well, I'm 17 years old, and this is my second year at Bennington. I have paranoid schizophrenia, but am a highly functioning one and don't need to be in this prison no matter what anyone says," he replied, not bothering to look at Zane and brushing his shoulder off like he had dirt on his sleeve, when he was really brushing away his "friend".

"I understand what you're saying, and this place certainly isn't a prison. My only objective is to help you get well. I've noticed your high functionality, I'm only wishing to make your life easier for you" Zane told him as he wrote on his papers. "Now, tell me a few of the things you like to do, your interests, your hobbies, favorite things"

Xavier blinked and looked at Zane curiously. The other shrinks in training that'd he'd talked to always questioned him about his diagnosis, his symptoms, if he was taking his pills. Not that he told them when he wasn't, which was always. If they were too stupid to figure it out until he had an episode, they didn't deserve to know. "I read a lot," he finally answered, no longer avoiding conversation by surveying the room and instead looking at Zane. "I play guitar, and this year I'm going to help teach a music class."

"That's excellent. I've never been much of a musician, always a reader though" he said with a smile. "You're schizophrenia, if you're comfortable talking about it, feel free to. Just tell me a bit about how it's affected you. Perhaps a situation it's hindered you"

Viviana glared at her alarm clock under her big blue blanket in annoyance. She wasn't any kind of morning person and did--what she would like to call--a "ninja kick" to hit the annoying bell onto the floor, affectively shutting it up. She smiled in triumph and covered her head again, planning to go back to sleep. Wait, do I have a patient this morning? she wondered in thought. No Zane does....so was I supposed to help the doctor? Crap.... Viviana jumped out of bed and grabbed a black tank top with a beat-up skull on it and ribbed jeans. She quickly changed and grabbed her red and black plaid converse before running out of her room. As she ran she put her uncombed hair in a ponytail and stopped at the kitchen. She grabbed the doctor she was helping favorite coffee, and her own, before leaving quickly to find him. I do not need another lecture about being on time to everything!

"I see... I guess I better just crawl back to bed before I die of boredom then or worse get trampled on by the newbs" With this said, Malory let out a big yawn and reached high above her head in a stretch making several of her back bones pop which she approved of with a big fat lazy smile. "I wonder what Xavier's meeting was about. Probably some psycho trying to knock the gay out of him." Malory's remark brought her back memories of when the "doctors" tried to send Melody away. For some reason the only thing these doctors seemed to want was to get rid off what made each of the students in Bennington High unique.

Roxanne rolled her eyes. "Might not be such a bad thing," she pouted. "Why do the hot ones always have to be gay?" She yawned as well, before adding, "I'm just kidding, of course. Not about the hot part, though. That part is so true it's painful." She brushed her long hair back from her face. "Whatever, though."

When Elizabeth woke up, she was scared. Why would she be? People should be scared of her. But crowds always made her anxious. She got dressed, and hold on to her teddy bear. It will help her. She walked down the hallway, trying to avoid people. She didn't want to harm them. "Nice teddy bear," someone said.

Xavier looked around again, his hands absently messing with his shirt as he thought silently. "It's not that bad most of the time," he says finally after deciding that he was in fact comfortable enough to talk about it. "When I was younger it was really bad. I couldn't tell reality from imagination and had really bad episodes even if I was medicated. I've had a few years to get it under control, and now I don't have as many episodes. Though it is frustrating at times, since I could've sworn I'd put shoes on before I left my room," he said and laughed a little, wiggling his socked toes as if to prove a point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back