• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Beneath The Winter Sky

SavannahSmiles

вσ∂у ιη тнє αвуѕѕ, нєαят ιη ραяα∂ιѕє
Hello! Before we begin, I would like to share some things about me:

~ I prefer to roleplay with +18 people only, as I am 26 years old and feel more comfortable roleplaying with people near my own age.

~ I usually write 3+ paragraphs and I would request my partner do the same. I'm not expecting a novel, but if you send me a one-liner, I will lose interest fairly quickly.

~ I can play both males and females and the pairings I can play are MxM, and MxF. Though I will quickly note that I prefer to play female when it comes to MxF pairings.

~ I will always notify my partners if I will not be able to make a post that day or if I am going to be absent for a time. If I find something concerning or have a question in regards to the role-play, I will poke my partner about. My partner can expect decent grammar and spelling from me; though if you see a mistake in my post don't be afraid to point it out, mistakes sometimes slip through in the editing process. My partner can expect me to be polite and respectful; if my partner says something is a no-no for them, then I will not bring that content into our roleplays. My partner can also expect me to never try to pressure or nudge them to play or do something they are not comfortable with.

~ I would like for my partners to let me know if they're having trouble making a post. Don't be afraid to tell that you're finding the roleplay boring or the like; there may be something we can work out to make it more enjoyable. I want my partners to communicate with me. If you want to add certain story elements, let's talk about! It might make the roleplay even better than it is. I would please like my partner to have a good grasp of grammar and punctuation. I would also like my partner to respect when I say that I am not uncomfortable with a certain element or setting.

Now onto the plot! The bolded role is the one I prefer to play.

Everyone is born with a soul-mark, a set of numbers on their wrist that count down to the moment when someone meets their soulmate. Once the numbers reach zero, a soul-mark will glow when someone is in the presence of their soul-mate. The year is 20XX and humanity has made leaps and bounds in terms of their technology. Somnium Inc. currently held the monopoly on dreaming technology, a device the company developed that allowed someone to dream while in cryo-sleep. Someone could choose to sleep for a year or even longer, by-passing the world while they enjoyed dreams of their own choosing. Many flocked to the clinics, grasping onto the chance to forget their troubles for even just an instance. Muse A is one such individual whose life felt like it was never going to get better. Their soul-mark was flawed, showing that they wouldn't meet their soul-mate for another one hundred years. Their family had either passed away or turned their back on Muse A. Sleeping away their troubles sounded like the perfect idea.

But something went wrong.

Instead of Muse A sleeping away one year, one hundred years passed; the world changed for the worst. Someone tried to play God, created a virus that caused mutations in living matter. Plants turned carnivorous, animals grew twice or even three times their normal size. Humans were not spared either. To some the virus gave animal features and tendencies, others it gave unnatural abilities. Others simply turned feral and roams the wastelands searching for prey to hunt and kill. Inside one of the clinics, Muse A's cryo-pod malfunctions and initiates the wake-up procedure. They awake to find an eternal winter has descended upon the world. As they struggle to gain their bearings, they hear a noise in the next room. As they reach for the handle to the room, they notice the number on their wrist has reached zero and is glowing softly...

(Ta-da! So for clarification, I would like to play Muse A, the character that has been asleep for the last hundred years. As for which character you play, that's up to you! Perhaps your character woke up a few years before my character, or perhaps they were already living in this chaotic world. Perhaps they aren't entirely human, it's up to you!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back