• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

fairyfawn

respectless
hello there everyone! welcome to the applications thread for the pirate adventure roleplay, beneath the waves!

application due date
tba - once we get a decent amount of applications, i'll decide on a date!

reminders
you do not have to use a fancy code for your application! noncoded applications are just as amazing as coded applications! just make sure you fill out the application form below! also, this roleplay is not first come first serve! if you see someone applying for a role you'd like to try for, go ahead and apply! i'll be picking which characters i think fit best. the spy and surgeon roles each require 2 people.

meet the crew!

captain - dori alda - played by fairyfawn fairyfawn

first mate - character name - played by

the spies - character name - played by , character name - played by

the carpenter - character name - played by

the cook - character name - played by

the lookout - character name - played by

the surgeons - character name - played by , character name - played by

the gunner - character name - played by

the royal - character name - played by

the cartographer - character name - played by

the tailor - character name - played by

the form!

realistic faceclaim here!
full name
nickname(s) if applicable
faceclaim/voiceclaim

birthday — reminder that this roleplay takes place in october of 1720
place of birth
personality — traits or paragraphs
history/backstory — optional!

role
are they good at their role?
do they believe in sea monsters?
how did they become a member of the crew? how did they meet the captain?
fears

are they a human, siren, or merperson?
appearance description
if they are a siren or merperson, please include a description of what they look like in this form too!

romantic orientation
sexuality orientation
headcanons/fun facts

hello player!

what can we call you?
your pronouns
triggers
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see?

links!
applications - you're here!
temp. ooc - beneath the waves temp. ooc
interest check - beneath the waves interest check
lore - beneath the waves lore

this code contains hidden scrolls! also this is a wip

imagine.

the captain.

name.

dorienne alda

a.k.a.

dori

age.

twenty-seven

gender.

cis female (she/fae/they)

sexuality

pansexual

birth date

july 1st, 1693

birth place

somewhere off of greenland

visage.

height.

5'2"

human appearance.

this is a big ol' WIP

faceclaim.

halle bailey

mermaid appearance

as a mermaid, dori is bathed in pastel pink scales that appear on faer shoulders, rib cage, and elbows and a bright pastel pink colored tail. there’s a couple of nicks in the tail fin. dori seems to always have seaweed and flowers entangled in faer hair.

species.

mermaid

♡coded by uxie♡

HELLO PLAYER!
what can we call you?
juniper, juju or juni for short, shark, pastel, fairy, fawn

your pronouns
he/purr/fox, other neos welcome!

triggers
just be respectful and we're all good

what adventures would you like to see?
i have a whole bunch of adventures and mysteries planned for this!

Last edited:

1000007913.jpg
"The world is one big map, it just takes someone who knows its language to decipher and translate it."

Name: Reika Xi
Nickname(s): Rye, Rye the Eye
Pronouns: She/Her
Voice Claim: Adelaide Kane

Birthday: 1695, April 1st

Personality
Quiet Rye has seemingly two expressions- pensive and withdrawn. Despite her cool, reclusive exterior, within is a passionate and intellectual soul, wrapped up in producing maps that will change the outline of the world from borders and mystery, into limitless and mapped out. Rye won't be the first to speak up, but she will die fighting for truth and justice. However loyal she may be, to test her idealistic view of how justice is to be mediated, is to court her ire and distrust. And while educated, she is a pirate at heart, and will gladly run you through should you disturb the ship she calls home- or her maps.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Body
Height: 5’11
Strength: oo●●●
Dexterity: o●●●●
Health: oo●●●
Energy: oo●●●

Skills
Perception: ●●●
Communication: o●●
Persuasion: oo●
Meditation: ●●●
Literacy: ●●●
Creativity: o●●
Cooking: ooo
Savvy: ●●●
Combat: o●●
Survival: o●●
Stealth: oo●
Street Smarts: o●●
Seduction: ooo
Luck: oo●
Handling Animals: oo●
Pacifying Aggressive Persons: oo●

Social
Charisma: ooo●●
Empathy: oo●●●
Generosity: ●●●●●
Wealth: ooo●●
Aggression: oooo●

Honest _x___Deceptive
Leader ____x__ Follower
Polite ____x____ Rude
Loyal x___Treacherous

Mind
Intelligence: o●●●●
Happiness: oo●●●
Confidence: o●●●●
Humor: ooo●●
Anxiety: oooo●
Patience: oo●●●
Passion: o●●●●

Role
The Cartographer

Qualifications
Need an excellent chart-maker, and navigator? Look no further for assistance in pirate wayfinding!

Rye studied since infanthood under the keen eye of a retired mariner who lived and breathed the ocean from his lighthouse until his dying breath. After spending an eyebrow-raising long career as a cartographer aboard The Red Dame, he raised her as his own when she was discovered on the shoreline, and changed her diapers on celestial maps and fed her off of quadrants and sextants. All Rye knows is charting and recording maps. She is also well-versed in most known nautical instruments.

Q & A

Does Rye believe in sea monsters?

Absolutely. She's seen some unexplainable things during her life on the shore and at sea. Besides, there are plenty of two-legged land monsters, it would be reasonable to assume there would be sea monsters, too.

How did she become a member of the crew? How did she meet the captain?

She used to sail with the Night Sailors, but during a routine trade meeting between Captain Dori Alda and her previous captain, Captain O'Savott, O'Savott offered her maps in exchange for some valuable antiques (the nerve of him!). Rye, who had remained a silent onlooker up until that pivotal point, bounded out of the shadows and explained that her discoveries and work stayed with her. O'Savott, stubborn and proud, detested her spirited declaration and left her aboard The Howling Eel to fend for herself where she worked tirelessly to prove herself and add to her stockpile of maps.

New quills, ancient nautical instruments, the smell of cedar and pine. She likes rarities or oddities, like boots or other various attire with hidden compartments, jewel-studded daggers from ancient Egypt, and sea creatures not often seen. While the sun affords for clear viewing, she loves the stars and navigating by the tails of the constellations.

Dislikes
Anyone touching her maps without having the decency to ask first (aside from the captain and first mate). Chocolate, ginger, or the taste of peppermint. She also detests wool and anything with a scratchy texture.

Fears
Shackles or prisons. Tight spaces. Failing to live up to what she believed her caretaker thought her to be.

Race
Human, as far as she knows.

Appearance Description
Blond hair, nearly white, that falls past her waist if unbraided. Watered-down green eyes. Considerably tall at 5'11. Slender form, mostly due to her skipping meals for the sake of work. One notable scar on her back, but hidden beneath her clothes, ranges from left shoulder blade to underneath the right. Her gate is somewhat off at times due to a minor hip injury that happened when a tree attacked her and shook her from its limbs while she was climbing it (or so the childhood tale goes). Light skin that burns easier than it tans, which is why she oft dons long sleeves and a hat, even in the heat of summer.

Sexuality/Romantic Orientation
Heterosexual

Headcanons/fun facts
Since she was found by the retired mariner when she was a babe, she does not really know her birthday and thus despises mentioning or celebrating it. However, the mariner went by the date he found her swaddled in the sand, on foot caught in the blanket and the other kicking the crashing waves as if angry at the tempest that plagued the sea that day, went by the date he found her: April 1st. While she is usually withdrawn into some map she is busy creating in her mind, she is often the first to laugh at a joke, or the first to jump into a fight to help another.

Also has a mouse friend aboard the ship she named Skitters, which she sneaks food to.

Name I prefer:
Marie or Lace

Pronouns:
Her/She

Triggers:
N/A

What adventures or mysteries would I like to see?

I always enjoy good character/world building. Would like to see some plot twists along the way. Sam isn't really a human, but a merman?! Great! We need to sail for three months just to take revenge on a pirate that did the first mate wrong three years ago in a game of cards, by uncovering his secret treasure stash which he accidentally drunkenly told first mate was in the Carribean surrounded by a thousand sea monsters? Let's go! Just in the mood for some coconuts on black sand? I'm with you! Seriously though, I'm ready to slay me rival pirates and gut some sea monsters for lunch!

Last edited:
IMG_1276.jpeg

Bryony Halima

(Unsure about whose face this is, I tried to look on Pinterest but turns out the photo was just posted by a random Tumblr account.)

Full Name: Bryony Halima

Nickname: Hally

Pronouns: She/Her

Voice claim: Vi from Arcane? Kinda-

Birthday — April 5, 1697 (23 years old)

Place of birth: Oriasea

Personality — Bryony is an extremely emotional young woman, she’s feels something about just about everything. She also has a storing moral compass, if something feels wrong to her she won’t do it. She can be angered easily and is rather loud about her anger. She does have a motherly streak and despite not showing it cares about her fellow crew members. Bryony takes every thing people say seriously and has a hard time understanding body language. She can be considered rather prickly and isn’t exactly the most welcoming nor friendly person.
Bryony is surprisingly rather creative, despite not being taught to be so. She comes with outside of the box solutions and likes some parts of the creative arts.

History/backstory — Bryony was born to a woman named Sage, who happened to be an apothecary, she had no idea who her father could possibly be. The apothecary trade had been passed down from mother to daughter for generations. The skill grew from each parent to child. Bryony lived in a small house by the sea with her mother and grandmother. She was obsessed with following her mother around as she worked. By the time she was four, she could knew how to cure the common flu.

Her life was pretty great in till she was twelve years old, her passed away. The apothecary was a lot less cheerful after that, her grandmother and her were never the cheerful type. Bryony after her mother passed felt as if she learned all she could about medicines and herbs, she began to turn her attention to poisons. She study any book she could find on the subject, she learned the rest by testing in herself. Eventually she grew distance from her grandmother and the apothecary herself.

At fifteen her grandmother finally put her foot down, informing Bryony that she wouldn’t be aloud to touch poisons anymore and she must focus on the family trade. Bryony reluctantly agreed despite loving poison more than any medicine. She focused back on the family trade as told, at least that’s what she seemed to be doing. In reality she was working on poison at night and instead of her working she began to train a young girl, Harper, in way of her family’s work. Till finally at twenty she decided she had once again learned as much as she could on a subject, she got interested in merfolk and alike. How would they be similar to humans? How could they react to poison? Do they heal faster? With little information to be in found in books she decided she needed to look for the information herself, leaving Harper to take over the apothecary.

Role: Surgeon

Bryony is a strong surgeon, it might be one of the only things she’s good at. She takes her job extremely seriously. The only reason she came aboard was because she wanted to study the monstrous and less monstrous creatures of the sea.

Bryony had heard of an upcoming crew, she had been looking for a ship to stay on for a few months. She was blaming on just paying for the voyage, that was in till she say the crew. They were covered in bruises and treating wounds poorly, that flipped a switch in Bryony’s mind. She immediately asked the captain for a job as a surgeon. She figured she could research and teach the crew how to properly take care of their wounds. Unfortunately or fortunately depending who you ask, Bryony never left the crew and to the day is still driven crazy by every little injury.

Likes: Poisons, Snakes, Spiders, Tea, Books, Being alone, Blankets, Pockets, Pouches

Dislikes: People, Stupidity, Exercising, Cluttering, Mornings, Pranks, Jokes, Sarcasm

Fears: Abandonment, Cats, Failure, Losing a love one

Race: Human

Appearance description: Bryony is rather short and has dark tawny skin. She isn’t very muscular. She has dark eyes with equally dark thick hair. She usually has a frown or a glare on her face, when she does smile however she has a smile gap between her two front teeth.

Romantic orientation: Panromantic

Sexuality orientation: Pansexual

Headcanons/fun facts:
-She has irrational anger at people taller than her
-She’s very unsure on how she feels about psychical touch, on one hand she likes touch but on the other she hates being touched.
-If she finds a poisonous animal she will keep it for anywhere from a few hours to a few days to study it before releasing it back into its natural habitat.
-Bryony made everyone on board the ship start using a swear jar and came up with creative insults to get around her own rule.
(I apologize if this post has any grammar mistakes, I’ll look back and fix them when I find the time,)

Hi, I go by Blispy and I use she/her pronouns. My only trigger is S/A but I’m fine if it’s a part of a story or role play as long I’m warned before hand. What I really want to see out of this role play is world building, especially on the fantasy elements (THE LORE IS ALREADY SUPER HELPFUL THOUGH) and stuff like that. I also would am really hoping to have characters gain emotional connections with one another and grow together

Last edited:
    general
    lucy
    full name
    Lucia Byrne
    sexuality
    Pansexual | Panromantic
    date of birth
    February 25th
    place of birth
    Oriasea
    the lookout
    SPECIES:
    Human

ARE THEY GOOD AT THEIR ROLE?
    Lucy holds no fear when it comes to heights; she climbs amongst the rigging of the ship with ease, unafraid of the drop to the deck that waits below her.

HOW DID THEY BECOME A CREWMEMBER?
    Lucy met Dorienne in a tavern and persisted until the captain let Lucy join the crew as the lookout.

DO THEY BELIEVE IN SEA MONSTERS?
    She does. Her father used to tell her bed-time stories of the ocean and when she was old enough to read she consumed any myths she could find, fascinated by all the legends.

WHAT KIND OF MYSTERIES/ADVENTURES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?
    Finding treasure or perhaps seeing a mermaid.

HEADCANONS

~ Don't touch her food, she's likely to bite you.
    ~ She carries a short sword with a wolf engraved into the hilt. It was crafted for her by her father and is her most treasured possession.
    ~ When she is nervous, she will fidget with the silver wolf medallion her father left for her.
    ~ Scrunches up her nose when she is confused about something.
    ~ When stressed she can not sit still and either practices her combat skills or does tasks around the ship to expel her nervous energy.
    ~ Only slightly feral, though she is a bit lacking in manners.
left

what can we call you?
Savannah or Savi

your pronouns
She/Her

triggers
Alcoholism and images/videos of spider

Maybe sunken treasure or a cursed island.

title

artist

Runaway Royal

R

equisite.

name

Wynter Aethelwulf

a.k.a.

Wyn

hair c.

a warm chocolate brown in medium length waves

eye c.

deep blue

occupation.

former prince attempting piracy

p

syche.

Wynter is a
sassy
spoiled brat, from the Kingdom of France. Coming from a monarcy with a long line of very strict and awful standard, He never truly seemed to fit in. He is very intelligent, not super judgmental and has quite the sense of
adventure
. He's always wanted to travel the world, but alas never was able to due to him being the royal heir. He has an amazing knack, of being able to flirt without trying as well. Although He is a bit naive to everything that is happening outside of the castle walls due to his parents being very censoring of what he learned. He is taking things day by day just trying to fit in too the crew and make a new identity for himself. But He does have a
mysterious
and secretive side that He will only share that info with if He can trust you. But once you gain Wynter's trust it is unwavering. He's also a bit of an ambivert trying his best. He had to put on a mask personality wise most of his life so he's just exploring his true personality.

E

xtras

Pronouns: He/Him
Birthday: January 1st
Place of Birth: France
FC: Terence Manchester
Sexuality: Gay (both sexuality and romantically)
Do they believe in sea monsters: He's one of those people who outwardly are sceptical about then but secretly does!
He's still learning the ropes of his new role
How did you meet the captain?/ How did you join the crew?: Having snuck out of the castle often, probably have met that way and over time all the long tales lured him to join as an escape
Species: Human
Likes: Dressing fancy, the view of the ocean, marine animals, rain, and books
Dislikes: His parents, spicy food, getting his hair wet, and the smell of fish
Fears: Having to go back to his family....
Height: 5"0
Weight: 120

g

allery.

♡coded by uxie♡

hello player!

what can we call you?: Risa is my name
your pronouns: She/her
triggers: None but I am little sensitive to gore
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see?: Lost/buried treasure...long travels

-- I will add history if need be

the cartographer

fc: jonah hauer-king

angus littlrot

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
81sRBa0+O+L._AC_SY741_.jpg

Full Name:
Athol McCune
Nickname(s) if applicable:
Attie
Pronouns:
He/Him/His
Faceclaim/Voiceclaim:
Couldn't find his name, but he was the model for a Scottish pirate outfit I saw

Birthday:
November 23, 1697 (22 years old)
Place of Birth:
Denmark
Personality:
Attie lives by the philosophy that your mouth should be free to run as much as it wants as long as your legs can run faster.

He grew up around boats and booze and so is comfortable around boats and booze.
He will try to charm his way out of any situation that seems like it's going to end bad for him.
Attie wants to be where the people and parties are. Because where there are people, there are secrets. And secrets are good for blackmail.

History/backstory — optional!
Attie was born on a Viking ship and has known the ways of the sea since he was a wee lamb. Some even say he started swimming before he could walk but there's no way to know how true that statement it. Despite his proficiency in and with water, he was never quite as ferocious as his crew mates. He barely participated in raids, and when he did, he would always pull up the rear. Eventually, he decided the Viking life wasn't for him and made his peace selling fish.

However, you know what they say - you can take the boy out of the Viking life, but you can't take the Viking life out of the boy. Even as a fisherman, he would engage his customers in talks and try and get all the town's gossip from them. Sometimes, if the gossip was good enough, he would even let his customers have the fish for free. At one point, he was trading more secrets than he was fish.

Role:
Spy
Are they good at their role?
He is great at gathering information, however he has the tendency to get carried away from time to time. He typically gets his information by getting his targets drunk or getting close with the people who are close to his target. Unfortunately, he also really enjoys drinking and the company of people. So he'll get the information...it might just take a second.
Do they believe in sea monsters?
He has heard about them and has always wanted to see one.
How did they become a member of the crew? How did they meet the captain?
The crew had docked on land where Attie was selling some fish and he very quickly began trading with the crew members. It didn't take him long to figure out that they were pirates. He remembered his freedom and adventures as a Viking and knew these pirates understood. He envied them.
However, he also very quickly found out that there was plans for a mutiny. He brought the information to who he had figured was the captain and his price wasn't gold or supplies...but a position on the ship.
Drinking, flirting, fish, swimming, climbing, deep diving, exploring, sleeping, boats, sailing, shanties
Dislikes
Awkward silences, reading
Fears
Doesn't know the meaning of the word "fear"

Are they a human, siren, or merperson?
Human
Appearance description
If they are a siren or merperson, please include a description of what they look like in this form too!

Attie is 6'1", weights 180 pounds and has long blades that reach the middle of his back. He is fit but doesn't have much meat on his bones, and - for his height - he doesn't have much presence in a group of people.

Romantic orientation:
Heteroromantic
Sexuality orientation:
Heterosexual
Headcanons/fun facts:
He is skinny, but he is still a Dane, meaning that his strength does not match up at all with his size - a true sleeper build.
As a fisherman, he would catch his fish by hand, getting in the water himself just so he had an excuse to get as wet as possible
He can hold his breath under water for up to three minutes and he uses that to play pranks of people or get away from pursuers.

hello player!

What can we call you?
Hi friends, call me Wyll.
Your pronouns:
I use He/Him pronouns
Triggers:
Not a one
What adventures or mysteries would you like to see?
Would love to see a situation where the crew has to either run away from or battle a sea monster.
I also think it would be fun to have a good ol' fashioned heist. The bigger the stakes, the better.
Running into a Viking ship, maybe? I think that might be fun.​

wip

Name Name
Rònan
Macbridei
He/Him
Pansexual
Spy
PERSONALITY

Rònan personifies the word 'guppy' in every way, from his gestures and unpretentious demeanour to his kind-hearted nature. With a well-intentioned approach, he consistently shows compassion in his interactions with the world and believes that to be a key principle in life. However, there is a deep-rooted urge in his existence to push himself, to ascend, and to shatter the confines of his complacency. He wants to shape himself for the better and improve his standing in a cluttered world. Perhaps this leads to his most surprising trait —-- ambition. In Ronan's mental map, ambition is like a hidden treasure, both cherished and burdened by him. There is so much want swelling in his veins, he’s consumed and his actions are more selfish to get it. His compassion feels artificial as if it is only a response to societal expectations rather than a genuine expression of care.

It opens up a path to a man who possesses a greater level of cunning than his appearance would show, and at some level, he’s more invested in his survival. But a bleeding heart is still a bleeding heart, he’s not immune to his follies and emotions.

SPY ROLE
Ronan leverages his youthful demeanour and friendly personality to immerse himself in every conversation, interaction, or dynamic. He’s there to offer advice, a keen ear and a pretty smile to disarm his intended people into his hands. It sometimes works well and other times — he’s over his head (especially with heavy alcohol involved), and he becomes a sleepy puppy.

OTHER
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin viverra tortor purus, id hendrerit enim dictum at. Nunc scelerisque eros mauris, ac tincidunt sem euismod at. Sed mollis sollicitudin enim, ut sollicitudin urna mollis et. Duis a risus quam. Mauris ultricies vehicula erat, eu tempus risus iaculis vitae.

Fusce id eros in eros dapibus finibus. Sed vel imperdiet velit, ac auctor eros. Suspendisse potenti. Curabitur dapibus metus et tellus accumsan feugiat. Donec est velit, porttitor vitae dignissim at, sollicitudin ac diam. Pellentesque condimentum augue eu magna facilisis, a ultricies felis ornare. Phasellus sit amet neque nisl. Maecenas fringilla, lorem et pharetra efficitur, justo urna consectetur erat, et porta dui libero vel tortor. Praesent vehicula, ipsum euismod consequat aliquet, sapien purus dapibus urna, sit amet tempus libero arcu eu quam. Aliquam nec turpis nisi. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nunc porta mauris ex, non venenatis augue porta eu. Aliquam nibh sem, gravida non nulla nec, lacinia volutpat magna. Mauris semper massa eu turpis pulvinar semper

BIOGRAPHY
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin viverra tortor purus, id hendrerit enim dictum at. Nunc scelerisque eros mauris, ac tincidunt sem euismod at. Sed mollis sollicitudin enim, ut sollicitudin urna mollis et. Duis a risus quam. Mauris ultricies vehicula erat, eu tempus risus iaculis vitae.

Fusce id eros in eros dapibus finibus. Sed vel imperdiet velit, ac auctor eros. Suspendisse potenti. Curabitur dapibus metus et tellus accumsan feugiat. Donec est velit, porttitor vitae dignissim at, sollicitudin ac diam. Pellentesque condimentum augue eu magna facilisis, a ultricies felis ornare. Phasellus sit amet neque nisl. Maecenas fringilla, lorem et pharetra efficitur, justo urna consectetur erat, et porta dui libero vel tortor. Praesent vehicula, ipsum euismod consequat aliquet, sapien purus dapibus urna, sit amet tempus libero arcu eu quam. Aliquam nec turpis nisi. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nunc porta mauris ex, non venenatis augue porta eu. Aliquam nibh sem, gravida non nulla nec, lacinia volutpat magna. Mauris semper massa eu turpis pulvinar semper

© pasta

Last edited:

the lookout

scroll

isla

isla

ㅎㅎ

full name

isla baumhauer

nickname(s)

iz, izzy

cisfemale

pronouns

she/her

sexuality

disaster lesbian

birthday

march 31st 1697
(23 years old)

place of birth

padstow

• obsessed.

adjective.
    unable to stop thinking about something; too interested in or worried about something.

♡coded by uxie♡

1000044374.jpg
Full name: Akane Saitomoto
Nickname: Sai
pronouns: She/her

birthday — December 1694
place of birth: Japan
personality — Calm, calculated and often cold. If you harm her crew she might just show you how fast she can make a bedroom into a torture chamber.

history/backstory — Akane was born on a coastal town in Japan, a fishermans daughter. She always loved the sea. On her sixteenth birthday she decided to take her father's boat and sailed off without telling anyone anything. 'It'll be a short while, but I'll be back' she told herself as the town faded into atmospheric mist.
Fast forward a few years and she is now a pirate on the western high seas, as far away from home as she could get. As intelligent as she was, picking up the language while scrubbing the deck wasn't too difficult.

~First Mate~

are they good at their role? Yes, though the crew might dislike her attitude sometimes.

do they believe in sea monsters? Yes, since she came from Japan she believes in many mythological creatures.

how did they become a member of the crew? The captain would have come across her castaway on remnants of her ship-- from there she would have become nothing but a labourer on the ship until she picked up the lingo and moved up the ranks.

how did they meet the captain? She tried robbing them for food, uncaring she was challenging someone with a crew. Of course she got what she deserved straight to the face-- but she had guts, and that's all the captain needed.

dislikes: loud people, being interrupted, long speeches
fears: Dying before making it back home for one last visit.

A short Japanese human girl, with an athletic build and a sour expression. She has short hair and might even be confused as a guy from time to time. She speaks rarely, and when she does it's usually an insult. She wears a Japanese robe in a mix of white and cyan with intriguing patterns across it. Of course it has grown pretty rugged over the years.

romantic orientation: Lesbian
sexuality orientation: Lesbian
headcanons/fun facts: The best way to bribe her is with tales of sea monsters and legends; rather than money.

hello player!

what can we call you? Kikimura/kik
your pronouns: She/her
triggers: n/a

Last edited:

Patience is a Virtue

full name

Jamila Ashryn

alias

Jem, Mila, or Ash

ethnicity/sexuality

Merperson/Bisexual (leans towards females happily)

d.o.b.

July 31

Age/Gender

20 years old/Female

Role

First Mate (or Surgeon)

height

5' 2"

hair

* Platinum blonde color with copper highlights
* Length is down to her lower back
* Texture is silky
* Wavy/curly
* Hairstyle tends to be down with a bandanna or in a messy braid

eyes

Mercury-dipped ice blue, her eyes appear almost silver in some light, but outside of that, she has a ring around her pupil that is a light blue with a turquoise on the outer edges

Build

Jamila is lithe and slightly athletic, she has a bit of muscle but you need to really look for it to find it. She has a very feminine build with an hourglass figure.

dist. features

As a mermaid: Jem has a tail that is lavender colored with scales tinted with turquoise and magenta outlines. She has silver scales towards the top of her tail, and the tail then ombres to lavender at the end. She gains brilliant copper highlights through her hair when in the water.

As a human: Her hair is almost completely blonde with copper highlights only when sunlight hits the strands

Her eyes are stunning no matter her form but the colors brighten immensely when she is in the water

FC

Eliza Taylor

Piece of Love

Mermaid Melody - Rina

req.

req.

"The earth is what we all have in common."

Jamila is a bit unique in that she has many traits she can display. At first glance, you may find this gal extremely quiet and cold. This merperson quickly thinks on her feet/tail and is very adaptable. Jem is pretty secretive, though - she honestly doesn't like others on the crew to know about her actual heritage. Jamila is calm and controlled in the time of absolute must. She takes 'all work and no play' to the literal meaning like no other. Jem is a bit sarcastic and sassy, to the point it may come across as caustic and a bit rude at times. She is loyal to the crew and to herself first and foremost, but outside of that - her calm demeanor comes in handy for emergencies.

Ash, despite being introverted, is very caring and sweet-tempered once you get to know her. Sure, she may seem caustic and cool at first glance, but on the inside ... she is a literal sweetheart. She has the patience of a saint and the absolute curiosity of her race. Jamila tends to be strong-willed and will fight for someone else's life before her own, no matter the cost. Her secret is tightly interwoven within, and she has this absurd fear of the water (due to her heritage of course and her secret being revealed), so she tends to be extremely, overly cautious. She is honorable and protective of anyone younger (and slightly older) than herself. Jamila is extremely resourceful, finding ways to help and create solutions with even the smallest things she can find.

+ Intuitive
+ Patient
+ Loyal
+ Kind
+ Compassionate

= Quiet
= Shy
= Sarcastic
= Sassy
= Solitary

- Sassy
- Judgemental
- Abrupt
- Naive
- Paranoid

- Solitude
- Shiny gemstones
- Healing
- Helping others

dislikes

- Rudeness
- Small spaces
- Disrespect
- Water - extreme fear of it honestly

quirks

One sure way to distract this girl is to show her any type of gemstone, true to her race she adores shiny things

pers.

pers.

birth

Jamila was born as a merperson, raised under the waters of her small aquatic city. Her parents were considered royalty in the city and thus she was proud of being known by majority of the merpeople in the city. Her childhood was spent within the safety of the walls. She was happy knowing that her small city was safe. Her parents adored her and treated her like she was the most precious treasure. Until her mother one day got herself tangled in a fishing net and was dragged ashore. Her mother was killed for her gorgeous scales, and Jamila inherited the same fantastic color.

Her father was desperate enough to try to attack humans, and this was when Jamila turned 16 years old. Jamila then went on land and endured the pain of her tail splitting into legs. The girl was not the most graceful initially; she was an absolute mess. She was constantly stumbling into things, which wasn't much of a change. Then she found the crew and the captain - something called her to the woman's side. Honestly the captain just felt like home. Jamila had one last thing to remind her of her home - a necklace with a gorgeous amazonite stone.

The Pirate Life

Jamila joined the crew when she was drawn to Dorienne. The girl was drawn in and almost immediately settled into the life of a pirate. She tends to be a bt cold and icy to anyone at first glance, only allowing the familiarity to allow her to become used and close to Dori. Her first two years on the ship flew by quickly, and she had to struggle to keep her scales hidden from sight at all times. The past has itched to catch up to her, and the sea's calling is just naturally in her blood.

Her calm persona allows her to see things with an eye for detail and feel out situations without reacting impulsively. Don't get her wrong, she had a small bit of judgemental time. However, she also had a soothing demeanor which allowed her to help out with treatign those who were injured or got sick on the ship. Jamila wouldn't change the outcome should it come down to it. She couldn't change her past, but her future was one she could set. And she would do so her way. Some secrets though, may end up coming undone without her permission - and time will tell when this will come to pass and how the crew will react to her heritage... and if Dori will react similarly, or share with her the truth.

best friend

Lialee

Lialee was Jamila's best friend when she was growing up.
Sadly the two were separated, and as such Lialee is unsure is the
heiress is still live, or if she fell to the same fate as her parents.

Mother

Acacia

Acacia was the queen of the small city that Jamila was born into
She was killed when Jem was around 10 years old by humans
Her scale color was inherited by her only daughter

Her Captain

Dorienne

Dori is what Jamila would consider 'her' captain
She is the sole reason Jamila has survived for so long
And is the one person that Jamila trusts with her entire soul
Just not with her secret.

What is your mermaid appearance, in full detail?

Jamila, as a merperson, is stunning, to say the least. She has a tail colored in silver ombred to lavender colored scales. Each of her scales are outlined in turquoise and magenta colors. The pattern of silver an lavender scales swirl across her stomach and shoulders elegantly while the scales closer to her neck are silver, the ones further away are lavender in color. Her hair is still lower back length but has stunning auburn copper highlights dancing through the platinum blonde strands. She wears a necklace with an amazonite lily flower that rests against her collar bones. A tiara made from amazonite lily flowers and sapphire leaves decorates her head.

Are you good at your role as a pirate?

Not all the time, honestly. She's only 20 years old mind you, as such - Jamila can be a bit distant and forgetful at times. She sometimes forgets the true outcomes and reasons behind things. She despises violence and will do anything she can to keep the peace.

hist.

hist.

scroll

♡coded by uxie♡

what can we call you?
~ Tala, Tals, Thel, Jade, Talathel, I'll answer to either of them ~
your pronouns
~ She/her ~
triggers
~ Hmmm, nada nada limenada ~
Honestly, I am more than happy to see where this leads as is, who knows what'll happen haha... maybe something involving merpeople and secrets being found out?? Honestly who knows

Last edited:
elizabeth-swann-gif-keira-knightley-pirates-of-the-caribbean-favim-com-3927193.gif

✦✧ - Come all you pretty fair maids... - ✧✦

✦✧ Name | Kadlin Addams (Kalypso)
✦✧ Nickname | Kad (only by her father)
✦✧ Age | 24 years
✦✧ Gender | Female, She/Her
✦✧ Sexuality | Heterosexual
✦✧ Role | Gunner/Cartographer/Lookout
✦✧ Birthday | Some time in November
✦✧ Place of Birth | At sea, her father's ship

✦✧ - Who love a jolly sailor... - ✧✦

✦✧ Ethnicity | Human
(doesn't know she's half Mer)
✦✧ Height | 5 feet, 1 inch (155.5 cm)
✦✧ Hair | Blonde
✦✧ Eyes | Stormy Blue-Gray
✦✧ Distinguishing Features | Has a lock
of hair in front of her right ear that is
always braided and tied with a red band.
There is also a "tattoo" draped on her
right shoulder of a sea dragon drawn in
red ink that she does not remember
getting and doesn't remember when it
showed up.

✦✧ - That plows the raging sea... - ✧✦

16a07b0b2524c94b4573b0eab99d1a55ec9c357e.gifv

Face and Voice Claim | Keira Knightley

✦✧✦✧ Kadlin Addams ✧✦✧✦
✦✧ - While up aloft in storm, from me his absence mourn... - ✧✦
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
✦✧ Personal Items
✦✧ Weapons | Her Cutlass and Flintlock Pistol - She is always armed with her cutlass has an ornamental filigree guard on the handle and a small amount of design on the blade itself. The flintlock has filigree carved on the lever, barrel, and hilt too. They were weapons her father gave her when he told her she was ready to wield them. She has kept them close ever since.
✦✧ Notable Items |
Red-White Calico Scallop Shell Pendant
- She has a red and white calico scallop shell with gold-covered edges on a necklace chain that she wears even when sleeping. A western dragon is painted on the inside of the shell, but that side is usually turned down. It is safe to assume this is probably her most prized possession as it was a gift from her mother that she gave her shortly after she was born and shortly before she disappeared.
Her Compass - Another item of her father's that is now her's, the compass is curious. It works as intended, though there is another arrow that seems to move and point in random directions at times. She doesn't know what it points to and can be seen studying it trying to figure out what it is pointing at.
Her Hat - A brown tricorne hat with a hawk feather placed in the band. She purchased it at port one day and found the feather while walking the shoreline. It seemed like fate and so she placed it in the hat and it's been there ever since.

✦✧ Personality
Kadlin is a very secretive person, yet while she is a quiet person, there is nothing shy about her. She is very serious and has a kind of air of hostility about her and conceals a lot of her emotions. It is a rare moment when one sees her smile or laugh genuinely and few could tell you the last time she did. The world of a pirate is dangerous enough, and many eyes and ears are everywhere ready to take and steal. Better to trust few, suspect much and keep true and good hearts hidden, which is exactly what Kadlin does. Underneath the icy fortress walls, she is the most loyal person you will ever meet. Anyone who earns her trust can be sure they have a reliable ally for life. She is honorable and chivalrous, has a kind heart to all creatures big and small, and will make sure other crew members treat them well too. Kadlin is no stranger to the ways of the waves and how a pirate's world works, but she does do her best to not take any life that need not be taken. She can get away with killing someone but rather knock them out? Perfect. Her icy words are intimidating enough that the enemy is standing down without fighting? Even better. Few people know of this hidden heart of hers and even fewer have ever found their place there. This place is a one-time chance too; should you dare betray it, you'll never gain her trust again. Ever. So even though she is rough and cold on the outside, her hidden heart is warm and caring. It is only scarred and Kadlin fears to let anyone see just how fragile it is. She fears they may do more harm than good...
✦✧ Likes | Old books and stories, maps and charts, sea creatures(dolphins, orcas, sea horses, etc.), sea salt, sunrise on the oceans, the sound of the waves, warm weather and water, quiet places, horses, the gentle creak of the ship, apples, cedarwood, lighthouses, red gemstones, scallop shells
✦✧ Dislikes | Loud bars and taverns, anyone being too drunk and out of control(large amounts of alcohol), being cornered or pressured into anything, cruelty to animals or children
✦✧ Fears | Having no control, finding out her Dad is dead, being used
✦✧ Hobbies | Drawing and sketching, noting stories and curious things, caring for the animals onboard and watching for sea-life too, scanning the seas for those blood-red sails
✦✧ Family |
Robert Addams - Her father, the captain of The Wonderment of the Jabberwocky
Unknown - Her mother; disappeared shortly after Kadlin was born; she does not know she was Merfolk
✦✧ History |
Kadlin grew up in the care of her father aboard his ship, The Wonderment of the Jabberwocky. Robert Addams was a great voyager and explorer, a "gentleman pirate", stealing from those who had more than enough while letting those less fortunate go free. He was known as the "Captain of Dragons" as the fierceness of his mighty ship's cannon fire was often compared to dragon's breath. His ship, The Wonderment of the Jabberwocky, was a large galleon with blood-red sails he'd built himself; a vessel that he could sail without a crew if one knew how to activate and control its workings. It was something he'd bragged about to her. He never showed her how it worked, but she'd seen the strange mechanisms and rigging sometimes within the hull under the boards, and she could only ponder how he'd rigged it and how it worked. It had a loyal crew that would follow his orders to the end. A crew like that was hard to find on these seas. Truly, this was a hard life for any child to grow up in, yet she managed. With the teachings and guidance of her father and many of the other crewmen - and women, Kadlin learned to survive life on the seas from a very young age, quickly picking up on just about any task she was given. She was gifted when she was given the helm or command over the canons during a battle, and her skill in charting maps and drawing out routes by just scanning the horizon was very promising too. It was very clear she'd taken after her father in a lot of things. One day, however, one battle was quite different. A Spanish Man O' War was pursuing them one night and chasing them straight into a storm. Kadlin's father had pondered many things as he'd sailed the Jabberwocky onward and finally, he called for the crew to abandon ship and go to the nearest island to escape; he alone would brave the storm and take the Spanish with him. Kadlin had resisted, but he was firm with her, ordering her to do as he asked...because he couldn't bear to lose her and there was so much he had left to tell her. So after promising he would do all he could to return one day, she finally left, but with much difficulty. The Spanish paid no mind to what they thought were empty rowboats in the water as they passed, thinking they had released them to lighten their ship and sail faster into the coming storm. What ship could sail on its own without a crew, right? And surely Captain Addams would never abandon his prized ship. The last that Kadlin saw of the Jabberwocky was the silhouette of the galleon outlined upon a large wave as it sailed over its crest to the other side with the Spanish still pursuing. Many believe - including many of his crewmates - the "Captain of Dragons" was killed that night and that his ship was sunk as well, but Kadlin believes differently. He promised to return to her, so perhaps childishly, she "knows" he's out there somewhere, and the Jabberwocky still sails with her crimson colors. She vows to one day find them, to reunite with her father, and hear what things he never got to tell her. And her first question would be who her mother was...and where had she gone?
✦✧ Extra Character Questions |

✦✧ She grew up on a ship so she learned as many trades as she could save for learning anything medical or cooking; those two things she was no good at all. She learned to survive and do whatever she needed to do so. The ship is under attack? Take out the enemy and live. Soldiers know where she and/or crew members are and are coming for them? Escape, protect, and live. She's good at her role, but if the ship needs someone to jump in to do something, she'll do it. The seas are her life and she'll fight to end to keep her freedom and to keep searching for her father.
✦✧ Yes. Growing up on the waves, you see things and hear stories. Stories of great battles with Krakens and sea dragons and then the wreckage of sinking ships just floating with no signs of battle or warning, just chaos. She swears she's seen simmering scales sometimes, but when she goes to take a closer look, nothing is there. It doesn't scare her, but it makes her very curious. She believes there is much to learn about the seas and while there are many strange and wonderful things hiding in the depths, there are also many dangers. It would be curious to see how she would react to learning she could be seen by some as a "sea monster" herself...but not all things in the sea are monsters.
How did they become a member of the crew? How did they meet the captain?
✦✧ She met the captain while wandering at port one day, searching the docks and the arriving ships for one she might find service on as she was looking for a new crew to join. She came upon the bubbly captain and found her quite curious; a welcoming kind of curious. Based on the other captains she'd encountered that day - most hard-faced, angry men that either had no time for her or had some other things on their minds seeing a woman looking for "work" - she was a welcomed change. And so she inquired about joining the crew of The Howling Eel.
✦✧ Her Mer Appearance | Her tail is shades of red and orange with deep maroon spots and designs along the tail itself and fins too. She has similar scales that appear and cover her chest from just below her collarbone to the bottom of her ribs that go around her back too. Similar fins grow on her ears too. Her hair shines a brighter, lighter blonde in the water. She does not know she is half-Mer and has never had her tail or any scales appear before, so it is safe to say she will also be quite afraid should her tail and scales just appear. Her Mer name that her mother gave her when she was born is Kalypso, but her father never got to tell her this as he knew he only could when she was ready. A true name is a powerful thing for anyone and he feared that knowing hers without knowing all would cause her fins to appear and she'd be unable to control when it appeared and when it didn't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
✦✧ - And firmly pray, arrive the day, he's never more to roam... - ✧✦
Theme | My Jolly Sailor Bold

What can we call you?
✦✧ Hello! Please call me Kat ^^ Kat-sune is fine too as I know that Kat is a popular nickname. :3
Your pronouns
✦✧ She/Her
Triggers
✦✧ Nothing to really note. Please do let me know if something needs to be corrected - storywise, chatting-wise, anything at all - and I will happily do so. :3 I strive only to be respectful and have fun and want to make sure everyone else is having fun too. :3 <3
✦✧ I'm excited for anything! I've recently started my Mer adventure irl with a friend getting me into it (I work at an Aquarium so I get to wear my tails during special events and its sooo much fun :3) and have always loved the pirate stories, so I've very excited for anything! I'll fit my girl here in whatever role I can honestly cause this plot sounds like so much fun!

Last edited:
1709995668312.png
full name Ena Bradshaw
nickname(s) if applicable — Cook
gender — female
pronouns — she/her
faceclaim — Clara Paget
birthday — May 2, 1695
place of birth — South Carolina
personality — She may not have been on the ship long, but the Howling Eel is her home. She must feed everyone on it, and thus considers everyone on it hers to take care of. She’ll grow exasperated at any recklessness, but is practical enough to accept it’s the way pirates are.

history/backstory — Born to a family of indentured servants and the only daughter of five, Ena tried to be just another one of the boys. When she was too young to work, she followed her brothers, helping with the small chores she could manage, then running after them to play when the day was over. Even after she grew older, she’d sneak out to join them after her chores in the house were done. She loved being outside, with the wind in her hair and the sun bringing freckles to her cheeks.

It was her thirteenth year that she drew the attention of the master’s son. Perhaps he’d watched her before that, though if he had he’d never told of her sneaking out. Maybe he’d only see her quiet and behaved while working. It would show why he’d be disappointed after.

But regardless, her parents were pleased with the match, excited that their daughter would be a plantation owner’s wife. He was a large man, though still growing, but very handsome. For as wild as she ran, she’d always been obedient to her father, she trusted he knew best, so when he gave his blessing, she agreed. Within the year, she married the man who was five years her elder, Raymond.

Marriage was hard. Her mother had tried to prepare her for her new life, but even she did not fully know what to expect. He expected her to be a lady, but though she had seen them as a maid in the house, she certainly hadn’t learned to be one. Her manners were rough, her very words mocked for their accent. She had things to learn, far more than she could possibly imagine. And worse of all, was the separation of her family. Though they lived just outside, she had to pretend they didn’t exist. She wouldn’t have gone through with it, except somehow, that bond was already gone. They were referring to her as ‘miss’ or even ‘my lady.’ They never looked at her, keeping their eyes down as she still did to their betters. So she had to adapt. She learned the lessons, watched the other ladies weave webs of intrigue and tried to join in. But they did not accept her. For years she tried. Even her husband grew tired of her cries and sought his pleasure elsewhere.

Even now, she could not say what made up her mind. The desire to flee had been percolating for so long. When she fled, with the most comfortable pair of boots, an extra dress, and some gold she’d stolen, it was any other day. Though she’d known where her family had settled, having paid off their debt, she went the other way. Toward the coast. There she stowed away on a boat. She couldn’t help but wonder, after those nights of storms that there was some truth to the superstition of women on ships. For the one she was on shipwrecked, leaving her coughing on the shores of Aryith.

role — Cook
are they good at their role? — Yes: their meals are often bolstered with fish Dori seems always able to catch. The captain is good about stopping and getting fruit every month or so
do they believe in sea monsters? — No. They think they’re just tales to scare the ignorant.
how did they become a member of the crew? how did they meet the captain? She’d admit it. She was in a bad way. She’d fled a loveless marriage in search of adventure and got trapped in a small tavern. She’d learned to cook, but before that, she was expected to entertain the guests. She hated seamen, pirates, there was no difference. Until she’d met her. Dorienne was unlike any other pirate she’d even heard of. She could tell she wanted out and after trying her stew hired her as a cook right there. The Howling Eel had enough of a reputation that no one protested afterward.

likes — experimenting with the spices they steal, cooking, checking in on everyone,
dislikes — when the crew is reckless with their health, rum, being touched, at least skin to skin contact
fears — Getting captured, the losing a crew member, drowning
are they a human, siren, or merperson? — Human
appearance description — Even in the heat of her galley, Ena wears layers. She’s never without her embroidered coat, the stitching a throwback to her past life, something she’ll add on to on rare quiet moments. She’s recently grown confident enough to grow her hair back out, after having cut it in spite when she left the tavern. Though she often still wears a hat. She usually has her swords belted to her sides, weapons she’s learned quickly how to use, even if she’s slow to draw them.

romantic orientation — Bi
sexuality orientation — Bi, sapphic leaning
headcanons/fun facts

• She has a crush on the captain, but keeps it to herself
  • She learning to trust touch again
hello player!

what can we call you? — Either Lost or Echo; I don’t mind either
your pronouns — she/her
triggers — n/a

tiRURkMC55zvvRhOfw8ynROiv_L0fOy5tgpKG33k1749J-zd3rBTMBhENFlyVpZ6RiFeXN1Icaz_JDVDs_Z9lMXHD6mBp9YApuqufEXPnSC7zbs8WjgDHLY5mcaJJRmjMNJ7WfEQFcKFecI9SraFAqA

Full name
Eldoris Barret

Nickname
Dori

Pronouns
Any

Faceclaim/voiceclaim
FC is Louis Hofmann!

Birthday
November 3, 1699

Place of birth
In a no-name part of the sea.

Personality
Quiet, not in the soft way but in a way where he’d rather observe, as he sees most people as something like a science project. They get easily curious about new-found knowledge and pursue it ruthlessly. He is very pretentious yet perseverant, and if he happened to genuinely like a person's company, he would most definitely be a chatterbox. When comfortable, they may seem more blunt.

Backstory
A runt of a child, the smallest one, was who they were. Though humans always do run to small children of their own kind, all they had to do was blend in.
They were abandoned at the ripe old age of four, and found themselves on the shore of a town named Aryith, and even if they were the runt, they were uncannily so good at playing pretend. The ocean gifted the child the gift of navigation, but as the sea gives, it takes, and it took the warmth as a price. It was so cold, so cold, and their body shook as that child's body turned cold in the ocean, but they took it, ate, and took their place. And that night was what made Eldoris Barret.

Role
Cartographer/Spy

Yes, mostly because of how their birth is in relation to the sea, which lets them navigate better, but also because of their eyesight! If their role were that of a spy instead of a cartographer, they would still be able to do their job due to people trusting them more often due to their voice and looks, but it would be mediocre at best as they come off as pretentious.

Yes! Mostly because they are one, but you know.

How did they become a member of the crew
Eldoris was rather curious about pirates, how they were so brave when they weren’t born and made for the sea, and so they found themselves convincing a pirate into taking them in for a job on their ship, and it surprisingly worked!

• Knowledge
  • Warmth

Dislikes
  • Their teeth and hands.
  • The siren song

Fears
The cold, teeth, and, also, death!

Are they a human, siren, or merperson?
Siren

appearance description
Humanoid
: big brown eyes with blonde hair and an unnaturally slim body; when they think no one is looking , they seem much more unreal. If you look too close, you may think their skin is translucent!

Siren: A shorter tail than most, mostly due to malnourishment. The skin, especially the tail, is translucent. Their teeth are much sharper, and so are their nails. Though, even as a siren, their beauty to humans still looks otherworldly.

Romantic orientation
Pan

Sexuality orientation
Ace

Headcanons/fun facts
It is slightly uncanny to humans, even in its humanoid form!

What can we call you?
Placeholder!!

your pronouns
He/her

Triggers
None!!

I’m interested in how the crew would interact with sea creatures and civilians!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back