• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Below the Surface (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
There is always a market for fresh organs, although I don't think Phil deals in them, mainly because organs perish quite quickly and it's mainly a demand type of business, he is more into stocking stuff up and selling later, and rarely doing on-demand business.
The on-demand stuff he probably would only do for his trusted friends/allies, or valued customers.

Cause things like a heart have only 6 hours to be transplanted, but then there are kidneys who have 36 hours to be transplanted, so if they did meet it would be probably to establish a connection for possible on demand body parts/ organ replacements.

There is always a market for fresh organs, although I don't think Phil deals in them, mainly because organs perish quite quickly and it's mainly a demand type of business, he is more into stocking stuff up and selling later, and rarely doing on-demand business.
The on-demand stuff he probably would only do for his trusted friends/allies, or valued customers.

Cause things like a heart have only 6 hours to be transplanted, but then there are kidneys who have 36 hours to be transplanted, so if they did meet it would be probably to establish a connection for possible on demand body parts/ organ replacements.
Seems reasonable! Perhaps instead of meeting they instead know of each other from different clients?

Seems reasonable! Perhaps instead of meeting they instead know of each other from different clients?
that probably is the most valid reason of them knowing eachother.

Impius Impius Ayama Ayama if you were wondering why I didn’t respond to Ayama’s post for Yukiye it was because I was thinking of having Pike respond first just so I could have little bit more to go off of if that’s alright!

the CS is almost done. I will need to just typeset the backstory, break it apart a little to make it more readable, and most importantly check the damn grammar and fix it if necessary.

Now for the time frame for this, well technically i could finish it today, but that means pulling an all-nighter essentially since its 2am here, and i have wake up before 9am.
Or i could just go to sleep and finish it in the morning....
i think i prefer the latter option.

BTW what is everyone's timezones, asking cause of two reasons:
1. Curiosity!
2. Planning since if i knew your timezones i could just message you around the time where you would be more active and not in the middle of the night.

Mine is gmt+2

Last edited:
the CS is almost done. I will need to just typeset the backstory, break it apart a little to make it more readable, and most importantly check the damn grammar and fix it if necessary.

Now for the time frame for this, well technically i could finish it today, but that means pulling an all-nighter essentially since its 2am here, and i have wake up before 9am.

1. Curiosity!
2. Planning since if i knew your timezones i could just message you around the time where you would be more active and not in the middle of the night.
I’m in the CT (Central Time Zone)

1. Curiosity!

Mine is gmt+2
Mine is PST (Pacific), so you'd be 4 hours ahead of me, I think.

OK, I'm in need of some ideas. As you know I'm making a set of twin assassins. They are fratenal (brother and sister), from High City. Their father is a big vid star, and their mother is a business mogul of some kind, so they are elites. As I said earlier, I had so many great ideas about their backstory and what made them leave their lives of leisure to be assassins. It's my own dang fault. I know how my memory work when I'm in trauma (and it's been a traumatic month indeed), but I didn't write myself so much as a CliffNote before going to bed the other night, and I still can't remember.

They have access to money, so that wasn't a factor. They don't hate their parents, so that's not a factor. Why assassins?

Mine is PST (Pacific), so you'd be 4 hours ahead of me, I think.

OK, I'm in need of some ideas. As you know I'm making a set of twin assassins. They are fratenal (brother and sister), from High City. Their father is a big vid star, and their mother is a business mogul of some kind, so they are elites. As I said earlier, I had so many great ideas about their backstory and what made them leave their lives of leisure to be assassins. It's my own dang fault. I know how my memory work when I'm in trauma (and it's been a traumatic month indeed), but I didn't write myself so much as a CliffNote before going to bed the other night, and I still can't remember.

They have access to money, so that wasn't a factor. They don't hate their parents, so that's not a factor. Why assassins?
Corruption of the government? Perhaps they see I.U as corrupt and they think that to change that they assassinate government officials and politicians? Just a thought!

Well they may suffer from psychosis and just like killing.
They could be adrenaline junkies and where to find more adrenaline than in life and death situation.
Revolutionists...

Or the thing with most existential dread.
A) Them being in some strange high city cult.
B) They question why they are alive and temporarily find the answer when they kill.

But do differentiate between assassins and hired killers or hitmen even since they have different codes and standards

Well they may suffer from psychosis and just like killing.
They could be adrenaline junkies and where to find more adrenaline than in life and death situation.
Revolutionists...

Or the thing with most existential dread.
A) Them being in some strange high city cult.
B) They question why they are alive and temporarily find the answer when they kill.

But do differentiate between assassins and hired killers or hitmen even since they have different codes and standards
I kind of like the idea of the psychosis...they do tend to go about their tasks a bit too cheerfully. I also like the idea of Revolutionists who disagree with the gap between the lower classes and the elites.

Difference between assassin and hitman understood: Assassin kills are political/religious and hitmen are't so fussy as long as you pay them.

Corruption of the government? Perhaps they see I.U as corrupt and they think that to change that they assassinate government officials and politicians? Just a thought!

This works with Megilagor's idea of Revolutionists.

Thank you! You've both been a big help.

having a hard time deciding what upgrades on the implant a black market dealer would need or rather how to word them.
I know he needs a scrambler, perhaps something so people cant track his implant.
Any ideas are welcome...

For Pike it would be harder, but knowing the fact that Phil has connections with black markets in other divisions/cities, he could help accommodate Pike for his missions especially if he needs unmarked weapons or stuff he wants to not be traced to him.

That is essentially what I had in mind for Pike and Phil. Pike likes his weapons, he likes doing dirty deeds and is very peculiar about who he deals with. Depending on what the job was, Pike is likely to visit Phil often. "Friends" is still a strong word, on Darwin's level. It's rumored he would be incapable of befriending a dog if presented to opportunity.

As for implants, I agree with Ayama on the scanner and scrambler implants. Having someone who can evaluate an enemies implants would be incredibly useful, especially if he can see a weapons] modifiers as well.

1. Curiosity!

Mine is gmt+2

I am Central Time. Feel free to message me regardless of the time, if you need to shoot me anything. I get silent notifications, so don't feel like you'll bother me or wake me up :) My active time is super sporadic, work is over full time and my home life takes me afk every other sentence most days.

Ayama Ayama Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy Mace13 Mace13 BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

I will post a response as Pike either tonight (unlikely but hopeful) or by Saturday.

I'm imagining the current group can get to Yuriye's office as the new characters make their introduction posts. I'm aiming for us to be a group after visiting the office and before we get to an Interstate.

Is there anything anyone will need to do before leaving Lockewood?

That is essentially what I had in mind for Pike and Phil. Pike likes his weapons, he likes doing dirty deeds and is very peculiar about who he deals with. Depending on what the job was, Pike is likely to visit Phil often. "Friends" is still a strong word, on Darwin's level. It's rumored he would be incapable of befriending a dog if presented to opportunity.

As for implants, I agree with Ayama on the scanner and scrambler implants. Having someone who can evaluate an enemies implants would be incredibly useful, especially if he can see a weapons] modifiers as well.

I am Central Time. Feel free to message me regardless of the time, if you need to shoot me anything. I get silent notifications, so don't feel like you'll bother me or wake me up :) My active time is super sporadic, work is over full time and my home life takes me afk every other sentence most days.

Ayama Ayama Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy Mace13 Mace13 BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

I will post a response as Pike either tonight (unlikely but hopeful) or by Saturday.

I'm imagining the current group can get to Yuriye's office as the new characters make their introduction posts. I'm aiming for us to be a group after visiting the office and before we get to an Interstate.

Is there anything anyone will need to do before leaving Lockewood?
None that I can think of!

I feel Coco and DJ are a little OP compared to the rest. I would like to tone that down a little. Such as having only 2 for physical ability enhancements, like 'Upgraded strength, endurance and flexibility' and 'Enhanced senses and response times'. As it stands, they feel kind of super human and would out pace the rest of the group easily.

For Coco specifically:
*Bio-enhance regen capabilities.
**Daisie/cyborgs

*I'm willing to work with this one, as long as there is some sort of hard limit or con to it ex: can only heal non-life threatening injuries; can heal an injury like a broken femur bone once a week/month. The max number of upgrades one can handle would be at 2 in total (The biogen and one more). This would also be a military grade implant and hard to obtain, but I can see Coco obtaining something like this easily with her history. This way she can still heal faster than the rest in a bad situation to help but can't straight out pace the rest of the group.

**I didn't have cyborgs existing in mind, however since Daisie is really weaved into Coco's story and drive, I don't see it hurting anything with her being a background character. I'm assuming the other three NPC's aren't cyborgs, but if they are, I'd like to keep Daisie as the one and only (She could be the first successful cyborg in human history).

For DJ:
The cosmetics are pretty techy as well, human augmentation has. Quite hit that level yet

Otherwise, everything else is all great and I look forward to seeing the dynamic between Coco and the other hotheads of the group and having someone famous!
k sooooo like i just ended up changing my charrie. I really wanted to incorporate Daisie but if cyborgs aint a thing then she a no go. All good. That and i reeeeeally cant do without DJ being all cosmetically fancied up with her implants lol

But lmk if Callei all good k?

Thinkin that in the riots she gets separated from her bffs and then winds up meeting everyone in the office?

k sooooo like i just ended up changing my charrie. I really wanted to incorporate Daisie but if cyborgs aint a thing then she a no go. All good. That and i reeeeeally cant do without DJ being all cosmetically fancied up with her implants lol

But lmk if Callei all good k?

Thinkin that in the riots she gets separated from her bffs and then winds up meeting everyone in the office?
She's good to go! Perhaps her popularity can come to use for the group later on

I'm thinking as of right now, Pike is going to be walking into Yuryies office with two others. I'm hoping everyone outside of Pike, Endor, and Yukyie, will group up and the whole will come together after the office visit

OK, quick question. Are smart link weapons a la Cyberpunk feasible? Oh, and what about something like a monofiliment whip?

Can you expand on those two things a bit? ouo
They're both cyberpunk things. A smart weapon can be interfaced directly via smart link (in the hand) and allow you to track targets in real time.

A monofilament whip can cut through bone & armour and retracts into the handle when not in use. Thinking about it, that might be a bit OP, so nevermind on the monofilament whip...I thought it would be super cool for my girl (Nyx).

They're both cyberpunk things. A smart weapon can be interfaced directly via smart link (in the hand) and allow you to track targets in real time.

A monofilament whip can cut through bone & armour and retracts into the handle when not in use. Thinking about it, that might be a bit OP, so nevermind on the monofilament whip...I thought it would be super cool for my girl (Nyx).
I like the smart-weapon thing~
Impius Impius Thoughts?

I like this idea.
I have two ways of incorporating it:

This can be obtained via modification: 2/3 slots. Hard to obtain but not impossible. Expensive and a rare find.

The weapon itself is smart, like in cyberpunk. 2/2 modifier slots (to even it out JUST a little (basically makes the cost from 3/3 to 1/3)). This would be nearly impossible to obtain. 100% special ops military use, not open for distribution. Basically the most expensive weapon on any market. Since the twins are assassin's, I can see it a hit could be out on a highly disliked Admiral. I won't require you to explain how they got itz but it would be interesting to hear the story sometime ;)

I like this idea.
I have two ways of incorporating it:

This can be obtained via modification: 2/3 slots. Hard to obtain but not impossible. Expensive and a rare find.

The weapon itself is smart, like in cyberpunk. 2/2 modifier slots (to even it out JUST a little (basically makes the cost from 3/3 to 1/3)). This would be nearly impossible to obtain. 100% special ops military use, not open for distribution. Basically the most expensive weapon on any market. Since the twins are assassin's, I can see it a hit could be out on a highly disliked Admiral. I won't require you to explain how they got itz but it would be interesting to hear the story sometime ;)
Wooo! Smart pistols and silencers for the twins! *runs around in excited little circles*

Er...I mean... *casual pose* Cool, thanks. ;) I def can cook up a suitable story for how they got their paws on them. Mwah hah hah hah. Good golly the twins would positively salivate when they got their hands on that.

Wooo! Smart pistols and silencers for the twins! *runs around in excited little circles*

Er...I mean... *casual pose* Cool, thanks. ;) I def can cook up a suitable story for how they got their paws on them. Mwah hah hah hah. Good golly the twins would positively salivate when they got their hands on that.
I'm looking forward to meeting these guys xD

Pike is going to start having some serious ego issues with this group. His whole idea of him being big and bad is going to crumble hahaha it's going to be great and help with the character development I want for him

I'm looking forward to meeting these guys xD
I do truly believe these two shall be a fun pair of cheerfully mentally disturbed assassins.
Pike is going to start having some serious ego issues with this group. His whole idea of him being big and bad is going to crumble hahaha it's going to be great and help with the character development I want for him
Nothing like a little ego busting to set the mood and/or scene. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back