• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Below 40rty [Modern Ice Age RP] [Open]

Paranoid Android

Subterranean Homesick Alien (INFP)
/dee/OS v4.2.7 - 1991 AAMO 100%

Please use this space for talking with another RPers instead of the IC.

AAMO: Breaking the 4th wall since 1989

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll only edit the Molythermia characteristics tab in the overview later, so just to keep you informed: Infected people act sort of like zombies, though still keeping some (rudimentary) intelligence, somewhat keeping the ability to speak or not depending on the individual. There's also a rare variation that keeps or even improves their intelligence, acting more like a psychopathic human. Infected can't die of old age, and their characteristics change along the years, besides being weak to fire (duh).

These are the basics.

You know I iust noticed this is like a dead space/lost planet/resident evil/fallout mash up. And other things, but those stick out

Average said:
You know I iust noticed this is like a dead space/lost planet/resident evil/fallout mash up. And other things, but those stick out
Actually from all these I just intentionally "borrowed" from Fallout. O.o Resident Evil I suppose you mean because of the zombie-ish theme, but that exists since Night of the Living Dead. I did play Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 6, but I guess it was too little to serve as inspiration to me for anything.

Heh yeh I saw resident evil too, but again those wrre the most present. And yeah I gtochu but resident evil because the game is always in the prespective of people in the military(airgo our pov in this RP)

MrMister said:
Shit this is so well thought out. GM goals right here for real xD
I'm too perfectionist for my own good. But thanks for the compliment.

I had this idea a few years ago as a LittleBigPlanet 2 level, and I kept some stuff from the original concept. I'm not exactly sure about how I should use the Notes tab so I requested to attach it here and I'll explain the story a bit more.

See, I have a couple questions but I'm gonna read through everything again to be sure I didn't simply skip over the answers to them.

MrMister said:
See, I have a couple questions but I'm gonna read through everything again to be sure I didn't simply skip over the answers to them.
There's some stuff yet to be added (details about the disease, how the /dee/vice works, elaboration on Thermoarmors since I accidentally lost most of that, main NPCs, timeline), but I'm sure I must've let something not related to those out so :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no it's more about our characters and whether or not they need thermosuits or are those just for people in the organization that fights molyothermia.

Oh. I knew I didn't make that very clear. I did mention that matter in the first tab of the overview (taken from the interest check), but maybe I should also remind about that in the start of the SONS project tab just to make sure it's easier to be found.

And the factions that should care more about the pandemic are AAMO (obviously), and the Raiders, which (ding ding ding) are gonna be the other major faction you can join. I didn't really have time to write more specifically about the factions and some other stuff because school and procrastination.

[QUOTE="Paranoid Android]Oh. I knew I didn't make that very clear. I did mention that matter in the first tab of the overview (taken from the interest check), but maybe I should also remind about that in the start of the SONS project tab just to make sure it's easier to be found.
And the factions that should care more about the pandemic are AAMO (obviously), and the Raiders, which (ding ding ding) are gonna be the other major faction you can join. I didn't really have time to write more specifically about the factions and some other stuff because school and procrastination.

[/QUOTE]
Wait so don't we start off being a member of AAMO already, since we agreed to go into these cryochamber thingies?

Phantasmagoria said:
Wait so don't we start off being a member of AAMO already, since we agreed to go into these cryochamber thingies?
You start working for AAMO, but at some point you can change to Raiders. They also work against the Molythermia, making progress against the disease done by each other useful for both.

Lokipi said:
This seems like one amazing rp. Every single detail has been thought out huh??
Hehe, thanks. Well combat is pretty tricky since math is the most awful piece of shit in the universe, but I don't want everything to be decided by me since I'll feel too bad for people and not let almost anybody die. So I just stole the Damage Threshold from Fallout and will hope I give stuff stats that work.

@Elephantom Your character is nice, just three things:

- The year you were put into cryosleep and the shitstorm started was 1989, as the first tab in the OV says it's been exactly two centuries since you began to freeze, so just edit the bio to say he was born in the late 30s.

- I'm pretty sure I forgot to add this when I posted the thread, but even if your char doesn't have any particular characteristics that aren't in the pic you should give him clothes in the Appearance Description (and since you don't have full resistance to cold you should be wearing something appropriate). The CS you posted is missing the border BB code I forgot to edit until later, so you must've also missed this edit.

- Also... Read the rules. There's something you missed. But everything else is fine.

Ok...

Do I have to add the borders....

It'd generally be hassle. Especially if the BBcodes decide to behave nasty. Thanks for the points.

Elephantom said:
Ok...
Do I have to add the borders....

It'd generally be hassle. Especially if the BBcodes decide to behave nasty. Thanks for the points.
I guess it just would be necessary if the background was missing but if you're OCD like me then go ahead and copy it from the start of the code thing and paste it.

Damn it!

The BBcodes have decided to behave nasty!

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (.A.) (>8U) (BU) (TAT)

Elephantom said:
Damn it!
The BBcodes have decided to behave nasty!

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (.A.) (>8U) (BU) (TAT)
I just noticed I cn edit other people's posts in my thread

hehhehehehe

c:<

:0

Did you save it? If it was just on preview then get it back from Word if you did that (which you prolly didn't), but I guess it should be just a wee little bit work if you copy the code again and ctrl c + ctrl v everything you wrote.

I honestly don't understand why the BB code gods make it so complicated.

Also, I'd recommend you to read at least a bit of every topic of the rules instead of just skim reading through it all. [hipocrisy intensifies]

This is gonna be fun. *grabs popcorn*

Yeah...

I read it...

There was pretty nice trick in the rules...

With executive and HAL and all...

Hehehe...

Don't worry, I've saved a version in googel docs. Which was a beta version but it can still get the job done...

Hey @Paranoid Android, I know the C/S section says that sign ups are closed due to the people in the interest check being enough. So I just want to put my name down on the waiting list if that's alright?

Lokipi said:
Hey @Paranoid Android, I know the C/S section says that sign ups are closed due to the people in the interest check being enough. So I just want to put my name down on the waiting list if that's alright?
Just start making something for when I allow anybody in, as I guess some people who replied to the interest check might end up not joining. I just want to make sure some people who were interested do get a chance to not turn out to be too late (this is one of the other things I didn't really plan well).

Hi, this looks very interesting and well though out, but can I still apply if i didn't post in the interest check?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back