• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Below 40rty [Modern Ice Age RP] [Open]

Paranoid Android

Subterranean Homesick Alien (INFP)
/dee/OS v4.2.7 - 1991 AAMO 04/12/2189 - Sunday Morning 100%

Custom-loader-ABT.gif

[loading . . .]

Party:
  • Adam Poe di Mercurio

90/125 HP / B+ / NA$: 0 / 140.96

• Weapons:

- Custom Colt M1991 + Suppressor [bLT: 10] [MAG: 2/9] [DMG: 18] [sD: 0]

- Old double-barrel shotgun [bLT: 2] [MAG: 3/8] [DMG: 26] [sD: 2]

Armor:

[Long navy blue scarf] [DT: 0] [sD: 0]

[black leather jacket] [DT: 0] [sD: 0]

[DT: 0] [sD: 0] +

[DT: 0] [sD: 0]

[black jeans] [DT: 0] [sD: 0]

[black combat boots] [DT: 0] [sD: 0]

Items:

- None

[DMG] = Damage / [DT] = Damage Threshold / [sD] = Speed drawback / [bLT] = Bullets inside magazine (if ammo counter is attached)/Maximum ammo capacity / [MAG] = Magazines left/Maximum magazine capacity
Molythermia research:
Each symptom is discovered after a certain quantity of research points (RPs) is acquired. Every infected killed adds an RP or more to the total. The list of symptoms and their RP requirements is secret and can’t be seen by the player. More RPs also might make some symptom descriptions more accurate.

- 27,5% infection rate upon bite.

-12% infection rate upon contact with infected blood on open wound (BLD condition).

- Apparition of pink spots across the skin 3 days after infection.

- Apparition of pink ulcers across the skin 5 days after infection.

- Change of pigmentation of eyes to orange/yellow 5 - 6 days after infection.

- Psychotic behavior 5 days - 1 week after infection
Quests:
Valentine’s Day

Priority level: High

Factions: AAMO, Basilisk

Players: All

Info: Retrieve the microfilm containing AAMO’s money from Basilisk’s leader Beatrix Valentine. Her apartment is located in Baltimore Hub, 243 Section 2 Coppola St Apt 4C. Possible firefight with Basilisk gang.

AAMO: Keeping a list of America's population since 1989

Last edited by a moderator:

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Chapter 1: Birth. Location: Baltimore, Marylvania, F.A.F.

Chapter 2: ??? Location: Unknown.

Chapter 3: ???

-part I- Location: Unknown.

-part II- Location: Unknown.

Chapter 4: ??? Location: Unknown.

Chapter 5: ??? Location: Unknown.

This RP has an episodic nature. Each chapter is set in a different location, and the time difference between them may vary from a few days to months. Even though its core plotlines differ from each other, they all follow the course of the SONS project's volunteers quest to fight against Molythermia.

Chapter 1: Birth.

After the Molythermia pandemic, America was split into two - AAMO and Raiders. This marked the beginning of the era called the Ice Age Tension.

Naked Snake - Metal Gear Solid 3 (adapted)

5:47 am, abandoned farm in unknown location in Texas, F.A.F.

The sun started to shine. But that shining of his was a very faint one, as the eternally cloudy weather blocked almost all light. Hail started to fall, making the Doctor have to stare at the long-dead corn being beaten by little stones of ice from the window of his mansion for the 2312nd time. A small truck full of immigrants, apparently carrying an extremely old heater inside, drove over the dead corn, heading far into F.A.F. The Doctor's robotic red eyes, which he always set to a bright light instead of a lower, more comfortable one, observed the Mexican truck, while a rustic but conserved pre-pandemic automatic piano played a haunting tune in the background.

[media]

[/media]
Sitting in a wine-coloured armchair facing the window, he, as always, wore his black fedora, suit and tie, along with a long leather glove on his right hand and a gray scarf covering most of his head. The mansion's thermostat was set to a cold temperature, while still warmer than outside and having all air entrances heated, which explained the scarf. Doctor’s bionic left hand’s skeletal silver fingers continuously tapped the arm of the chair, making a relaxing sound to his ears. His bright red eyes contrasting with the little and straight exposed strip of soft, freckled pale skin gave him a rather unsettling feel. After the car disappeared into the horizon, Doc crossed his legs, and pulled an old card out of his suit's only pocket. Probably pre-pandemic, the business card was in a terrible condition, and the only things that could be seen were a really subtle O or zero, and a small caduceus in the inferior right corner.

A bright red old-styled phone began to rang on a small and round dark brown table next to him. The illusive man slowly let the card slip off his fingers and fall on the table, and picked up the phone.

"Hello."

The AAMO staff on the other end of the line heard the robotic, deep and echoed voice of her boss everybody always heard, oblivious of what his actual one sounded like.

"Um..." She started. "Mr. Doctor. We'd like to inform the first cryopods of the SONS project are ready to be opened. Baltimore's, more exactly. Most subjects aren't ready yet, but all of then will be in some time."

The Doctor began to smile underneath his scarf, and a quiet shy laugh could be heard.

"Mister… Doctor? Can you listen to me? Doc? Are you the-" "Yes, yes. I believe I am here. That’s good. Good."

The man stood up, holding the phone stand with his other hand, and walked to a wooden desk next to his piano.

"Baltimore’s subjects are more important. The others are just propaganda."

Doc let the red phone rest on the table, and his right hand was led to a drawer, opening it and taking away a black Mauser C96, followed by a black sheathed katana with golden details.

"After so many delays, so many failed attempts… It has come. My SONS have come. But… You do know that damn organization didn’t let us program the NSPs to prohibit them from joining the Raiders, right? Damn sellouts. “Human rights”. They just couldn’t look away from the shiny Raider money, and now I can’t stop worrying about my SONS going by that path. But anyway, when will the activation begin?"

"In a few hours. Between 8 and 8:30 am. Some of them might take a little more to be finished, though. I’ll send you an e-mail with a link to the list with the ready subjects."

"Good. Good."

A blip was heard from Doctor’s /dee/vice, and he picked it up. Doc decreased the brightness of his eyes for a second, and the /dee/vice released a thin beam of light to scan them.

ACCESS GRANTED

His hand quickly manipulated the gadget’s switches, buttons and analogue stick.

"The… underline… illu… ctor… order sixty-six. Enter."

Send New Email
New Email Received
AAMO staff
Send New Email
New Email Received

SONS list

The link to the list with the Baltimore SONS volunteers ready for awakening is below:

Below 40rty [Modern Ice Age RP]

The Doctor closed the drawer, putting the katana back inside it, and ended the call. The piano played the last few notes of the music, and began another one.

[media]

[/media]
The C.E.O. proceeded to leave his room, leaving the door open and letting the melody flow through the entire house as he walked down the stairs.

okmdvzza.png

"Phillips!"

A short but erect bald and old man with a white beard suddenly appeared seemingly from nowhere in the kitchen, while the Doctor entered it, the piano tune being vaguely heard in the background. The man, wearing black suit and gloves, walked over to an oven with a plate of spaghetti inside, and pressed a few buttons. The pasta started to spin, while the butler stood next to the oven.

”My sir, Doctor. The spaghetti with tomato and four cheese pasta you requested is almost done. But what kind of person eats-” "Ah! Good, good. Extremely good. The pizza you made me yesterday was wonderful, I have to give you that, Phil."

”I feel honoured. Do you want some wine, Mister Doctor?”

"You do know I don’t like to drink before or while I eat, but yes, let the wine there for after I’m finished with the breakfast and my dessert. Also, take a seat, please. I insist.”

The man sat in a dark wooden chair, as apparently all the other furniture in the mansion were. Phil, charmingly, approached the table with a wine glass and bottle, and laid the glass on it. With his left hand hidden behind his back and the right pouring wine on the glass, the elegance of the scene, softly iluminated by a bronze chandelier, was almost orgasmic to even the richest store owners of the biggest stores in the American Federation. Doctor calmly tapped his bionic fingers on the wooden table, uncaringly, staring at them while the movement of the fingers gradually grew higher, and the sound of the wine flowing down the bottle blended with his distant piano’s continued.

”I’m profoundly sorry, sir, but I can’t just casually take a seat next to the AAMO C.E.O. I just leave that for President Fawke and the alikes.”

"Ah… You all are always like that. 2 centuries. And they all behave like this. I counted. Three times. Three times a butler of mine sat next to me. And two of these involved the same one. Died of leukemia. Poor man. Phillips… The reason you were chosen to be my personal butler for these two months is because you are reliable. You are an AAMO major. That’s one of the highest ranks. You’ve fought in the 2147 New Boston Civil War. You can sit beside me, may I inform you that.”

”I’m sorry. I just can’t. Oh, the pasta is ready.”

Phil took a plate of spaghetti, a half covered by tomato sauce, the other by cheese. He gently laid down the meal in front of the Doctor, who slightly lowered down his scarf, and started to frenetically eat the food.

"Italian food. My favourite. I love you, Phillips.” He said as his unusual and peculiar lips were drowned in a mixture of tomato and cheese and his hard teeth chewed the Italian recipe. The butler raised an eyebrown and a fairly disgusted expression, looking at his boss eating.

”Amazing, amazing. Wonderful, indeed.” Said Doc as he cleaned his mouth with a napkin after finishing his breakfast, and put his scarf back in the previous place. ”Tomorrow is your last day here. I hope this “Robert” isn’t as bad as the one before you. What are you doing for me as a farewell?”

”Codfish cakes… Followed by four cheese gnochii. Yes, codfish cakes and gnocchi.”

”Codfish! You always surprise me, Phil! You should serve me another time!”

Phil looked at Doc with a sorrowed look in his eyes.
”Yes… If you say so. But all that frozen wasteland… The people there. Sometimes I feel bad for them.”

”Yes, yes. But the shithole was always there. It only got worse after Molythermia. Texas used to be the America of America. Such patriotism… And now look at the shithole we’re at. But this is not true. Texas was never good. This planet was never good. These ice zombies just ruined it even more. Just half an hour ago there were some illegal immigrants passing close by, escaping from the communist shithole their country is. Soon, they will realize they are dying. Then they will all be dead the moment they realize. Some things never change.”

”I know, but… The temperature in most places out there is minus forty. I don’t see how you could compare the old situation of America to a place below forty.”

*ding*

”Oh, the dessert is ready.”

”Wonderful. What is it today?”

”German cake with dark chocolate topping.”

”Good, good. I love german cake with dark chocolate topping.”

IIHshzM.jpg

xkbfNvm.jpg

divider.jpg

Adam's eyes opened. His vision was blurry, and he couldn’t see anything 2 inches or more away from his face. His whole body still was shaking from the extreme cold of the pod, and as his audition slowly came back he could hear a distant jazz song.

[media]

[/media]
Poe drove his left hand to his face, and gently rubbed his eyes. His hearing gradually got better, and the song grew louder. Out of nowhere, a recorded message of a really happy-sounding man started playing.

”Hello, cryochamber dweller! It has been exactly 200 years since you’ve been put in cryostasis! Please, get out of your cryopod, open the box with your clothes next to you, and walk to the terminal in the far end of the room! There, just place your hand on the screen for one second, and it will scan it, giving you a handgun you’ve chosen with one attachment, packages of liquid nutritional supplement, some info about the Molythermia, to keep your memory fresh, and a /dee/vice, which is a portable device with many useful functionalities!”

Adam could swear he almost vomited after hearing the happiness of the man. Luckily for him, the song abruptly stopped. He looked at all the burn scars around his left arm. He couldn’t forget it. The SWAT incident. The traitor. The damn gangster. After all those years, these feelings kept revolving in his mind. Mercury stopped. 200 years. It was supposed to be 50. Something obviously had happened. But nevertheless, still very weak and with bad vision, he sustained the weight of his body on his arms, and manage to sit down. As his seeing began to clear, he could see the small bedroom. A regular bedroom. Different from all the other CCs, except for #02, #03 and a few others, #01 was just a plain set of apartments. Mercury swept all the electrodes off his chest, and jumped out of the cryopod.

He fell flat on the floor, his legs still stuck in the pod. As Adam looked at his body, wearing only a white piece of cloth, as underwear, he noticed and remembered his exoskeleton was taken away for the cryogenic stasis. He crawled to a table the other side of the room, and painfully grabbed a metallic box on the top of it. Mercury opened it, revealing his exoskeleton wrapped inside some paper, with a new and shiny paint job. As he placed them where they belonged, he wondered why AAMO couldn’t give him new functioning natural legs. Didn’t they have the technology for it? Or were they just saving money so they didn’t have to give new limbs to everybody with prosthetic ones? Also inside the box, his clothes from before the cryosleep were there. He stood up, and soon he was wearing his usual winter outfit, with a leather jacket, jeans and boots, a long scarf and a black glove on his right hand. He wrapped bandage around his burnt arm, as always. Poe walked over to the reinforced window, only to see a devasted, snowy city, even worse than before. He sighed, and a small tear dropped from the corner of his eye. Adam violently punched it with his bandaged arm, doing absolutely nothing to the panel of glass.

Adam walked across the room, thinking about the incident where he lost the movement of his legs. As he found the console he was supposed to put his hand on, he took off hs glove, and laid it down on the screen. A robotic female voice began to talk.

”... may God be with you all.”

As soon as the message finished, a stick popped out below the screem, and Adam pulled it. He saw himself with a device he’d never seen before. On the sides, it was written “/dee/vice” and “USE THE MINI-GRAPPLER TO ATTACH THE /d/v TO YOUR WAIST FOR BETTER SPACIAL DETECTION”. Adam pulled a small grappling hook from the other side, and put it on his belt. He took it away and pressed the power button. A subtle ray of blue light scanned his eyes, and a holographic screen appeared in front of him. After reading all the info and learning about the world he was in a little, he turned the /dee/vice off, and attached it back to his belt.

Afterwards, a Colt M1991 popped out of another hole, next to the /d/v’s. He pulled the gun, and saw it was suppressed: The pistol he asked for. Two magazines with 10 bullets each came out through the same way. He picked then up, loaded the weapon, and put the other mag on his belt. He noticed something: The mags were supposed to only have 10 bullets, and his Colt was weighing lighter than the normal. Adam assumed all pistols and revolvers led to SONS operatives were made of the same, cheaper material, and the magazine was set to a default number of bullets for all. Or maybe the actual gun was just modified in all those 200 years. A ‘blip’ along with a robotic female voice came from the /dee/vice.

”.New item acquired.”

Mercury pulled his /d/v once again, and in the opening menu he saw a new item.

AAMO customized Colt M1991 + suppressor [DMG: 18] [sD: 0]

So AAMO did customize the weapon, besides his chosen attachment. Adam grappled his /dee/vice to his waist once again, and, with pistol in hand, opened the door, not before grabbing the supplement plastic packages and meditating for a few 2 or 3 minutes. The hallway still felt like a normal building, and staircases led up and down. He remembered his floor was just above the last normal one, and walked downstairs. As he approached, the already familiar airlock door scanned his eyes, and opened. Adam walked inside, and the door behind him was shut. An extremely hot heatwave was released, and the other door opened. He stepped out of it.

*clank*

The door closed, and Mercury found himself facing a destroyed staircase, covered in snow and ice. He turned to the right, and saw a frozen hallway. Standing next to the elevator pit without its door, an idle pink and horrend being looked the other way. Mercury was sure this was his first infected. He slowly walked towards the aberration, stealthly. Suddenly, his light, but no so light, exoskeleton stepped on ice, breaking it and making a noise. The infected turned over only to see Adam, and ran at his direction. He shot at him, but the bullet flew distant from the mostruous being with several anomalies on his face. The infected kept approaching, and Mercury shot again, missing again. The thing headbutted Mercury’s stomach, who ran to the broken elevator, receiving a scratch on his back from the infected. As it charged on him, Adam jumped at the idle partially frozen elevator just a little below, breaking through its roof, and falling down.

• R1 -

Percy opened his eyes in a panic, almost forgetting where he was. Slowly he started to remember and realize what was happening and where he was. He sighed and said “Shit! It’s so cold In here.” He body was shivering from the coldness of the pod. On top of that his vision was still blurry from just waking up from such a deep sleep. That when he started to hear a happy jazz song and he smiled.

”Hello, cryochamber dweller! It has been exactly 200 years since you’ve been put in cryostasis! Please, get out of your cryopod, open the box with your clothes next to you, and walk to the terminal in the far end of the room! There, just place your hand on the screen for one second, and it will scan it, giving you a handgun you’ve chosen with one attachment, packages of liquid nutritional supplement, some info about the Molythermia, to keep your memory fresh, and a /dee/vice, which is a portable device with many useful functionalities!”

Percy frowned at the message and couldn’t help but wonder why he been keep on ice for 200 years instead of 50. Either way he couldn’t dwell on the thought. He needed to get out of this pod and get dress because he was freezing his butt off. He opened the pod door and unhooked himself from the wired attached to him. He stepped out of the pod and gave a nice stretch, cracking his back. He looked around the room and wasn’t very impressed with it. he looked at his hands and sighed. “Looks like I still have my scar burns.”

He made his way over to wear his clothes were waiting for him and smiled. “Finally going to be decent!” he laughed at his own comment. He made his over to the item that contained his clothing and opened it. he the processed to put on his clothes which were; a plain grey shirt with black cargo pants. He also put on a black checkered over coat and a messenger bag. Then he saw something shiny and smiled it was his ear stud. He popped in back into his ear after having some trouble. That when he walked over to the console and place his hand on it.

As soon as the message finished, a stick popped out below the screem, and he pulled it. He saw himself with a device he’d never seen before. On the sides, it was written “/dee/vice” and “USE THE MINI-GRAPPLER TO ATTACH THE /d/v TO YOUR WAIST FOR BETTER SPACIAL DETECTION”. he pulled a small grappling hook from the other side, and put it on his belt. He took it away and pressed the power button. A subtle ray of blue light scanned his eyes, and a holographic screen appeared in front of him. After reading all the info and learning about the world he was in a little, he turned the /dee/vice off, and attached it back to his belt.

Afterwards, a Beretta 92 popped out of another hole, next to the /d/v’s. He grabs them and looked at it. He was asked what kind of weapon he wanted and he said since he was an explosive expert that some kind of explosive would be best. Seem like they didn’t agree. Although the gun seems lighter. A ‘blip’ along with a robotic female voice came from the /dee/vice.

”.New item acquired.”

He pulled his /d/v once again, and in the opening menu he saw a new item.

AAMO customized Beretta 92 [DMG: 18] [sD: 0]

He smiled and made his way towards the exit.

Sierra Wolfe
As Sierra began to rise from the bliss of unconsciousness, she yawned and stretched her arms and legs. She felt strangely well-rested. Dang it I'm late! she thought, flinging her eyelids open and attempting to hurl herself out of bed. Then suddenly she took in everything her eyes were seeing, and she, still half-way sitting up, stared around at the unfamiliar surroundings, hearing a strange music, until the memory came back to her. "So this is the 21st century..." she whispered.

A pre-recorded message started playing from a speaker somewhere, and she listened attentively, bringing her hands up to- oh, right. After rubbing one eye with her hand, she shifted it over and rubbed the other one.

"Huh?!"

According to the man's voice she was hearing, and her quick mental math, she was actually sometime in the late 2100s.

"No no no... that's not how long they told me!" she said, tearing away the cords that were attached to her chest.

She leaped out of the cryochamber and began to pace around the room. She took notice of the fact that she was immodestly dressed, but she decided to ignore that for now. "But... I can't be this far in the future! That guy must've misread it. Or I must've heard wrong," she said, nodding her head in reassurance. "Yup. It's one of them."

Having calmed down a bit, she took a deep breath and finally she decided that perhaps she should put some clothes on. She went over and opened the box containing her clothes. They were in just the same condition as when she had taken them off all those decades ago. While putting her outfit on, she noticed that there was a second box, a little to the side of the first one. Once she had gotten fully dressed, and finished adjusting her hat snugly over her ears, she opened up the box to reveal a shiny metal arm, and her eyes lit up. "This is
sick. Just like Schwarzenegger," she said, although the arm's design was a bit different than how the mechanical arms looked like in the Terminator movie.

After a few minutes she managed to attach the device to her shoulder, and she bent and unbent the elbow, clenched and unclenched the fist, testing its motion. When she was finally done admiring her new arm, she noticed a console on the other side of the room, and she walked over to it and placed her hand on the scanner. She retrieved her /D/vice and her 1911 .45 ACP, which was outfitted with a laser sight, and attached the gear to her clothing.

Then she faced the exit, feeling a trepidation in her stomach. She gazed upwards, and above the doorway she saw a slightly tattered US flag on the wall. She placed her biological hand over her heart. "To my country," she whispered. Patriotism and pride swelling within her, she walked forward with a newfound determination, the familiar click of her cowboy boots against the floor further boosting her confidence in this strange future.

xkbfNvm.jpg

divider.jpg

“Fuck. Fuck.”

Adam got up, and he heard a ‘squish’. Looking below his body, one of the IV bags with nutritional supplement were squeezed by the fall, and the liquid spread all over the broken elevator covered in snow. Poe reached it with his tongue, licking the substance.

“This… This tastes like shit!”

Adam got up, grabbed his pistol, and looked at the plastic bag. Synthetic chocolate flavour. With this spelling, Adam thought, it could’ve only been imported from the brits long before the present and kept until today. Adam didn’t like anything from Britain.

As he left the elevator, Mercury saw the building’s garage. He must’ve fallen from one elevator to another, or he wouldn’t be able to survive the fall from the 2nd highest floor to the garage. Mercury was shaking from the cold, despite his enhancements to support extreme temperatures. Almost all the few cars scattered around the place were compleltely submerged in snow and ice, and nearby an exit sign a few cars away from him, flickering lights, two infected talked to each other.

“Um….. Grhghghr…”

“Rshwwrrrrr… A… A human! What’s a human doing… Here?”

The infected look at the long-retired cop, holding his 1911. One of them held a wood stick, originated from a broken shovel, and the other only had his bare hands. The one holding the stick stepped to the front, and bravely shouted:

“The… The SONS! I heard the… Intelligents ones ramblin’ about those. They don’t know about us! We can take them!”

He charged at Adam’s direction, improvised club in hand, while the other observed. Mercury shot his handgun twice at the freak, missing both times.

“What the…?”

As the thing prepared his deadly wooden weapon, Adam shot once again at his chest, and the bullet hit it, after almost going straight past the infected. He flinched, but the wooden body of the broken shovel hit Adam’s arm relatively hard, who, in an attempt to strike back, punched the opponent’s head, merely giving him a scratch. The infected grabbed Mercury by his neck, reluntantly fighting to escape, and threw him to a car. Adam quickly drew his pistol and pulled the trigger, almost killing the infected man, but not about yet. He striked Mercury with the shovel again, but the attack was followed by a fatal bullet to the place where the heart once belonged to, and he fell to the cold floor. Dead.

Wounded, Adam looked at the remaining “zombie”.

“Gonna follow your instincts and attack me?”

The common stared at the man standing next to his dead disease-brother, coldly. He ran, as the previous one, but different from the previous, both bullets hit his chest hard, who magestically flew to the frozen ground of the garage.

“This wasn’t as hard as I thought.”

Mercury, wounded and tired, walked away from the garage, and the first rays of sunlight almost damaged his eyes. This… Was it. The Star Dust Building’s entrance’s garden was substitued by piles of snow, as expected. His hands timidly slipped into his pockets, and he walked around the area, looking around. As he approached the small building the doorman used to stay in, he picked up a newspaper on the desk.

The Baltimore Times

August 19th, 1989.

The spreading Molythermia pandemic is devasting the city of Baltimore, and its effects can't just be unseen. Internet and TV signal, telephone lines and electricity are all almost completely down. The infected act without remorse, killing human beings as if they didn't use to be one themselves, and the temperature makes all human activity almost impossible. Specialists say that by January or February of 2190 the disease should be totally over the globe. We can only hope for the best in times like this.

Cities__003577_.jpg

Adam threw the paper back to where it was, and opened a suspicious drawer. An old and simple double-barrel shotgun, conserved from the outside’s situation thanks to the drawer. Quickly checking the shotgun’s ammunition, Adam saw both bullets were loaded. In the drawer, nearby the place where the weapon was, a small ammo box stood still, containing 4 shotgun shells. He stored them between his waist and belt, injected a syringe apparently containing life medicine, and walked out of Star Dust. Facing the frozen river, the /dee/vice repeatedly started to beep for all awake SONS. The call immediately started for the three of them, and the blue hologram of a man wearing a fedora sitting in the air appeared in front of them. The corner read “Participants: @the_illusive_doctor,
@Paranoid Android, @Phantasmagoria, @loyalwolf ”, below with coordinates that didn’t stop changing, and even more below, the words “/dee/holocall BETA 0.21”.

The Doctor’s eyes were set to the lowest brightness, but in the hologram it seemed they were brighter than usual. His image lagged and glitched around, and the Doctor began to talk:

Yes, Phil. A little more to the right. Good! Good! The scanner is well-placed now. This piece of shit certainly isn’t practical.

He turned his head from Phillips to the three profile icons his /dee/vice’s hologram showed, in the same direction as the metallic device that released a subtle blue beam of light all over him a few more meters away, giving the impressions that he looked at his SONS.

“Hello. I’m glad to meet you. I’m the C.E.O. of AAMO. The only things I can tell you about me for now are: I’m about the same age as you three, and all the other subjects. My lineage has a bigger presence of Inconnus than the average’s, giving me an advanced intellect, all humilty aside. And, of course, I’m in the head of the SONS project. I’m your Father.”

• R1: I-23

Sierra Wolfe
Sierra undid the latch and pushed on the door, but it barely budged. She pushed with her shoulder, putting as much weight on it as she could. On her face she felt a gust of chilling air come through the slowly-widening crack in the door. Gradually it opened enough for her to fit through, and she stepped out of the room into a larger area. She looked around, wondering if her brother had awoken too, but there was no one. As she was scanning around for stairs to perhaps inspect the other levels of the monument, she heard a beeping coming from her hip. She grabbed her /d/v, and suddenly a translucent blue man appeared before her. She read the participant list that was on the /d/v's screen, but she didn't spot her brother's codename on there.

The man spoke to them. “Hello. I’m glad to meet you. I’m the C.E.O. of AAMO. The only things I can tell you about me for now are: I’m about the same age as you three, and all the other subjects. My lineage has a bigger presence of Inconnus than the average’s, giving me an advanced intellect, all humilty aside. And, of course, I’m in the head of the SONS project. I’m your Father.”

Sierra's interest peaked at the words "Inconnus" and "advanced intellect", and she wanted to investigate how exactly this came to be, but she decided that perhaps it'd be better if she waited to question him about it until later. "So, 'Father'... what's our mission?"

Participants:

@the_illusive_man

@Paranoid Android

@Phantasmagoria

@loyalwolf

Host’s coordinates: UNKNOWN

/dee/holocall BETA 0.21

The Doctor crossed his legs, and grabbed a long small box, opening it.

”I think today I’ll go with… Cigarettes. Today I’ll go with cigarettes.”

He picked up a cigarette from the box, and closed it.Doc pulled his robotic hand, and half of the fingers moved to a side, while the other half moved to the other. A thin barrel came up, and brief flames lit the cigarette. The hand’s flamethrower retracted itself back to its original state, and the Doctor continued.

”Well… In your map. In the /dee/vice. You need to go to the Baltimore Hub. It is located entirely underground, accessible only by a large elevator protected by an airlock. If you have read all the tabs in your /d/v, you must know there is a mafia gang named Basilisk, and almost two centuries ago we, AAMO, had to give them money to get the ROMAN system for us. It exists to this day: About 740,000 New Age Dollars, adjusted to inflation. It was 210,000 back then That’s how bad things are. We want you to take the microfilm containg the money from that Valentine bitch back to us. Adam and Sierra, you just need to go southwest. Ren... Northeast of you there’s Bill’s General Store, the biggest shop there in Baltimore. He doesn’t work at Sundays, but he went there just today as a sort of “commemoration” for the SONS awakening. If you go there, he’ll happily take a SONS with his Attack Thermoarmor to the Hub. Just keep in mind that in your way to the store, in the eastern section of the park you’re located in, there’s an… Intelligent Infected’s, or Molykin’s, village/ Around the abandoned CC there. They’re as advanced as indians, I assume you still remember those, but take care, anyway. Good luck.”

The glitchy tridimensional image of the AAMO’s C.E.O. disapparead, and Adam could only think about one thing: Did he mention Sierra?

Sierra Wolfe
Another Adam? Sierra thought, and she was reminded of her old friend. What a shame that he had to leave this world like that.

She wondered if perhaps her parents were still alive.
It's possible, but... I shouldn't assume. I'll only be disappointe- wait. The Mr. CEO guy also said 200 years, didn't he?

She quickly checked the info tab on her /dee/vice, and sure enough, it had indeed been 200 years that she was frozen, not 50. "Oh..." She put her palm to her face.

8:32 am, nearby Vault 776's door in Baltimore, F.A.F. @Phantasmagoria

Sierra walked for a while to south. The streets semmed to be calm, and not an infected in sight, at least not hers. She approached a large power plant-like building, with leds wrapped all around its structure. More to the west, she could hear a few gunfires echoing through the frozen scenario. Suddenly, she heard a sound coming from her /dee/vice.

[CALL]

xkbfNvm.jpg

divider.jpg

Adam walked. The crackling of the ice covering the sidewalk could be heard by his ears, which were not particularly paying attention to it. He thought more about Sierra's name, and decided to check his /d/v. Turning it on, the tab saying "Party" listed nearby SONS. Adam Poe. Percy Ren. Sierra Wolfe. Adam began to sweat despite being shaking from the low temperature even with his body modifications, and pressed the "quick call" button. The holographic projection shrinked to a minimal size, showing only Sierra's avatar with a blonde Japanese animation girl and bars registering the loudness of the speaker.

"Um... H... i?"

---

@Phantasmagoria

Sierra Wolfe

"Hm?"

Sierra held up her d/v/ and looked at the screen.

[
Incoming call from @Paranoid Android]

I bet that's the Adam guy saying he's there already, she thought. She picked up her pace as she hit "Answer". And that's when she heard a tentative yet strangely familiar voice: "Um... H... i?"

Sierra halted mid-stride, almost slipping on a patch of ice before managing to regain her balance. "Is that-" Her breath caught in her throat. "It can't be..." A thousand thoughts sped through her head. How could this have happened? Did he really survive? Or had AAMO, with all that gene technology, been performing twisted experiments to bring the dead back to life? Her breath was shuttering. "Mercury?"

xkbfNvm.jpg

divider.jpg

Adam’s hands were shaking a bit. His walking speed slowed down even more, and he eventually stopped.

”You… You are alive?!”

Adam grappled the /dee/vice back to his belt, and continued to walk, slowly. He pressed the “send radio signal” button again. Mercury walked through the frozen ground, completely vulnerable to any infected out in the wasteland. He saw a shiny object in the ground, and crouched to see it better. Wiping the snow off with his hand, he realized it was a broken “MEC” Thermohelmet, with a big crack across its metallic surface, and a large part of it missing. The multiple circles of glass were spread across the helmet, now lifeless and without any functionality.

”I… I survived the fall. I got paraplegic, but I have an exoskeleton now. I moved back to Italy sometime afterwards… But, I-I lost all contact from you! Didn’t that fucking I'm uncultured kill you in the station?”

---

@Phantasmagoria

”Well… In your map. In the /dee/vice. You need to go to the Baltimore Hub. It is located entirely underground, accessible only by a large elevator protected by an airlock. If you have read all the tabs in your /d/v, you must know there is a mafia gang named Basilisk, and almost two centuries ago we, AAMO, had to give them money to get the ROMAN system for us. It exists to this day: About 740,000 New Age Dollars, adjusted to inflation. It was 210,000 back then That’s how bad things are. We want you to take the microfilm containg the money from that Valentine bitch back to us. Adam and Sierra, you just need to go southwest. Ren... Northeast of you there’s Bill’s General Store, the biggest shop there in Baltimore. He doesn’t work at Sundays, but he went there just today as a sort of “commemoration” for the SONS awakening. If you go there, he’ll happily take a SONS with his Attack Thermoarmor to the Hub. Just keep in mind that in your way to the store, in the eastern section of the park you’re located in, there’s an… Intelligent Infected’s, or Molykin’s, village/ Around the abandoned CC there. They’re as advanced as indians, I assume you still remember those, but take care, anyway. Good luck.”

Percy made sure to memorize the instructions give to him the best he could. So I'm not the only one who has awaken. i wonder what the other to people are like. he made hi way out of the building near the park that the Man mentioned. he looked around the area and figure he should be as quit as possible in order to avoid the Infected. this wasn't what he expected when he first woke up. he was hoping a team would be waiting for him to escort him to his destination. he sighed and figured it would be best if he get in contact with the other SONS. he pressed the call button and wait for an answer. he made sure to say hidden behind a tree and to stay as quit as possible. he waited for one of the two others to answer. he really hoped he didn't come into contact with hat village the Guy mentioned. @Paranoid Android @Phantasmagoria

Sierra Wolfe
Sierra blankly stared at a chunk of snow a few yards in front of her, marveling at the fact that she was hearing a voice she thought she'd never hear again. "Somehow I survived too! Although my face looks like it was mangled by a badger. And I have a metal arm now. "

As she'd become conscious of said metal arm again, she flexed and bent her mechanical fingers. Having recovered well enough from the joyous shock at this point, she continued walking in the direction of her destination, thinking that perhaps being in this frozen wasteland wasn't going to be so lonesome after all.

A round of beeping pierced through her thoughts, and she realized that it was the other SON calling, codenamed "
@loyalwolf". "We're gonna catch up on things once we meet up, Adam," she said.

In regards to the new caller, she figured it'd be better if she was aware of his actual full name, so she quickly checked it in the Party section before answering the call. "Mr. Ren? Hello."

As Sierra continued to get closer to the strange building, she cast her gaze about, on the lookout for any suspicious persons. She wondered what exactly they were supposed to do at this hub place and if they were going to have to take on any Basilisk gang members here.

Nearby Power Plant Casino, Baltimore, F.A.F. @Phatasmagoria

Sierra approached a big power plant building, full of inactive LEDs wrapped around its structure. Two persons, wearing “Worker Ant” thermoarmors, were chit-chatting outside the building. One of them held a Thompson submachine gun, and the other an apparent double-barrel generic shotgun. Though Wolfe couldn’t hear what they babbled about, a brief shining light appeared and vanished on the top of the casino.

okmdvzza.png

Molykin tribe entrance, Baltimore, F.A.F. @loyalwolf

Ren tried to go unnoticed through the bizarre conical building made of a strange grey stone-like material in the direction of a dead tree, but a large arrow landed on the ice in front of him before he could even answer Wolfe.

”Stop right there, clear-skin!”

A horrible-looking man with dark pink skin and wearing ragged clothes slowly walked to Percy, pointing a crossbow at him, whose only intelligent option was to stand by. The infected stopped, and moved his deformed hand around Percy’s face, slowly waving it.

”This mark… We know it. You… Anti-Molythermia sent you, didn’t they? The elder told us they would. The Äerd’ Alqalua told her that. Here, here. I can guide you to our home. If you dare hurt one of us, the comeback will be too strong for your weak weapon to combat.”

The Molykin walked back to the strange cone-shaped pyramid, and opened an old wooden door. Percy couldn’t see clearly into it, but he could see two other infected glancing at the rarely opened door.

[Note: Not wanting to be annoying or anything, but you should try to improve your grammar a little bit. Just capitalizing words correctly and putting quotation marks on dialogue (this REALLY helps), plus a tip: replacing “he” for your character’s name or something like “the man” sometimes to avoid repetition also helps. :) This is a Detailed RP and fairly decent grammar is stated in the rules so it should be expected. Again, not wanting to sound like an ass or anything, just giving out a heads up.]

proxy.php

Percy was taken aback by the disfigured guy. On top of that, the guy almost killed him with an arrow. Percy was in shock and completely forgotten about calling the two other members, including Wolfe's answering his call. So this is what an infected looked liked? Ren felt bad for the guy, but also wasn't sure if he could trust The Infected. Too bad he didn't seem to have much of an option, consider the guy could of killed him. "Alright Buddy I'll fallow you and promise not to hurt any of you guys. Just as long as you promise me protection as well, Big Guy.""

He followed right behind the Infected person, but made sure to keep his guard up. "I see you got yourself some friends, Bud. Considering you asked me to not hurt them. So out of curiosity, what do they call you, my friend?" Percy said it with a very warm and caring tone. He wanted to come off as friendly as possible, but also he wants to keep himself calm. "Anyway, my name is Percy Ren, but my friends and Co-workers use to call me Smoke." Percy gave the guy a big smile and a thumbs up. He wondered where they were going. Percy remembered The Docter says to avoid these people, but at the same time Percy wasn't sure what to make of The Docter. He kind of came off like a nut-job, with just a little too much power. @Paranoid Android (Sorry i'll keep that in mind. to be fair i was trying to knock out those posts fast because i felt behind.)​

Molykin tribe building, Baltimore, F.A.F. @loyalwolf

Entering the pyramid, - which, for some reason, only had a floor despite its tall height - Percy felt the atmosphere getting even colder due to all the infected nearby, and the door behind him shut. The (presumed) molykin folk observed the clear-skin as he walked inside their home. Some other infected, probably non-intelligent variations, were kept in rustic cages, made of the same material as the roofless pyramid. Drops of some kind of liquid dripped a few off the pyramid's walls every once in a while. A molykin holding a spear and a chain, which led to a collar around a spitter’s neck. The infected spat repeatedly on a slightly broken wall section. The molykin placed some kind of patch on it to prevent the acid from flowing inside the small village, and put a completely covered muzzle on the spitter’s mouth, leading him back to his cage.

”My name doesn’t matter. I’m just guiding you to our elder.”

The infected glanced at Ren.

”Do you think I’m supposed to get intimate with you?.”

As Percy gave him a thumbs up anyway, the other tribemen, except for the guards, holding spears and crossbows, made a disgusted expression, and one shouted:

”The clear-skin now wants to offend our authorities! Kill the desgraced human!”

He rushed at Percy, but another guard bashed on him with his spear.

”Get out of my way!”

The furious infected drew a small dagger-like weapon, but the spear pierced trough his chest, and the molykin fell dead on the snow. Ren stopped. His guide stopped. Everybody in the village stopped.

”You’ve heard the Musta-Gelen! Our code! The elder doesn’t want anybody to kill the immune humans! Let then proceed.”

The tribemen all went back to their activies, except for the few who still whispered about the SON’s presence, as he arrived on a cryochamber like his full of paintings on its metallic walls and a broken airlock.

”The elder’s guard is awaiting you there. He’ll guide you from now on.”

The dark-skinned guard walked away, and another, bulkier, one awaited for Percy to take him below the staircase to the room with non-functioning cryogenic pods and their elder.

Sierra Wolfe
Percy seemed to be busy at the moment, so she shrugged and put her /d/v away. Then she turned her attention to the two men in armor standing outside the building. They must've been affiliated with the gang, and she looked at them with disgust. She decided that for now it'd be best if she avoided these undesirables completely. She went back to the nearest intersection and turned into a side street, walking along it until she found a road going parallel to her original one. She turned onto it, feeling more comfortable now that there was a row of buildings between her and the casino. Once she reached the end of the block, she attempted to peer at the casino front once again, but there wasn't a great view of it from here. Then she glanced behind her, and noticed a distinct trail of footprints in the snow. She hoped that she hadn't caught the men's attention, and if she did, that they hadn't decided to follow her trail.

She continued walking for a while, a bit quicker now, carefully listening for any threats in her path. The bottoms of her feet began to complain, but she wanted to reach this hub as soon as possible, so she kept going.

Nearby Power Plant Casino (Basilisk), Baltimore, F.A.F. @Phantasmagoria

Sierra kept going, unaware of the sniper threat. She was distant, but the hidden sniper on the top of the casino managed to shoot her leg, making her fall behind a long-broken truck. She was now hidden from the sniper gangster, but the shot probably had alerted the two guards below, becoming a potential danger to Wolfe, whose pistol wasn't enough against two thermoarmors and more advanced weaponry.

• R1 - Basilisk Sniper: Shot Sierra = 12 damage

proxy.php

Percy looked around as he felt a chill run through his body. These Infected people seem to be walking ice cubes. Ren couldn't help but be shaken by the fact that the doors closed on him. That means if he had to get out of here, he wasn't going to get out through the front door. He looked around and saw the different types of infected. There were cages for some and others kept on leashes. He couldn’t help but feel bad for them.

The one infected that was leading him replied to his question by stating “My name doesn’t matter. I’m just guiding you to our elder.” Ren couldn't help but think how being polite must have died with civilization. The infected, then continued to state” Do you think I’m supposed to get intimate with you?” Percy didn't answer, he just sighed and couldn't help but miss people who would show some kind of respect.

That is when an Infected nearly tried to kill him because of his thumb up. Whatever happened to the world when he fell asleep seemed to have drastically changed the way people reacted to common courtesy.

Ren couldn't help but feel like a complete outside in this place. These people have their own culture and way of life. They are making the best of their situation and seem to be holding their society together nicely. He couldn't help but respect them for that and be very impressed with their way of life. He went with the guard to meet the elder and was ready to hopefully have a pleasant conversation. Percy knew he could not take on these many infected with the weapon he had current. He just hoped that the elder would be willing to talk civilized. Looks like he is going to have to put on his charm and people skills to the test.​

@Paranoid Android

Stephen Goodrich

Under the blinding light of his pod, Stephen finally cracked open his eyes for the first time in two centuries. He flinched at first, naturally, and raised both his hands in an attempt to block the beams of energy clouding his vision but his eyes were only met with one, lone hand. His initial thought was fear.
Where was his hand? What is this pod? Why is it so bright?

All of the panic dissipated quickly enough for his brain had finally truly kicked into gear, his memories returned to him, and he was greeted by an electronic voice.

It was at this time, with a hiss and whir of electronics freeing him from his icy prison, that Stephen escaped the pod by hopping on his one leg and holding onto the miscellaneous controls for his pod which led him to the table a very plain metal box lied on. He shivered, naked, in that naked room as he fumbled with the hatch that locked him from his valuable clothing. Much like everyone else that entered a pod, they were only given a simple cloth to cover themselves with and even with the genetic modifications, he could barely handle the cold. The chest he opened contained his t-shirt and jeans, along with a pair of undergarments and his boots for when he finally exited stasis. Even more important, underneath the clothing, he found his prosthetic limbs which he earnestly donned. During his dressing period, he had time to think about his circumstance.

200 years? That is a lot longer than initially planned... My parents, my comrades... they are all dead.

The thought of it forced him to tears, but as much as he wanted to cry, he understood the sacrifice he was making by entering the pod. After all--technology is not to be trusted. His thoughts and grieving was interrupted by the electronic voice again.

A reminder message. He guesses that he is taking too long.

Getting used to his prosthetic again, he stumbles to the terminal and places his white-knuckled cold hand over the identification device. With a confirmation ping, the terminal produces the /dee/vice and a beautiful chrome plated revolver. When he lifted it from its holster, he saw the engraving on the side which simply stated ".45 Long/.410 Revolver" and underneath the sleek black holster was the ammunition to such a powerful weapon. He donned the holster, the ammunition, and his /dee/vice which promptly stated:

".New Item Acquired."

He nodded to himself and flicked off the /d/vice, glancing one last time around his home for the past 200 years. He stumbled to the door and upon opening it was met with a cool blast of air as the wall that separated the hallway of his room was blown out. Odd. But he decided to take the more scenic route and test his prosthetic by climbing down the rubble of the wall leading to the ground floor.

9:01 am, Cryochamber 50 lower floor (Mj’sec tribe), Baltimore, F.A.F. @loyalwolf

The bulky infected took Percy downstairs, to the cryopod room, only having a dim light. The guard walked back to his position, and an infected was in the middle of the room, sitting down and wearing a ragged robe while holding a tall wooden staff with the upper half of a broken human skull on the top. Cryopods, broken, were spread through the room, two of them open and with skeletons lying inside or next to them.

”Come here, my dear.”

Percy approached the elder, after hearing her old feminine voice telling him to. He sat down, and the infected carefully touched his forehead, feeling the hexagonal mark, as a large anomaly on her face didn’t enable her to see. She started smiling.

”You have come. You all have. You may be a threat to us, - our Mj’sec tribe, the Moonage Daydream idiots, even the primitive infect - but we can also use you.”

The elder picked a wooden cup up, and mixed lots of different ingredients with a small stick made of wood. Ren could identify things such as salt, meat and cinnamon, but there were also lots of things he couldn’t figure out the identity. Paintings with vibrants colours were all over the walls, representing which appeared to be the Moon.

”The… Äerd’ Alqalua-Jurea. Powerful alchemy.”

The molykin grabbed two nuts, engulfed them in the drink, and put them back on the floor. With a round rock full of small holes on her necklace, she scratched the cup, making an X symbol.

”Drink this. Drink this and have the power of Äerd. For a few minutes, that is, you’ll have the strength of two of you.”

She covered the cup with her pink hand, and grinned. Some of her dirthy teeth weren’t attached to the gum anymore, only being held by a disgusting pink substance.

”But… I have a condition. If you drink the Jurea you’ll have to do it, or we’ll hunt you down.”

The elder climbed the staff, her leg-less body clearly seen now. As she stood on the top of it, she whispered the words:

”I can’t tell you the details here, but go to the CC 14, to the… northeast of here. There, a fellow tribeman will explain you everything. He stands by the airlock. If you do not wish to, walk away from here without the Jurea.”

proxy.php

Cryochamber 22 exterior, Baltimore, F.A.F. @SSgt Goodrich

Stephen landed safely on the ground below the rubble, and two persons wearing Thermoarmors - Queen and Worker Ant - pointed their assault rifles at him. Afterwards, they lowered them, and Goodrich glanced at the AAMO logo on their armors.

”A SON, good.” Said the man with the QA Thermoarmor. ”Name’s Ryan. Me, Cynthia, and Robson over there - an arm popped out of the rubble, waving -came here to fix this shit before infected come close. AAMO has decided to actually fix cryochamber malfunctions now. The boss told us you need go to the Baltimore Hub… We modified our Attack Thermomech to have an extra seat in the cabin. You can’t do anything in it, just extra comfort for Rob. Rescue pod can be quite annoying. Rob! You’ll stay here with M-947 fixing this! We’ll take this guy to the Hub!”

Robson gave a thumbs up from the rubble, and the AAMO soldiers walked in the direction of an AT standing by the road.

Stephen Goodrich

Goodrich, being trained, brought his weapon to bare when he was first confronted by the squad of AAMO soldiers, but quickly dropped it at the sight of their bright badge showing their allegiance. He holstered the revolver and stood up straight, out of his crouched firing position, and joined the mysterious man to his Attack Thermomech. He did not know exactly why he was needed in the Baltimore Hub, but he decided it might be best to listen to someone who has been fighting the good fight in the present. After all--Stephen has been asleep for 200 years.

"... Why exactly am I needed there?"

Shivering and clutching his arms, he looked at the cold landscape. He remembered what it was like to be cold, and through his memory, he could only vicariously imagine the hostility of the winds that nipped at his bare arms and face. Even with all the genetic modification, he still shivered slightly at the feeling of snow.

Cryochamber 22 exterior, Baltimore, F.A.F. @SSgt Goodrich

Ryan entered a key in the AT’s lowered cockpit, automatically opening it. He took away the key, and stepped on one of the two machine gun barrels below the keyhole. Ryan took a seat, and Cynthia followed behind, while Stephen asked about his utility.

”You are there to kill baddies, sweetie. I’m pretty sure the mission info is in that /dee/vice on your waist.” Said she before climbing on the chair behind and slightly above Ryan’s.

”Oh, don’t be rude. I’m sure he wants to help, don’t you?”

Finally, Goodrich sat uncomfortably on the seat behind Cynthia’s. The cockpit was shut, and a wave of heat went inside it for an instant. The two soldiers removed their helmets and gloves, putting the pilot and co-pilot ones. The Thermomech’s helmets only covered the front of the head, leaving Ryan’s cropped brown hair and Cynthia’s dark brown ponytail along with their white skins visible. A HUD appeared in front of them, while the SON could only see a slightly broken glass, and Ryan put the key in a keyhole again, proceeding to test the AT’s functionalities.

”Legs’ motors… Functioning. Rescue pod… Opening correctly. Missile launchers… Seem to be okay. Machine guns… How about I turn safe mode off just this time?”

Cynthia looked angry and confused at her partner while he pressed a button to turn safety off, and proceeded to destroy a lamp post with the central machine guns.

”Machine guns good and well. Ready to set off. Do we really need to do this always we set off with the A- Ow!” Ryan’s question was interrupted by a slap from Cynthia, who said:

”It’s because of immature little shit like you who play videogames all day and think they can go to war that those communist assholes are getting power.” She sighed, and pressed a few buttons before asking Stephen: ”Ready for our ride?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back