• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Believe me ((Closed))

bbyj95

"You can't just stand there and look at the books, hoping that they will put themselves away." Charlie said, shaking her head as she bent down to help her. "What's on your mind? Why are you so out of sorts?" She asked, pushing her thick rimmed glasses back on her nose. Adelaide sort of shook herself out of her thoughts and a smile spread across her lips. "Oh, sorry I was just all caught up in my thoughts. Nothing's wrong or anything, it's just.."She paused and thought about how she was going to word the next half of what she was saying. "My family, Momster and dad called for a mandatory family meeting for tomorrow night at eight." She shook her head as she looked over at her friend, "It doesn't make sense, because usually with my family, the only whole family things we do are our Sunday and Wednesday night dinners. I have been wracking my brain but coming up with nothing." Addie shrugged with a sigh, pushing some dark brown strands of hair away from her face as she focused on putting the books away. Gildenrod's books and records store was very small and quaint, rarely there were more than ten people in the store daily. Charlie rested her hand on Addie's shoulder and gave it a sweet rub, "I am not really sure how to respond other than maybe Finn did something? And also I'm sorry." Charlie then got up and continued straightening out towards the front of the store. Adelaide shook her head, books in hand, Finn would never do something without telling her before or after it happened. Her family was too complex to understand sometimes.

Work ended and Adelaide felt like her head was going to explode. She checked her phone and low and behold there were three text messages from her mother. They all were a minute apart and asking the same question, "when will you be home?" You would think that Addie would be flattered that her mother was worrying about where she was and when she would be coming home. This was n't the case because she knew the real reason as to why her mother wanted her home. There was a gala that her parents were hosting tonight and she had to be home strictly at four to be ready by six. Her parents usually through these galas every first Friday of the month. Addie rushed to her car and quickly got home to their surprisingly huge house for where they lived. The house was two stories but was on this huge stretch of land her father bought. Her parents were apart of their uncle's Tea distributor, as silly as that sounds. Mr. McTucker was born and raised in England and that's where he met his wife, who was vacationing in London with her wealthy family. Adelaide's father was the brother of the queen of England's son. So there was some royalty you could say, running through Addie and her brothers veins. Adelaide never questioned why they live in such a small wet city rather then in a plush mansion out in London. There would be consequences if she asked too many questions.

"I'm home! Just as you asked mother, four right on the dot this time." Last time she was late by two minutes. A maid by the name of Annie rushed down the huge staircase that was centered in the middle of the entrance, "Oh Adelaide! You must get right to your bathing room and get yourself cleaned up before your mother sees you. I will let her know that you are here and getting ready. Go, go!" Alice rushed and ran the opposite way from her, probably headed straight to the office where her mother always seemed to be. Adelaide huffed and walked up the stairs, her room was in the back of the house and she loved it. Having her room so far away from everyone's made her feel like she had some kind of privacy. Finn's room was just down the hall but at a reasonable distance. She was very close to her brother mentally but needed her space. As she walked down the hallway, she noticed that Finn wasn't in his room like she should be, "typical" she mumbled under her breath. Her hand itched to grab her phone and text him but she refrained and decided to let him fend for himself. As she entered her room there was a dress, shoes, hair accessories, and matching jewelry all perfectly pressed and laid out on her bed. There was a slip of paper that read, 'Wear all of this tonight. Make sure your attitude is in check and that a smile is on your face at all times.' That was the most her mother talked to her really, unless they were in front of people. 

All dressed and ready, she moved into the view of the mirror and pressed her hands down against her dress. The dress was weirdly lower cut then the usual dresses her mother makes her wear. The dress was a deep red with a plunging neck and back, floor length that fit her body like a glove. She brushed her fingers against the diamond necklace against her neck and then observed the matching earrings. Her mother was not afraid of accessorizing. Adelaide did her own hair, curling is just at the ends so it laid perfectly on her shoulders. Make-up wise, she never did too much, just eyeliner and a little lipstick. The heels she had to wear matched the whole outfit, decked out in diamonds so unlike her. She opened her bedroom door and could already hear the jazz music playing downstairs and could almost feel her eyes watering from the amount of smoke filling the air. "Finnegan?" She whispered looking more towards his room, "You better be ready because I am not covering your butt again." She pushed his door open to reveal an empty room. "Typical."

----

Finnegan swung right and then left ducking every once in awhile, there were people cheering all around him and the rush was glorious. Finn dabbled in cage fighting every once in awhile, not just for the side money, but for the excitement it brought. Fighting was something he thought he was pretty good at, and looking at his opponent in front of him, he was really good at fighting. Despite his skills though, he did leave the fight with a cut lip and a couple minor bruises along his rib cage, nothing an ice bath couldn't fix. He got out of there rather quickly, cash in hand and an ice pack in the other he made his way to his car. "Hey! Hey, Finn!" He heard his name called loudly and stopped, turning around to see his good buddy Daniel rushing over to him,"Great fight brother, you smoked that guy for sure." Daniel laughed, high fiving Finn. Finn laughed and just shrugged, "Thanks, can't wait until the cage actually calls me with an opponent who matches my level." He said all cocky, bathing in his winning streak he had kept up over the last month. He rubbed his chin and checked the time on his watch,"Oh have to get home, some stupid dinner party my parents are throwing.. Text me, yeah?" He told Daniel who just waved him off and they both headed to their separate cars.

Daniel was Finn's first friend when they moved to Maine, they've been best friends since grade school. he was really thankful to have such a kind soul as his friend, Daniel kept him from not losing his temper too much in stupid situations. Finn smiled and shook his head as he backed out of the parking spot and drove straight home. He knew his sister would already be home and half way ready by now, she was stubborn but she played it cool a lot of the times. He watched her sometimes and could see the urge to rebel against everything their mother tells them to do, but she holds her tongue. He always told her that one day she was going to burst and let completely loose. He would be front row to that show, with a bag of popcorn too! Finn quietly ran around the side of the house where his window was and jumped up, catching the nearest branch. He was constantly climbing this silly tree to avoid confrontation about his where abouts or his battle scars. Once in his room, Finn chucked his "outside" phone under his bed and fished out the phone that he kept hidden in his sock drawer. He had two phones, one so his mother could pester him whenever with and then the other phone which he never told his parents about. They were too nosy and he hated it. He felt so constricted. There was a nice tailored suit laying out for him with the way over the top accessories that he always forgot to put on. He showered and changed as quickly as he could, brushing his unruly hair to the side like a good boy. He looked in the mirror for half a second before opening his door. 

Addie's door was still closed so he walked down the stairs first, diving face first into the lions den. He breathed in and then out slowly before walking into the middle of the party. Waiters and waitresses swarmed around everyone with trays on their hands and weird looking food ornately placed on the silver plates. Finn ran his fingers through his hair and spotted the drink tray. He beelined for it and grabbed a glass, downing it in half a second. He then turned just in time to see his parents. They were dramatically dressed as usual. They loved attempting to upstage everyone who attended their parties. "Oh! Finnegan, my boy!" His fathers loud voice boomed throughout the house, causing people to stop their own conversations and look. Finn spread a fake smile across his face and walked closer to his parents,"Father, mother." He acknowledged but his mother was loudly laughing and talking to her friend next to her about something not important. Finn's smile diminished as he looked towards the stairs. "Adelaide.." he mumbled under his breath, wondering when she was going to make her grand appearance. 

"Your mother and I have this big announcement! Along with our usual guests who attend our parties regularly, we will be having new guests. Guests whom are of importance to you and your sister's futures." Finnegan was really confused, he just stood and stared at his father, wondering where he could be going with this. He was also wondering why he had to announce it to the whole party and not just him and Addie in the other room? He could feel this knot of something bad forming in the pit of his stomach, this just couldn't be good. He heard a familiar voice and he turned his head to see his sister finally making her way down the stairs. He could totally tell that she was forcing the smile on her lips as she mingled her way throughout the house until she reached him. Finn looped his arm through hers and pulled her closer, "Parents are inviting new people who have something to do with our future to dinner tonight.. Aren't we the luckiest?" He told her and could feel Addie tense up. Finn instantly felt protective, he would never let anyone hurt his sister. The door bell rang and their mother rushed to the front door like she was racing someone. "Get over here." Their mother hissed at them, and Finn pushed Adelaide forward until they were somewhat right behind their mother. "You embarrass me? You will regret it." Mrs. McTucker snapped, making Addie roll her eyes at the not so loaded warning. They all put on a fake smile and the maid reached for the door handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back