Hand Flamer

Trauly - Dusty Roads

Bel Burtau
Character Content

• Name: Bel Burtau

Height/Weight: 6'2 // 190lbs

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Nationality: Ridolfo Imperium

Combat Style: Bel isn't a warrior, he's a survivor. He isn't concerned about honor or pride, he just wants to make it back in one piece. So his first option in a potentially lethal scenario is always deescalation. If that fails he'll look to flee, and if that's not feasible he'll ambush and disorient his enemies. The flame pistol is great at both roles.

Thanks to his boxing days Bel's an excellent striker. His gauntlet, combined with his punching speed & strength, can deliver quite a blow. For a man not looking for a fight, he sure has found his way into a lot them.

So... I like it. I like the images you used and I like his history. One problem that I see is that you didn't go into his personality to much. You made it about his childhood and how he used to be, and the only thing in particular that you mentioned about his personality is his survivalist mentality. It doesn't go into the finer details of his personality, and didn't answer a lot of questions. Is he a typically cheerful or depressed? How quick is his anger? Is he an honest man, or does he find lying an easy solution? Although not all of these questions are answered in many personality sections, they are important.

Interestingly enough, all three of your questions are answered in Bel's character sheet.

[QUOTE="Warg Overlord]Is he a typically cheerful or depressed?

[/QUOTE]
"The freedom of treasure hunting allowed him to finally relax.... ....Exploration was the greatest experience life could offer Bel, and he drank it up heartily. But the cold nights and quiet dinners were starting to pile up. Even if Bel wouldn't admit it."

[QUOTE="Warg Overlord]How quick is his anger?

[/QUOTE]
"So his first option in a potentially lethal scenario is always deescalation. If that fails he'll look to flee, and if that's not feasible he'll ambush and disorient his enemies."

[QUOTE="Warg Overlord]Is he an honest man, or does he find lying an easy solution?

[/QUOTE]
"He approached Bel with an offer: a chance to pilot a Transport/Cargo ship on the condition that he would moonlight as Murdoch's smuggler... ...But it would also make him an outlaw, and the thought of watching life slip by behind the bars of a Ridolfo prison deterred most folks. Bel never gave it a second thought. He went straight to work for Murdoch."

Also you may have missed the significance of including Bel's childhood in the personality tab: all of his younger qualities are still present to varying degrees. So he's still imaginative, brave, decisive, self-aware, a risk taker, protective of friends, ect. It's all there, it's just more narrative than meta.

I do, however, appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. As always, it was very insightful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. Well, this is probably just another me thing. I always have had trouble picking up on details in someone's SU if it's not made painfully obvious ( :P )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back