• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern BEING HUMAN - CHAPTER II | INTEREST CHECK [One Space]

Avari

Four Thousand Club
SHSHHH.png

chap ii.png

Happy holidays friends, and welcome to the interest check and recruitment page for the second chapter of the BEING HUMAN RP which even won June Roleplay of the Month! It's a character and story focused roleplay that has been going strong since all the way back in April. We've just completed the first story arc, and this is a fantastic time to join the story - if you are interested. Please find a FAQ below, with a overview of the RP and what you can expect.

therp.jpg

BEING HUMAN is that classic trope of fantasy characters ending up in the real world - in this case, modern day London. It draws inspirations from a myriad of sources - such as Persona 5, Xenoblade Chronicles, Overlord and Devil is a Part Timer. While there is a background plot that is always going on, players are also encouraged to develop their own stories and focus on development and the day-to-day life of living in London as a group of heroes and villains are forced to work together to protect themselves from forces that would see them destroyed.
As a character, you can chose between three different classes that will have a significant impact on their backstory. Aetherian, Abnormal or Human. (More information on this below)
There is lore available for Aether, which will be available shortly to assist in world building and character history.

mapvr4.jpg

theplot.jpg
(The following is a tl;dr of the story which glosses over several key points. It is not necessary to be aware of the plot upon entering the RP, as your character will learn of these events in time)

Chapter I of BEING HUMAN followed the adventures of a group of individuals from the realm of Aether, who found themselves stripped of their powers and forced into Human form upon arriving on Earth after a terrible war between a powerful Witch-Queen known as Lucrezia and the free-folk of Aether, led by the royal family of Alcamoth and the Church of Light. Chapter I was primarily dedicated to these characters adjusting to life in London and learning about their new world. At the climax of the Chapter they discovered that the war has followed them to Earth - that the Church of Light had actually the true foe all along; attempting to slaughter the entire group and claim the power of the Royal Family for themselves. This group of Aetherians - once mortal enemies - are now forced to work together to survive, and perhaps one day - find their way back to Aether to stop the Church for good.

423646.jpg

CHAR.jpg

In the RP, you have the choice between three main archetypes of character origin. This choice will have a significant impact on your backstory.

2.png

Due to plot restrictions, we are currently limited to two new Aetherian characters - who MUST have been on the side of Light during the war, fighting for freedom against the tyranny of Lucrezia.
Aetherians have a single passive ability, that will develop over time. A Dwarf or an Elf would be especially handy.

1.png

The new class introduced for Chapter II. No limit in terms of slots available. Abnormals have a single core ability - unless you're something like a Werewolf, Vampire, Ghost or something else. Then y'all get some extra stuff.

3..png

Rather have a character that's dragged into the madness of it all? Then vanilla human is for you! Again, no limit of slots.

Please note: New players are restricted to ONE character.
Returning players are allowed a max of THREE.

This is to combat any potential damage from inevitable drop-outs.

------

GUIDE
NO BBcoding. Please stick to the following framework, it makes everything a lot easier.

NAME:
If your character is Aetherian, please include your original and new Earth name.

Abnormals can potentially have extended lifespans, depending on background and abilities.

IMAGE:
For visual reference

PERSONAL HISTORY:
If your character was present in Chapter One, please include a short tldr of what happened to them!

PERSONALITY:
More detail is always better!

ABILITIES:
The only limit is your imagination!
ABNORMALS - One core gimmick, that will develop throughout the RP. The ability of your character should have a significant impact on their history and personality.
AETHERIANS - Aetherians can have multiple powers and abilities, but that was before they came to Earth. You will reclaim some of these powers (not necessarily all) throughout the story. For now - you get one passive power. Give it a cool name, we're in anime land.

MUSICAL THEME:
i like musical themes

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Anything else you'd like to add!

tenor (3).gif

FAQ.jpg

1) Am I going to feel lost if I don't read Chapter I?
Absolutely not - and I don't expect anyone to read it. Since your character was not on the scene for those events, they won't be aware of them - so you don't have to be either. Plot points will be explained between characters as we go, but there will be a detailed summary posted in the New OOC when it launches.

2) How can I learn more about Aether If I wanna RP a Aetherian?
They'll be a lore page with the basics up at some point over the next week. It'll detail stuff like how magic works, Church of Light, how the war went - that sort of thing.

3) When is it starting?
After the holidays hopefully - probably Jan 1st.

(More questions will be answered in time)

There is currently a OOC/CS page for the current RP - this is for Chapter I. please do not post any characters yet. There will be a brand new CS and OOC available after Christmas.
Feel free to ask questions below. My DMs are open.

RETURNING CAST
@
Avari
Lucrezia | Lisa | Kaysen
MagicPenguin MagicPenguin
Prince Roland Fairchild | Arryn Blacksmith
QizPizza QizPizza
Raijin
WillfulWren WillfulWren
Silver | Marcus
Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin
Juniper
LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
Ana
IG42 IG42
Tannur
koala koala
Morgana | Elena

LORE GUIDE
CHARACTER SHEETS

tenor (5).gif

Last edited:
Woohoo very interested! I went ahead and read some posts of the old thread and damn it hooked! Maybe I will make an Aetherian character, but still not sure yet.

I’m potentially interested, I’ve got a lot on my plate so I don’t know yet, but it is interesting.

Completely new to this but it certainly does look interesting. Do we have any villain-like characters?

One or two!

Not looking for any massive antagonists, everyone will be working together mostly. But the door is open to all ideas!

One or two!

Not looking for any massive antagonists, everyone will be working together mostly. But the door is open to all ideas!
No no not main antagonist or anything like that lmao. I'm talking like a mercenary type. I'm thinking of making a human strider maybe. "Powerless" but a Jack of all trades kind of character. Someone who fights using equipment, traps, and cunning with a broad sense of knowledge you know?

Easiest way I can think of it is a human who has survived against the craziness of all the magic and wars by being smart rather than being strong

No no not main antagonist or anything like that lmao. I'm talking like a mercenary type. I'm thinking of making a human strider maybe. "Powerless" but a Jack of all trades kind of character. Someone who fights using equipment, traps, and cunning with a broad sense of knowledge you know?

Easiest way I can think of it is a human who has survived against the craziness of all the magic and wars by being smart rather than being strong

I like it!

Could be a Vampire hunter or something, if you fancy?

I like it!

Could be a Vampire hunter or something, if you fancy?
The title is interesting but as I said, I'd like him to be more of a generalist. He would know how to kill or fight vampires, naturally, but he wouldn't be an expert at it. Like I said, a wanderer or maybe a sell sword. I MAY make him an abnormal but still no powers. Probably something like having a really tenacious body. So he's hard to put down for good and lives way beyond the life expectancy of a human. That way it makes sense for him to have all the experience he does but still keep him "human"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back