• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Behind the Falls

gaeu

You’re a hybrid, or an anthropoid. You were warned against going behind the falls, where you’d often hear strange noises.

One night you hear the strangest of sounds; your name being called from behind the falls. Alas, you were the curious cat who disobeyed the group and went behind the falls. Behind it, there was a wonderful world, filled with tall buildings, and cars. You’d heard of this world. You turn around to see if you could go back, but the circle you came from disappears in front of your eyes. You decide to look around, hoping the circle would reappear. While looking around, you see people who look like you, but without your ears, tails, and maybe even fur. Their personalities were like yours, but you could tell you and the people were different.

Welcome to the Human World. There’s no way to go back.

You’re a human. You were minding your own business when you saw a cosplay person. Their costume was so realistic, you had to go and touch it. You touch the ears, and they moved. You jump back, startled. Later you were to discover that you met an anthropoid, and then, it was on you to either help them adapt into this new world or to abandon then to their fate and try to tell the government of their existence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marionette

I blinked. The girl with brown hair. She seemed like an interesting person. Whomever she was cosplaying seemed interesting. "Hey, Jeff, I'll be back!" I told him as I went to the girl. "Hey! I'm Bethany, but you can call me Marionette. I couldn't help but notice those ears. Who are you cosplaying?" The girl stared at me like I was crazy. "Um. . Hi?"

"I'm Hope." She smiled after a while. "I'm not cosplaying anything." She shook her head. "I'm born with these." Her ears moved. I felt something brush my legs and I looked down to see a tail. "I was born with that too." Her smiled widened.

Issac

I saw Hope talking to a girl with black hair and purple eyes. "Hey, Hope." I walked over to her. The girl looked at me. "I'm Issac. . ." My ears twitched.

"Issac, this is Hope!" Hope was smiling her face off. "Where's Ebony?" Her smile grew smaller. My cousin came over, and I sighed. She couldn't stay away for a moment when her name was called.

"Here!" She whistled. "Hey, Hope!" Her ears were pricked with excitement. I looked at Hope.

"We best be going. Bye!" Just as I was about to herd Hope and Ebony away, a guy with purplish hair walked over.

"Who are they?" He studied all of us, and through his guarded expression, I could see curiosity.

Reyna looked around. A cluster of people were near the falls. Some looked human, the others, anthropoid. She cautiously edged forward, her curiosity burning in her stomach. She clenched her jaw, hiding her hope of escaping this place. The group was talking as Rey sat near the waterfall. She sat on a rock and eavesdropped, hoping to catch some valuable information. Trying not to be obvious, Rey leaned back, but still close enough to hear. Please, thought Rey, I need to escape.

Hex

I looked at Reyna. "Hey." I said as I walked over to her. I looked at Issac, and we exchanged a flat look that clearly screamed that we wanted home ASAP. "You want to go home too, huh?" I closed my eyes and then looked up.

Hex

"Olivia. I prefer being called Hex, though." I looked at Reyna, then smiled. "Issac there wants the same." I tilted my head so my ears were pointing at Issac. Issac didn't notice though. "You have family back there?" I asked.

"Just a stepmother, but it's the only home I've ever had," Rey said. She kicked a rock onto the street and watched as a car ran over it. She grimaced a little, then loosened. I don't want to be here, thought Reyna.

Hex

"Ahh. . ." I nodded. I looked up into the sky again. "I never had one set home. I never liked the idea of staying in one spot for too long. It gives way for letting people come close to you." I looked down to face a blonde haired boy. "WHO ARE YOU?!" I resisted the urge to slap him.

"Jeff. You two?" He looked at Reyna and I.

Jeff

I smiled. "Hey, Reyna!" I looked at the other girl, who gave me that look that said, shut up. I didn't ask her her name after that. I turned back to Reyna. "Why?" I tried not to stare at their ears, and their tails. "What's confusing you?"

[sorry! I had to eat.]

Jeff

"Narrow it down, please. Why we don't have ears and tails?" I asked, half joking. I smiled slightly. "Or what you're doing here?"

Jeff

I stiffed a laughter. "The poor stone." I bit back laughter. I looked at Reyna. "How you got here, I don't know. As for what we are, we're humans." I smiled. "Pure humans." I thought for the last question. "Well, you're on Earth. . ."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back