• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Behind Locked Doors

Annabelle blushed when he kissed her hand and smile sheepishly. "I was thinking we could go to the bakery and get some fresh bread, then maybe go to Paris and do some shopping, maybe... even visit my family?" She asked hopefully. "I'd like them to meet you, since I am living with you, I don't want them to get worried." She explained. "Jacques especially because he would go crazy looking for me." She chuckled.

For a moment, Isaac thought Paris would be a good idea but Olivia had mentioned to him the Marcus could be there right now looking for him. If he went there and was seen with her, that would put her in more danger.

"I'm sad to say that we won't be able to travel out of town. I can't really tell you why and I know you don't have much reason to trust me but I ask that you don't try to go there today." He didn't know what else to say to her over the matter because he didn't want to scare her or make her want to stay if she knew he was in danger. His death was like ticking time bomb and he didn't want her here to see it. When Marcus comes for him, he won't fight back. He'll accept his punishment and go peaceful into the pits of hell where the men he killed waited for him.

"Maybe in a few days we can go into Paris, for now lets stick to the town bellow. You haven't seen the dress shop keeper and I can imagine after spending so much time making dresses, he would like to see what you have created. I also would like to met the man who I have spent much money on to keep open. Along with other shops I helped." He tried his best to cover up his own distress and ate a few bites of bread. He wasn't hungry much anymore and he could hear a carriage coming up to the house. He looked at the window and saw Olivia pop out of the cab and stroll up to the door with a large smile on her face.

"Looks like our ride has arrived. Why don't you finished breakfast?" He stood from his chair and patted her on the head gently before going to greet Olivia and get the cab ready.

Annabelle quietly finished her breakfast and felt both sad and confused. Issac seemed to be worried about something, but she couldn't figure out what about. She was disappointed that she still couldn't meet her family or subdue Jacques, who was no doubt writing her letter after letter and sending it to the shop that she used to live and work in. After she finished her breakfast she went outside to meet Issac. "I'm ready to go if you are." She smiled softly, but she seemed concerned about something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the concern in her eyes, Isaac reached up and smooth back her hair. He didn't want her to seem worried. He want her to have a good day. It would soon be one of her last with him. He knew she wanted to see her family but he also knew she would seem them very soon. That day he was going to start arranging to send her away with his money and let her go home. He needed to talk to the bank people himself this time and was going to put her in his will. That why when Marcus killed him, everything would go to her. Everything but the house. He placed in his will that the house was to be burned. Every bad memory he created in it would burn with it.

Opening the carriage for Annabelle, he helped her in and sat down across from her.

"I know you want to see your family but I would need more time in advance to make such a trip and give us enough time to do all that. I have plans to take you to visit paris this up come weekend. I you want. You can send a letter to them today and tell them you will be home to visit soon. You mentioned something about a boyfriend there, right" Isaac tried his best to act natural but he felt something stir inside. He wish she would say no but he had no right for him to do that.

"Oh Jacques isn't my suitor." She assured with a small smile as they were driven to the city. "He's my good friend, we've been causing chaos since we were kids." She chuckled. "But I would like to send them a letter, just so they don't worry, if that's alright." She reached over and held his hand. "You've seemed a little concerned this morning. Is everything alright? Are you coming with me when I go to see my family?" She asked with pleading eyes, she could tell that something was wrong.

"Of course. I would love to meet the parents of such a rebellious young girl." Isaac lied. He said it in a form of a joke to hide his concern and held onto her hand tight. It was warm in his cold ones. The carriage started to move and made Isaac wonder where Olivia was. He would of sworn she would want to ride with them and be annoying the whole way into town. After waiting a second, Isaac heard a small high pitch yip come from the front where the driver sits. Isaac rolled his eyes when he realized that Olivia had taken the over.

"We might want to be careful, I don't know if Olivia is a good...." Before he could finish his sentence, Olivia runs the carriage over a large bump. Isaac, not sitting properly, flys forwards. He catches himself but is pressed up against her and holding on head by her head on the wall behind her and other hand on her shoulder. Another bump came and this caused Isaac to fall back but bringing Annabelle with him. Because of his falling, he had pulled her into his lap.

Annabelle squeaked and blushed bright pink. "Well... hello." She smiled sheepishly and lightly held onto his jacket. She felt her heart beat faster and her whole body warmed up, but she didn't move from him. "I am so excited for today Issac..." Annabelle murmured and gently caressed his cheek.

Isaac meant to move her back to her seat but when his arm came up around her, he pulled her close instead. As her hand brushed against his cheek, her turned his head and kissed the palm of her hand.

"As am I..." This time he meant it. He was happy and excited to be around her and to be going out to town with her. He did have nerves about being back down there but he wanted to give her a few last good days.

Raising his hand and running his fingers through his hair, he finally did what he had been wanting to do. He gave into his demons and placed his lips onto hers, kissing her gently. Her lips were soft and warm against his but it sent shivers through his body. She felt perfect in his lap in his arms. He didn't want to let go.

When he moved away, he smiled lightly and kissed her again.

Rose voiced a quiet, feminine moan and kissed him back, threading her fingers through his hair, tugging lightly. "Issac..." She breathed and pressed closer to him, she had been waiting for this moment for quite a while now. She wanted to tell him that she loved him, but she was afraid he would scare him off, instead she settled for rubbing his chest with her small hand.

Moving back to breath and smile, Isaac gave her a kiss on the cheek and jaw. He wanted nothing more but to ravish her but he knew that was not something he should do to a lady. It didn't help how she was lightly touching his chest and making him dizzy. He meant to move down more but another bomb caused him to move around and almost loose his grip on her.

"I think it might be safer if i let you sit in you seat for the time being. With Olivia driving, who knows if we'll make it." He joke. Picking her, he sat her back down in her set and then knock on the wall behind him. He head a laugh and sorry call out form the drivers spot but the bumps only got slightly betters. He wanted to pull her back and continued kissing her but he realized he was going to far. He was going to break her heart more when it came time to leave. He needed to distance himself. The carriage came to a stop and the town was outside the window.

"Looks like we made it safe." Before anything else could be said, Isaac jumped up and out, opening the door to the carriage. "Ready my lady?" He held out and his hand for her.

Annabelle was quite startled by the whole thing and blinked a few times before she took his hand and left the carriage. She gently hugged his arm and looked up at him with innocent, questioning eyes. She was very confused by where they stood after that kiss. Maybe it was just a moment of lust on his part from being so lonely after all these years. Or maybe he really did care about her... she couldn't be sure, and she couldn't shake the feeling that he was hiding something. She hoped that it was only paranoia talking but she was still a little afraid...

"Are we going to the shop or the bakery first?" She asked, trying to smile genuinely but there was a hint of uneasiness to it. She leaned closer to him and sighed softly.

"How about we visit you friend in the shop and then have some lunch at the bakery. Maybe we can get some things and have a picnic in the Park? People still do that, correct?" He joked as he walked her down he street towards the shop. He parked some distance away from it, that why he could get a good look at the town around them. So things, not much, but some things have changed since he had last been down here. There were a few more new shops and there were new faces. As they walked by, people whispered on the street about their presence among the towns folk. His as new while her may have not been seen for some time. He even heard one person whisper that they thought she was dead. He ignored ever little chit and chat and focused all his attention on Annabelle.

Walking up the shop, he held open the door. He wanted the shop keeper to see her first and for her to get her visit in before discussing personal matters with the shop keeper when Annabelle was distasted later.

Annabelle put away her worries and smiled as she entered the dress shop. "Charlie!" Annabelle squealed and ran toward the man with black hair, and a cute face, about her height. "Annabelle!" The man grinned and welcomed her into his arms for a hug. She squeezed him tightly and kissed his forehead. "I've missed you so much." She said as she pulled away and held his hands.

"I have missed you as well." Charlie Witter grinned then gave her another hug. She pulled away and turned to look at Issac. "I would like to introduce you to the man who has been helping the store all this time, Issac Morgan."

Charlie's happy eyes grew even happier. "An honor to meet you Mr. Morgan." He said and came over to greet the tall man.

Isaac bowed his head and held out a hand for the man. "No sir, its an honor to meet you. I have heard amazing things about you and I thought today would be a lovely day to met you in person." Isaac smiled and looked around the shop. It was very beautiful and he noticed a lot of designed that must of been done by Annabelle. "Also, the shop looks amazing. I am happy to see that I have invested in the right place." Isaac turned to Annabelle "Would you like to check to see if you have any mail from you family, or about sending some out?" He wanted a chance to talk to the shop keeper alone.

"Oh, of course!" Annabelle said, catching the hint. She hurried upstairs to her old room. She plopped down on the bed and read her letters from her family. Her kid siblings were doing alright, as were her parents, they sounded worried. At least she and Issac would be visiting them soon. She smiled softly then read Jacques letters to her. They grew more and more worried and had a slightly romantic undertone to them. He told her how beautiful he thought she was and how much he missed her. She shook her head. She must be mistaken, Jacques did not love her like that... did he? In the past she had imagined marrying Jacques but since she met Issac, that dream had started to fade, as unbelievable as it seemed to her.

"How can I help you sir?" Charlie smiled.

"I need you to prepare all of Annabelle's things that she has left here to be shipped out to Paris in the next week. I am going to be sending her home." Isaac's voice was sad but serious. "I can't explain to you why I am doing it but I have to for her protection and everyone here. I wish for you not to tell her. You would literally get he killed if you did. Now, what I need from you. Once we leave, I need you to write a letter to her family. Tell them they she is coming home and to be expecting her. They are to meet her at the pickup location in Paris. I hope you can help me with this and protect her." Isaac patted him on the shoulder and hoped the man would help.

Charlie nodded. "Of course sir, anything to protect the girl." The man vowed. "I will do just as you say."

Annabelle came down with a bright smile and she came to Issac's side. "I hope you two were able to sort out your buisness matters." Annabelle said and looked from Charlie to Issac.

Isaac smile his typical 'everything is fine' smile and nodded. 'Yes we did."

He turned to the man and took his hand again. "Thank you again sir. I'll be sending down another check soon, so you may do more to the store."

Taking Annabella arms, he turned to her. "Did you write a letter to send to your family?"

Annabelle nodded. "I did indeed." She smiled. "Where to next?" Annabelle kept close to him, something in her subconscious told her they might not be together for long. But in her concious mind she was fairly happy to be in the city with Issac.

"Lets go to shop around for a bit, then grab some lunch." Isaac led her out the door and waved good bye to the man of the shop. He was happy the man would help him. That meant he care for Annabelle and Isaac respected that.

____

After an hour or so of shopping, Isaac made sure to drop there things off with Olivia to take home and then head to the Bakery. He selected some food for them to take and then bought a basket to carry it in. He wants her to have a wonderful day and hopefully remember this day when she would leave. She was scared she would hate him when it happened but maybe this day would be something she could look back on and forgive him with. If she ever came back, she could visit his grave and not feel remorse or hatred like his late wife felt towards him. That was something he would not be able to stand....if Annabelle turned to hate him for his crime against humanity. She still didn't even know the full truth of what he did. He didn't even think she should know.

As they reached the park, Isaac found a nice spot under a tree and set up the picnic. He had purchased a bottle of find french wine for them. He sat down a prepared everything.

"Are you hungry my lady?" He asked as he patted the ground next to him to sit.

Annabelle smiled and sat down close to him. "Fairly hungry yes." She responded and looked up at him with concern. "Issac, why... why did you kiss me earlier? It's not that I minded but I'm confused." Annabelle admitted and gently held his hand as she looked at him with big brown eyes. "And what made you decide to take me to the city?"

Isaac was unsure on how to answer the first question. He wanted to kiss her because....he felt something towards her. He was starting to love her...but he couldn't let her know that. That would make everything worse and make it harder for her to go. He looked at her and tried his best to conceal his pain.

"I....I..." He couldn't say it.

"I brought your to the city because I felt bad that you have been trapped inside that house. I know its been cold and snowing but I knew today would be a nicer day before the snow came again. I wanted you to feel better. And as for the kiss....well...." he stopped again and turned towards her. He said nothing but grabbed her and kissed her like before. HIs had cupped the back of her head gently and brought her to him. This kiss was more forceful then the last but it was only because he had no answer.

"I don't know how to answer your question...I'm just as confused as you are. I have been wanting to do that for so long but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I have only hurt you and you didn't deserve that from me. If you don't like it, I don't do it again."

"I do like it when you kiss me Issac, it sends a shock through me and makes me blush." Annabelle smiled and squeezed his hand. "I just don't know where we stand... If you just want me around to kiss, I don't know if I could do that, because I really care for you and to me it isn't just a kiss, it means something... Does it to you?" She asked gently and ate a little bit of her sandwich. She wished she could understand why Issac was acting so peculiar. She hoped he wasn't getting into trouble or was already in it.

"I dont know where we stand yet as well...." Isaac lied. it was better to lie now then have to lie more later. It would only make things harder not he both of them.

"Lets finish our meal and head home soon. I still have a few places I need to go if you don't mind following. its just to the bank and to the mail place. I have a few things i need to send out and also get set up with my bank."

Isaac took a few bights of his lunch and a few sips of his drink before packing his side back up. He wasn't as hungry has her, so he didn't need to eat much.

Annabelle looked crushed. She assumed that he had said that as a polite way of meaning that their kiss meant nothing to him. She pulled her hand away from his and stood up. "Um... okay." She said quietly and looked down at her feet, waiting for him. Her heart stung painfully and she had to use all of her strength not to cry right then and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back