• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Beautiful Creations.

It was cold today.

The weatherman said a moderate 74 but I still felt cold.

Maybe something's wrong with me.

Hartsfield is almost always temperate, not too hot, not too cold. Then an old Lady moves into Crestwood Manor and the climate seems to shift. The delicate ecosystem that was this puny town almost entirely flipped. Today was marked the end of the second month of school. Seniors would graduate come May 2017, but of course, only a handful of those Seniors of '17 would come to leave the town.

It had a hold. Not an appeal.

There was nothing scarier than the realization that the town you were born in, would become your grave. Nothing scarier than the fact that you have been digging that grave since your very first day of school. That grave being the metaphorical end of a childhood, and the beginning of a life going nowhere but six feet underground.

At least, that's what it seems. Like everything stops in the heart of this town. No one comes along to think that things could start here too.

Maybe there's something wrong with everyone.

~X~
Date: 10/1/16
Time: 12:17 PM

"Welcome Hartsfield Heartbreakers and Heart-Achers! You guys ready for Homecoming?!"

The crowd, covered in red and white all hoarded onto the gym's bleachers, roared for the pretty blonde cheerleader who gave her little intro. Today was the first Pep-Rally on the road to Homecoming. Soon after the cheerleader gave her introduction, the rest of the cheer squad came out in formation. They performed flips, chants, anything they could to hype the crowd. All before one of the school's most recognizable faces came out to speak.

Bethany Morris, the Queen of Harts. She stood upon a raised platform, large enough for about three more people.

"I bet you're all very excited for Homecoming, but of course we need to get the formalities out of the way. Now this year our dance committee already has their hands full with '17 Prom, so if you'd like to lend a helping hand, there is a table is set up in the back by the left exit. All that aside, this year's homecoming is going to be the biggest, the baddest, the most best homecoming yet. But you know what would make all of it better?" Bethany paused as she waited for the crowd's answer. It came with the loudest roar yet.

"BREAKING EASTVILLE'S HEART"

There was an intense aura inside the gymnasium as the crowd continued cheering, prompting the Football team, to pour out from both exits and into the gym. The jerseys were a blood red, and the lettering, a bright white. They wore the jerseys over their normal clothes but most of them seemed like they didn't even need the pads.

A much more lean guy, in comparison to his teammates, walked onto the platform and stood next to Bethany and smiled brightly as the crowd died down.

"So Apollo, do you think your team can beat the Eastville Mountain Lions?" Bethany asked the tall brunet male beside her.

"Of course I do, we're aren't called the Heart-Breaking Hawks for nothing!" Apollo delivered, fueling into the crowd's hype.

"Well you heard it hear first folks, today marks the first day of Hartsfield's rampage!" Bethany threw her free hand into the air as all of the teens in attendance shouted their approval. Streamers were thrown, confetti poppers were popped. It was a short time that the youth of Hartsfield had something to be excited for.

And like every other time, it passed when the bell rang. Students filed out of the gymnasium in an almost orderly fashion. Apollo let his smile fade as he turned to face his teammates. His arms went up in exasperation as he lightly chuckled.

"Every rally they get louder and louder," Apollo's chuckle soon turned into a full on laugh filled with excitement.

He stepped down from where he stood and walked over to the other football players. One of them, a much larger figure, clapped Apollo on the back.

"You sure did rile them up, now let's hope you don't choke during the game tonight!" The bigger guy chortled, his voice was noticeably masculine and he legitimately seemed like an ape.

Apollo nodded his head and freed himself from the bigger guy's embrace, shooting back a shot of his own. "Just protect the pocket like you're supposed to, and I'm sure we'll win."

It only took about an hour and a half for Apollo to feel the loss of all the hype. He still had his jersey on but he sat in the middle of a classroom, behind a desk just like all the other kids inside these cursed walls.

Except he wasn't entirely there like those other kids were. He was lost in his own mind, thinking, searching for something. It felt like an ache in the back of his skull, but Apollo couldn't seem to scratch it. And as he kept prying at that imaginary itch, he found himself lost.

Everything seemed to fall away and he felt like he was in a void, he felt... cold.

It all falls into place Mr. Montgomery.

The voice was eerie and disembodied, and it was coming from all around him. It sounded like a woman.

When the ashes of your life blow in front of your face.

What was it talking about, why did it seem vaguely familiar?

You'll know.

You'll know pain.

And so will they all.

Mr. Montgomery.

There wasn't a feeling quite like this that Apollo had ever felt before. It seemed too surreal to have even happened. Did it even happen?

"Mr. Montgomery, can you continue?"

Missus Parsons, Apollo's english teacher, shook the boy from his thoughts. Her voice very closely resembling the one he had heard only moments before.

"Oh, yeah sorry... Uh... Where were we?" He asked bewildered.

The teacher sighed from behind her desk, she adjusted her glasses and spoke: "Chapter 13, Beautiful Creations."

Oliver Rhys
Bloody Americans. Especially Southerners. With their high school football, fried foods, and a monstrosity of other God awful rituals. And Oliver wasn't a fan...

With an Oxford-styled foot agasint the hideous wall of the gymnaisum, teenage ansgt flooded the room. He scorned this, a bloody awful idea on his part, but he could feel the slight auora of a Caster. The Ducannas were prominent in this region of America, which was the only reason Oliver stood in as a English History teacher. And he wasn't stupid either. To Oliver, he worked his one of his usual tailored suits, Oxfords, and his signature glasses. But to the hundreds of high schoolers and teachers, a badly laundered tie, khaki sweater, and wire-rimmed glasses was the hideous look he had to pull.

RRIIIIIIINNNNGG

Thank God. As soon as the bloody bell rang, Oliver slithered out of the gymnaisum. Not wanting to be stuck in the crowd of rambunctious teens, as well as to not loose his patience. Being a high school teacher was bloody hard, and over the course of a month, he was known as the meanest teacher. At least that's what his students said. Arriving to the taundry classroom, he unlocked the door then stepped inside. Oliver sat at the desk, crossing his feet as he picked up his current read, Atlas Shrugged. His class was in the middle of a test, so it would be their own faults if they decided to skip the rest, and fail. And he already warned he wouldn't give extra credit...

(Anyone who wants to be in Mr. Rhys class just strip right in!)

Rowan Clark

Mood: Embarrassed/Lost
Tags: ReverseTex ReverseTex

Rowan sighed as he walked through the hallways of Hartsfield Community High School. He wasn't dressed extravagantly, but he still looked somewhat professional. Some simple long khakis and a blue button-down t-shirt. The school needed a librarian and the local library was well staffed. Rowan had gotten the short stick and was switched over to the school. Unfortunately, Rowan had not yet seen a map of the school so he was desparingly lost. After some time off aimlessly wandering, Rowan had given up and decided to ask a teacher. Standing outside a door, he steeled his nerves before knocking and entering. He saw a man, blandly dressed, who did give off the most friendly vibe.

"Sorry to interrupt," Rowan began. The class seemed to be doing some work or taking a test due to the quiet, "but I am a new librarian for the school. Unfortunately I have lost my way. Could you point me in the direction of the library?" Rowan hoped that the man was at least a boring teacher. Best case scenario: the man only looks mean but really is a polite gentlemen.

"That'll be 6.16," the clerk said, turning to grab a plastic bag.

Liam dropped a handful of crumpled bills on the counter and grabbed the pack on the counter. He was already outside by the time the clerk turned back around. He moved out of sight before he could be asked about receipts or change, and flipped the pack open, pulling a cigarette out. He dug in his pocket for his lighter and flicked it on, aggressively holding the flame against the end until it was bright red. He was annoyed with Hartsfield.

Well, no. He didn't mind the town itself so much. He had grown up in a town with a population of three-thousand, so small towns weren't new to him. The weather wasn't bad ether, though the lack of snow in the winter would take some getting used to. It was the Duchannes that annoyed him, and since their history was tangled around this town, Hartsfield got to suffer his annoyance too. It was only a matter of time before one of them found him. Liam sucked hard on the cigarette, but didn't exhale until he could feel the burn in his lungs. He eyed the cloud of smoke until it dissipated.

Go to Hartsfield, they said. It's a small, quiet town like you're used to, they said.

Imagine his surprise when he found out, barely any time after he found an apartment that wouldn't suck his inheritance dry after a few months, that not only had some of the Duchanne's moved back to Hartsfield, but they had set up shop in Crestwood Manor, which he had been content to pretend didn't exist until the day he died. Liam inhaled cigarette smoke. He wanted to stuff everything he owned in a box and move to the other side of the country. Unfortunately, he couldn't afford to move. He tilted his head back against the wall and closed his eyes, exhaling smoke. It took a few more inhales before he started to relax.

IMG_1012.JPG
High school sucks. Like suuuucks. Like, it's a soul sucking twilight zone, that even if you aren't a teenager just entering this prison can zap your will to give a damn. That is especially true if you were never one to fit in and Kate Duchannes was never one to fit in.

She stood at the back of the gymnasium her sunglasses up and arms crossed over her chest, a barrier between her and everyone else. She had been dropping her cousin Charlie off at school when the sounds of a pep rally lured her in.
Charlie was just a kid, a kid that had been through a lot. A kid on a mission to make her job as his mentor as difficult as possible. She got it, how hard it must be to be a teenager, especially in this family. What it was like to be a Duchannes staring at their sixteenth year growing closer and closer, and knowing there is nothing that can stop the curse; that there is no choice.

The gym was roaring, cheering on their home team. A boy, a handsome football player stepped up and spoke for the team. He had an honest face, a face that could easily tell everything you'd want to know. Kate quickly looked away, she could stare too intently and see too much of someone. More than she ever wished to know. She threw a glance back to her cousin and left just as the bell rang.

(Easily not my best work just wanted to get something up)

Oliver Rhys
The class's quiet muttering was completely tuned out to Oliver, and if his class was talking, something was up. Quickly realizing the fact, he snapped his book shut to inspect the class, who's eyes were diverted to the door. Following their eyes, a man stood at the door, younger than him but older than high school. He looked similar to his current facade actually.

His explanation made sense to his boring appearance. Librarians were always quite dull. Especially the Keepers, the Caster's mundane librarians. Oliver had used them a few times, but he always got an off-put vibe from them. And this man oddly had it. Hiding his suspection, he set his book down and took his feet off the desk. "I'll be right back, now if I hear from Mrs. Hammond that you were loud, i'll give the entire class a failing daily grade." Standing up, Oliver flattened his suit/sweater, and gestured for the man to follow him out the door.

"The library is down the main entrance hall, it runs from the gym to the library, the cafeteria is in between. Not to complicated, depending on where you park is a different story. So I suggest for you to park near the library so I don't have to go through this again." Oliver's pace was fast, he was 6'4 after all. He just hoped he didn't need to repeat himself, or slow down. He just wanted to know who the bloody hell this man was.

J Johannes

3cc6f613d4a4e0b19483aaf05b415fc0.jpg
(The black patch over the left eye of his glasses also allows him to shift its appearance as well. Only from certain angles his injured eye can be visible, which is another reason his desk faces the class.)

kingsman-the-golden-circle-trailer-831023.jpg

Last edited:
Rowan Clark

Mood: Embarrassed

From the way the man talked sternly to his class, practically threatening then, Rowan thought it was just his luck to meet one of the unfriendlier teachers on campus. Now that the teacher's face wasnt hidden behind a book, Rowan noticed that one of his eyes was covered by a patch. Odd, perhaps the teacher is recovering from perhaps cataract surgery or some accident involving his eye. Either way, it added to his imposing demeanor. As the man walked past Rowan, he caught a glimpse behind the glasses but didn't quite get a good look. Rowan couldn't contemplate much as the teacher had took off in a fast, brisk walk. Having to jog to catch up, Rowan followed behind the teacher as gave him a rundown of the school layout.

"Right, will make sure to park near the library next time." Rowan said as they approached the entrance of the library. "Once again, I'm really sorry to pull you away from your class." Rowan apologized. He felt, however, that he was sparing the class from the teacher, even it was for a brief few minutes. "Thank you for the help Mr... Oh I'm sorry. I didn't get your name. I'm Rowan Clark." The librarian said extending out his hand.

Oliver Rhys
The still silence between the two for a short time worried him. Was his disguise fading? Just as he walked past a window, Oliver noticed his patch was clearly visible. Bloody hell. It was to late to mirror anything on the patch, he'd have to leave it be for a few days. Dropping his focus off of the eye, and moving it to maintain the clothing aspect, his attention was pulled back to the man.

"It's quite alright, pep rallies stress the living hell out of me. Sorry if I seem on edge." Slowing his step as the library was in distant he continued. "Mr. Rhys, but please call me Daniel." Oliver wasn't stupid enough to give the school system his real identity, and every teacher and student knew him as Daniel Rhys. Taking a quick glance with his good eye at the young man when he stopped in front of the doors, he could still feel the sense he was hiding something. "So Mr. Clark, you look a little young being a librarian? Most are older than me, but yet here you are. Have you been a librarian for long?"
J Johannes

Rowan Clark

Mood: Slight Suspicion

Daniel Rhys. Well, that name didn't particularly jump out at Rowan. Currently, the only famous Casters that Rowan is familiar with are the Duchannes family. There are many stories of different Casters in the Caster Library, but the young librarian hasn't come across a Rhys yet. Rowan could understand why Daniel was stressed out by the pep rallies. While Rowan wasn't a particularly exciting student, he did understand how worked up other students could get. Mr. Rhys seemed to have control in his classroom nevertheless.

"Oh, well, I have always had a love for reading and a knack for learning. So I became I librarian right out of high school meaning I have been doing it for about 7 years." Rowan replied, answering Daniel's questions. Rowan was certainly a younger looking librarian, but Daniel's sudden interest into his profession was off-putting. Perhaps Mr. Rhys was just trying to be social? "Well, I'm thankful for your guidance here. I'll make sure to study a map. I'm sure you must be wanting to get back to your class." Rowan stated in hopes of disengaging.

Oliver Rhys
The silence between his words and Rowan's didn't settle well with him. Once the chit chat was through, he'd hint his authority. But never the less, he listened intently to his words.

By the sound of it, ever since high school he'd jump into the librarian buisness. But why not attend a university? Most book worms ended up going to college anyways, but this one didn't. Letting his mind swift through the information like a snake in sand, Oliver quickly figured it out.

Rowan was a Keeper. He'd seen him in the extensive library before. Oliver didn't use the Keepers often, but if he needed to he did. Once the pair approached the library doors, it's lights were off the only light being from the windows. Opening the door for the younger man, he followed inside. "My pleasure Mr. Clark, now there's just one more thing I should probably tell you." Quickly and cunningly Oliver grabbed the younger man by his shoulder and pressing him against the wall. Keeping one hand tightly gripped on his shoulder, his other removed his glasses, revealing the blinded blood eye. Clearing his throat, he spoke in his normal British accent. "Now Mr. Clark i've deducted that you are a Keeper? Don't play stupid either, because we both know who's the one with the most power here." Tapping the side of his sweater/ suit, under his arm rested a pistol. "Now I imagine you'll scurry back to the library to search for me. That'll be impossible, I was disowned and erased from any records. But please let me know what you find out about Daniel Rhys." Tapping the younger man's shoulder, Oliver calmly slid his glasses back on, and waltzed out of the dark library.
J Johannes

Charles Duchannes

"She gone?"

Charlie was referring to Kate, his 'caretaker' here in Hartsfield. She was a nice lady but Charlie wasn't ready to let her dissect him. Maybe if she was a coroner, and just maybe if he were dead. Hell, even then he'd probably make it hard for her. A chill ran down his back as he peeked his head over his shoulder, he could almost always feel the presence of his family, he could definitely tell when they weren't around either. It was a power all in its own.

When the bell rang, Charlie left. He didn't leave for his class like the other kids though. He left through the back and slid on his glasses. His blond hair was a clear mess, he was a clear mess. He was the only kid in that Pep Rally that wasn't wearing the school colors, but no one would dare call him out on it.

The young caster was walking through the back courtyard where the students would soon be coming to eat their lunch. Luckily for him, the Cafeteria staff hadn't got to school yet and they hadn't set up shop in the glass panel ridden cafeteria.

Of course, the courtyard didn't lead out of the school. The double doors that lay at the end of the pavement walk way would lead him down his path to freedom. And Charlie didn't make it subtle that he was planning to leave. His hands found the handle of the door, and even though it was locked, Charlie pulled the door open. It was trick that almost every kid knew. If you're strong enough, and if you pull fast enough, you can open almost any door in school. What else would you expect from shit school funding.

It was at that moment that Charlie ran into his first problem of the day, Mr. Rhys.

The boy didn't stop for a second, but he didn't change his path either. Mister Rhys on the other hand had stride straight into Charlie's course. The boy's shoulder soon met the older man's in a very rude manner, but Charlie didn't stop. He kept on walking, closing in on his destination. But to any caster, it was obvious the aura of a claiming emanated from his body.

Once he was outside the building, he quickly began making his way to the nearest corner store.

Little Lozy Little Lozy ReverseTex ReverseTex J Johannes S n o w S n o w

Last edited:
Oliver Rhys
Oliver decided to take the long way back to his classroom, through the courtyard and back around. He kept his classes under tight restrictions, and the teachers next door gladly helped. He was able to hear the shrill cry of the bell from the courtyard, and right after a boy stepped into the courtyard from the other side.

He wasn't going to slow down for a meer teenager, he'd let the teen move. But as the two grew closer, the undeniable aurora of a Caster was present. Shortly after he noticed, the boy rammed into his lower shoulder. "Hey!" Stopping abruptly, his eyes followed the young boy, watching him with his good eye leave the courtyard. This boy wasn't going to get away with that.

Digging his cellphone from his pocket as he hurriedly left the courtyard, Oliver quickly punched in the front office number. "Hello this is Mr. Rhys, yes i'd like to call in a substitute. My wife isn't feeling well, and i'm needed. Oh good, thank you dear." Glancing down at his ring, it's age quite apparent, but not the pain it left him. Shoving his phone angrily into his pocket, Oliver quickly shook the thought of his wife from his head as he followed the boy out of the school. Once off of the grounds, Oliver quickly and swiftly shifted into a stray dog, and continue his presuit.
Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Last edited:
Rowan Clark

Mood: Flustered
Tags: Open for interaction ReverseTex ReverseTex

As Rowan walked into the darkened library, he found himself suddenly pressed to the wall by Daniel. Before he could recover from the shock and ask what Mr. Rhys was doing, the man took off his glasses to reveal a horrible disfigured eye. To add to the confusion, Daniel now talked with a British accent; this man is not who he seems. Surprised by Daniel's deduction skills, Rowan nodded his head when he was asked if he was a Keeper. Fear crept into Rowan's heart as the hidden pistol was revealed. How did the man being a gun a campus? Why have a gun on campus? Daniel left Rowan with a challenge, find out who he was. As Daniel Rhys left, Rowan was able to calm down. Not being the strongest and the fact that Daniel had a gun greatly intimidated Rowan. Once his nerves were calmed, Rowan began to open up the library and turn on the lights. While getting the library in order, Rowan contemplated the events that transpired. He definitely would visit the Caster Library. Daniel certainly seems like a Dark Caster. His personality seemed generally unfriendly. He certainly must be deceptive. How does a man with an unpleasant demeanor with an even more unpleasant eye get hired as high school teacher? Thoughts swarmed in Rowan's head as he continued working in the library; Oliver Rhys' scarred eye etched into Rowan's memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back