• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Beast Souls of Taman

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
e8e84cbcae1bdc6f314871ebed20b693--traditional-paintings-fox-art.jpg

• What is a soul? For the people of the land of Taman a soul is the spirit of a person, reflected in the animal form they can take. Every single person in Taman has a soul and is gifted at the age of 12 with the true form of that soul as well as an in-between form, so they can be human in shape and function and yet wear their soul for the eyes of all.

For centuries, the people of the five kingdoms and the tribal lands surrounding them have lived their lives as they always have: They rule, they trade, they hunt, farm, invent, fight and make peace. Most often all races coexist in harmony.
    Whispers have begun to grow however, rumours of an unnamed evil spreading from the far reaches of their lands. Signs have begun to appear to the wise men and women, the priests and priestesses of many places. They can only agree that bad things are coming. Now and then shadows descend upon a tribe, a village, a family. They are taken, just taken, no evidence left of even their existence save for their empty houses and abandoned camps.

There are a hundred times more stories than there are truths: some say these shadows are great many-legged beasts, that slip in at night and devour hapless people. Others say they are wraiths, soulless human-formed monsters that suck the souls from others and reduce them to the mute animals their souls came from. No one can say for sure, because no one has ever encountered these shadows and come back to speak of it.

This concept is very loosely based off the book series ‘Echoes of the Fall’ by Adrian Tchaikovsky. You do not have to have read the series at all, everything you need will be explained.
This concept will have anthro forms but I welcome the exploration of the four-legged and human forms too, for fighting, character devo etc. There will be a lot of freedom with the background and beliefs of your characters, however this is strictly a medieval rp, so it will be limited in the complexity of the weaponry and technology.
I am hoping post frequency will be every day or two days and this will be a semi-casual to detailed thread with the minimum post length set at one paragraph. I will put a one character per person limit until I know you are consistently active in the thread, then I may allow you to have multiple characters.

This thread is just to see how many people would be willing to give this a good shot.

Main Thread
Lore & Rules
OOC
Characters

The Notes

The thread is now up, I am still accepting ^^

Last edited:
I'd be extremely interested in this!! :3

I am quite interested, it seems to be quite similar to the other anthropomorphic roleplay you are currently or were previously hosting (correction, I was confusing you with one of the staff members (Stonewolf18) which has a very similar idea in concept going on), that I just couldn't make room for in my schedule before, then seeing a similar experience pop up is quite pleasing indeed. I've read through the rules and structures and was wondering if you could offer me answers to my questions surrounding some minor details.

First off, you mention that every child acquires the ability to step into their animalistic forms around age 12. I assume this means that at the beginning the materialization of the anthropomorphic form is what most or all children will be able to achieve. At what age can one expect a child to be able to morph into their full animal form? Additionally, there's the catch of mastering the four legged animal form, in which ways can one expect the inability to fully control the animal form or lacking attunement to the animal soul to show themselves in terms of abilities and appearances? (To name a few examples, you can either deny or affirm these in addition to your feedback: lack of fur at places, malformed body parts, inability to communicate in their animal form? etc.)

Returning to the children and their animal souls, since they can only really do the stepping at a certain age, is that age (around 12) the time that their parents are able to tell which of the souls of the parents, the child has inherited from their parent or are there signs prior to the act of stepping?

My last question is about the relationship between a humanoid holding an animal soul and the animalistic counterpart of say, for example, a common forest bear. If the humanoid is not in their animalistic form, do the animals identify the human as someone of the same species or do they only do that if the user morphs into their full four legged animal form? Or maybe they do not all identify them as someone like them?

I hope, that after several times of making sure that I haven't missed anything in the lore sections, that my questions are not redundant and help to clarify a few minor details surrounding the ascension to animalhood and things surrounding it.

Greetings, Spidersalad.

Last edited:
I am quite interested, it seems to be quite similar to the other anthropomorphic roleplay you are currently or were previously hosting (correction, I was confusing you with one of the staff members (Stonewolf18) which has a very similar idea in concept going on), that I just couldn't make room for in my schedule before, then seeing a similar experience pop up is quite pleasing indeed. I've read through the rules and structures and was wondering if you could offer me answers to my questions surrounding some minor details.

First off, you mention that every child acquires the ability to step into their animalistic forms around age 12. I assume this means that at the beginning the materialization of the anthropomorphic form is what most or all children will be able to achieve. At what age can one expect a child to be able to morph into their full animal form? Additionally, there's the catch of mastering the four legged animal form, in which ways can one expect the inability to fully control the animal form or lacking attunement to the animal soul to show themselves in terms of abilities and appearances? (To name a few examples, you can either deny or affirm these in addition to your feedback: lack of fur at places, malformed body parts, inability to communicate in their animal form? etc.)

Returning to the children and their animal souls, since they can only really do the stepping at a certain age, is that age (around 12) the time that their parents are able to tell which of the souls of the parents, the child has inherited from their parent or are there signs prior to the act of stepping?

My last question is about the relationship between a humanoid holding an animal soul and the animalistic counterpart of say, for example, a common forest bear. If the humanoid is not in their animalistic form, do the animals identify the human as someone of the same species or do they only do that if the user morphs into their full four legged animal form? Or maybe they do not all identify them as someone like them?

I hope, that after several times of making sure that I haven't missed anything in the lore sections, that my questions are not redundant and help to clarify a few minor details surrounding the ascension to animalhood and things surrounding it.

Greetings, Spidersalad.

Hello Spidersalad,

A child can take their animal form right away at 12 or they could take longer.
The forms are either on or off, there is no partial forming, the difficulty lies in holding the form. If a person isn't attuned to their soul they will find the transformation difficult. They may have a suspicion of what animal their soul identifies with but they won't know until the first stepping. Animals will be able to tell the difference between a stepped human and their kin. Body language can't lie.

It seems to be mostly academic at this point anyway, there aren't enough players to start.

personally id love to join this, but i dont know if i can get out a decent post everyday. im willing to put in some effort on the writing and im willing to collaborate, but work and life needs to take priority. weekends especially i have next to zero time for writing. would this be a problem?

personally id love to join this, but i dont know if i can get out a decent post everyday. im willing to put in some effort on the writing and im willing to collaborate, but work and life needs to take priority. weekends especially i have next to zero time for writing. would this be a problem?

No need for every day. Right now posts are happening about once every 4 days. But once a week would be my accepted min ideally.

Man every time I see the title I hear "beast souls of tamen"
Tamen means they in Chinese
the beast souls of they
they beast souls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back