• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Be My Superhero

StatusUndead

The Cutest Undead
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Orb. It's a name that's known throughout the land. It's the hero name of Garuth Tear. It's a name you don't want to hear if you're a villain. When you're at your lowest point, when all seems lost, it's the name that you want to hear. Orb is the name of the most famous hero. It is a name that will be spoken of, even long after Garuth's end.

Orb may seem like a simple name for one that garners so much praise. Well, it is. As Garuth would say, he is no one special. His only ability lies within the manipulation of his orbs. He would say that everyone has the potential for greatness, even if it seems their own talents are lacking. Even his casual way of speaking tends to inspire others.

Garuth Tear, despite his fame, is not an imposing figure. He stands at an even six feet tall. His ear length hair is feathered about, it's chocolatey color compliments his fair skin. His well rounded face and soft features make him easy to approach. His smile is enough to melt even the most hardened of hearts. He is considered by many to be the most perfect person who has ever lived.

His seeming perfection isn't always a good thing, though. There are several religious cults based around various myths and lore that worship him. There are also those that say he is too good to be true. Of course, that is nonsense. Garuth is constantly in the limelight. And in the modern times, no one could keep up such a ruse without ever having a slip up, since cameras are everywhere. Despite this, there are those that speak ill of him. Even describe him as a monster. Though those nonsensical rambings are dismissed as jealousy.

Although there are many heroes that dot the lands, as necessary to combat the plethora of villainy, Orb does not adorn himself in fanciful outfits, as most are wont to do. Instead, he just wears mundane clothes. Varying types of t-shirts or sweaters, shorts or jeans. Though one thing always stands out. He is always seen wearing a cloak that appears to be made out of a gray metal that flows like the finest silk.

Orb gets his name from the unique orbs he carries on his person at all times. No one's really sure what they are, their material or how they work. In interviews, Garuth has said that they have always been there, from his earliest memories. His orbs are capable of seemingly infinite things. They can take on the shape and function of just about anything imaginable. The cloak he wears is just one such example. Though Garuth is not one for being flashy, the cloak serves as a way to carry his other orbs. He keeps them in various pockets around his waist, or in the cloak, or even attached, as though through magnetism.

Havasu is the city in which Garuth resides. It's a massive city that adorns the nearby lake of the same name, Lake Havasu. It's size leads it to be a multi-faceted city. It has towering skyscrapers clustered around the downtown area. It is also part beach city, once you apprach the lake. There also large swatches of agricultural areas used for farming various foods and animals.

Despite the city being set up as though it were a utopia, it was anything but. Even though the name of Orb should be enough to deter all crime, the city seems to be always attracting villains. No one really knows why. Some say it's because foes wish to challenge the mighty Orb, but in reality, most villains fear going up against him. Other theories say that his aura attracts danger, or that it's just the natural balance of the universe. There are as many theories as there are questions.

Today was no different. A winged reptillian was trying to attack passenger aircraft. Though Orb was on the scene before anyone even had time to panic. Despite having the body of an average human, his orbs can help him achieve flight, even at high speeds. From machines like jetpacks, hovering platforms and the like, it's rather easy for him to move around, despite his environment. He quickly and effortlessly defeated the foe. The reptillian was already promising to turn his life around as he was being handed over to the local authorities. Though this wasn't always the outcome, it wasn't uncommon either. It's said that his charisma alone could raise or destroy entire nations.

His orbs served many functions. One of them was receiving messages. Anything from tips from local authorities or public forums asking for aid and tracking illegal activity, to various automated alerts set up throughout the city. One such alert came through now. Orb pulled out a small orb, allowing its contents to be displayed. An alert for a robbery attempt several blocks away.

Orb gave a knowing smile at the orb. It caused several nearby people to swoon audibly. He looked up to his onlooking fans. Although he spent a great deal of time interacting with them whenever he could, he had to wave them off.

"While I love all people, and wish I could chat with each and every one of you, there are people that need help. I can not abandon them," came the heroic voice of Orb, marking his departure.

If he had known that the Orb was only a mere blocks away, Aiden might've put in the effort to think of another quick way to earn some cash. But as the saying goes, desperate times called for desperate measures. Up until this point, he hadn't resorted to breaking and entering in a while. Not since his teenage days when he had less regard for the potential consequences he might face if he were caught in the act. Sure, he still lifted whatever he could discretely fit in his pockets from stores to sell every now and again but that never felt too risky. He mostly earned his cash through charging members of his community for use of his services. See, he had the seemingly mystic capability of repairing things, people, anything. So often those living off the same couple of blocks he had called home for years now would come to him if they needed a small technical repair or had gotten hurt. He never earned enough, though, as those in his community often struggled financially as well, and he had more empathy for them than the jewelry store owners he was about to rob.

Aiden could've ventured out to richer parts of the city and offer his abilities, but the fact he had powers was something he preferred to keep to himself. He always had a sense of paranoia of how others might exploit him if the fact he was meta ever got out. Apparently viewing it as a greater risk than being caught in the middle of the robbery.

He only needed 300 hundred more dollars. He finally found an apartment of his own. One that didn't run credit checks, and that allowed him to avoid showing proof of insurance as long as he paid two months of rent up front. He was almost there. He just needed three hundred more dollars by tomorrow morning, so his plan was to break into 'Authentic Diamonds', disarm the alarm, take a piece of jewelry, and then pawn it in the morning.

That's all he had to do, and afterwards he wouldn't have to couch surf anymore. He wouldn't have to spend nights in his car praying that it would avoid being towed. Things will be so much easier as long as he just followed the simple steps.

Disarm the alarm.

Take a piece of jewelry.

Pawn it in the morning.

He bit his bottom lip, he could fill the divots caused by the crack in his lips and taste how dry they are. Long thinned fingers combed through curly brunette locks as he gathered his composure. He sucked in his breath, lingering just outside the store he savored his last few moments as an innocent man. Balling his hand into a fist he utilized a spring loaded window punch to shatter the glass to the entrance. A few dusting of the shattered glass managed to cut his hand in the process, but besides the initial sting of the cut the wounds closed themselves shortly after. Placing his hand on the edge of the frame, as if reversing the action the glass seemed to pick itself up and form back into place.

Disarm the alarm.

Take a piece of jewelry.

Pawn it in the morning.

The shattering of the glass didn't cause the high pitched screech of an alarm so they must've had a silent one installed. It was just a matter of figuring out where. Oblivious that a signal had already alerted the highest authority in the area, he thought he might still have time. So he made his way to the back, it only too him a few moments to find the alarm and snap the wires.

"Okay..." He said exhaling deeply. "Now let's get out of here."

Luckily for him snagging a piece of jewelry wasn't too difficult, as it seemed as if the closing clerk had left the key to the showcases in plain view. He grabbed a necklace that seemed to have enough of a diamond to get him what he needed, not being too picky on the selection for the sake of breivity. He stalled momentarily, considering that he might've saw the silhouette of something pass by he ducked behind the counter. Placing the jewelry in his pocket, he held his breath. It could easily be his mind playing tricks on him. But in the moment it felt real, and in the moment he was frozen. It felt as if time had stopped, and he could hear his heart thumping against his chest as his mind raced with possible excused for why he might be in here.

Orb quickly arrived at a diamond store named Authentic Diamonds. He was able to confirm the whereabouts of the trespasser by using an orb to hijack the inside cameras. Despite this, there appeared to be no sign of entry. That intrigued Orb. He wondered if it meant they had abilities, or if they were just extremely talented. He thought talent seemed a little less likely, since they did trip the silent alarm.

Orb kept an eye on the inside cameras as he casually waltzed by, gently whistling all the while. He turned down the nearby alley and deftly set to work. He wanted to leave quickly. The alley wasn't well maintained and had a strong odor of trash and body odor.

He placed an orb on the wall opposite the jewelery store. It opened up and flattened against the dirty bricks. He placed another one against the store, directly behind where the criminal was cowering. That part amused Orb. That orb spread apart and created a field that allowed matter to pass through the wall. Orb chucked a third orb at the man through the opening. The orb opened up and latched around his chest. Immediately after it clamped down, it launched backwards, towing the hapless fellow along, until it attached to the metal plate Orb originally set up.

The look on the man's faced amused Orb further. Before he could protest, Orb raised a hand to silence him. He expertly lifted the stolen merchandise off his persons before attaching it to another orb. That one would travel back into the store and return it, as well as repair the alarm system. Once the task was complete, both that orb and the one acting as a window returned to their spherical shapes and tucked themselves away within Orb's cloak.

Only then did he turn back towards the man. He thought he looked rather scruffy. Perhaps it was the nervous sweat. A quick glance confirmed a camera was able to see them. Seems it was time to be a hero yet again. Orb put on his best smile. In a voice that could make one believe they were being lightly chastised by a loving parent he said, "I'm Garuth. Tell me you're name?"

He would then follow up with a, "Why were you stealing merchandise from here?" He accompanied his statement with a wave of his arm, indicating said store. He waited patiently and with a kind smile for the man to finish.

Aiden froze as the spherical shape came towards him, from his perspective coming nearly out of nowhere. He didn't have time to react before metal clamped around his chest, Aiden letting out a sharp gasp as it took hold squeezing too tight for comfort. He let out a startled yelp as he was pulled back, struggling against the restraints with his hazel eyes glued shut. Of course, any attempt he made to free himself was futile as there was no way he could possibly outmatch solid metal. He took a stabilizing breath, attempting to gain some semblance of composure before opening his eyes and shifting his gaze towards his captor.

He parted his lips as if to speak, but before he could he was silenced by the other. As Aiden settled the other's features began to come in to tune. It didn't take long before he realized who exactly was in front of him.

It was Orb. The metropolitan's resident superhero, and probably one of the most well respected heroes in the nation. Not only that, but he had been an object of Aiden's mild obsession since he had debuted. Aiden was always fascinated about how the spheres of his work, and to see it in action---everything going seamlessly non the less, it should've been a dream. But not a second later the trouble he was in dawned on him. He couldn't afford to go to jail, he couldn't afford the bail, being apprehended was his worst nightmare and by his idol nonetheless---

This was embarrassing, and Aiden could feel the pressure build up inside his head, the air around him felt heavy as he had trouble deciphering the words being spoken to him. His eyes were wide, he must've looked like a deer in headlights although he felt more like a rat caught in a trap. He blinked, trying to make sense of the words the other had just spoken as the taller man was looking on him expectantly.

"I-I'm sorry..." He blurted out, sucking in his breath once more as he finally made sense of what was said to him. He shifted as much as the restraints would allow, now casting his gaze else well. His cheeks were bright red telling of his emotion.

"I-My name its Riley." He said. He felt like not giving his real name at this moment was the best idea. There was a slimmer of hope the hero would pity him. He didn't think he appeared as some--bad guy, but what did that even mean? Could he convince the hero to look the other way? Orb, from Aiden's knowledge, always seemed to make the moral choice.

"I-Uh-I am a huge fan. I mean." He felt as if his tongue was swelling at the back of his throat. Any minute now his heart would burst from his chest he knew it. God, this was pathetic. He was pathetic. "I mean. That's not why I-I did--what I did-or what y'think I did. I-I obviously didn't know..."

He tilted his head back, sucking in his breath once more he started once more.

" The apartment--Shit--uh--I mean--uh. I am trying to get into an apartment. I. I don't really have one right now and they are hard to get into. And I have one I-I am just a little short on funds this month that's all. I was just planning to take that really. Kind of as a loan. Pawn it and get it back once I earn a little extra cash. I know it's no excuse but you just asked for the reason so there it is..."

He let out a sigh drooping his head momentarily, before his wide eyes hazard another glance at the hero before him.

"Y'now I wasn't just saying that I was a fan though to get out of this, like I really am a big one. I usually don't...do this. It's not who I wanna be. I have bigger dreams." He explained, voice cracking as he spoke. "But. Like...I really like you. When I was a teenager I stood in line in the near freezing rain for an hour just to get your autograph. At one point I owned every comic made in your honor. Every time I went to your meet and greets you were so nice to me. It's been kinda cool having someone like you to look up to."

Riley... It was such an obvious lie. Even if Orb didn't have a variety of readings from his attached device, pulse, sweat, temperature, all indicative of a lie, he could see with his own eyes. Though, reading people always came easy to Garuth. It helped with the upkeep of his image. He raised an eyebrow as his captive blurted out all manner of excuses and useful information, though Orb offered no indication of what he knew. He found him amusing.

Orb stood by, patiently waiting for the amusing ramblings to come to a close. The man definitely didn't disappoint as he finished with an admittance of liking him. Orb's regal voice poured forth, "Well, if you like me so much, why don't you marry me?" This was followed with his signature booming laugh. A laugh befitting a king, which came in stark contrast with the childish remark he had just made. It was a tactic he used to help disarm others and make himself seem more approachable. Appearing as a perfect hero can make one think they have no chance of speaking to them, let alone even being worthy of being in their presence. Orb was a hero of the people.

As his laughter died down, he continued, "What'd you say your name was again, Aiden?" He casually mentioned their real name, despite them using a fake name. One of Orb's specialties was gathering information. His orbs keep track of many things and have access to many records, so finding out was child's play. Not that Orb needed the facial recognition and various other means to figure out who Aiden was, since he also remembers every person he's ever signed an autograph to.

"So, Aiden, why don't you come live with me?" Orb extended his hand in invitation. This was one of Orb's joys, presenting unexpected options out of the blue. There were several factors that led him to this offer. Firstly, Orb found Aiden quite amusing, the way he gets flustered over their admiration of him. Secondly, the footage from the alley camera will likely get leaked. Heroes always seem more heroic when they do good deeds when they think no one's watching. It also tickled him pink, wondering how Aiden would respond, or if he even caught on to him using his real name as opposed to his provided name. Orb awaited his answer with a smile full of mirth, despite the horrid stench of the alley.

Aiden found himself taken off guard by the other's statement. He stared at his mentor in bewilderment of his lighthearted proposal, letting out a nervous chuckle along with the bellowing laughter. But the polite grin faded quickly once the other called on his fib. He bit his bottom lip, shifting his gaze once more he gave a bit of a nod when the other corrected him. Of course he couldn't get away with the lie, Orb---or Garuth--he was far too smart for that. His technology was far too advanced, within mere moments his identity, his blood type, his vitals, his history was probably already accessible to the hero. He had clearly been asking out of courtesy and Aiden's response was a spit in the face.

He had only been stuck bound by the other's tech for a few moments and already he was feeling claustrophobic. He didn't know how much more his heart could take, and his mind was racing. What could he do? What could he say to convince the hero to take pity on him? He had been lucky enough until now to avoid getting caught until now. But it was devastating because he had almost made it. Some form of security was on it's way he had planned on never coming back to this state. He was never going to steal again, he was going to live an honest life it had simply been a tough few years. He was so close to reaching a turning point and for a moment it felt as if it all was going to be pulled from his reach. Of course, he couldn't have possibly anticipate the proposition the hero was ready to give him.

He stared up at the hero for a moment after he spoke, eyebrows furrowed as if he was trying to make sense of the words. He was waiting to hear a reprise of the other's over enthusiastic laughter. He was waiting for the Hero to pull the rug in front of him, or have this be a set up to some joke where the punchline was about him rotting in jail for the rest of the days. But nothing followed. No clear indication that it was some type of farce, and Aiden was clearly expected to say something.

"I...Wait...I'm sorry, what?" Aiden said, shaking his head as if rebooting after being stuck in a state of shock.

"I don't know that's really...really generous of you. But why would you offer something like that. You have a reputation of being generous but this is...does this mean I'm off the hook?"

"I mean...don't get me wrong I'm really grateful. And I could use a place to stay. Maybe for a night or two if that's not too much? You won't even know I'm there just...a couch or something to sleep on and a shower would be nice. I wouldn't stay for long, I promise. As I said, I'm figuring things out--and I'll figure out food too. I just don't understand why you would go this out of your way...for a thief."

Orb was not disappointed by the boy. He found himself bursting with laughter as their facial expressions fluctuated between confusion, guilt and hope. He let Aiden finish before he spoke, "Off the hook? For what?" Orb looked around, a look of mild confusion on his face, "Was there a crime comitted? I see no evidence of a crime."

Orb waited for the expressions to form on Aiden's face before laughing and continuing, "Everyone makes mistakes, and I can tell you're a good kid," came his magnanimous voice, "and I think you misunderstand me." Garuth moved to touch each of his spheres that he had used, to reset his commands for them. This only required a mental command and physical contact, so it took but a moment. He continued speaking as he moved, "I don't mean I'll take you in for a couple of nights," he chuckled mirthfully, "I mean I'll take you in. As an apprentice."

Orb paused just long enough to let Aiden start speaking before he started to fly. His orbs, including the captive Aiden, followed. His orbs had the ability to fly, though no one knew what kind of propulsion system they used. His cloak utilized the same capability, since it was also one of his orbs. This allowed him to fly.

The band around Aiden's chest grew to cover more surface area, fitting to his form for a more comfortable harness. Orb continued his speech as he rose into the sky, the boy in tow, "I've always wished I could take in more people, especially children," lamented Orb, "unfortantely, they require more care and attention than I can give." Orb looked back at his follower, a light-hearted, mischievous smile, "You, though, don't need such attention. Besides, you have a gift, don't you? I believe that could come in handy when helping people. Would you mind telling me what you can do?" This was, like his name, a rhetorical question. He already knew the answer. Though he still expected an answer nontheless, as though it were perfectly normal to have a conversation while soaring through the air, all the while people were staring upwards, pointing and cheering as the wind swept through their hair.

Aiden seemed to relax a little at the other's act. It was abundantly clear he wouldn't face consequence for his attempted crime, and although he still found himself in a strange predicament, it seemed the majority of his worry seem to melt away. He smiled at the ground almost sheepishly, mouthing "thank you" as if he had lost the use of his voice. His heart fluttered in his chest at the other's kind words. It wasn't often that people outside of it understood.

His eyes rounded as he turned his attention to Orb once more.

"Apprentice?" He repeated. Once again the hero had left him dumbfounded. He had follow up questions, of course, but before he could wrap his mind around the other's offer he was swept away. He took in a shrill breath, eyes practically bulging out of his head as he felt he might pass out from cardiac arrest. He wasn't used to be this high off the ground. Of course his idol wouldn't let him fall, right? That would be quite the grim fate. He had witnessed the other perform something close to this a dozen times before as a bystander, but it was far more anxiety inducing being the one dragged along for the ride than he would've expected. But of course, Orb wouldn't let him down or let him get hurt, he just had to have faith.

"Children? No--I mean I can take care of myself better than a kid, I guess." He called at the other through the howling wind. His stomach was churning as he found the best course of action was to keep his eyes shut, eyebrows furrowed with the strain. He hesitated at the next question. Of course, he could attempt to lie again but the other had plainly called him on his bluff before. And plus he couldn't imagine Orb doing anything nefarious with it, if anything he was just offered an opportunity to help out more in need.

"I can heal uh...people, things, mostly surface wounds. It's not anything too revolutionary but it saves people from the hospital bill and I guess the recovering process is easier on people. I mean--it happens kind of automatically for me too so I don't usually have to sit with recovery pain."

Orb smiled to himself. It was his warm, practiced smile. He was pleased with his new apprentice. They learned quickly. Now they know they can't deceive him. That was a good lesson to learn early. Though, Orb though, there were still many more lessons to come.

The pair approached the highest floor of the tallest building on the skyline. Garuth wasn't known for being lavish and hoarding money. In fact, he gave most of it away. He made most of his money through donations. He had many billionaire benefactors. Though he did use a portion of that money for the entire top floor of this building. He had it converted into his home.

His home was decorated in the minimalist style. He had little besides what was needed. He's always said that the money he could spend on things was better spent on helping the needy. His home is, however, quite high tech. It had an entire section of the wall that opened up so he didn't have to travel up and down the whole building every time he had to answer a call for help.

The walls did just that as the two came closer. Garuth came in for a gentle landing, bringing Aiden down in a similar manner. The orb/harness around Aiden had detached and returned itself beneath Garuth's cloak. Since he didn't touch the orb to update the command, that means he had programmed it as such before they even took off. As that transpired, Garuth walked deeper into his home, arms outstretched, "Welcome to my humble abode," came his virtuous voice, "Feel free to make yourself at home. Pick any room you like for yourself. Make yourself a snack, relax, whatever you want. I'll send an orb to gather your things and bring them. For now, though, I have another call I need to answer. I'll be back later." He motioned with his hands towards the various parts of his home, and without even allowing Aiden a chance to speak, Orb left.

The house was various shades of grays, white and light blues. There was a large kitchen area with a well-stocked fridge. Utensils and cookware, everything a kitchen needed. An entertainment room with a large television. A hallway with several bedrooms lining each side, though none showed any indication anyone else lived there. The beds were neatly made, with basic amenities such as dressers and lamps in each one.

Although there was a lot of space, it seemed almost as if no one lived there. There didn't even appear to be a bedroom with Garuth's belongings. Everything was also organized perfectly, as though it were a house set up for display. Even the fridge was perfectly set up. No stains, no food out of place as though people rummaged around, or had leftovers. The only signs of life were several of Orb's orbs about. They were put there for security.

Aiden didn't know why, but the way the other smiled at him made his heart flutter. He felt a mild sense of relief, as if being earnest would hold some form of payoff. To be completely honest, Aiden still wasn't a hundred percent sure on what was happening. He still haven't determined if this was real or some type of dream, but he figured that going with the flow of it rather than resisting it would be the best way to go about it. Besides, what would he have to complain about? Sure, Orb had more or less just kidnapped him, but he was an idol and he was doing Aiden a favor. He wasn't kidnapping him he was saving him. And although Aiden was still about clueless on what being the heroes apprentice truly entailed he could at least rest easy for the night.

He felt a sense of relief when his feet were planted back on the ground. He rubbed his arms as the harness finally detached now giving him a sense of freedom. He needed a moment to take it all in. The air seemed fresher here, easier to breathe, cleaner even. The walls seemed just thick enough, or maybe they were just far away enough, to be removed from the noise of the city. The ever present smell of diesel and sewage didn't infect Orb's pristine household. Actually, the more that Aiden took in his surroundings it began to dawn on him just how unnerving the cleanliness was. The home was very modestly furnished. And his presence alone felt like he was tainting the space.

He never felt this much out of place before.

He took a few steps around the abode, attempting to make sense of what room lead to where. This place hardly looked lived in at all. He parted his lips to make a comment, a statement of appreciation--he really needed the hone it in--and acknowledge his statement. But when he turned to address him he was already gone.

"Okay..." Aiden muttered under his breath. A hand pressed to the back of his neck, it was as if he could feel the sweat and grime clinging to his skin. Maybe a shower was the first move, Orb seemed to like to keep things tidy. But he didn't know how long Orb would be gone, he didn't have a change of clothes with him, and he couldn't pass up a certain opportunity.

He had always wondered what the hero's room might've looked like. Well, not always---but at this very moment he did and since the other was away he'd use this opportunity to itch his curiously. He knew there must be cameras everywhere, but it would be easy enough to feign getting lost within the walls of the house and accidentally stumbling to the heroes room as long as he didn't linger too long. Maybe an orb would stop him, but it was worth a shot. enSo that's what he did, turning door knobs until he reached the one that--by process of elimination--had to be the other's private abode. As there was no more left. But oddly enough each bedroom was as vacant as the last, and it left Aiden wondering if the hero actually lived here.

Left to his own devices he finally decided that showering might've been his best option.

After defeating a giant, mutated spider monster, with no collateral damage, Orb was beckoned by nearby reporters. He was always being followed. It sometimes made things difficult for Orb, since he had to watch out for all the extra people. People that have such blind faith in him that they walk straight into dangerous situations because they feel absolutely safe. Luckily, so far at least, there have been no incidents worse than a few scrapes and bruises.

"Orb! Orb! A video was leaked just moments ago of you taking on an apprentice! It appears that they had also just committed a crime! Can you comment on that?" Asked a reporter. The giant spider monster wasn't really a concern. Saving the city from calamity was as normal as brushing one's teeth, so why make a big fuss about it?

Orb spoke as he descended to the ground, his voice carrying with heroic authority, "Haha, I wasn't expecting anyone to see that," a blatant lie, it was all part of his plan, "ahem," he feigned taking a moment to think as he landed, wearing his perfect smile for the camera.

"You see, no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Yes, that includes me. While I've been fortunate enough to have zero civillian casualties under my belt, people have been hurt. Roads have been damaged. And upon looking back at my battles, I see mistakes I have made, clear routes I could have taken to avoid those injuries and damages." Orb paced around, waving his hands animatedly to accentuate his point, "I have been fortunate enough to have wealth and power, though not everyone has that luxury. So for others, while lives may not be on the line when they make mistakes, some well-intentioned people can find themselves turning to crime to support themselves. These are the times we should be seeking to help those people, not shame and punish them. For with the right opportunities, you never know which diamonds in the rough have the potential to change the world for the better."

The crowd ooh'd and ahh'd at his words. Of course, these are the same things regular people have been saying for centuries. Though, coming from Orb, the words seem to carry more weight. Have more worth. Orb worked to calm the crowd so they don't push and shove each other and cause injuries, all while simultaneously chatting with people and signing autographs. He always had time for others.

Just then, he detected a high speed object. It was aimed in his direction, thrown from some winged villain far above. No one else had noticed yet. It would be a simple matter for Orb to stop the object, but he had a plan. He calculated the trajectory, and masterfully manipulated the crowd, all without anyone else noticing. The object, which turned out to be a large pebble, launched straight through the chest of a teenage boy. Miraculously, or so everyone would think, missing all vital organs. And now the theater began.

Orb glanced towards the sky. He quickly located the villain. He sent several orbs to deal with them. A few to deflect further projectiles, and a few more to detain them. It was a rather simple affair. Without waiting to see how it unfolded, he turned back towards the boy, who had only just hit the ground. He lunged towards him as he urged everyone to give him space.

He performed a quick diagnostic of the wound. "I-I... I don't think I can fix this," the mood of the crowd grew somber, "but, I do know someone who can! Until they get here, we need to stem the bleeding and buy the boy as much time as possible!" Orb sent one of his orbs to fetch Aiden from his home.

The villain was already apprehended and whisked away to prison by the time Orb's orb would return with Aiden. Orb motioned towards the injured teen, "He's injured. I can't help him. But you can. You're the only one. I believe in you!"

The shower that Aiden took felt like a luxury. The water was hot enough to feel like it singed his skin as steam rolled from the water fogging the bathroom. The water pressure was perfect, droplets raining on him with enough force that it massaged achy joints. The room smelt of lavender and spice, the shampoo used like sandalwood. By the time he had finished his shower and dried himself off it appeared as if an orb had dropped off his items. Rummaging through piles of clothing in search for something clean.

He settled on a plain black t-shirt and a pair of cargo shirts. He pursed his lips, tugging at a frayed edges at the bottom of the shorts due to wear and tear of frequent use. Once the fog from the mirror cleared he looked at himself in the mirror. He looked better than before, a bit more refreshed. But his skin was still pale and bags still hung heavy under his eyes. His muscles were still tight and he didn't feel as if He took a moment, inspecting himself a bit closer. A few fingers ran through drench raven locks. He took a deep breath before turning to exit the bathroom.

Upon turning to the main room he noticed an orb floating near him. It was following him, hovering close by. He hadn't seen any of the other orbs take such an interest in him, and found it almost enduring. Of course unaware of the aftermath of Orb's fight with a mutated spider monster he didn't really know why this one was taking such an interest in him. Slowly, almost cautiously, he extended his arm forward lightly tapping the floating sphere. Whether it was purely by coincidence or his touch actually triggered something the sphere seemed to spring into action. The harness he had been strapped into earlier making a reprise, attaching around him against his will and began dragging him towards an already opened window. He attempted to dig his heels into the ground and pull against the orb.

"No-No-No!" He said, shaking his head thinking he had made a terrible mistake. But he couldn't overpower the spherical robot and instead had to squeeze his eyes shut as the orb pulled him out of the edge of the window.

One terrifying journey later, he found himself planted onto the ground gently. As soon as his heart stopped drumming in his throat he noticed Orb motioning him towards something. He found himself in front of a crowd, surrounded by newscasters and other citizens with confused and concerned expressions on their faces it wasn't until Aiden's eyes focused on where Orb was directing him that he realized what exactly had happened. The other's words finally making sense to him as he moved towards the teenager.

He didn't have time to think, he had to act fast. He had never used his power in front of a crowd this large. Actually, he specifically had tried to avoid doing so. But right now he didn't really have an option did he? He wasn't going to let this kid die due to a life long paranoia over how the world might treat him if they knew of his ability. The cameras didn't do much to encourage him.

"Right..." Aiden said swallowing a lump in his throat he made his way to the other. A hand moving over the wound on the teenagers chest he closed his eyes putting his focus on the spot. In a few moments, the wound seemed to close in on itself soon healing as if the injury had never occurred in the first place. Not even a scar was left from the impact, the pebble ending up in Aiden's hands as the teenager began to stir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back