BBCoding Help? Ideas?

Defective Kitten

The Defectivest of Them All
Hello~! I know I probably should've asked this when the site first updated but I thought that maybe if people had time with the new site they'd discover new and cool ways to BBCode with the limited amount of flexibility we have now. 

Anyways, I was just curious and wondering are there any neat suggestions for any type of BBCoding whether it be for your character or your IC posts? I've already seen some pretty nice looking ones but I can't think of them now that I actually think about it. Before the whole site change, I was actually pretty decent at BBCoding and now that its gone, I'm slightly disappointed at how boring my posts look. But nonetheless, I've already somewhat adjusted since its been a few months(?) already. 

My main question is suggestions on how you can BBCode your character sheet to make it look nicer/neater as well as how to BBC your character intro in your posts. Does that make sense?

i.e. 

[Picture]

Bob the Builder | Mind Control [<-power]

Bob woke up that day realizing that no, he cannot fix it. "Margret," Shouting to his wife who had already been up since the crack of dawn, "Yes darling?" Popping her head into their bedroom with a quirky little smile she always had on your face, "I.. can't fix it." And that was when the fire nation attacked.

Or something like that, I don't know man. Just looking for ideas.

We don't have access to BBC code anymore. However you should have enough posts to try using HTML.

It's the source button on the far left of your post.

This is a good cheat sheet for trying out HTML

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I didn't know what else to call it other than BBCoding but now i know its called HTML :)

Have a blessed day 

300x150

"CHARACTER ROLE"

NAME ♦ AGE ♦ GENDER ♦ EXTRA

This is where you will put information about your character. It can be a post, backstory, personality, etc.

If you want to make the scroll bar wider go to where it says div style and width:300px and change the number. Once you change this number you need to change the number for the scrollbar div which is width:316. Make sure that whatever number the scroll bar becomes it is 16 more than the regular width. For the height you can change that where it says height:200px.

If you want to change the color of the header line go to where you see hr style and change the color from red. Also make sure that if you make any changes you remember to close the tag.
Example: say you want to change the width and height. look for where it says height:200px; and change the number. But be sure to put a px; after to keep the tag.

Also to make a new paragraph you just go to the part of the codes where it says "This is where you put information..." and add in a <*br><*br> after your paragraph ( remove the * )

Lastly to use the HTML codes you must first click the SOURCE button. It should be on the far right corner of your post. ( I'll put a screenshot in spoilers below.

Here's a link to the codes basic profile

sourcebutton.png

Also here's a simple post layout using your example

400x100

Bob the Builder | Mind Control 

Bob woke up that day realizing that no, he cannot fix it. "Margret," Shouting to his wife who had already been up since the crack of dawn, "Yes darling?" Popping her head into their bedroom with a quirky little smile she always had on your face, "I.. can't fix it." And that was when the fire nation attacked.

The codes can be found here : Simple Layout

Currently the Width is 400px but you can make it wider if you like. 

I got the placeholder image from this site : http://placehold.it/

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back