• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Resource bbcoder - BBCode Generation Tool [0.2.0]

Hi! I love your app, but I'm not quite sure how the templates work. From what I understood: templates don't have to be defined in each post ('cept when you're creating one, ofc) versus classes, which do. Am I completely off track? And can templates be applied site-wide or only on the thread you're posting in?

Hi! I love your app, but I'm not quite sure how the templates work. From what I understood: templates don't have to be defined in each post ('cept when you're creating one, ofc) versus classes, which do. Am I completely off track? And can templates be applied site-wide or only on the thread you're posting in?

Not quite. The idea behind a template is the same as a class, but the difference is that a class holds properties (usually CSS, but can be any option parameter) while a template holds BBCode. So say you often find yourself copy-pasting the same pieces of BBCode repeatedly, only changing one thing every time, you could instead use a template with a parameter that you then change for every use.

I have to warn you though that the bbcoder add-on is likely to stop working once these forums are upgraded to XenForo 2. Though, when that happens, you might find you won't need bbcoder anymore...

Not quite. The idea behind a template is the same as a class, but the difference is that a class holds properties (usually CSS, but can be any option parameter) while a template holds BBCode. So say you often find yourself copy-pasting the same pieces of BBCode repeatedly, only changing one thing every time, you could instead use a template with a parameter that you then change for every use.

I have to warn you though that the bbcoder add-on is likely to stop working once these forums are upgraded to XenForo 2. Though, when that happens, you might find you won't need bbcoder anymore...

Ah. Thank you for clearing that up!

Important Update for all current (and future) bbcoder users: I will not be developing or maintaining bbcoder any further. The extension should continue to work for the foreseeable future, but I encourage everyone to stop depending on it at some point in the future (the command-line tool should continue to work just fine).

Why? Because interesting things are coming this way...

yFrEKxD.png

... soon.

giphy.gif

I'm waiting with bated breath, Lyro. Totally not a stalker or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back