BBC Code Block

call me rae

Closing this account
<p>

Anyone else ever get that sensation? Where you trying to think of a new kind of coding to do to spice things up and your mind goes blank? Any suggestions for how to go about fixing it?

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I get this all the time, tbh. I recently had to close my shop because I'm lacking in the motivation department for codes.

My tip is to go through the character feedback section, it might give you inspiration. Looking at color palettes can also be helpful. Lately, I've been browsing Tumblr character pages for inspiration and it's been helpful.

Pictures.

I honestly just stare at really aesthetically pleasing pictures and I eventually end up working them into a code or something.

Ambivalence said:
Pictures.
I honestly just stare at really aesthetically pleasing pictures and I eventually end up working them into a code or something.
Lol I do this too. Good to know I'm not alone :)

@Eunoia that's a good suggestion as well I'll have to look into it.

i get this a hell of a lot and all of my macros look pretty much the same smh

but no, i think the best cure is to look at really well-made websites. you won't be coding in html and css, but it can be a great boost to find the cool layouts other people have made. then you can take inspiration and draw up your own layout, then work that kind of image into bbcode step by step.

that probably wasn't much use, but if you are interested in a single website where you can find a hell of a lot of unique layouts, try the css zen garden which is a site where people just submit their own individual layouts for the same website.

Twixt said:
i get this a hell of a lot and all of my macros look pretty much the same smh
but no, i think the best cure is to look at really well-made websites. you won't be coding in html and css, but it can be a great boost to find the cool layouts other people have made. then you can take inspiration and draw up your own layout, then work that kind of image into bbcode step by step.

that probably wasn't much use, but if you are interested in a single website where you can find a hell of a lot of unique layouts, try the css zen garden which is a site where people just submit their own individual layouts for the same website.
I literally just went on that site and have already found some new layouts I'm gonna use as inspo. Thank y o u!

oh! oh it's working already that is a good thing yes oh um you're welcome teehee >///<

God... blocks... x3 x They are awful. I went through that when all the new coding stuff came out. Just over saturated myself. Wound up taking a step back and entered lurker mode. All it took was some pretty awesome music to get right back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back