• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Battle for Louisville: A Civil War Roleplay

AdmiralKerkov

A Navy Man
Disclaimer: Now this roleplay would of course follow all RPN rules, but I would like to further say to please avoid ALL Rascism or offensive comments. You can swear and use old timey insults they would say back then like 'Damn Yanks' or 'To hell with those Dixies.' but ABSOLUTELY nothing that involves race, gender, or something that might offend someone. If you are offended by the sight of the Confederate flag (Or the union flag for I do not know what reason.) please don't give me hate comments, just ignore and leave the page. It is one of my rights as a citizen of the United States of America to display this flag on the page(For accurate historical roleplay.), although I do not support what it stands for.

Battle For Louisville

Union-Confederate-Flag.gif

[media]

[/media]

This is a roleplay where we will fight a fictional battle for the city of Louisville, a city that was not in a conflict during the American Civil War. We woud not use any actual historical figures (Or at least we won't roleplay as them) in this roleplay. The main battle would take place in the north-east corner of this map, above and below the fort picket line.

loucivilwar-image5.jpg

Which is modern day Springville west of charlestown state park. The fort line would be controlled by the CSA including the city and everything south of the forts. The Union would control the northeastern section of the map. the goal is for the Union to pass the forts, and take the city.

Force Placement,

The Union begins with 41,000 Soldiers in four different units. It also is mobilized with 14 canons to be used as a modifier during battle. The Confederates begin with 31,000 soldiers and 10 canons (Canons in forts not included) They also start with 5 forts which add huge modifiers and each carry 2 canons that cannot be moved and will become Union canons if taken. There is also a third force which can be commanded called the Louisville guerrillas who can fight either way (It would make more sense if they fought for the CSA though) Here is a battle placement map which shall be changed over the movement of all three forces:

battle_for_louisville_by_hardenedtrooper-d9hl5mx.png

And forces can be split up, or can be divided from a large force into two smaller ones (Or three, or four, etc.)

Positions and Commands,

For each army (Including the Guerrillas) there is an ultimate leader who controls the entire army, if there are not enough players directly controls the biggest force. They are the ones who do the most strategy for the bigger picture. Lower ranks like Colonel and below control the forces directly and lead the attacks. They can make decisions on how and if the army actually does what the general says. Here are the positions for each army:

Union:

Major General(22kBrigade):

Colonel(10kBrigade):

2xMajor(5kBrigades):

CSA:

Major General(21kBrigade):

5xCaptain(2kBrigades):

Guerrilla Army:

Guerrilla Leader:

Battle Modifiers and Systems,

For every soldier unit that numbers 1-5k roll one 5 sided die.

Every unit between 6-15k roll two 5 sided die. (All Guerrilla Units must roll amount of dice unless smaller unit than 6k)

Every unit between 16-40k roll three 5 sided die. (Exempt for Guerrillas)

All units 40k+ roll four 5 sided die. (Allied units ((For instance the Guerrillas and the Confederates)) cannot combine as one single unit)

Canons add a .5 extra modifier to the roll.

Forts (Which have to be covered to be use defense) when attacked the attacking force has a -5 modifier to the roll.

When inside city all units (Exempt of Guerrillas) have a -3 modifier to their roll

Final thoughts,

Now this would be my first time hosting a Dice roleplay and second dice roleplay. So I am totally open to suggestions. Now this is just a rough draft, if you guys think something needs adjusting or should be different, please tell me so I can fix it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is but a WIP, and there is a lot of features missing like, What role you can play ranging from lowly officers to the highest of generals, and so on. So please bear with me as I add them on one by one.

Updated, But not finished. If anybody is interested please comment, But this rp probably won't be up until Thanksgiving or friday. Thanks @Cap!

I've been to Louisville. I am very interested in this RP when are you planning on starting this?

Well I kind of resigned on doing this, mainly because it got no interest. But I can start it up again if you would like, maybe get it running by a week from now if I get enough players. @lcomstock4

AdmiralKerkov said:
Well I kind of resigned on doing this, mainly because it got no interest. But I can start it up again if you would like, maybe get it running by a week from now if I get enough players. @lcomstock4
I'm interested if you get more people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back