• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Band RP?

Redrobinwing

DXw9Y-JXcAEPbgC.jpg

Hey everyone, I've been in the mood for an RP that centers around a band or two, and I wanted to see if anyone would be down for something? I have some ideas for plot that I'll list below, but I really want everyone person who participates in the RP to have a major influence on the story. I don't wanna DM as much as I want everyone to play that sort of role in forming the story. Now, some rules: proper grammar is a must, as is being polite to other members of the RP. I'd prefer players to be 16+. I believe that's about it.

Plot Ideas:
A famous band is being followed around by a documentary team
A band is assigned to attend a music camp to boost their publicity and to draw more people to the camp
A popular band returns to their hometown for the summer to relax, but can't seem to fit back into their community because of their popularity
Two bands (could be rivals or friends) go on a giant tour together

I'm open to more plot suggestions, and of course not every person has to be a member of the band.

Last edited:
animegirl20 animegirl20 BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02 MarkNorbert MarkNorbert apolla apolla
Thanks for showing interest! Do you guys have any preference/input on what sort of plot you'd want to do? Also, sorry for responding a bit late, been a busy few days.

V a l k y r i e V a l k y r i e
I think it'd be good if we decided as a group, that way everyone is happy with the genre the bands play!
That's totally cool with me, it's a good idea to have the players 'vote' what type of band they should be. I am okay with anything but I wouldn't play a country music member (:
I liked the plots you suggested and will let you guys decide since I honestly liked them all (some could even be combined I think). Oh and I would like to play a band member if that's possible.

I'm right there with you regarding the country music XD

apolla apolla
Thanks!

I was also thinking about a plot where two different bands, whether they're rivals or on friendly terms, go on tour together for one reason or another. I'll add that as a 4th option.

I'm right there with you regarding the country music XD

apolla apolla
Thanks!

I was also thinking about a plot where two different bands, whether they're rivals or on friendly terms, go on tour together for one reason or another. I'll add that as a 4th option.
Wow that idea is also great! Okay I guess if I had to pick favorites I'd say this idea is my fave so far, but the others are great too so I will go with whatever you decide

-I kinda want to play a guitar player or drummer so that is just one more reason why country music is a no with me, that and a milion others xD, sorry if I'm offending anyone here, thats not my intention... To each their own right?

I'm definitely interested!

I like the idea of possibly combining the documentary and the two rival bands on tour. That could be what the documentary is about!

If we can reserve spots I would like to have the lead guitar, if that's okay (if not then I'd be okay with the drums).

Last edited:
animegirl20 animegirl20 I think adding a documentary crew to the cast gives a different perspective to the story, and if anyone doesn't want to play a musician, they can go with one of the people working on the documentary. It might also make the story a bit cluttered though if there are too many characters and/or plot threads, so maybe we should wait and see if we should add it :)
Sure! We can reserve characters.

Lead Singer 1 - animegirl20 animegirl20
Lead Singer 2 - apolla apolla
Lead Guitar 1 - V a l k y r i e V a l k y r i e
Lead Guitar 2 - OPEN
Bass 1 - Walnutt Walnutt
Bass 2 - Redrobinwing Redrobinwing
Drums 1 - OPEN
Drums 2 - OPEN

I believe that is what's been reserved so far. The numbers assigned to each spot don't signify who's in what band, we can figure that out once we have more spots filled.

animegirl20 animegirl20 I think adding a documentary crew to the cast gives a different perspective to the story, and if anyone doesn't want to play a musician, they can go with one of the people working on the documentary. It might also make the story a bit cluttered though if there are too many characters and/or plot threads, so maybe we should wait and see if we should add it :)

Lead Guitar 2 - OPEN
Bass 1 - Walnutt Walnutt
Drums 1 - OPEN
Drums 2 - OPEN

I believe that is what's been reserved so far. The numbers assigned to each spot don't signify who's in what band, we can figure that out once we have more spots filled.
Oh ok I see

Lead Guitar 2 - OPEN
Bass 1 - Walnutt Walnutt
Drums 1 - OPEN
Drums 2 - OPEN

Yeah its probably a good idea to wait and decide the members once the CSs are up to see which characters would fit together best (: but thats just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back