• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Band of Misfits - A Tale of Emethia

"Yeah," the witch nodded, "but it'll take a little longer to wherever you're headed if you plan on going around." Lunastra shrugged, and Samia nodded, eyes like saucers.

"Pj," she said quietly. "O drr. Yjsml upi shsom, zu gtormf. Upi jsbr nrrm zptr yjsm jraqgia." The elf smiled, giving her a patented 'Samia' grin. She quite enjoyed this human's presence (nevermind that she was the one who had finally been able to speak with her normally), and hoped she wouldn't leave too soon. Or at all, if she could help it.

"Hold still for a moment," Lunastra said suddenly, and before Samia could even begin to question why, the witch's hand was on her forehead. Samia stared as the human closed her eyes, then pulled away, crossing her arms.

Samia raised an eyebrow. "...Ejsy esd yjsy... gpt...?" she asked, albeit hesitantly. Had she cast a spell on her, perhaps? The elf stared, worriedly. If it was a spell, hopefully it wasn't a bad one. And if it was, then... well, she hoped it wouldn't last too long.

(( @NetherLightGod Lol I think this may have become a 1x1 =P ))

Lunastra waited patiently for Samia to speak but when she did, she was still speaking elvish which most certainly bothered her. This was a basic spell, did she fail? If she did, how, was the question she was asking right now. The elf should be speaking normal human language now but that doesn't seem to be the case. She had used the spell to make it easier on the the both of them but mostly Samia since it was clear she could only speak elvish so having the ability to speak to humans so they understand her, would have been beneficial. She rested her hand on her chin and closed her eyes, deep in thought about her failure, or so she thought she failed. She couldn't be sure yet, after all, it did take a while for the spell to work on herself so that could be the case here. She'd have to wait and see.

Lunastra seemed upset. "...Ejsy'd etpmh...?" Samia asked, hesitantly. She felt as if she had done something wrong, though she had no idea what, and the thought of upsetting her newfound friend worried her. "Jsbr O fpmr dpzryjomh yjsy jsd iqdry upi...?" She cringed a little, holding her hands close to her chest, as if in a defensive position.

She didn't expect the witch to attack her or anything (maybe she should have); it was merely a reflex. "O sz dpttu, ejsyrbrt oy od..." She offered Lunastra a sheepish smile, though laced with a small ounce of fear.

((@NetherLightGod Sorry, I didn't want it to seem as if Samia began speaking the Human language when she wasn't trying to; if you tell her to try she will ^^))

Lunastra sighed slightly and shook her head. The elf was apologizing for no reason though it would be easy to see why she might be apologizing, the disappointment was written all over her face. She mentally slapped herself as she realized she hadn't even explained what she had done. "Upi vsm dqrsl jizsm mpe. Hobr oy s djpy." She said ever so bluntly, she didn't feel the need to go into to details or anything like that even though she probably should have but Lunastra didn't really like to explain things because magic is something that most people just won't understand. She adjusted her hat slightly and motioned for the girl to speak.

"You can speak human now," Lunastra replied, shaking her head an gesturing at her. "Give it a shot."

Samia's eyes widened, and her hand moved ever so slowly to her mouth, which was open slightly. "I... I.. can...?" she said quietly, then gasped, eyes growing even wider (if that was possible). Tears sprung into them, and without warning, the elf slammed into the witch, giving her a massive hug. "I can!" she cried, "Oh, thank y-you so much, my fr-friend!"

Her wording was a bit stutter-y, but just the fact that she could word the language at all made her want to burst into tears. ...Not that she wasn't really, already. She released the younger girl from her grasp, gasping and wiping her eyes before she seemed too emotional. Who knew how Lunastra would react to such a thing.

(( @NetherLightGod ))

Lunastra cringed slightly at the hug. Contact with other people was something she tended to avoid but given the circumstances, there was almost no avoiding it. So, she simply let it happen and gave Samia a pathetic hug. Not that she didn't want to hug her but she felt like she couldn't hug correctly for whatever reason. "No need to thank me, I'm sure someone else would have done the same thing if they were me." She mentioned, though thinking back on her own words she concluded that such a thing was unlikely and if it was, they would do it for a price, that price for some men, being the elven woman's body and for women...who knew. Before she knew it, Samia had released her and was currently wiping her tears. She stared for a while, saying nothing before she adjusted her hat and cleared her throat. "Well...you should probably get going if you're planning to get wherever you're going on time." She finally spoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back